* * * * * 9 votes

Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

#4801 igotnodough   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   689 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

igotnodough

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:16 AM

do you guys print covers with your own printers?

#4802 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   16996 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:30 AM

Yeast.

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#4803 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2122 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

kayne2000

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:45 AM

Yeah, I'd usually be all up in those kinds of threads. ;D

so you got nothing from that sale? i find this hard to believe

no we are a pack of game/anime hoarding buyers that steal covers.

#4804 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   16996 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:50 AM

so you got nothing from that sale? i find this hard to believe

I looked over everything for the most part, and there wasn't one that I didn't already own in a non-SAVE version, or if I already own the SAVE version of it, so yeah, pretty much walked out of that with nothing which I guess isn't the worst thing in the world. XD

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#4805 Blade   Xenaphobic, Warrior Princess CAGiversary!   12095 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:03 AM

pictures

Your anime collection is incredible, but I have more manga than youuu~ :B

#4806 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   16996 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:05 AM

Pictures!

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#4807 Blade   Xenaphobic, Warrior Princess CAGiversary!   12095 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:09 AM

Pictures!

My problem is finding a nice place to put it all. I've got real musical instruments taking up most of my tiny living space. I can take a picture of my manga, but it's all crammed into a bookcase 3 rows deep and will have to be stacked up on the floor.

#4808 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   16996 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:16 AM

My problem is finding a nice place to put it all. I've got real musical instruments taking up most of my tiny living space. I can take a picture of my manga, but it's all crammed into a bookcase 3 rows deep and will have to be stacked up on the floor.

Curse you and your spine hiding shelves!

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#4809 wasabi5858   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1502 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:26 AM

if I have large space, I would have someone custom build me a shelving solution like those use in manga store (some library also use them i think?), 2 layers deep with rollers

stole this image from web.

Spoiler

#4810 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2122 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

kayne2000

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:26 AM

I looked over everything for the most part, and there wasn't one that I didn't already own in a non-SAVE version, or if I already own the SAVE version of it, so yeah, pretty much walked out of that with nothing which I guess isn't the worst thing in the world. XD

isnt that blasphemy for you?

but readings for losers dont you know that? although my manga collection is tiny but random. all of hellsing(no idea why), the first naruto, sandland, a few ghost in the shell novels and probably a couple of other random things. although i do have the first 40 books of garfield lol

#4811 wasabi5858   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1502 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:28 AM

to me, reading manga is a lot more enjoyable than watching anime.

#4812 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2122 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

kayne2000

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:30 AM

to me, reading manga is a lot more enjoyable than watching anime.

i just never got into. i blame school. after book report number 46456457567 the last thing i wanted to do was read a book....any book. ive gotten better about that now but still reading a book really takes some effort for me not cause i cant read just school killed any fun i had with it.

EDIT: although i recently found out i have stigmatism in my left eye. how eye doctos just discovered this i have no idea as ever since ive had a license ive had to get a note from the eye doctor cause i fail eye tests. this has apparently been a cause of headaches when it comes to long periods of reading so thats part of it too mixed with what i wrote above and eh.

#4813 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   16996 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:47 AM

isnt that blasphemy for you?

It certainly is, but as long as I atone for it later with lots of anime purchases, it's fine. ;D

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#4814 wasabi5858   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1502 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:56 AM

I think this weekend I will finally take some pics of my collection, or most of it.

#4815 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   16996 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:09 AM

Can't wait. ^__^

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#4816 Edwin29   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2340 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:13 AM

I think this weekend I will finally take some pics of my collection, or most of it.

I'm waiting for this 8-)
Posted Image

#4817 Blade   Xenaphobic, Warrior Princess CAGiversary!   12095 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:17 AM

but readings for losers dont you know that? although my manga collection is tiny but random. all of hellsing(no idea why), the first naruto, sandland, a few ghost in the shell novels and probably a couple of other random things. although i do have the first 40 books of garfield lol

Lol, sadly a lot of manga that I enjoy never gets made into anime. Greats like Dragon Head, Parasyte, Ikigami, and Maoh! aren't getting anime versions, as far as I know. Of course, this might change in the future. In general, I prefer manga, but two of my favorite series (One Piece and Cowboy Bebop) are better in anime format. One Piece anime slows down to 1 episode per chapter at Fishman Island Arc though...

