* * * * - 40 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

#3751 Callidus   Collectaholic CAGiversary!   1291 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago   Has been playing Mario Kart 8
Wii U

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

I'd usually preorder ASAP, but I want to see if Xseed is doing an LE for this one ad they did with their psp Ys releases.

I thought all launch copies of those PSP Ys games were LEs with stand alone game-only copies not coming until subsequent production runs (if at all). If that remains the case, a pre-order now would essentially be a pre-order of the LE.

#3752 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19142 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:37 AM

I thought all launch copies of those PSP Ys games were LEs with stand alone game-only copies not coming until subsequent production runs (if at all). If that remains the case, a pre-order now would essentially be a pre-order of the LE.

Only Ys I and II PSP had first print thats LE. For the other games they got two different SKU

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#3753 worrybomb   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   353 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:34 AM

Currently, Class of Heroes II sign-up is now at 1,000. Almost half way to go, people.

Plus, barring Sony's interference, if this sign-up is successful, it could open up for Gaijinworks to localize the rest of the Class of Heroes series.

#3754 FlamingXDragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   93 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

FlamingXDragon

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:48 AM

I know this kind of random but has anyone heard if dj max technika tune was ever sold through amazon? I remember hearing somewhere that it would eventually be sold on amazon. Not sure what happened.

#3755 Bumslie   Don't Shit Where You Eat CAGiversary!   3784 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

I know this kind of random but has anyone heard if dj max technika tune was ever sold through amazon? I remember hearing somewhere that it would eventually be sold on amazon. Not sure what happened.

It's sold by Pentavision through Amazon third party. It's cheaper from Pentavisions site cause you'll save shipping.

#3756 FlamingXDragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   93 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

FlamingXDragon

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:00 AM

It's sold by Pentavision through Amazon third party. It's cheaper from Pentavisions site cause you'll save shipping.

Oh ok . I couldn't find it there. But if it is cheaper at their website might as well get it from there. Thanks!

#3757 barrit   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1908 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:19 AM

Xseed sent out an email today. In addition to Ys: Memories of Celceta available for preorder, so is Killer is Dead (360/PS3), and Valhalla Knights 3 (Vita).

It also mentions Pandora's Tower (Wii), Rune Factory 4 (3DS), and Y's I&II Chronicles (Steam), but I think those have been up for preorder for a while.

#3758 MulderYuffie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   964 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

MulderYuffie

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

Currently, Class of Heroes II sign-up is now at 1,000. Almost half way to go, people.

Plus, barring Sony's interference, if this sign-up is successful, it could open up for Gaijinworks to localize the rest of the Class of Heroes series.

Nice! That is really great and I hope they will be able to release the others physically too. Isn't there a Vita Class of Heroes game coming out in japan or is already out? That would be nice to have yet another vita game to look forward too also.

#3759 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   3854 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Freedom Wars
Vita

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

Killer is Dead looks so awesome. The gameplay will hopefully be as cool as the rest of it looks. I actually really, really want to play it!

My YouTube Channel (Collection updates, games industry commentary, game analysis)

https://www.youtube....HellDestroyer77

My Blog (In-Depth Game/Anime Reviews)http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

My Twitter:https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Complete DVD/Blu Collectionhttp://www.blu-ray.c...id.php?u=102540

#3760 outerfox   Allow Ants Peas CAGiversary!   426 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

outerfox

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

Nice. I hope it makes it. I'm willing to throw $40 Vic's way if it helps localize more games like that. Makes me wonder if some of the WD voice actors will be used in many of their localizations.

#3761 worrybomb   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   353 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

Nice. I hope it makes it. I'm willing to throw $40 Vic's way if it helps localize more games like that. Makes me wonder if some of the WD voice actors will be used in many of their localizations.

Well according to his response in this NeoGAF thread, Kathy Emma (who had a speaking role in Lunar 2 and sang the opening theme in Growlanser III) sings a song in CoH 2.

If the CoH Kickstarter was successful and then some, John Truitt was supposed to lend his voice talents to the game but sadly that never happened. However, if CoH 2 happens to be successful whether due to physical sign-up, digital sales, or a combination of both, he did say he'll bring back more WD voice talent in his future games.

#3762 scol   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   59 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

Also Project X Zone

Thanks for heads up. I had absolutely no idea this would actually get localized.

#3763 worrybomb   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   353 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

Current status update for CoH 2:

Spoiler

Gaijinworks latest Twitter post states the sign-up has surpassed the halfway mark at around 1,300 units. Let's keep it up!

Joystiq and RPGamer have posted articles about the game today.

