* * * * * 9 votes

Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

#1111 Tailswisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   217 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:32 PM

Well, here's a side question: How do you go about using Craigslist when you aren't near any of the search cities and have no idea what area you'd be under? Seriously, I'm an hour and a half from 3 of the search cities. >.<

[Edit: Nevermind, I found out how...just no one in my town uses it. lol]

Edited by Tailswisher, 09 February 2011 - 04:35 PM.

#1112 slowdive21   PUT SOME RESPECK ON MY NAME CAGiversary!   12149 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:28 PM

I hate to interrupt the photo admiration discussion, but I'd like some suggestions on ways to increase ones collection cheaply. For instance, where all do you guys go to get yours: flea markets, yard sales, closing stores, online shops, auctions, etc., etc.

I'm kind of broke as all hell right now and I'd like to find ways to keep my collection growing...cheaply, ya know. ^^

Subscribe to this thread and watch. A lot of us find huge lots at Garage sales. The OP has the old threads linked, so you should be able to still see some of the hauls.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=283481

#1113 StripesOrBars   Banned Banned   1556 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

StripesOrBars

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:45 PM

It's only wearing thin because you don't wake up early enough...muhahaha!
BTW I'll trade you my $1 Ogre Battle for your $5 Earthbound :bouncy:

haha, yeah waiting in my car at 430 am almost every morning isnt early enough.

i ALWAYS try to get there before everyone so i dont miss out on any deals(which i do every day, sucks).

not sure if you know Sam(fat old frog looking guy that rides around on a scooter) but seeing that guy walking back to his shop with a bunch of CIB mario partys or better things every weekend is driving me crazy.

i also watched him sell some kid mario world snes for $25.

not sure how he does it, but its a weekly thing for him to find treasure/moron buyers.

(he says he collects too, i can only imagine what that guy has)

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1114 Tailswisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   217 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:56 PM

I hate to keep asking questions, but here's an odd one: Where do you all get your cases/manuals for your collections?

I mean, as a kid I tossed my old game boy cases (which I now kick myself for) and so everything before the playstation in my collection doesn't have a case. I'd like to fix that, but the only thing I can think of is to make stuff out of scratch.

#1115 StripesOrBars   Banned Banned   1556 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

StripesOrBars

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:01 PM

boxes and manuals you need $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1116 thepain73   Johnny B. Goode CAGiversary!   865 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:02 PM

We had the discussion a few pages back but I will post the link again:

http://www.thecoverproject.net/

Looks like it's down for me but when it gets back up it is very useful.

#1117 nnthomas   meeble meeble CAGiversary!   3181 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:20 PM

If you can't afford it, don't do it. Get a job or a way to provide for yourself before wasting on old games.

#1118 Ash Burton   Hail to the King, Baby CAGiversary!   1420 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:24 PM

Oh yeah, I want to punch that guy in his fat face. He has no clue, he does not collect, I've talked to him. He must be selling crack out of his stand though because he prices way over ebay and I never see him move inventory. Few weeks ago the idiot had Mega Man X3 sitting in that wooden box of SNES carts so I waited till he left and bought it off his wife for $15.

haha, yeah waiting in my car at 430 am almost every morning isnt early enough.

i ALWAYS try to get there before everyone so i dont miss out on any deals(which i do every day, sucks).

not sure if you know Sam(fat old frog looking guy that rides around on a scooter) but seeing that guy walking back to his shop with a bunch of CIB mario partys or better things every weekend is driving me crazy.

i also watched him sell some kid mario world snes for $25.

not sure how he does it, but its a weekly thing for him to find treasure/moron buyers.

(he says he collects too, i can only imagine what that guy has)

#1119 Drclaw411   I miss Cartoon Orbit CAGiversary!   3271 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:15 PM

I hate to interrupt the photo admiration discussion, but I'd like some suggestions on ways to increase ones collection cheaply. For instance, where all do you guys go to get yours: flea markets, yard sales, closing stores, online shops, auctions, etc., etc.

I'm kind of broke as all hell right now and I'd like to find ways to keep my collection growing...cheaply, ya know. ^^

ive been gaming since i was 4. same for most people here. nobody just woke up and said "hmm...i'd like a game collection", went down to gamestop, walmart, and a garage sale, and filled several bookshelves. you accumulate them over time. game collecting is a big, time consuming hobby because 98% are also gamers who buy most our games to play as well as add to the collection. those of us with a social life and job end up accumulating a backlog. eventually, we have the collections you see here that we can use to build an entire game room.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#1120 Gameboy415   16-bits of awesome CAGiversary!   3386 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:42 PM

ive been gaming since i was 4. same for most people here. nobody just woke up and said "hmm...i'd like a game collection", went down to gamestop, walmart, and a garage sale, and filled several bookshelves. you accumulate them over time. game collecting is a big, time consuming hobby because 98% are also gamers who buy most our games to play as well as add to the collection. those of us with a social life and job end up accumulating a backlog. eventually, we have the collections you see here that we can use to build an entire game room.

Word.
I've been gaming since I was 2, apparently. :lol:

Most of the retro stuff I have was given to me by my parents/other people as I was a kid growing up.
It just occurred to me once I got some Super Nintendo games that the boxes were cool looking and I decided to start keeping them from then on. Lucky me! haha

For the rest of the retro games, I spent my time hunting games down in resale shops/flea markets while others were dropping $50 on XBOX games when I was in college. :D

Check out Anomaly 1729, my team's Indie game, on Steam!

Visit amiibros.com for pre-order links, information, & news about amiibo, Nintendo Figma, World of Nintendo figures, and more!

