Bad Company 2 (Xbox 360/PS3) $59.95 w/$20 Gift Card at Walmart & Amazon

Edit 2: The PS3 version has changed to a $20 GC, from $10: PS3 Version

And again, if the URL's don't work -- here are the search results: Wal-Mart BFBC2 Search Results

------------

There is a $10 one for PS3 as well: PS3 Version

For some reason, the URL's aren't working all the time, so here is the search result: Wal-Mart BFBC2 Search Results

I'm also hoping for a match by Amazon; already got it on pre-order there and would love some more discount!

Edit:

Also weird, when I click on "Pre-Order", it asks for the eGiftcard name/email, etc. and it sounds like they're sending it right now. I'm assuming that if you cancel the pre-order, the gift card will be deactivated?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='imfromwisconsin']There is a $10 one for PS3 as well: PS3 Version

For some reason, the URL's aren't working all the time, so here is the search results: Wal-Mart BFBC2 Search Results[/QUOTE]
Yeah thanks for posting the other link, I just tried it after I made this thread and it didn't work. Then I clicked it again, and it worked :roll: So I don't know whats going on.

Hurry, Amazon, you know you want to match it.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Why doesn't the PS3 version get a $20 credit? Lame[/QUOTE]
Yeah. Very lame. It's almost like discrimination.

BOO. I preordered this game from walmart.com back when the 20% BCB promotion was going on when the game had $10 egiftcard credit. I checked my account and I haven't been credited the amount!

I went ahead and e-mailed them about this matter. Since my order is still in the "Processing" stage I figure I should be entitled to the extra $10 egiftcard credit. Being Wal-Mart, I expect to be rewarded! Excellent customer service FTW!

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']c'mon amazon. You can have my money instead of gamestop :D[/QUOTE]

I assume you're wanting to order from Amazon.com to receive the guaranteed street date delivery?

..Bah, I wish I walmart.com did this. -_-

Nice! Thanks OP, I bit on it. I also saw the pic of the game said limited edition as well. I had no idea there was one. So many great games, I can't see straight!

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']I assume you're wanting to order from Amazon.com to receive the guaranteed street date delivery?

..Bah, I wish I walmart.com did this. -_-[/QUOTE]

Yeah that and no tax :D

Plus a $20 credit would be awesome with all the goodies coming out. It would immediately go towards that awesome looking Alan Wake CE. :D

Well, was not planning on buying it just yet but this with my $10 gift card is just too good to pass! It's a shame BCB is only 4% right now...anyways many thanks OP! :applause:

[quote name='wild21crazy']Emailed amazon. Hopefully they will price match it.[/QUOTE]

Post up if they reply to your request. I will prob get it from Amazon if they match. We shall see. They prob will.

Just noticed they added a banner on Amazon's BC2 page showing their $10 GC deal, now if only the can change it to $20 ;)

If they make it $20 I'll definitely get it from Amazon. Otherwise I'm on the fence, I really like the demo, but most of my friends are glued to MW2 and fear change. Come on amazon don't let evil Walmart 1-up you!

[quote name='LiquidCrew']Post up if they reply to your request. I will prob get it from Amazon if they match. We shall see. They prob will.[/QUOTE]

Well they emailed me back and they pretty much told me to f off. Here is what I got "We do realize that from time to time, our customers will be able to purchase a single product from another store at a lower price than ours. We recognize that you have a choice of retailers and are pleased that you would prefer to order from us. Amazon doesn’t offer a price match guarantee. I’m sorry about this."

Oh well it was worth a try.

If Amazon price matches this, and the 20 dollars is for the PS3 version as well, then that will finally make me buy this game.

Just preordered my 360 copy from Amazon earlier today; the $10 gift card is just fine by me. The price is almost already the same.

Walmart = $59.96 + $5.40 (TN 9%) sales tax - $20 gift card = $45.36 (final)
Amazon = $56.99 + no sales tax - $10 gift card = $46.99 (final)

Difference = $1.63

Amazon gives me free Prime Release Day shipping and They're-Not-Walmart (TM).

[quote name='emperordahc']Just preordered my 360 copy from Amazon earlier today; the $10 gift card is just fine by me. The price is almost already the same.

