Bioshock 2 Limited Edition Hardcover Guide - $23.09 at Amazon

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
It seems like every game is getting a "Limited Edition" hardcover guide these days. Amazon has it for Bioshock 2 for $23.09. That's about their regular rate for these editions so you might want to wait for price drop. The guide is published by Brady Games which might turn some off, but I'm posting it anyway since I might be getting hooked on getting these damn things.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/074401163...iveASIN=0744011639&adid=1KX8A5C2J1C88C7M1RE3&

This is what I got from the official site. Apparently it comes with a set of lithographs:

HARDCOVER STRATEGY GUIDE
Everything from the Signature Series guide packaged in an embossed hardcover.

BONUS LITHOGRAPHS!
Own two pieces of BioShock 2-themed art! Bundled with each hardcover guide is 1 of 2 sets of collectible lithographs.

GET IN THE DIVE SUIT!
Step into the shoes of a Big Daddy and use this guide to explore the ruins and uncover the secrets of this underwater metropolis. Use the information gathered within these pages to locate invaluable vending machines, find Little Sisters, and punish the deadliest foes in Rapture.

JOIN THE BATTLE FOR RAPTURE!
Use our deep multiplayer strategy and maps to go head to head with other Splicers. Learn the locations of valuable power-ups and where Big Daddy suits spawn so you can destroy your opposition.

EQUIP BIG DADDY WEAPONRY!
Rev up your Big Daddy Drill, blast your enemies with the Rivet Gun, and lay waste to Splicers with the vast array of Plasmids and Tonics at your disposal

Here are what the lithographs look like. They sell for $20 each from the direct site so this is definitely a good value

[quote name='qwerty1']

Here are all 4 up close

Mr Bubbles

The Sisters

Subject Delta[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure. $23 is usually the base price that these go for on Amazon. I'm just wondering how "limited" these are. A lot of other guides simply say "Collector's Edition", but aren't necessarily limited in quantities.

Yes it was cheaper before. It was as low as 19.79. It was just 21.59 the other day. So it's been going up.

I emailed and begged to let them use my Bioshock 2 game credit towards the purchase of 2 of these. Waiting for a response. I'm assuming they'll tell me no like they do 75% of the time but it's worth a shot.

Here's a pic of 2 of the 4 lithographs. Anyone have better pics or pics of the other 2?

3k63pa3oa5P05R35S2a2907b385ce0c3b1de0.jpg
3n03pd3l45O15Pf5R6a29edf7ba484b581d06.jpg

I have the other two lithos. I'll try to get a pic up soon. On another note, would you want to trade or sell yours, Shock? I have the "1959" one that I'd like to trade for your "The Sisters" if you want to. PM me!

I wonder if the lithograph that comes with the strategy guide (pictured above on the left) is the same size and quality as this signed one that sold on eBay for $710.00. :shock: It's by one of my favorite artists Jhonen Vasquez (creator of Invader Zim, Squee, and Johnny the Homicidal Maniac). The eBay seller is IGN who raised money for Habitat for Humanity for Haiti.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BioShock-2-Fram...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20af30fa5a

bioshockv.jpg

[quote name='Mr Dude65']I have the other two lithos. I'll try to get a pic up soon. On another note, would you want to trade or sell yours, Shock? I have the "1959" one that I'd like to trade for your "The Sisters" if you want to. PM me![/QUOTE]

Nope those are just pics from the net I dont have mine yet! I ordered 2 copies from Amazon just awhile ago.

For pics of the Lithos + The strategy guide though you can look here at posts #11 and #19: http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56414&page=2&highlight=lithographs

[quote name='ssjmichael']Oh really? wish I knew. Hopefully it goes back down again

The lithos look really cool[/QUOTE]

Just FYI, camelcamelcamel.com is an awesome site that tracks Amazon price history as well as other retailers.

Edit: AAAaaah of course they wont let me use the $10 game credit on the books and now I can't cancel my order of the books as they're being prepared for shipping haha. Well hopefully I get one of each sets of the lithos.