#1121 StripesOrBars   Banned Banned   1556 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

StripesOrBars

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:41 AM

ash: pretty sure thats his sister, nice find on x3!

how i buy games?

i worked for 5 years straight with no life(spent money only on herb and $60 for a new game every now and then).

now i own a house and have some(not much) money saved and heres all these great deals(its not a good thing)!!!

theres also flipping, which is a huge deal and already mentioned.

my advice is save save save save save and then when you have enough money you buy.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1122 punkmaggit   Masashi Hamauzu > you CAGiversary!   2506 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:57 AM

Ok, so mine's not the most organized, but here's what I've got:

Spoiler

The first pic is my guide/magazine/art book collection. The second is my sealed game collection. My favorites from that collection are my sealed Skies of Arcadia Legends and Demon's Souls LE!

#1123 elessar123  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:23 AM

The first pic is my guide/magazine/art book collection. The second is my sealed game collection. My favorites from that collection are my sealed Skies of Arcadia Legends and Demon's Souls LE!

I wish I didn't open my Demon's Souls. I opened it when it was selling for $130+ and the guide alone was selling for $50+. And I only played it for about 5 hours.

elessar123.pnggpOYCAm.jpg

#1124 Tailswisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   217 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:27 AM

Punk, you are my hero when it comes to guide collection!

#1125 schuerm26   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4571 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:53 AM

punkmaggit, can you take some closer pics of all the guides you have? i love going to stores and finding random guides.

#1126 tooshorty6432168   (^'.')> CAGiversary!   1912 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

tooshorty6432168

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:51 PM

I wish I didn't open my Demon's Souls. I opened it when it was selling for $130+ and the guide alone was selling for $50+. And I only played it for about 5 hours.

I did enjoy the game quite thoroughly, but I very much regret opening up my Deluxe Edition copy and not just picking up a regular copy to play through.

#1127 Drclaw411   I miss Cartoon Orbit CAGiversary!   3271 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:45 PM

Ok, so mine's not the most organized, but here's what I've got:

Spoiler

1) kudos on having Afrika. i love that game, i thought i was the only cag who had it.

2) 2nd shelf on the brown bookcase. what is the game that comes with that plush? i've seen it in a ton of collections.

#1128 tooshorty6432168   (^'.')> CAGiversary!   1912 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

tooshorty6432168

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:47 PM

1) kudos on having Afrika. i love that game, i thought i was the only cag who had it.

2) 2nd shelf on the brown bookcase. what is the game that comes with that plush? i've seen it in a ton of collections.

I think you may have inspired me to finally pick up Afrika, thanks.

The game with the plushie is Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2.

#1129 punkmaggit   Masashi Hamauzu > you CAGiversary!   2506 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:59 PM

I did enjoy the game quite thoroughly, but I very much regret opening up my Deluxe Edition copy and not just picking up a regular copy to play through.

I was lucky and played through the Asian version before it was even announced for a US release, so luckily I knew to keep mine sealed. I also ended up getting a deluxe edition through Goozex so I can read the guide if I want! :D

Thanks! I was eyeing it and it eventually went OOS at Gamestop and online and I wanted to grab a copy before Hitmangaming got all over it. :lol:

#1130 enemyofusall   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1380 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

enemyofusall

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:21 PM

the only way to describe this thread: holy Fuck!!! Some insanely nice collections for sure! I am trying to play catch up on older games which has proven to be tough, didnt have much money when I was a kid so I had very few games. But hey one game at a time and I will get there :) I will post my collection sometime soon :)

gallery_474050_8161_61772.jpg

#1131 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9099 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:35 AM

I think I buy too many games, I took these pictures back in early September last year, and I decided to take a few more pics of my mess.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by skiizim, 12 July 2011 - 01:14 AM.

#1132 StripesOrBars   Banned Banned   1556 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

StripesOrBars

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:01 AM

^^^i think i see an snes game.

maybe axelay.

can anyone else find it?!

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1133 Indigo_Streetlight   East Coast Scum CAGiversary!   3538 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Indigo_Streetlight

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:06 AM

@skiizim: It's not your fault, when you get that many games they turn into a monolith and communicate with you psychically. I think they're thrumming with happiness now that they have reached the ceiling.
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#1134 Drclaw411   I miss Cartoon Orbit CAGiversary!   3271 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:19 PM

huge pile of everything

holy hell.

#1135 thepain73   Johnny B. Goode CAGiversary!   865 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:57 PM

WOW

that is a lot of stuff

#1136 TooMuchCoolness   Deep Ass Gamer CAGiversary!   1147 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

TooMuchCoolness

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:14 PM

I could only see use of that if your planning to opening a game shop or something

#1137 StripesOrBars   Banned Banned   1556 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

StripesOrBars

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:44 AM

I could only see use of that if your planning to opening a game shop or something

someones jealous.

no one buys games to play them, nub.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1138 KoopaEater   xX1337PR0GAM3R1997Xx CAGiversary!   136 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

KoopaEater

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:52 AM

No, I agree. Way too organized mess. How do you play a game?

*takes out game, pile falls*

Why not any shelves? Did you waste too much money to do that? It's a good collection otherwise.

#1139 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15331 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:46 AM

Yea, he def needs a man-closet.

#1140 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   21039 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:00 AM

Oh man, don't ever get a cat. If you had a cat, it would totally jump on top of one those piles and bring everything down on top of you. Then, while you're being crushed by your games, your cat would walk away and lift up it's tail so you saw its asshole.

Yeah, cats are jerks.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Xenoblade X (2nd try) - :-k 

:pc: The Witcher - :) 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║