Free 1 year of XBOX Live, with just a phone call.

ajh2298

CAGiversary!
Feedback
181 (100%)
I was thinking if this would work today while I was at work, came home and gave it a try and it worked no problem.

Here is what I did I was thinking how do the people know at
1-800-4MY-XBOX know if you have a 2 month trail code or the 1 year free code. So I called when I got home and said I just bought SC:pT and it came with the 1 year XBL code(I only got the 2 month code, when I bought it), and gave a BS story on how I heard on the internet that the 1 year codes were not working if you punched them in, and you had to call to get them to add on the free year. She said no problem added the year to my account and never even took the code off of me(which remember I never had one in the first place, I only have 2 month codes).

The next part is even cooler I called my brother, about an hour later, and told him to give it a shot and it worked for him also, no problem(the only thing is they asked for the code and he had a 2 month one lying around, and he read it to the guy and was like ok I just added the free year onto your exsisting account) .

This might be a YMMV kind of scam but you never know.

Also before you flame me for scamming Microsoft, remember I am scamming Microsoft I think they can afford it.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']oh shnaps... here it comes!

btw, i thought you were supposed to get a 1 year code with the purchase of SC:pT?[/quote]

2 month, 1 yr, or even some electronics are randomly inserted

[quote name='Southberm']Why do these things never work for me but always for others[/quote]

Cause your jewish?

Actually, i think its because people like us have morals...or bad timing. :)

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin']Maybe i can scam them into fixing my xbox for free
Wish me luck![/quote]

I got them to fix my first XBOX for free I told them I was going to trade it in for a PS2 at EB(when EB had some sort of trade in deal) and they sent me out a pre-paid shipping label fixed it for free and I got it back in like two weeks.

Plus F@#K Microsoft, after dumping 500.00 (out of my own pocket) on their awful computer software for school over the past few years, I think they owe me something.

Plus Bill Gates is THE MAN, and you know what thet say DAMN THE MAN.

Hey...maybe if I call them and tell them that they've got my Xbox, they'll send me a free one!

Or maybe I can go into a bank and tell them that I've lost my wallet...think they'll give me money?

Stealing is wrong, you ass. You're a ****ing disgrace to the gaming community. It doesn't matter if you got away with it...it's still illegal, and very much so immoral. This isn't a deal...it's a crime.

Hey, I got a legit renewal on XBL for $20. I honestly think that even at $50 it's a bargain deal for the service and the upgrades they keep doing. I wouldn't brag about this but hey, you're proud you're proud.

Personally I couldn't lie to a MS rep like that. They're losing money hand over fist on XBL and the Xbox and God knows I don't want to be left with Sony running the entire gaming world. Hate to say this but my image of MS completely different for Xbox than it is their Windows/Office monopoly.

I guess Microsoft doesn't have to pay thier employees or incur any real world costs because they just employ an unstopable robot horde, right?

Not yet , but Bill Gates will get it done eventually I'm sure....then enslave the human race with the same robot horde.

But on serious note, I totally agree in saying this is wrong.

Hey, can you just call Microsoft when your free 2 month trail is about to expire and say you wanna cancel the account and they'll extend it for another amount of time? I've been doing this with AOL forever, do the 45 day trail and call to say you wanna cancel and they're like "obviously 45 days wasn't enough to see all the features AOL, let me give you 2 more months".

this would be like someone saying hey if u call walmart and tell them that they gave u $10 in change instead of $60, they'll say they're sorry and give u $50.. i mean if somebody told me that, i'd do it.

Also how the hell is he supposed to get in trouble? U say its fraud and theft which is true.. but what do they have on him? what proof do they have that he did not actually have the subscription card and threw it away after subscribing? they dont have shit.

i just hate when ppl go into a thread and flame somebody like they're trying to be the good guy who never does wrong. Hey i'm Captain Good Guy, here to tell u that what u did was bad. and to make sure that u know it was bad, i'm gonna directly quote every sentence and then tell whats bad about it. That should teach you a lesson.

[quote name='suprsaiyanMAX']
I guess Microsoft doesn't have to pay thier employees or incur any real world costs because they just employ an unstopable robot horde, right?

Not yet , but Bill Gates will get it done eventually I'm sure....then enslave the human race with the same robot horde.

But on serious note, I totally agree in saying this is wrong.[/quote]

http://www.irobotmovie.com

You know, if you wanted free Xbox Live that bad you could have just gone to a video rental place and asked the clerk if there were any you could have. A lot of people here reported no problems doing that.

