* * * * * 9 votes

Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

#6481 ohscaryone   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   204 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

ohscaryone

Posted 30 May 2016 - 01:39 AM

Finally got my ikea shelves full. I either need to stop or get more shelves.

20160529_183551.jpg

#6482 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20751 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2016 - 03:35 AM

I either need to stop or get more shelves.

I think we both know it's going to be the latter.

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#6483 SoCalDirtyBird  

SoCalDirtyBird

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:13 AM

Finally got my ikea shelves full. I either need to stop or get more shelves.

attachicon.gif20160529_183551.jpg

it is easier just to get more shelves

#6484 Callidus   VG Collectaholic CAGiversary!   2031 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:02 AM

Figured it was time to post an update to my collection (apologies for some of the waviness of my panoramas):

Four-wall panorama of my game library room:

Spoiler

From top to bottom:

Shelves 1-2: complete US 3DO set

Shelves 3-4: complete factory-sealed Jaguar & Jaguar CD set (w/ all cover variants), several CIB Atari 2600, 5200, & 7800 games

Shelf 5: PS1 standard jewel case-size games

Shelf 6 (spilling on to 7): complete US Vita set, all Asian exclusives w/ English, & several Euro exclusives

Shelf 7: nearly complete PS1 longbox set (w/ all cover and case type variants)

Spoiler

Shelf 1: PS1 longboxes from above

Shelf 2 (and first half of 3): PS2 

Shelves 4-6 (and second half of 3): PS3

Spoiler

Sega Genesis, a few Master System (top left), and complete 32X cart & CD set (bottom)

Spoiler

Complete US Sega CD set (w/ all cover variants, still working on all Working Designs disk art variants):

Spoiler

Left shelves: PSP games and various Jag & 3DO hardware/accessories

Right shelves: Turbo Grafx 16/CD & Sega Saturn

Spoiler

Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One (and several cart-only NES games randomly on the bottom - just sort of hanging out because I only count CIB stuff as part of my collection, because I'm Collector-OCD):

Spoiler

Shelf 1: over-sized Nintendo stuff (Earthbound, Aladdin stuff, etc)

Shelves 2-3: over-sized Wii U and 3DS bundles

Shelves 4-7: Wii U (working on a complete US set)

Shelf 8: Dreamcast

Shelf 9: the rest of the cart-only NES stuff and cart-only Atari 2600

Spoiler

Shelves 1-4: about 1/3 of the US NES set

Spoiler

Shelves 1-2: SNES

Shelf 3: N64

Shelf 4: Game Boy, Game Boy Color, GameBoy Advance, & complete Virtual Boy set

Shelves 5-6: Nintendo DS & 3DS

Shelf 7: GameCube & Wii

Spoiler

The entrance to my Collector's / Limited Editions closet (the closet is too packed to take a picture of at the moment.  I'll update that later.

Spoiler

PS4 (and Everdrive flash carts - NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, TurboGrafx, GameBoy, GameGear)

Spoiler

The custom game console entertainment center that I'm building should be completed in the next week or so.  I'll post a pic of that once it's ready.  It will house up to 30 consoles, with a hidden rear chamber for cable management, be fully LED lit, and climate controlled to protect against overheating systems.   Should be pretty slick.

CallidusLepor.png

Currently Playing:    :ps4: Dungeons II,   :switch: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Game Collection  |  Game Room Pics

* CIB Sets: 32X, Jaguar, Jag CD, Sega CD (working on variants), Vectrex, Virtual Boy, Vita, Wii U (working on variants)

* CIB Sets In-Progress: 3DO, N64, PS1 longboxes, Vita (international exclusives), Xbox (OG)

WANTED: DinoPark Tycoon (3DO, CIB w/ Longbox) - if anyone has for sale/trade, please PM me!

#6485 ohscaryone   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   204 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

ohscaryone

Posted 03 June 2016 - 12:13 PM

Figured it was time to post an update to my collection (apologies for some of the waviness of my panoramas):

Spoiler

From top to bottom:

Shelves 3-4: complete factory-sealed Jaguar & Jaguar CD set (w/ all cover variants), several CIB Atari 2600, 5200, & 7800 games

Shelf 6 (spilling on to 7): complete US Vita set, all Asian exclusives w/ English, & several Euro exclusives

Spoiler

Spoiler

Sega Genesis, a few Master System (top left), and complete 32X cart & CD set (bottom)

Spoiler

Complete US Sega CD set (w/ all cover variants, still working on all Working Designs disk art variants):

Spoiler

Spoiler

Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One (and several cart-only NES games randomly on the bottom - just sort of hanging out because I only count CIB stuff as part of my collection, because I'm Collector-OCD):

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

The entrance to my Collector's / Limited Editions closet (the closet is too packed to take a picture of at the moment.  I'll update that later.

