* * * * * 9 votes

Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

#3631 slowdive21   CAG/Archivist of Pop Culture CAGiversary!   11219 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

Hmm, I think I have a 12 pack of those mtn dew cans. Most of them are empty though. I think I kept a couple full and kept the box too. I thought there might be a demand for them when I saw them released, but I only bought a 12er because I was worried it was my inner hoarder coming out. ;)

Nice stuff everyone! I want a close up of those sega discs!

#3632 ZombieToast   He wears a disguise to look like human guys. CAGiversary!   3061 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

ZombieToast

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

Saving Mountain Dew cans...? Does not compute...

#3633 slowdive21   CAG/Archivist of Pop Culture CAGiversary!   11219 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

Saving Mountain Dew cans...? Does not compute...

DRClaw had one in his pics. There have always been can collectors, so I figured they were worth saving. I also never drink out of pop cans, so they have been carefully opened and rinsed several times and allowed to dry before they were stored.

I think the official way to do it is to punch a hole in the bottom of the can and let everything drain out, but that may have changed over the years.

#3634 ZombieToast   He wears a disguise to look like human guys. CAGiversary!   3061 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

ZombieToast

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:59 AM

It just seems odd to me. But I also think it's odd that people drink Mountain Dew, so I guess the world is just full of things I'll never understand.

#3635 wiggyx   Dorkity-dork-dork CAGiversary!   1414 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

I hate the stickers too. I do remove the ones from the front and back, but the ones on the spines...my GS store have a nasty habbit of putting the stickers on the actual cover art and whenever I try to remove them I end up ripping the insert.

As for dust....no idea. I don't do anything special, just dust about once ever 1-2 weeks

I have a how-to in my blog for just that sort of thing. May want to give it a try before giving up on it.

I have a Portal gun permit, I swear! As for the inserts I need, I'll make a list and PM you. I'd pay if your are able to do them.

OK, I'll take your word for it. But don't go getting a 4th or anything. I'll send wiggy special forces to confiscate...

Just lemme know. I'm more than happy to trade game goodies for work, just as an FYI ;)

It just seems odd to me. But I also think it's odd that people drink Mountain Dew, so I guess the world is just full of things I'll never understand.

This.

I think that makes us "old" though.

#3636 wiggyx   Dorkity-dork-dork CAGiversary!   1414 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Square, here's for you ;)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3637 Olengie   Yukari & Rise are Best Girls. CAGiversary!   5131 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Wiggy's How-To
http://rosecoloredga...ers-from-carts/

#3638 slainviper  

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Wiggy's How-To
http://rosecoloredga...ers-from-carts/

I noticed that the Youtube links in that post don't work.

#3639 ZombieToast   He wears a disguise to look like human guys. CAGiversary!   3061 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

ZombieToast

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

The links each have a closing bracket at the end that needs to be removed. Upon doing so, the links work just fine.

This.

I think that makes us "old" though.

Ha ha, maybe. It just makes me think of people who save empty alcohol bottles as if they are trophies of some kind. I could understand if they were really cool bottles, but they usually seem to be pretty generic.

#3640 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   15069 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

That's better, wiggy. ^__^

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#3641 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   20091 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

Square, here's for you ;)

Thank god you made it simple and classy... instead of obnoxious and overshadowing.

Currently playing: 

:ps4: Rocket League - :D

:ps4: Last of Us Remastered - :applause:

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3642 wiggyx   Dorkity-dork-dork CAGiversary!   1414 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

That post got all jumbled. I tried to fix it from my phone today (cause its all I've got on me). I'll clean it up when I get home. No idea what happened there, but I'll get it 100% sorted out ASAP.

It was originally formatted in BBcode (hence the brackets), but the post sorta disappeared and I had to paste it from elsewhere, and I obviously missed those brackets.

#3643 slowdive21   CAG/Archivist of Pop Culture CAGiversary!   11219 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

OK, I am a little slow. What is the mobile site for CAG? Is there a rule of thumb for finding mobile sites of websites?

#3644 KtMack23   Retired from CAGing CAGiversary!   2482 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

OK, I am a little slow. What is the mobile site for CAG? Is there a rule of thumb for finding mobile sites of websites?

normally typing "m." in front of the website name takes you to the mobile site. so "m.cheapassgamer.com"

Man you people are cheap.

#3645 elessar123   "AT LAST, SIR TERRY, WE MUST WALK TOGETHER." CAGiversary!   10900 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

I just remember styleid=18.

So it should be something like http://www.cheapassg....php?styleid=18

elessar123.png

#3646 ZeroFlame15   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   790 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

ZeroFlame15

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

DRClaw had one in his pics. There have always been can collectors, so I figured they were worth saving. I also never drink out of pop cans, so they have been carefully opened and rinsed several times and allowed to dry before they were stored.

I think the official way to do it is to punch a hole in the bottom of the can and let everything drain out, but that may have changed over the years.