Great posts JSweeney. I wish CheapyD would start banning these clowns that post the "HAY GUYS I just got away with theft/fraud you can too" threads.

Good luck with that theft. I can bet that you get flagged and your credit card gets charged! Good luck getting your money back. Plus the $6 a month is more expensive than prepaying for a year.

Plus F@#K Microsoft, after dumping 500.00 (out of my own pocket) on their awful computer software for school over the past few years, I think they owe me something.

Are you in a state university? Check and see if Microsoft has any sort of 'discount' program with your school. I bought Windows XP Pro for $25, and Office XP for $35 through the program they set up for the U. of Wisconsin.

honestly, i have no problem with other people coming up with little scams like this; if someone wnats to break the law and be a cheater, that's their problem.

What i DO hate however, is that this jackass thought it would impress us if he bragged about it to everyone here. DOn't drag us into your shit, buddy.

I think we should tell CheapyD about scammers to get them kicked off the site. It could ruin this awesome site for us and get Cheapy in major legal trouble. Plus, don't be an loser. How would u feel if someone scammed u out of $50 bucks? And then posted on the internet about how they scammed u. Smooth.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Hey...maybe if I call them and tell them that they've got my Xbox, they'll send me a free one!

Or maybe I can go into a bank and tell them that I've lost my wallet...think they'll give me money?

Stealing is wrong, you ass. You're a ****ing disgrace to the gaming community. It doesn't matter if you got away with it...it's still illegal, and very much so immoral. This isn't a deal...it's a crime.[/quote]

:roll:

[quote name='MrBrando']Hey, can you just call Microsoft when your free 2 month trail is about to expire and say you wanna cancel the account and they'll extend it for another amount of time? I've been doing this with AOL forever, do the 45 day trail and call to say you wanna cancel and they're like "obviously 45 days wasn't enough to see all the features AOL, let me give you 2 more months".[/quote]

No, I canceled and they asked a few questions but they did not offer to extend it.

err..since when did cheapassgamer stand for cheapassscamer

there is a difference between scams and taking advantage of deals and loopholes

[quote name='organicow']honestly, i have no problem with other people coming up with little scams like this; if someone wnats to break the law and be a cheater, that's their problem.

What i DO hate however, is that this jackass thought it would impress us if he bragged about it to everyone here. DOn't drag us into your shit, buddy.[/quote]

totally agree...keep stuff like this to yourself....sure im cheap, but im not a thief

lmao dood JSweeney do you ever shut the fuck up? seriously its like you look for anything i post and analyze it. Stop running around being a little bitch. You're still doing the whole "Captain Do Good" shit and its annoying as hell. Go to walmart, pick you up some vagisil and some midol and stop being a bitch.

*waits for JSweeney to show up with his big boy pants on and the stick up his ass, ready to analyze my post*

[quote name='Cracka']lmao dood JSweeney do you ever shut the shaq-fu up? seriously its like you look for anything i post and analyze it. Stop running around being a little bitch. You're still doing the whole "Captain Do Good" shit and its annoying as hell. Go to walmart, pick you up some vagisil and some midol and stop being a bitch.

*waits for JSweeney to show up with his big boy pants on and the stick up his ass, ready to analyze my post*[/quote]

Haha... I guess you go by many different names here on CAG because your posts aren't the only ones he breaks down and analyzes. He does that to overwhelm the other side so he wins his arguments - which is much more mature than calling someone a 'little bitch'. By the way saying stuff like that only makes you look like what you accuse people of. If you think it's annoying, don't read it. Its that simple.

EDIT: Fixed some glaring typos

I think it's funny that since JSweeney makes all the people he confronts look like total idiots, so they resort to immature insults. Just because he makes you look like a trained ape, you get so mad you end up proving yourself the idiot.

[quote name='Cracka']lmao dood JSweeney do you ever shut the shaq-fu up? seriously its like you look for anything i post and analyze it. Stop running around being a little bitch. You're still doing the whole "Captain Do Good" shit and its annoying as hell. Go to walmart, pick you up some vagisil and some midol and stop being a bitch.

*waits for JSweeney to show up with his big boy pants on and the stick up his ass, ready to analyze my post*[/quote]

No need to wait for Sweeney to show up. I'll do it:

You're a tool.

