* * * * * 9 votes

Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

#3031 salty tbone   Flipmode Squad CAGiversary!   3059 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

salty tbone

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:01 AM

Yep, that's exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for. I'd like to separately display one game at a time, sort of like a "now playing" feature.

I bought something like that years ago at Walmart. Can't remember if it was where the frames are or in the arts & craft section, but it is a simple wire frame stand that was intended for a picture or plate. I used it as a desk stand for my psp to watch movies. Which I never did.

I'm sure you could find something simple and cheap at Target or a craft store, too.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#3032 ZombieToast   He wears a disguise to look like human guys. CAGiversary!   3069 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

ZombieToast

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:05 AM

Yep, that's exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for. I'd like to separately display one game at a time, sort of like a "now playing" feature.

Are you looking for a particular style? As mentioned, you could use a small stand for a picture frame or plate. Or you could go all out and get something fancy like this:
Posted Image
http://www.stargatec...vd-marquee.html

Of course, something like this would be a bit more practical:
Posted Image
http://www.htmart.co...p?productid=725

Or you could just make something yourself:
http://www.avsforum....0#post_22391622
http://www.avsforum....0#post_22422944
http://www.avsforum....s#post_13344238

Additional resources:
http://www.avsforum....ts#post_1633347

#3033 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   21671 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:36 PM

Here's kind of a strange question. Does anyone know of a display stand I could use to prop up a single game (with a DVD or Blu-ray size case)?

You could use those plate holder... things. Not sure what they're called but here's what they look like...
https://www.google.c...chrome&ie=UTF-8

Currently playing: 

:ps4: Horizon Zero Dawn - :D 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3034 Br0keAssGamer   BrokeAssGamer CAGiversary!   1033 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Br0keAssGamer

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:50 AM

Man, I've been trolling around this forum for about 2 years now. I'm beginning to feel like I should post a picture or 2....

Make $$ on your iOS or Android device using FeaturePoints! 

Use the code G8KHP9 for 50 FREE POINTS when you start!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't care if it's another fucking Mario/Duck Hunt. It's the only thing I've found today so I'm buying it!"
My eBay Page http://myworld.ebay....jabberwocky2600

#3035 thepain73   Johnny B. Goode CAGiversary!   865 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:28 PM

Do iiiiiiiit. I am going to post photos of my new place soon. It's fun to hear what people halfway across the country think of your stuff.

#3036 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   21671 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

Do iiiiiiiit. I am going to post photos of my new place soon. It's fun to hear what people halfway across the country think of your stuff.

Yeah, it is fun. It's much better than hearing what people halfway across the country think of your mom. Those jerks...

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#3037 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   19679 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

Picture! Picture!

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#3038 dan13l858   R.I.P. Guru CAGiversary!   830 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:41 AM

For anyone who doesn't know what those are, they're the Dead Space Ultra Limited Editions (only 1000 made). New copies sell for about $1000-1200 each.

And I have to ask, how did you manage to get so many of them?

I've always wanted a copy of the Ultra edition. I'm truly jealous of this picture and I'm usually never jealous on these boards. Props to him

#3039 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   6838 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:20 AM

I remember being on the order page for the Dead Space UE and debating whether to buy it. I decided against it because it was a new IP and didnt think it'd do well. Needless to say, I regret it because not only did it do well, it was my 2nd favorite game of the year (Fallout 3 being #1).

I want a UE for my collection but I am waay to jewish to be spending that much on a single game.

538822.png

#3040 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

Bought two of these shelves for under $200 shipped (B1G1 50% off, 5% and free shipping from Red Card). Ordered on Sunday, got them today.

It replaced two cheap $30 shelves that were busted up. These are supposedly wood, and not particle board. Each shelf holds up to 75lbs, which is about how much each shelf of guides weigh.

Spoiler

Yeah I had a TV stand from that same collection. It is basically Particle Board, painted a glossed over. If it isn't exactly Particle Board, then it is the tiniest step above that, lol.

#3041 wiggyx   Dorkity-dork-dork CAGiversary!   1419 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

Pretty much any shelving that you buy at places like Wal-Mart, Target, Ikea, etc is gonna be chip board, particle board, MDF, or some other manufactured wood product :/

Making your own or paying out the ass is sort of the only way to get actual wood shelving these days (for the most part) :(

#3042 elessar123  

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:48 PM

Yeah I had a TV stand from that same collection. It is basically Particle Board, painted a glossed over. If it isn't exactly Particle Board, then it is the tiniest step above that, lol.