The only cans I have collected is the MDew GameFuel Cans and Bottles. I have all of the retail cans except for the second flavor that came with the MW3 Promotion last year and have the Halo 3 and Halo 4 20oz Bottles.

#3647 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   1674 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

I dug these out of an old bin yesterday. Does anyone think any of these have value to it. The only 1 that's sealed is Dragon Warrior VII.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also not pictured is Vagrant Story because I forgot to include it in the photo.

#3648 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   1674 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

Not much to brag about but here goes....

Posted Image

Mostly games that are horizontal are opened or were purchased from Gamefly and the ones that are vertical are still sealed.

#3649 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   20091 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

That sealed Dragon Warrior VII is worth a decent amount (I think $100 or so) if there's no visible damage to the case or shrinkwrap, or loose discs inside. But the game's being remade so it's value will fall. But you've got stuff in the second picture that's worth more, like Skyward Sword Bundle, MGS HD LE, and Lords of Shadow LE (if it's on PS3).

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#3650 Indigo_Streetlight   East Coast Scum CAGiversary!   3504 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Indigo_Streetlight

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

I dug these out of an old bin yesterday. Does anyone think any of these have value to it. The only 1 that's sealed is Dragon Warrior VII.

Posted Image

Also not pictured is Vagrant Story because I forgot to include it in the photo.

You probably have a +/- $200 value lot there, depending on condition and whether the DW7 is a legit seal. Less if you sell individually and get hit with fees, more if you auction as a lot and run into a lunatic bulk buyer.
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#3651 wiggyx   Dorkity-dork-dork CAGiversary!   1414 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

So 80% of your collection is sealed? :/

#3652 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   1674 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

To the above poster, the only game sealed in the 1st pic is Dragon Warrior VII. In the 2nd pic most of the vertical games are sealed except Skyward Sword and Tales of Symphonia. The opened games are put horizontally because I've started some but never finished or I opened them thinking I was bout to start them then decided to play something else or were Gamefly purchases.

#3653 jedeyeben   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   73 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

jedeyeben

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Not much to brag about but here goes....

Posted Image

Mostly games that are horizontal are opened or were purchased from Gamefly and the ones that are vertical are still sealed.

Good mix of games and J's! I like it.

#3654 slowdive21   CAG/Archivist of Pop Culture CAGiversary!   11219 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

Started moving my PS2 and PS1 collections to my new place. Some not pictured. A lot was traded to AZ when they had the crazy TIV.

Posted Image

#3655 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   20091 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:06 AM

All I now know is that you have a lot of Energizer boxes...

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#3656 kermit036   ready P1 CAGiversary!   256 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:26 AM

Alright. I wanted to archive what I had in my collection up to this point. I took a picture of everything I have. From here on out *for my personal records* I will be keeping tabs of what I get in any given month to see how it grows or shrinks. Thought I would post my work for you guys to check out, since when I posted my room a few pages back some people said they preferred to see individual titles in collections instead of a brief overview. I wanted to post everything in one go but apparently Flickr won't let me have access to more than 200 photos. :roll: SO I will post just my Nintendo, Sega, and Sony stuff. If people like it I will post the rest later.

Nintendo:
Spoiler

Sega:
Spoiler

Sony:
Spoiler

So those are my collections for the big three. I will probably post pictures for my other consoles some time later. I hope you guys enjoy.

#3657 Olengie   Yukari & Rise are Best Girls. CAGiversary!   5131 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

Alright. I wanted to archive what I had in my collection up to this point. I took a picture of everything I have. From here on out *for my personal records* I will be keeping tabs of what I get in any given month to see how it grows or shrinks. Thought I would post my work for you guys to check out, since when I posted my room a few pages back some people said they preferred to see individual titles in collections instead of a brief overview. I wanted to post everything in one go but apparently Flickr won't let me have access to more than 200 photos. :roll: SO I will post just my Nintendo, Sega, and Sony stuff. If people like it I will post the rest later.

Nintendo:

Spoiler

Sega:
Spoiler

Sony:
Spoiler

So those are my collections for the big three. I will probably post pictures for my other consoles some time later. I hope you guys enjoy.

I don't know about you, but I'm loving it a lot. :lol:

#3658 wiggyx   Dorkity-dork-dork CAGiversary!   1414 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

That's a solid collection!

#3659 salty tbone   Flipmode Squad CAGiversary!   2918 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

salty tbone

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:38 AM

I clicked all the spoilers. Very nice. I particularly envy the Saturn and PS collections. So many titles I wish I would have picked up back then. And any collection that has Sewer Shark gets an automatic A from me.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#3660 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   20091 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Thought I would post my work for you guys to check out, since when I posted my room a few pages back some people said they preferred to see individual titles in collections instead of a brief overview.

We just wanted close ups to be able to see the spine... no need to take pics of the fronts. :lol:

Anyway, fantastic collection. It was a fun journey going through all of those spoilers.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png