Haha... I guess you go by many different names here on CAG because your posts aren't the only ones he breaks down and analyzes.

Yes he does this in every post he makes, and that is why it is annoying as hell. Apparently you do not find it as annoying as me? I'm going to start doing it in all of my posts.

He does that to overwhelm the other side so he wins his arguments - which is much more mature than calling someone a 'little bitch'.

yea cause we know he'd never do anything childish like that. Except for when he called me Major Dumbass, but i guess that doesnt count since JSweeney said it.

By the way saying stuff like that only makes you look like what you accuse people of.

JSweeney is doing the same shit but i guess anything Dudley Do Right does is ok, as long as its just him doing it.

If you think it's annoying, don't read it. Its that simple.

well since he posts in just about every damn thread, its hard not to read it. Also i'd like to say the same applies to what I say. If you dont like it, dont read it. Seems pretty simple to me too.

I think it's funny that since JSweeney makes all the people he confronts look like total idiots, so they resort to immature insults. Just because he makes you look like a trained ape, you get so mad you end up proving yourself the idiot.

Funny i dont think i've proved myself an idiot. and its funny in your comment you bash me for using "immature insults" and in the same comment u call me an trained ape, and an idiot. wish i were as mature as you.

You're a tool.

Ouch, got me good. Hey look stoneface, he's resorted to immature insults too, guess he just proved himself an idiot.

[quote name='Cracka']Haha... I guess you go by many different names here on CAG because your posts aren't the only ones he breaks down and analyzes.

Yes he does this in every post he makes, and that is why it is annoying as hell. Apparently you do not find it as annoying as me? I'm going to start doing it in all of my posts.

He does that to overwhelm the other side so he wins his arguments - which is much more mature than calling someone a 'little bitch'.

yea cause we know he'd never do anything childish like that. Except for when he called me Major Dumbass, but i guess that doesnt count since JSweeney said it.

By the way saying stuff like that only makes you look like what you accuse people of.

JSweeney is doing the same shit but i guess anything Dudley Do Right does is ok, as long as its just him doing it.

If you think it's annoying, don't read it. Its that simple.

well since he posts in just about every damn thread, its hard not to read it. Also i'd like to say the same applies to what I say. If you dont like it, dont read it. Seems pretty simple to me too.

Funny i dont think i've proved myself an idiot. and its funny in your comment you bash me for using "immature insults" and in the same comment u call me an trained ape, and an idiot. wish i were as mature as you.

You're a tool.

Ouch, got me good. Hey look stoneface, he's resorted to immature insults too, guess he just proved himself an idiot.[/quote]

And you're still a tool.

JSweeny you're an idiot, they're not gonna make him pay for it after they already gave it to him with no questions asked, moron.

[quote name='optimolife']JSweeny you're an idiot, they're not gonna make him pay for it after they already gave it to him with no questions asked, moron.[/quote]

You're right...they won't make him pay.

That's no guarantee that they won't cancel his service and ban him from XBox live permanently, though. That's also no guarantee that they won't have him charged with credit fraud.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus'][quote name='optimolife']JSweeny you're an idiot, they're not gonna make him pay for it after they already gave it to him with no questions asked, moron.[/quote]

You're right...they won't make him pay.

That's no guarantee that they won't cancel his service and ban him from XBox live permanently, though. That's also no guarantee that they won't have him charged with credit fraud.[/quote]

Shhh! :whistle2:$ Logic will only anger him.

Hey cracka, calling you an idiot wasn't an insult, it was an observation, and the trained monkey was comparing your intelligence to JSweeney's so it was an accurate analogy. I still don't know why you think it's such a bad thing that some of us here have morals.

Apparently, you have an issue with the way I post. That is your opinion, and you are quite welcome to it. Of course, I would like to take a look at the grievances for which you state that you hate my posting habits so.

now that you've finished listing things that have nothing to do with why i hate the way you post, i will give you the actual reasons.

1. its not that you break down paragraphs into "logical" sentences, its the fact that you scrutinize every word that is posted, and then you comment on figurative things as if they were literal in order to try and make the other person look like they dont know what they're talking about.
-An example would be when i said that this "deal" would be like going to walmart and telling them that they gave you incorrect change and them giving you what you tell them the correct change was. That was a figurative example. I know walmart would never do that, but of course you scrutinized my example as if it were a literal example and by doing so, you were basically trying to say i didnt know what i was talking about.