Well, even though you haven't gotten yours yet, if you get set A (the one you have pictured) would you want to trade "The Sisters" for "1959"? I don't know why, but I really like that one even though it's creepy as hell.

[quote name='Suck Monkey']I wonder if the lithograph that comes with the strategy guide (pictured above on the left) is the same size and quality as this signed one that sold on eBay for $710.00. :shock: It's by one of my favorite artists Jhonen Vasquez (creator of Invader Zim, Squee, and Johnny the Homicidal Maniac). The eBay seller is IGN who raised money for Habitat for Humanity for Haiti.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BioShock-2-Fram...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20af30fa5a

bioshockv.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Well that was a charity auction run but IGN. Whoever won it could pass it off as tax-deductible since it was for charity so obviously they're gonna bid more (plus they had a lot of attention).

So does the LE come with all of the lithos or a random one?

It comes with one set of two. There are two sets, and you can't tell from the outside which set yours comes with, so it's really luck of the draw. I hope my second copy from amazon has the other set!

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Well, even though you haven't gotten yours yet, if you get set A (the one you have pictured) would you want to trade "The Sisters" for "1959"? I don't know why, but I really like that one even though it's creepy as hell.[/QUOTE]

I think I want to get all 4 and frame them. If I get 2 of the same set with "The Sisters" then yeah I'll trade. Delivery estimate on my order is Feb 18th =/ I think they just put it into the shipping process status because I said I would cancel my order if they couldn't apply the $10 gaming credit to my order lol...dirty Amazon.

[quote name='prateeko']Well that was a charity auction run but IGN. Whoever won it could pass it off as tax-deductible since it was for charity so obviously they're gonna bid more (plus they had a lot of attention).

So does the LE come with all of the lithos or a random one?[/QUOTE]
Nope they can't pass it off as tax deductible. It said under the auction heading on IGN that none of the auctions were tax deductible. I forget the specific reasons why but it was very obvious.

Do these kind of guides usually go down in price, like $10, stay the same or go up in price? Whats the average?

Thinking about picking this up, but I probably won't get Bioshock for 2 months.

I believe this will go up in value, especially with the lithos. If these really are limited, I could see them going for like $50 easily in a month or two. The fallout 3 CE guide is a great example of this, as well as the DA:O CE guide.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']I believe this will go up in value, especially with the lithos. If these really are limited, I could see them going for like $50 easily in a month or two. The fallout 3 CE guide is a great example of this, as well as the DA:O CE guide.[/QUOTE]

Gah, bought it. I really don't need more guides/magazines (2 years of GI and half a year of OXM, and about 1 year and a half of shonen jump). :bomb:

[quote name='Mr Dude65']I believe this will go up in value, especially with the lithos. If these really are limited, I could see them going for like $50 easily in a month or two. The fallout 3 CE guide is a great example of this, as well as the DA:O CE guide.[/QUOTE]

they sell the lithos/prints seperately direct for $20 a pop. So yes this is a good deal unless you only wanted a certain ones, then its a crap shoot. All the same the guides are not the only way to get them. Who knows what "limited" means. They call the little sister figs and the other lithos "limited" as well and they've been available for well over a year.

Here are all 4 up close

Mr Bubbles

The Sisters

Subject Delta

nuts, you don't get all 4, you only get a set of 2?
that's stupid

also, prima did fallout and dragon age, this is bradygames, so tough to know what their reprint policy will be.

Here's my review of it that I think I posted on GS.com. The button didn't seem to do anything, so I don't know if it's posted or not.