No, this one has least wood laminate / plywood. It's definitely not particle board. I know cause one shelf has a small chunk missing from shipping.

#3043 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12379 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

Pretty much any shelving that you buy at places like Wal-Mart, Target, Ikea, etc is gonna be chip board, particle board, MDF, or some other manufactured wood product :/

Making your own or paying out the ass is sort of the only way to get actual wood shelving these days (for the most part) :(

The Oskar ones aren't too bad. I add a couple of "T" brackets to make them more ridged and they hold up pretty well. They don't have much weight on them though and the shorter shelves prevent bowing.

I'm going to have to go with real wood/short shelves for my guides though.

#3044 aptanor   Yes CAGiversary!   2019 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

Hooray for shelves!
Posted Image
Just two chairs in the corner there now, but we're getting a new couch for the living room, and moving the old one in here.
Posted Image
Containers here have my loose snes/n64/genesis games, controllers, and a few NES games.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3045 thepain73   Johnny B. Goode CAGiversary!   865 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

Love the posters and Uncharted 3 special edition.

Looks very cool. Lots of good stuff.

#3046 R3DH3R0   13 Years and Counting CAGiversary!   2631 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:48 PM

Does anyone know where I can get cheap display stands for single DVDs/games? I have quite a few that are signed and I'd like to display them. I found this but they're $4 a piece http://www.designacr...stand-558-p.asp

#3047 OrangeArmy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   92 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

OrangeArmy

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

Very nice collection, aptanor. The lack of shovel ware and EA sports titles makes me happy.

#3048 aptanor   Yes CAGiversary!   2019 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

I can honestly say I've never had even the faintest desire to buy a sports game :V

Posted Image

#3049 ZombieToast   He wears a disguise to look like human guys. CAGiversary!   3069 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

ZombieToast

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

Does anyone know where I can get cheap display stands for single DVDs/games? I have quite a few that are signed and I'd like to display them. I found this but they're $4 a piece http://www.designacr...stand-558-p.asp

That's one of the cheaper things you'll be able to find. You can look out for wood or wire plate stands, but they cost almost as much and they're usually kinda ugly. But if you don't mind using them, you can find them at your local Walmart/Target and maybe even at a dollar store.

#3050 KtMack23   Retired from CAGing CAGiversary!   2482 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:16 PM

I can honestly say I've never had even the faintest desire to buy a sports game :V

Feel lucky. I went years without them, and now my buddies have goten me hooked on the 2K series.

#3051 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   21671 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:04 AM

Hooray for shelves!

Great stuff... I really like the BIG CANDLE!:lol:

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#3052 Obiwan456   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   552 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Obiwan456

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:38 AM

There was a lot of great stuff in those pics, sptanor, but the one that stood out to me, like really stood out, was the DW poster. That is freaking awesome.

#3053 aptanor   Yes CAGiversary!   2019 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

Candle? I'm confus..

Posted Image

#3054 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   21671 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

Candle? I'm confus..

This is what happens when you have multiple tabs open and swap your responses. My friend is wondering why I asked him "Where he got that bag with the Sly logo?"... :-/

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#3055 aptanor   Yes CAGiversary!   2019 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

Lopl. I actually found it at goodwill like a week ago. It's part of the Infamous 2 Hero Edition, though.

Posted Image

#3056 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   19679 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:43 PM

Hooray for shelves!

^

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#3057 ZombieToast   He wears a disguise to look like human guys. CAGiversary!   3069 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

ZombieToast

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:24 PM

Now I want to see this candle...

#3058 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   19679 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:34 PM

Now I want to see this candle...

I'll candle you... *shakes fist*

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#3059 slainviper  

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:29 AM

Here's most of my game collection, housed in one of those clearanced cabinets from Best Buy.
Spoiler

And some more of my games, along with my entire comic book collection. Some games not shown, mainly a bunch of cart only GBA games.
Spoiler

I bought a bunch of cheap common and/or less than great PS2 games at a local pawn shop early this week since they were complete and I'm wondering if I should even keep them. Ex. Casper, Ford Racing, etc.

Art books. Would really like to get more soon.
Spoiler

Outdated pictures of my manga, missing a lot of stuff. All of it's in boxes now since I have no room for it.
Spoiler

And lastly, bladed things and statue things.
Spoiler

#3060 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   21671 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

Very nice collection. Your .hack 4 looks lonely though... especially with the GU series staring it down.

On a related note, I thought CAG had an automatic picture re-sizing feature...? It's hard to see most of those pictures.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png