2. I adapt my posts to the tone of the argument, and add insults into the text of my posts if such is called for by the tone of the thread.

so when you add insults, its "adapting" to the text of the posts, but when i respond to insults with my own insults, its "being an idiot" or a "tool" as some nerds might say.

3. I post too much, and it is hard to avoid my posts.

i never said you post too much, and i never expected you to quit posting here. magilacudy said i should just not read ur posts if i dont like them, to which i replied that you post in almost every thread. I was basically telling him that i'm not going to weed out every thread with your posts in it.

Considering that I enjoy posting here, it is rather unlikely that I'm just going to stop because I've ruffled a few feathers.

i also like this site and these forums. also in another thread i stated that i wasnt directly pointing my comments to you and that i wasnt trying to start a fight with anyone here, and as soon as i said this, you analyzed everything i said, then went to another thread where i posted *this one* and started things up again.

I think it is funny how everyone stops by to call me immature for sayin crap back and continuing the argument, and then they call me things like.. "tool, idiot, etc" .. I'm guessing this is your way of being mature and trying to stop an argument right? walking past an argument and calling one person a name is like trying to put out a fire by throwing gasoline on it.

ALSO:
you seemed to be too busy analyzing what i said to actually understand what i was trying to say earlier. I asked how could they tell that he had not actually had trouble with his XBL account and that he really did have a XBL card? How will they be able to tell the difference in the people who really did have trouble with their cards and the ones who were calling in tricking them and getting a year free? Are they just going to cancel everyone who called in's XBL accounts, even the ones who honestly had trouble with it? I dont think so.

I've already said this before, but i dont support doing this. I wouldnt do it, and i'm not telling anyone else to, but i dont see how you would get caught.

Last time i mentioned this, you said that if a bunch of people called in and did this, people would get suspicious. I know this. when i stated that i didnt see how you would get caught, i was refering to the OP of this thread. I dont see how he would get caught. Yes if alot of other people did this they would start getting suspicious and those people would more than likely get in trouble. This is why i said i dont support this, and i would not do this.

To Microsoft:

Recently while browsing Cheapassgamer.com, I've discovered a scam that one of their members has used to steal a year of Xbox Live for free from Microsoft. The user, ajh2298, called up MS and told them his year renewal card wasn't working, and the MS employee credited him with a year of XBL, no questions asked, despite him not having any renewal code. Here is his post:

"I was thinking if this would work today while I was at work, came home and gave it a try and it worked no problem.

1-800-4MY-XBOX know if you have a 2 month trail code or the 1 year free code. So I called when I got home and said I just bought SC:pT and it came with the 1 year XBL code(I only got the 2 month code, when I bought it), and gave a BS story on how I heard on the internet that the 1 year codes were not working if you punched them in, and you had to call to get them to add on the free year. She said no problem added the year to my account and never even took the code off of me(which remember I never had one in the first place, I only have 2 month codes).

The next part is even cooler I called my brother, about an hour later, and told him to give it a shot and it worked for him also, no problem(the only thing is they asked for the code and he had a 2 month one lying around, and he read it to the guy and was like ok I just added the free year onto your exsisting account) .

Also before you flame me for scamming Microsoft, remember I am scamming Microsoft I think they can afford it."

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12509&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Although I can't supply ano information on him, I'm sure if you investigate the matter further, you can easily pinpoint him and, hopefully, ban his XBL account. Just wanted to bring this to Microsoft's attention, and I hope something is done to correct this in fairness to paying customers like myself.

-Rich

[quote name='RichD1']To Microsoft:

Recently while browsing Cheapassgamer.com, I've discovered a scam that one of their members has used to steal a year of Xbox Live for free from Microsoft. The user, ajh2298, called up MS and told them his year renewal card wasn't working, and the MS employee credited him with a year of XBL, no questions asked, despite him not having any renewal code. Here is his post:

"I was thinking if this would work today while I was at work, came home and gave it a try and it worked no problem.

Also before you flame me for scamming Microsoft, remember I am scamming Microsoft I think they can afford it."

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12509&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Although I can't supply ano information on him, I'm sure if you investigate the matter further, you can easily pinpoint him and, hopefully, ban his XBL account. Just wanted to bring this to Microsoft's attention, and I hope something is done to correct this in fairness to paying customers like myself.

-Rich[/quote]

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAAH!

zing.jpg

bread's done
Back