RE:Outbreak 1&2: Worth it for single player?

Morrigan Lover

CAGiversary!
Are the two Resident Evil:Outbreak games any fun for single player? I know Capcom shut down the severs for both of them.

I've never played either, but the missions look like the mercenaries mode in RE:3 without the timer. Is this an accurate description? Which is the better game: Outbreak 1 or Outbreak 2?

I've also never played RE:0. Would RE:0 be a better use of my money?

RE:0 is definately the better buy, i bought it on ebay for 9 bux and still play it just for fun, plus the bonus game is awesome, lets you unlock unlimited ammo for all the best wepons..

handgun?? (haha) no...thank you...id much rather use the magnum.

RE: Outbreak is basically what the Challenge Room on Batman is, but for Resident Evil.
It plays like the originals, but you have a smaller inventory. The AI is absolute crap, but the levels are well made and you can unlock a lot of stuff, with a few difficulties to play on as well as the "Lone Wolf Mode" so you don't have to cope with the AI at all - though sometimes you'll probably need them.

I have yet to play Resident Evil 0, but I hear it's a great game, and is the last of them to use the original system (as opposed to the more action-based one introduced by RE4 and used in RE5. I suggest getting that if you want one campaign like the rest of the games.

tl;dr:

RE: Outbreak is more mission-based, with a good amount of stuff to do.
RE: 0 is a straight campaign, but more story-based, possibly better voice acting and a better feel.

Don't play the Outbreaks single player. It's too frustrating. Your team members are way too stupid. I hated playing it single player.

I haven't played RE0 but if you got a RE itch and those are the 3 games you're looking at, go with 0.

Outbreak 1 and 2 are more less for RE completeitists that want all the RE. They arent terrible but not that grea either. I think capcom was trying to get something out the door that hadnt been proven on consoles yet so they had the right idea but executed it the wrong way.

RE0 would be better if you want a real RE experince, although be warned its pretty much just fluff put out as a stopgap between real RE releases and tells a fairly uninteresting backstory best left unexplained. Its not bad but it was dropped during the time period of to much RE when they were stretching the series to the point of breaking.

Don't go into the house Resident Evil: Outbreak 1 lives in. The long load times for activities as simple as passing through doors will leave you feeling diseased.

RE:O is a tad better, as the graphics were impressive at the time, though I still think whoever picked the bosses was a moron (they almost totally consist of mutant animals--stupid shit like crabs and centipedes).

bread's done
Back