Cheap, reliable laptop/notebook PC?

CENNY

CAGiversary!
Wondering if anyone can tell me the best deals right now ($300-350 is my max) on a totally basic laptop that will just be used for surfing/email and maybe a word doc and some powerpoints. Nothing fancy, and I don't care about brand name, just the cheaper the better. I would prefer to pick up from a bricks and mortar store e.g. Best Buy instead of paying for shipping.

Never used a netbook, I know they're cheaper- how big do their screens get? Any recommendations for that?

Thanks for any input.

A netbook is perfect for what you seem to want to do with the laptop.

Netbooks come in a huge variety of different sizes. The screens are anywhere from 7"-11". You might also want to look into whether or not you want a flash based netbook or one that comes with a traditional hdd. If you don't plan on putting music, pictures, or movies on it then I would suggest going with a ssd hdd since that allows you to just toss your netbook into a backpack without fear of losing data.

I would also recommend buying a netbook online since it'd be cheaper than buying it at Best Buy, even with shipping costs.

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it. The only thing about a netbook is the screen size but I'll check into them.

bread's done
Back