* * * * * 9 votes

Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

#4531 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   20106 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:53 PM

Yeah, but you need more space like ever 3 minutes... so by now, that spot is already packed and you need a new shelf.:lol:

Currently playing: 

:ps4: Rocket League - :D

:ps4: Last of Us Remastered - :applause:

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#4532 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   15102 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Yeah, but you need more space like ever 3 minutes... so by now, that spot is already packed and you need a new shelf.:lol:

I ran out of space between this post and the last. :*(

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#4533 wiggyx   Dorkity-dork-dork CAGiversary!   1414 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

Transparent disco floor storage. Next big thing, I'm tellin' ya.

#4534 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   15102 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

I think it's time wiggy. :bouncy:

#4535 dodgeme   Shadow the Hedgehog CAGiversary!   2736 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

Gotta say that'd be pretty epic.
Posted Image

#4536 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   1963 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

kayne2000

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

i admit im intrigued so hop to it wiggy

#4537 wiggyx   Dorkity-dork-dork CAGiversary!   1414 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:48 AM

Well, it's no disco storage, but it'll get me by until I fill it back up again.

DVDs are off the shelves and will HOPEFULLY find a new home soon.

Posted Image

That makes room for the ol' game collection which has been growing sorta out of control lately. This leave me with a fair amount of room. Still have about 30 SNES games to case, about 30 NES, 15 Genesis, a handful of N64, and now I've got GameGear games to sort out too thanks to a trade. They're gonna fill up quickly...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4538 Mirpkered   Dyslexic GAC CAGiversary!   1149 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:55 AM

Ok wiggy. Another question. I also have a bunch of game gear games. What are you using to case them?

#4539 wiggyx   Dorkity-dork-dork CAGiversary!   1414 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:13 AM

Nothing yet, but I suspect I'll end up shoving 'em into DS cases like all my other portable games ;)

#4540 Mirpkered   Dyslexic GAC CAGiversary!   1149 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

That's what everything I looked at suggested too. I guess I'll look at getting a mess of them. There was a pretty good tutorial about modding those DS cases to fit virtual boy and game gear games. Both of which I could use.

#4541 Captain_Insano16   Has a ton of stuff FS/FT! CAGiversary!   2739 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Captain_Insano16

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:45 AM

Wow,great collections. Wish i had room to properly store/organize my collection like that. Most of mine is in the closet, or in under bed storage tubs.

Crap, I didn't know EVO had gotten so valuable. I picked up a cart only copy at a yard sale last summer, and haven't even tried it yet. Maybe i'll have to trade it off.
Checkout my FS/FT/Wants list! :bouncy:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interested in all types of old school games - NES, SEGA, ATARI, TG-16, NEOGEO, ETC
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also want Transformers or Gobots

#4542 wiggyx   Dorkity-dork-dork CAGiversary!   1414 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:50 AM

I'm a big fan of trades ;)

#4543 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8615 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:59 AM

I'm a big fan of trades ;)

Translation: I have a certain job skill that lets me whore myself out with it, in return I get games as payment.

Did I make good sense of that?

I've got games!

#4544 wiggyx   Dorkity-dork-dork CAGiversary!   1414 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:51 AM

Um, not really.

I just like trading for stuff. I really don't do much in the way of trading for my services. I find that games and game-related stuff don't really help pay bills :P

#4545 diishen   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   393 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

man you guys have great collections...does anyone know who are some of the best makers for statues/toys, aside from Sideshow Collectibles?
Posted Image

#4546 encendido5   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3596 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

I can't believe those SNES prices... Holy crap.

Anyway, how often do you guys clean the dust and how? (Can of air, feather duster, microfiber towel, etc.) It's a pain to have to take the games down to wipe them down every time. Not to mention the Lego models I have.

fs_overall.png

#4547 Mirpkered   Dyslexic GAC CAGiversary!   1149 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

Anyway, how often do you guys clean the dust and how? (Can of air, feather duster, microfiber towel, etc.) It's a pain to have to take the games down to wipe them down every time. Not to mention the Lego models I have.

Before I put all mine in totes, the best thing that I did was buying a humidifier and a couple damp-x things. Also I ran an air purifier and I hardly had to worry about dust at all.