#4818 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2122 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

kayne2000

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:38 AM

It certainly is, but as long as I atone for it later with lots of anime purchases, it's fine. ;D

youll have to pull double duty

Lol, sadly a lot of manga that I enjoy never gets made into anime. Greats like Dragon Head, Parasyte, Ikigami, and Maoh! aren't getting anime versions, as far as I know. Of course, this might change in the future. In general, I prefer manga, but two of my favorite series (One Piece and Cowboy Bebop) are better in anime format. One Piece anime slows down to 1 episode per chapter at Fishman Island Arc though...

well one thing that bugs me about anime is the constant no finishes.

i just watched corpse princess which was shockingly good. better than i expected but this is probably an extreme example....there is absolutely no ending at all it literally ends in the middle of fight lol and the next episode is a backstory to two characters that died 15 episodes earlier and the end. another one i watched a couple of months ago that im not sure why i love it so much Nana also has no ending. Nana is actually one that is better in anime form and the anime matches the manga 95% of the way shockingly enough.

and countless other animes have cheesed forced endings. it seems either anime gets a proper ending or they just dont even bother trying. i realize its cause the manga doesnt finish in time but still rather annoying i wish theyd go back and finish these animes. so at least mangas get endings.

having read so much garfield one thing that does bug me(when i do actually read lol) is garfield like 90% of all other books they completely bastardize when it hits TV.

#4819 GogetaSS4   Super Saiyan 4 CAGiversary!   1380 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:17 AM

Why do I keep buying so much anime and have not the money to pay for it? Curse you credit card companies for approving me....

GogetaSS4sig-v2.gifApostleOfGod.png

#4820 wiggyx   Dorkity-dork-dork CAGiversary!   1416 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

Yup.

I use a Canon ip4300. Can be had for relatively cheap at this point and does a great job when paired with good papers.

#4821 Neuropod   Such a lust for revenge! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO?! CAGiversary!   2287 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

In general, I prefer manga, but two of my favorite series (One Piece and Cowboy Bebop) are better in anime format. One Piece anime slows down to 1 episode per chapter at Fishman Island Arc though...

Kind of surprised to hear you say this. Most One Piece fans would agree unanimously that the manga is better. Personally I think the anime is flawed but still extremely enjoyable, as long as you have a fast-forward button and a tolerance for occasionally cringe-worthy animation. But it can't compare to the manga which is a true masterpiece. But hey, opinions. At least we can agree on Battlefront.
76561197996844513.png

#4822 FlyingAce39   Flyin' High Again CAGiversary!   566 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

FlyingAce39

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

OK guys, not a whole lot has changed as far as arrangement goes, but I found a place for my boxes for some of my consoles. Also added a new console (OG Xbox) and picked up a few games since my last update.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

660090.png 660091.png

#4823 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   37983 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

Garfield is awesome.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#4824 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2122 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

kayne2000

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

Garfield is awesome.

Garfield is amazing.

#4825 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   16996 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

Garfield is amazing.

Yeah, Garfield is awesome!

Posted Image

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#4826 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

Posted Image[/URL]

Probably shouldn't leave them all on at the same time;)

Glad I'm not the only one with a moderate collection, though it does seem a little dumb to have a gamecube with no games:lol:

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#4827 Blade   Xenaphobic, Warrior Princess CAGiversary!   12095 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

Kind of surprised to hear you say this. Most One Piece fans would agree unanimously that the manga is better. Personally I think the anime is flawed but still extremely enjoyable, as long as you have a fast-forward button and a tolerance for occasionally cringe-worthy animation. But it can't compare to the manga which is a true masterpiece. But hey, opinions. At least we can agree on Battlefront.

I think the voices (original Japanese, of course) and music contribute a lot to the atmosphere of One Piece, which can only be imagined while reading the manga. And the animation quality gets much better somewhere around Thriller Bark. IMO, the series does well in keeping the epic parts epic, and the filler is actually in theme with the show, not like that "let me use the same technique without any character growth for 80 filler episodes" crap Naruto pulls. The movies are all pretty good, too:
Spoiler

Because Squarehard asked, here's my manga. Used my phone to take the pictures. I removed some so you can see that they are stacked (read: crammed) into that cheap bookshelf, all lined on the outside and shoved into the top crevices... (~220-230 volumes total, and I just bought all of Love Hina in a lowball lol)

Spoiler

Includes:

Spoiler

Then I have some 60 issues of Shonen Jump USA stored in a box in my closet.

Edited by Blade, 03 May 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#4828 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2122 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

kayne2000

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:24 PM

Yeah, Garfield is awesome!

Posted Image

indeed. i wish the TV cartoon would of followed the humor of the comics a lot more.

one of these days ill get the ones im missing which is any of the ones from 2005 on wards.

#4829 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   16996 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

Because Squarehard asked, here's my manga. Used my phone to take the pictures. I removed some so you can see that they are stacked (read: crammed) into that cheap bookshelf, all lined on the outside and shoved into the top crevices... (~220-230 volumes total, and I just bought all of Love Hina in a lowball lol)

Mmmmm...manga...

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#4830 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

You need to check out School Rumble, Blade. Only Manga I own (because I loved the anime), but I think it's pretty good, and is really funny:lol:

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?