Spoiler

PS4 (and Everdrive flash carts - NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, TurboGrafx, GameBoy, GameGear)

Spoiler

The custom game console entertainment center that I'm building should be completed in the next week or so.  I'll post a pic of that once it's ready.  It will house up to 30 consoles, with a hidden rear chamber for cable management, be fully LED lit, and climate controlled to protect against overheating systems.   Should be pretty slick.

WOW that is impressive. Cant wait to see the console center when its done.

#6486 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22327 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:48 PM

Holy shit, what a collection.:applause: 

Currently playing: 

:3ds: Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology - :)

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#6487 salty tbone   Flipmode Squad CAGiversary!   3059 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

salty tbone

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:44 PM

Very impressive. People who track down complete collections amaze me. The stack of collector's editons does make wince for the games at the bottom, however.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#6488 Callidus   VG Collectaholic CAGiversary!   2031 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2016 - 02:46 PM

Haha thanks guys.  It's been a lot of fun going back and trying to piece together complete CIB sets over the years.  Some stuff I've had since it was purchased new back in the day, but there were definitely a lot of gaps to go fill in.

Salty - yeah the CE stack isn't a permanent solution (and the ones on the bottom are all sturdy boxes that won't end up with any crush damage).  All of the CEs/LEs in the closet are shelved, just need to make some more room for these and have a decent display solution.

I'm tentatively planning on spending all day next Saturday finishing up my console cabinet, so hopefully I'll have some pics Sunday or so.

CallidusLepor.png

* CIB Sets: 32X, Jaguar, Jag CD, Sega CD (working on variants), Vectrex, Virtual Boy, Vita, Wii U (working on variants)

* CIB Sets In-Progress: 3DO, N64, PS1 longboxes, Vita (international exclusives), Xbox (OG)

WANTED: DinoPark Tycoon (3DO, CIB w/ Longbox) - if anyone has for sale/trade, please PM me!

#6489 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10656 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:15 PM

I wish they kept doing the Bleach Heat the Soul series. 

#6490 anime5ever   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   210 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

anime5ever

Posted 07 June 2016 - 11:49 PM

my vita collection

27254332750_6c9426d13d_c.jpg

#6491 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22327 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 04:41 PM

Well... it's official. Loan cleared (conditionally, but apparently it means 99% officially) and it looks like I've got a massive move to plan for next month...:-/ 

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#6492 Callidus   VG Collectaholic CAGiversary!   2031 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:53 PM

Congrats Vinny.  Looking forward to seeing pics of the setup once you're all settled in.

CallidusLepor.png

#6493 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15515 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:58 PM

Spoiler

From top to bottom:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Looks like the same shelving i used in my game closet =]

#6494 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22327 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2016 - 04:18 PM

Congrats Vinny.  Looking forward to seeing pics of the setup once you're all settled in.

Thanks. Not gonna be as nice anymore b/c everything will need to be spread out (likely between two rooms)... but it beats having to cram everything in a 12x10 room that I've had my stuff in for the last 10 years, not to mention I've run of space. 

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#6495 def PD   jack of all trades, master of none CAGiversary!   461 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:30 PM

Hey, how do you search for a specific users post here (to find their collection)?  i.e. I'm trying to find my specific post here hahaha~

TIA!

"Success always comes when preparation meets opportunity."
- Henry Hartman

My Games
http://club.ign.com/...ef_PD&mode=vown

#6496 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   13975 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:34 AM

Hey, how do you search for a specific users post here (to find their collection)? i.e. I'm trying to find my specific post here hahaha~

TIA!

You probably don't/can't. The search function on CAG really sucks. :/

#6497 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20751 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:10 PM

Thanks. Not gonna be as nice anymore b/c everything will need to be spread out (likely between two rooms)... but it beats having to cram everything in a 12x10 room that I've had my stuff in for the last 10 years, not to mention I've run of space. 