#4548 encendido5   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3596 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

Before I put all mine in totes, the best thing that I did was buying a humidifier and a couple damp-x things. Also I ran an air purifier and I hardly had to worry about dust at all.

Wow, you know what's funny is I suffer from allergies too and I never even thought of running an air purifier. Any recommendations? I'm going to start doing research on that now haha.

fs_overall.png

#4549 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   20106 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

What kind of air purifier? We had one of those... ion charge things but that didn't seem to help with the dust.

Currently playing: 

:ps4: Rocket League - :D

:ps4: Last of Us Remastered - :applause:

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#4550 Mirpkered   Dyslexic GAC CAGiversary!   1149 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

I used to work at RadioShack so I got the LifeWise brand since I got a huge discount on items that were part of the RadioShack brand. Then when they went on clearance I bought another. They worked great.

#4551 wiggyx   Dorkity-dork-dork CAGiversary!   1414 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

Old T-shirt dampened with some soapy water. I just wipe across an entire row at once. My shelves are really tight (from top of shelve to bottom), so stuff doesn't get dusty very often. Less room for it to sneak in ;)

#4552 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

my room has a REDICULOUS dust problem. I literally have to clean everything several times a day:cry: if anyone has a good cheap option, it would really help

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#4553 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   15102 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

my room has a REDICULOUS dust problem. I literally have to clean everything several times a day:cry: if anyone has a good cheap option, it would really help

As long as you have lots of electronics in your room unfortunately dust will continue to build up fast. I clean every week because there's just so much dust build-up unfortunately. =\

#4554 blindinglights   ... CAGiversary!   4570 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

blindinglights

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

Do you live in an apartment or a house? If you live in a house, make sure you're changing out the central air filters on a regular basis. They're cheap and they help keep the dust in the house under control. You can also buy nice reusable ones that you can just spray off with a hose outside when they need cleaning.

If you live in an apartment, especially an older one, it might not be that easy. My old apartment complex had been around for a long time and I once looked into the air ducts with a light and there were huge mounds of dust. It was awful. It looked like I was obviously the only person who ever lived there and knew about using air filters since there wasn't one when I moved in.

I couldn't afford to have a company come in and clean the ducts because it was pretty expensive, so I just had to do the best I could with a shop vac and a bunch of vacuum hose extensions hooked together. I think I filled it about four times by the time I was finished. Still had dust because I couldn't get it all, but I think it helped some.

At my current house, I dust every two weeks and it really doesn't build up that bad, I could probably push it to every three weeks if I wanted to. I change the air filters every other month, use Swiffers on electronics, and I get everything else with the the hose + brush attachment on the vacuum. The vacuum cleaner makes a huge difference because it's not just pushing the dust around. The only reason I use the Swiffers on electronics is because I don't want to create any static and ruin them.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#4555 wiggyx   Dorkity-dork-dork CAGiversary!   1414 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

Depends where in the world/country you live too, filter swap or no.

I dust MAYBE once a month in the winter, and about every 2-3 weeks in the (way too short) warm season.

Though I prolly should dust more often with my terrible allergies...

#4556 dodgeme   Shadow the Hedgehog CAGiversary!   2736 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:31 AM

Well Wiggy, seeing all of your custom covers for so long has inspired me and I've decided to try my hand at making some for my Genesis games. Gonna pick up some UGC's down the road but I felt like messing around with photoshop tonight and tried my hand at this.

As epic as the original Musha art is, I just won a copy of the game cart only last night and figured that would be a good starting point. The one thing that always bugged me was the lack of uniformity in the Genesis covers with so many variants. I always was quite fond of the original black gridline design and decided to try and make a Musha cover on that.

It is not finished at the moment still gotta do the back but figured I'd give a quick look and see if anyone likes what I came up with so far.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4557 Olengie   Yukari & Rise are Best Girls. CAGiversary!   5161 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:30 AM

I do! :D

#4558 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8615 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:34 AM

Looks good to me!

#4559 Desousa93   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   627 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

Sorry for the pic quality it's from a (at least) 4y.o. cell phone
Posted Image

#4560 GameNChick   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   48 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

GameNChick

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image