Daria - The Complete Animated Series - May 11th - FINALLY!!!!!

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
center]

Daria - The Complete Animated Series on DVD will, according to the studio, contain "ALL FIVE SEASONS PLUS BOTH MOVIES!" The running time is 1606 minutes (almost 27 hours!), and video is listed as full screen. Audio specs haven't been provided yet, nor do we have pricing or package art so far. But for now here's a list of the bonus material that will be found on the set, and please stay tuned for updates!

* Pilot - Sealed With a Kick
* Music Video: Mystik Spiral Music Video "Freakin' Friends"
* Daria Day Intros
* Top Ten Video Countdown Hosted by Daria & Jane
* Cast & Crew Interviews
* Never Before-Seen Mystik Sprial spin-off script

Sorry if this isn't the right section.. there's really no forum for DVD announcements. I'm so freakin' excited for this!!! Amazon has a listing up, but no price yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UslR8AfIxBw

Wow, I am so pumped for this. I've been signed up on Amazon for ages to receive notification of when it is available.

Very nice. One of the few good things to ever emerge from 90's era MTV. While the music will almost certainly be butchered, I'll give it a serious consideration, depending on reviews. However, if it's like The State set, it may fall off my Must-Buy list.

This is a must buy for me, edited music or not. It's been so long since I've seen the show I doubt i'd noticed any changed music.

Been getting notifications from TVonDVD myself about this. Pretty darn excited.

I remember catching eps at my sister's house in the summer...before I had cable myself. Couple years back I started watching eps on Youtube, before they started pulling them down.

I'll have to get this at release.

[quote name='zenintrude']This is amazing.... however, if they don't secure the original music rights, it's going to be a little disappointing.[/QUOTE]

I actually just watched The State last week and couldn't believe how all the music had been replaced. Not to mention all the posters and products shown are blurred out. It wouldn't surprise me if the same would happen here.

I'll be honest, when I thought all hope was lost a few years back (maybe '05), I went and downloaded all of the Daria I could find. Spent weeks doing so. I still have them, but haven't been able to watch them, because they're on an desktop hard drive that I don't have an external case for and all I have now is my trusty laptop. I can see the thing from where I sit, so it hasn't been out of my head at all. The HDD was JUST big enough to fit the 12 gigs on it, and all of the videos used different formats (Quicktime, RealPlayer, you name it, there was at least 1 video encoded that way).

Glad to see that I won't have to by an external case to watch this amazing show. I'll be picking up Day 1. About damn time this show got the DVD treatment.

OH.

fuck.

YES.
aslkdjaslkjds

I still remember how pissed I was to find out this and Zim had gotten cancelled within a week of each other (even though Daria's creator ended it of his own volition).

This just made my day, i have been waiting for this to come to DVD as well. And its nuts its only 50 bones hopefully. for the whole series.

Hoping for 35 or less. I wonder how many discs this beast will be? I was so young when this aired but I did enjoy it for what it was worth.

Lol there is a fad going on in this topic of hyping this up to be amazing when it's really just average at best lmao.

Oh, sweet. I can't believe this is finally coming out to DVD. Now I have a secret to tell all of you.

I had a crush on Daria.

Well, you know, it was only a week. But still. She was, like the perfect woman, and I was a youngin'.

I will be buying this. I find the 50.00 MSRP hard to believe (which should mean Amazon prices this at what, 40-44 bucks?) but I'm on it. I will attempt to sell this the idea of buying this set to as many of my friends as I can.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Lol there is a fad going on in this topic of hyping this up to be amazing when it's really just average at best lmao.[/QUOTE]

The amazing part is that they're finally putting the show out on DVD. When the show was ended in 2002, many people thought it would never happen. As the years went on, it became more evident that it wouldn't. When I read this thread, my 2005 self said "Shut your mouth!" and then my 2007 self said "No f'n way..."

Your opinion of the show is yours to have, but to many of us, this is a day that we never thought we'd ever see. Thats really the amazing part.

Wait a second. Isn't Fire_Thief the one who posts deals regarding various Dragon Ball Z products with exclamation marks?

A little hype there?

Oh wait, I forgot, Dragon Ball Z is the most amazing thing to ever come out.

[quote name='advanced']The amazing part is that they're finally putting the show out on DVD. When the show was ended in 2002, many people thought it would never happen. As the years went on, it became more evident that it wouldn't. When I read this thread, my 2005 self said "Shut your mouth!" and then my 2007 self said "No f'n way..."

Your opinion of the show is yours to have, but to many of us, this is a day that we never thought we'd ever see. Thats really the amazing part.[/QUOTE]
Also, the show was really freaking good. Too bad all the music will be cut out.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Lol there is a fad going on in this topic of hyping this up to be amazing when it's really just average at best lmao.[/QUOTE]

This Daria complete series DVD release is the greatest thing that has ever happened in the history of the universe. Everything has just been leading up to this significant moment in time. On May 11th, several thousands peoples heads' will spontaneously combust out of sheer joy and uncontrollable excitement. Web trolls will be shitting fire and pissing acid. It will be a joyous day indeed. :D lmao lmao lmao lmao :D

I can't believe this many people liked this show. With that said, I sorta did, but didn't have MTV growing up so I never saw it unless I caught it at my friend's house. (I also felt like I was a male version of her...)

I believe anyone that knows about this show has dated themselves because I'm sure there are "young" people today that have no idea about this show.

If a lot of the music gets cut perhaps it should be called the 'Mostly Complete Series'.

Might have to get it, though, and I know a lot of friends who have been dying for this.

bread's done
Back