Here you go:

This guide is truly excellent! First, lets start with what you'll see first, the cover. The image you see on the product page is actually a dust jacket around the hardcover book which disappointed me truthfully. I was hoping that it was just a hardcover like the Fallout 3 CE guide because I do not like to wrinkle the outside, but I also don't want to separate the pieces of it. However, they have made up for that by making the jacket SHINY!!!!!!!!!!!! That's not really a plus, but it helps me not be so bothered by it.
Next, you'll probably find the lithographs that are included. These are extremely good quality prints, and should really be framed for the best use of them. There are two sets, and it's pretty much the luck of the draw as to which one you get because I saw no way of telling which one was included from the outside. Set A includes "The Sisters" and "Subject Delta" while Set B includes "1959" and "Mr. Bubbles". I have Set B so far, and, while being very good quality, I did notice that the ink used seems a bit darker than the ones online, so that effects the detail you can see.
Last, but certainly not least, is the guide itself. From what I have read so far, this guide contains just about anything you would want to know during your undersea adventure. From Audio Diary locations to Power to the People stations, this guide has all the info you'll ever need. There are spoiler alerts throughout the guide warning you that, if you haven't played the game yet, you could find out some information you may not have wanted to know just yet. This helps because there are a lot of good surprises in the game, and who would want them ruined? There is also a good section with background info on all of the major players in the Rapturian world which is very useful to someone who loves the lore of the Bioshock universe. The multiplayer section is very good, and includes maps of all the locations showing you exactly where everything is. You will definitely be the big fish in a little pond with these. All in all, this guide will definitely help you in your fight through he dark and mysterious halls of Rapture.
I'm giving this guide a solid 9.3 out of ten for the reasons mentioned above. The actual guide is extremely well done, and will help out anyone on their romp through Rapture. The hardcover is nice and durable, and will stand up through all of your many uses. The only real issues that prevent me from giving this a perfect 10 are the slipcover which can be wrinkled or lost, and the decision to only include two lithos, instead of all four. I recommend this guide to anyone looking for the ultimate Bioshock experience. People who are just looking for a way to make it through the game, however, should probably stick with it's paperback counterpart.
This guide is truly excellent! First, lets start with what you'll see first, the cover. The image you see on the product page is actually a dust jacket around the hardcover book which disappointed me truthfully. I was hoping that it was just a hardcover like the Fallout 3 CE guide because I do not like to wrinkle the outside, but I also don't want to separate the pieces of it. However, they have made up for that by making the jacket SHINY!!!!!!!!!!!! That's not really a plus, but it helps me not be so bothered by it.
Next, you'll probably find the lithographs that are included. These are extremely good quality prints, and should really be framed for the best use of them. There are two sets, and it's pretty much the luck of the draw as to which one you get because I saw no way of telling which one was included from the outside. Set A includes "The Sisters" and "Subject Delta" while Set B includes "1959" and "Mr. Bubbles". I have Set B so far, and, while being very good quality, I did notice that the ink used seems a bit darker than the ones online, so that effects the detail you can see.
Last, but certainly not least, is the guide itself. From what I have read so far, this guide contains just about anything you would want to know during your undersea adventure. From Audio Diary locations to Power to the People stations, this guide has all the info you'll ever need. There are spoiler alerts throughout the guide warning you that, if you haven't played the game yet, you could find out some information you may not have wanted to know just yet. This helps because there are a lot of good surprises in the game, and who would want them ruined? There is also a good section with background info on all of the major players in the Rapturian world which is very useful to someone who loves the lore of the Bioshock universe. The multiplayer section is very good, and includes maps of all the locations showing you exactly where everything is. You will definitely be the big fish in a little pond with these. All in all, this guide will definitely help you in your fight through he dark and mysterious halls of Rapture.
I'm giving this guide a solid 9.3 out of ten for the reasons mentioned above. The actual guide is extremely well done, and will help out anyone on their romp through Rapture. The hardcover is nice and durable, and will stand up through all of your many uses. The only real issues that prevent me from giving this a perfect 10 are the slipcover which can be wrinkled or lost, and the decision to only include two lithos, instead of all four. I recommend this guide to anyone looking for the ultimate Bioshock experience. People who are just looking for a way to make it through the game, however, should probably stick with it's paperback counterpart.