#3764 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1277 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

I signed up for two copies, but since I was in the KS I may raise it to 3. That way I can have a KS one to play, and a regular and KS one to look at and go "OOOOOOoooooo"

#3765 outerfox   Allow Ants Peas CAGiversary!   426 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

outerfox

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

Well according to his response in this NeoGAF thread, Kathy Emma (who had a speaking role in Lunar 2 and sang the opening theme in Growlanser III) sings a song in CoH 2.

If the CoH Kickstarter was successful and then some, John Truitt was supposed to lend his voice talents to the game but sadly that never happened. However, if CoH 2 happens to be successful whether due to physical sign-up, digital sales, or a combination of both, he did say he'll bring back more WD voice talent in his future games.

Ahh Lemina's voice actress. If I recall right, her and Jenny Stigile were seriously smokin'. I was hoping Xseed would have reached out to the original Lunar cast for Harmony of the Silver Star, but I think all of them but Stigile declined.

That would be cool if he can manage that. I'm sure everyone will have a blast working together again. In for more outtakes. "I AM ZOPHAR, MASTER OF... shit!!"

#3766 MulderYuffie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   964 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

MulderYuffie

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:35 AM

They reached 1,400 now :)

#3767 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   2956 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

Anyone know if Atelier Ayesha is getting a CE?

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#3768 TerraBemani   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   241 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

TerraBemani

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

Ahh Lemina's voice actress. If I recall right, her and Jenny Stigile were seriously smokin'. I was hoping Xseed would have reached out to the original Lunar cast for Harmony of the Silver Star, but I think all of them but Stigile declined.

That would be cool if he can manage that. I'm sure everyone will have a blast working together again. In for more outtakes. "I AM ZOPHAR, MASTER OF... shit!!"

"Then we can get a fantastically huge dragon diamond worth $1,000's and $1,000's of shit!!!!" XD

I think that's about right for the Ramus outake. Plus there's a very special hidden Zophar voice recording in Lunar 2 ps1 that REALLY is aimed to mess with you and funny as hell. Seeing if anyone remembers it.

#3769 aaronrodgers   Yo...Siggy, Phido! CAGiversary!   1539 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

aaronrodgers

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

Anyone know if Atelier Ayesha is getting a CE?

I asked about this a while back. in the US, no.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#3770 rockykai  

rockykai

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

I think CoH 2 will reach the 2500 mark, but Siliconera is doing it little favors with the title of the CoH 2 article that they did..."Would you buy a boxed copy of Class of Heroes 2 for $35?" (even though it says you get a digital copy with it I'm sure there are many people who will take it as insulting).

EDIT - I didn't read the rest of the text below the title ROTFL - ass - u - me right?

Edited by rockykai, 07 February 2013 - 01:03 PM.

#3771 Ionotropic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1810 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

Here's the amazon listing for Killer is Dead (Xseed):
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B00BAWXDJM/

Made by Suda_51, so the art style is very Suda_51 (click spoiler button for pics).

Spoiler

#3772 Ionotropic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1810 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Valhalla Knights 3 (screenshots look rough like Ys Memories of Celceta)

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B00BAWXD7E/

#3773 mxpowar   Menace II Sobriety CAGiversary!   1344 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago   Has been playing Rainbow Six: Lockdown
Xbox

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

Valhalla Knights 3 (screenshots look rough like Ys Memories of Celceta)

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B00BAWXD7E/

I don't understand why they make sequels to games like Valhalla Knights while series like /Suikoden, Shining Force, Arc the Lad, even Wild Arms are forgotten about... /end rant/

#3774 SEGAMew   Sonic Obsessed CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

I want a sequel to Sonic Chronicles.

#3775 MrBonk   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   617 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

I don't understand why they make sequels to games like Valhalla Knights while series like /Suikoden, Shining Force, Arc the Lad, even Wild Arms are forgotten about... /end rant/

Different Developers. Different motivations I guess.:cry:

#3776 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   3904 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

Because they sell better than Suikoden, Shining Force, Arc the Lad, and Wild Arms.

#3777 SEGAMew   Sonic Obsessed CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

Better than historic legacy that is Suikoden and Shining Force? BLASPHEMY!

#3778 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   3904 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

Yeah, are you kidding me? Those games sell like dildos in a men's prison.

#3779 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   35211 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago   Has been playing Time and Eternity
PS3

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

I want a sequel to Sonic Chronicles.

I like the way you think.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

#3780 elessar123   "AT LAST, SIR TERRY, WE MUST WALK TOGETHER." CAGiversary!   9986 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

There are still tons of Shining games. Feather, Cross, Hearts, Blades, Ark...