Hey, that's how I'm set up, so don't fret. ;D

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#6498 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22327 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 10:38 PM

Hey, that's how I'm set up, so don't fret. ;D

Wait, which part? The part about everything in one small room or the part about stuff spread out in multiple rooms? 

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#6499 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20751 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2016 - 10:43 PM

Wait, which part? The part about everything in one small room or the part about stuff spread out in multiple rooms? 

Multiple rooms.

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#6500 Mirpkered   Dyslexic GAC CAGiversary!   1363 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:57 PM

Well moving day is upon me and my collection is packed up. Huge thanks to those that recommended the elfa shelving. Lucked out and the previous homeowners had that exact shelving in the closets! I only need to buy a couple bars now and some shelf clips. I figure shelving wood from lowes would suffice for custom length shelves.

However, I'm looking for suggestions on how to make bookends that would go on the end of said custom shelves since they will end in the middle of a wall.

#6501 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15515 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 09 July 2016 - 12:38 AM

Moving in 3 weeks - guess i better start packing up =[

#6502 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22327 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2016 - 01:33 AM

Moving in 3 weeks - guess i better start packing up =[

Don't worry... mine is in a week and I haven't started. But then again, I said Fuck it and took all next week off b/c this will be my first real move ever. 

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#6503 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20751 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2016 - 09:57 PM

Seems like a bunch of you are moving around this summer.

Better post those pics once you've settled in to the new home!

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#6504 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22327 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2016 - 02:19 AM

Seems like a bunch of you are moving around this summer.

Better post those pics once you've settled in to the new home!

All the piecemeal storage is getting out-of-hand and I said Fuck it and decided to re-use a few old ones and get a few new cabinets. I already got one and will likely get another one. The one I bought is this gorgeous monstrosity but I already regret buying it b/c it arrived in 3 separate boxes and in total, weighs 200+ lbs. It'll be weeks before I have it built. 

https://www.amazon.c...ZTFP9V7K&psc=1 

I likely won't have my collection posted for months, once all is said and done. 

EDIT* Bonus, I packed up nearly all of my opened GC games and most of the opened  Wii games... and am now starting to realize how fucking daunting this is going to be. 

ninty.jpg

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#6505 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20751 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:56 AM

It's been awhile since the last update.

Was able to find a way to fit in a new shelf, so now I have a Vita corner. ^__^

Anywho...updates!

AvTqf95.jpg

K0WyQPr.jpg

qHEFrdv.jpg

G9x1ewd.jpg

enmMIR2.jpg

7jaJtoE.jpg

evpxAjZ.jpg

EM00pqa.jpg

jIyGuHn.jpg

ZUaCe1a.jpg

flQtuiR.jpg

GJQu7oT.jpg

LYiTWnL.jpg

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#6506 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15515 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:39 AM

9sP8gOj.jpg

All gone!

#6507 mchittumjr  

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:55 PM

Still have to wire everything up and put the TV up but this is the current setup.

IMG_20160723_220042_zpsnbizvsv4.jpg

#6508 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22327 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:07 AM

All gone!

Man, I wish I had shelves like that. 

Still have to wire everything up and put the TV up but this is the current setup.

Are you really going to wire up all those systems, at once? Never really got the point of having more than maybe 2-3 systems hooked up at once. I get that, sometimes you wanna just randomly fire something up, but it doesn't take that long to hook up a system assuming you've got a decent enough receiver.  

Not a fan of white but that shelve set up is on point. :applause:

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#6509 Condor80   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4383 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2016 - 12:47 PM

Man, I wish I had shelves like that. 

Are you really going to wire up all those systems, at once? Never really got the point of having more than maybe 2-3 systems hooked up at once. I get that, sometimes you wanna just randomly fire something up, but it doesn't take that long to hook up a system assuming you've got a decent enough receiver.  

Not a fan of white but that shelve set up is on point. :applause:

You're crazy :)  I wish I had Ship's setup where you switch from NES to PS4 at the push of a button.

fs_overall.png

#6510 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22327 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2016 - 01:47 PM

You're crazy :)  I wish I had Ship's setup where you switch from NES to PS4 at the push of a button.

I mean, I get the idea behind it... it's just that I've never said, "Boy, Uncharted 4 sure is fun. I think I'll play some SMB3 now" is what I meant. Then again, I usually only play 1-2 games at a time until I finish them. 

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png