Difference = $1.63

Amazon gives me free Prime Release Day shipping and They're-Not-Walmart (TM).[/QUOTE]

Given your logic, this is why Walmart upped their egiftcard amount and why, in my opinion anyway, Amazon will not increase their gaming credit from $10 to $20.

But hey, I could be wrong.

The PS3 version says it has a $20 gift card as well now.

And labelmeoriginal, let me know if Walmart will honor the $20 egift card instead of $10 since I'm in the same boat as you.

walmart is free to home shipping on preorders, you'll see after you go through the order process... though the slow shipping sucks I preordered on walmart.com because I pay tax on amazon anyways in KY and don't wanna bank on amazon (which i shop less now because of ECA bs) pricematching this.

[quote name='emperordahc']Just preordered my 360 copy from Amazon earlier today; the $10 gift card is just fine by me. The price is almost already the same.

Difference = $1.63

Amazon gives me free Prime Release Day shipping and They're-Not-Walmart (TM).[/QUOTE]

:roll:

Gift cards are for FUTURE purchases and have NO cash value, so your logic is flawed. With that said Walmart charges shipping for everything but "home" which can easily take 5-7 days , so yeah Amazon for many is the better deal

yea, same, I'm hoping for a slightly better Amazon deal to get the whole thing near $40, otherwise I'll just wait out a price drop

[quote name='Wintg005']If enough people write into Amazon...Im sure they will adjust the promotion. They have done this before. I believe[/QUOTE]
Agreed. I sent them an email but haven't received anything back from them :(

I currently have it pre ordered for PS3 at walmart, with 20% BCB and a $10 giftcard. Do you think walmart would give me another giftcard to match the current deal? If so, would it somehow mess up the BCB?

[quote name='emperordahc']Amazon gives me free Prime Release Day shipping and They're-Not-Walmart (TM).[/QUOTE]
Word. Honestly will never give them my money unless I'm stuck with another $50 giftcard from there that I have to spend. I really don't need this game, and could wait to get it on goozex, but if Amazon matches that $20 gift card i'll be all over it. Otherwise I need to stop buying games, cause I have too much to play >_

I pre-ordered when it was $10, but BCB was 20%, so that worked out better anyway, especially since I only had to put up $10 instead of $20 (walmart gift card deals works such that you buy the gift card immediately, then buy the game for that much less when it's released.)

This is great! I had mine pre-ordered already since november from AMAZON and when I noticed Walmart had this deal i emailed them on Feb 9th. The amazon rep said they couldn't MATCH IT (i know they don't price match, but wanted to see their reply). The rep did give me $1 off from my order as i mentioned that walmart did have it for a dollar less than Amazon.. So now i am getting the $1 off plus the $10 gift card.

I am going to combine this gift card with the God of War collection $5 gift card for preordering God of War 3 and get $15 off from God of War 3 and then im going to have a $10 gift card for ordering God of War 3 left to use... you gotta love amazon!!!

I suggest people start emailing Amazon NICELY and asking them to match the $20 gift card from Walmart!

[quote name='crunchewy']I pre-ordered when it was $10, but BCB was 20%, so that worked out better anyway, especially since I only had to put up $10 instead of $20 (walmart gift card deals works such that you buy the gift card immediately, then buy the game for that much less when it's released.)[/QUOTE]

Same, but can we keep the 20% BCB and try to get another 10$ giftcard?

[quote name='roostarz']I currently have it pre ordered for PS3 at walmart, with 20% BCB and a $10 giftcard. Do you think walmart would give me another giftcard to match the current deal? If so, would it somehow mess up the BCB?[/QUOTE]

I never got my BCB from my order and they wont let me cancel it because its in process because they emailed me the shitty GC already. So ill just return it to the store once i get it.

[quote name='crunchewy']I pre-ordered when it was $10, but BCB was 20%, so that worked out better anyway, especially since I only had to put up $10 instead of $20 (walmart gift card deals works such that you buy the gift card immediately, then buy the game for that much less when it's released.)[/QUOTE]

When I bought Madden 11, they charged me the full amount right then...

[quote name='sandman8288']When I bought Madden 11, they charged me the full amount right then...[/QUOTE]

You probably used Paypal, right? In that case it's paypal that does that charging and they charge immediately. Don't use paypal for pre-orders. Probably you should never use paypal for paying for anything. Just get your paypal balance deposited to your bank account.

bread's done
Back