Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to let you know, Operation Darkness (360) is only $8.99 at newegg with free shipping. But, I'm sure that is covered in the $15 or less newegg thread as well.

this thread seems like it may get too messy.

there are just too many places that has all of these games at good prices, not to mention it fluctuates a lot.

i hope this is a thread that is going to be maintained and the op will get updated, and not just random people posting prices, and you will just be browsing through pages and pages of posts just to check whats updated and whats not.

it could be a nice thread as long as the op is willing to go ahead and actively keep track of everything thats being posted, otherwise it seems like one of those threads that will get rather hard to read through.

anyways, ill post my finds.

My World, My Way is very hard to find new (unless Atlus just ran another reprint but don't think so). It's OOP shortly after release.

Also, Aksys' Record of Agarest War got a LE treatment at the same price point in a similar way as BlazBlue (if you consider it a deal). Although the 'usefulness' of the LE goodies is questionable.

[quote name='eau']My World, My Way is very hard to find new (unless Atlus just ran another reprint but don't think so). It's OOP shortly after release.

Also, Aksys' Record of Agarest War got a LE treatment at the same price point in a similar way as BlazBlue (if you consider it a deal). Although the 'usefulness' of the LE goodies is questionable.[/QUOTE]

yeap good luck finding this game.. got it day one and sold it for what i paid for it... Found it last month at a trade store and traded for it... will now stay in my collection.

This game was harder to find then even harvest moon for the SNES

[quote name='zenintrude']Sweet! All the games I have no interest in playing compiled into one handy thread I can ignore.[/QUOTE]

I suppose you have no other source to feed your ego with.

I love this idea, so many great companies all put together. I just checked My World, My Way New and there are 4 places within 10 miles that have it. There isn't a trade list for this thread, but PM me if you want me to pick up a new copy for you.

Thanks OP for the deals!

[quote name='zenintrude']Sweet! All the games I have no interest in playing compiled into one handy thread I can ignore.[/QUOTE]Please try not to troll.

[quote name='perdition(troy']darkslime shall roll over in his chair when he sees this thread.[/QUOTE]
First thought I had when I saw the title.

[quote name='eau']My World, My Way is very hard to find new (unless Atlus just ran another reprint but don't think so). It's OOP shortly after release.

Also, Aksys' Record of Agarest War got a LE treatment at the same price point in a similar way as BlazBlue (if you consider it a deal). Although the 'usefulness' of the LE goodies is questionable.[/QUOTE]

i was considering getting the le edition but it just not for me. plus i still dont like the cover art of the of the le edition.

[quote name='perdition(troy']darkslime shall roll over in his chair when he sees this thread.[/QUOTE]You may think that, but actually I already own all these games on account of my OCD. I buy them all on release date, no later. Besides, its Mom's credit card and I don't have to pay.

Plus, I couldn't think of doing something dishonorable such as not giving Atlus, NIS America, or Aksys the full $59.99 plus shipping and sales tax that they deserve. If I ever get a job and buy my own Atlus games I will go down to only 8 Hot Pockets per day to be able to continue buying every game I need, but that will never happen on account of my girth.

Very nice thread, good job!

Just so the OP knows, he listed Rune Factory 2: A Fantasy Harvest Moon as a PSP game, but it is actually a DS game.

Whoever buys Chulip has a serious retardation. You can go to any Gamestop and they have about 3-5 coppies of that game new/used. How do i know? I work for G-Stop it's my blue back disc to test PS2 systems with.

[quote name='nnthomas']Any deals for Spectral Force 3? It's the only Atlus game I've yet to play on 360[/QUOTE]

Gamestop just recently price dropped it to 14.99$ Used/$19.99 New if your local store has one.

I preordered it myself, but I have seen copies at local gamestops still.

Also, is Adventures to Go really a deal if it's a GS exclusive?

And BlazBlue LE used price is the same as SE.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Good luck finding My World My Way as the others said. I ended up instead buying it for 30 new at FYE.[/QUOTE]

You may want to check Fry's if there's one in your area. A few days ago, I did see a copy there new.

Shin Megami Tensei fans... Persona for PSP is $19.90 at PlayAsia and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon -- Raiho Special Edition is $19.99 new at Gamestop.

I love this thread. Most games I buy are Japanese games. Thanks, OP for putting all of these up, and thanks everyone for mentioning games they're interested in. I forgot about My World My Way until this thread, and now I have to search for it. And I would have never known about Fragile Dreams if it wasn't for another post about the pre-order bonus soundtrack at GS. I also never knew about the translation of Flower, Sun, and Rain. Going to track that one, too. Again, big ups.

My contribution, although it isn't out yet:

Deadly Premonition, developed by Marvelous Entertainment, being published by Ignition here in the states. Called Red Seeds Profile in Japan and being sold at full retail. $19.99 here, and we get it a month earlier. Screw Alan Wake. http://www.amazon.com/Deadly-Premon..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1266092658&sr=8-1

Shin Megami Tensei Persona for the PSP drops to $17.99 at Newegg...the lowest I have ever seen. Go to front page for details.

Battle Fantasia for the xb360 for $12.99 from Amazon Warehouse.

Definitely picking up Persona for $17.99 at Newegg. I hope to see the Disgaea series on this list soon.

I've bookmarked this thread and check it daily now. Thanks for keeping this up to date.

edit: damn it, looks like Persona is OOS at Newegg.

This is an awesome list. Some eccentric games on there (Chulip) but all of them interesting in their own way.

I like to try Yggdra Union, as well as Kenka Bancho and Hammerin' Hero for PSP.

Awesome thread!! I want to start by saying it is a shame Natsume doesn't have any 360 games.

I would like to add to the thread that alot of SNK games are on clearance at Toys R Us (in-store) for $5. I recently picked up KoF 11, but also saw Neo Geo Battle Colleseum, Fatal Fury Vol 1, Fatal Fury Vol 2, Art of Fighting Collection, and SNK classics all for PS 2

Dang... I already bought most of the ones I wanted at higher prices.

Anyone going to a Frys in their area want to pick me up a Jake Hunter? If so send me a PM. I'll add shipping and throw in a couple of bucks for the trouble.

[quote name='pureheat101']i'll wait until a deal on demon's souls pops up at some point[/QUOTE]

There were some Demon's Souls $15 clearance YMMVs in the Target thread, if you were curious.

Hi everyone, I'm not posting this on the front page but with "Ryū ga Gotoku 4" (Yakuza 4) coming out in Japan and the third game is coming out on the PS3 in a few weeks, maybe...just maybe their might be another "Fatal Frame" like surge in price for the past two games. I enjoyed the past PS2 games and maybe others may want to get it because I'm noticing prices started to jack up.

Anyway, the game is from Sega and if you haven't yet purchased any of the "Yakuza" games, the cheapest right now are:

Yakuza - [USED][PS2] - $9.99 - Gamestop ->not sure of this company but Glyde has it for $6.75 (new?)
Yakuza 2 [NEW/USED][PS2] $19.99/$17.99 Gamestop

Oh man great thread! I just picked up Steal Princess along w/ 2 other games from that ebay seller, since he has really cheap shipping to Canada.

Disgaea DS is 10$ [new] at vgp.ca (+3$ shipping)

kndy...Yakuza is a great game but I'm not sure what you're trying to do.

Deadly Premonition came out today at Gamestop, but won't be until next week at Amazon. My store had two copies, one sealed, one gutted. Haven't popped it in yet, but it looks like a great game with lots to do. Almost like D2 meets Silent Hill.

Also the Yakuza 3 demo is out in the PSN store for anyone on the fence about it. Myself included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back