The lithos alone make it worth it. I just got it in my goldbox so I ordered! I think this one will actually be pretty limited with those sweet lithos included. I'm tempted to buy another just to hold on to.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']It comes with one set of two. There are two sets, and you can't tell from the outside which set yours comes with, so it's really luck of the draw. I hope my second copy from amazon has the other set![/QUOTE]
This is nuts! You're basically trying to complete the litho collection by buying extra guide? Kudos to you, but this idea doesn't sit well with those folks didn't get the mysterious code in the Darksiders game :lol:

Hmmm, the guide does look good, but do i really need it? Very tempting... If the price drops to $20, i'll get one.

If somebody wants to trade lithos, i'm looking for either one in set one for my 1959 one. I had ordered the larger print of 1959 from take2 so I don't need the smaller version as well.

in for 1. That post with the picture of the lithograph framed sold me. I'm going to frame the 2 that I get. Should looks pretty nice on the wall.

[quote name='Serpentor']This is nuts! You're basically trying to complete the litho collection by buying extra guide? Kudos to you, but this idea doesn't sit well with those folks didn't get the mysterious code in the Darksiders game :lol:

Hmmm, the guide does look good, but do i really need it? Very tempting... If the price drops to $20, i'll get one.[/QUOTE]

Well, the way I saw it was, if I didn't get the first set (which I didn't:cry:) I could trade for the first set, or ebay everything separately. I am trading with someone for the first set, and will most likely ebay the guide for $20 or something which is what I paid for it, so I get both sets for the same price. It works for me.

Also, I have a Darksiders code too:D:lol::D

I thought that it was a justified purchase. For $10 above retail for one, I got two, and will actually get half that purchase back. If I were to buy all the lithos off of the Take-Two store, it would cost me $80. Therefore, I feel satisfied with my purchase.

[quote name='DarthWar']Lithos on Take2 are nicer and are bigger than the ones you get in the guide.[/QUOTE]
The lithographs from take2store.com are 14.5" X 12". What are the dimensions of the lithographs included with the strategy guides?

bioshockl.jpg

Man that looks sweet might order one next week! The bigger one off 2k site that is. Don't really have a need for the guide and I really only want the Sisters one

Ordered a copy, just because it's hardcover :lol:

Not into lithos, but i think i'll sell them to make the guide cheaper. Personally, i like set B better, i hope i get set B.

Don't know if you'll read this before you can't cancel your order anymore, but I have an extra guide (without lithos) that I'd sell for $21 shipped via media mail, or $25 shipped for a faster service. PM me. Would also trade for something close to value.

25.19 at Amazon. This could get rare who knows...Amazon showing only 131 left in stock.

I'm a little pissed because mine came but the book and the lithographs were bent at the corners. Guess I'll try to get a discount or replacement.

It is in my goldbox for $23.93 (32% off) . But that is still too much for me on a guide . Unless I canceled my 3 guides for Final Fantasy 13

It was definitely showing $34.99 a few minutes ago (it surprised me so I made sure I was seeing the right thing) but, you're right, it's $25.19 now.

Is Bioshock 2 really even a game that you need a guide for? I mean ... it's a pretty linear experience isn't it? Seeing the book in person, I'd be tempted at $15 to $20 but Amazon keeps playing with the price.

[quote name='etcrane']Is Bioshock 2 really even a game that you need a guide for? I mean ... it's a pretty linear experience isn't it? Seeing the book in person, I'd be tempted at $15 to $20 but Amazon keeps playing with the price.[/QUOTE]

Well it has its moments where you have to walk about 200 feet ( estimate of course ) and then find a code written in blood on a wall then walk back and enter the code in a door lock to unlock it to get to Plasmids, ammo , money , and those voice thingy's . So in someways it would be nice to have a guide but it is definitely not necessary : )

Mine came with a destroyed spine/dust jacket so Amazon sent me a replacement. It probably wasn't there fault since it sounded like the Fedex guy threw the box over the railing and onto the porch.

I love the Mr. Bubbles artwork, but it's not worth the $20 to buy it on the Take 2 store and it's not worth the $20 for 1/2 shot at it and a guide that I probably won't use. :cry:

bread's done
Back