* * * * - 40 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

#7261 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6447 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:58 PM

Disgaea 4 would like to say Hi. They had to discount that to sell out. I saw both limited editions go for $60 and $30 before selling out

Key word was "I" as in, I personally can't recall a time, not, they've never done it. It was meant to show it was pretty rare / borderline never happens. 

And now I can say that Mugen Souls is the only one I've seen go on sale. 

mugen souls?

Isn't the MSRP $100, which it is still at?

#7262 kipz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   881 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:21 PM

The NISA sale is probably gonna be up soon, the website isn't showing anything right now, so they're probably getting it ready. 

#7263 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:41 PM

Don't know how niche it is, but Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia for Nintendo DS is a lightning deal at Amazon.com in about 28 minutes.

I think that was the last Castlevania game I truly enjoyed.

#7264 SpidrMnky   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1896 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

The NISA sale is probably gonna be up soon, the website isn't showing anything right now, so they're probably getting it ready. 

Do we know anything about the sale?

#7265 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   530 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:58 PM

That would be my question as well.

#7266 Jon7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   889 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

We know that the sale is live now. A lot of games are out of stock though.

#7267 wbc1228   huh?! CAGiversary!   2891 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

the sale is live now

http://store.nisamerica.com/Sale

#7268 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   530 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:06 PM

It's looks like most of what is on sale are 200 dollar giclees.  Still too much for what amounts to a poster for me.

I could get Bleach for 15, but I've heard it's a very poor game.

#7269 CrimsonTribe   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   534 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

CrimsonTribe

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:06 PM

I know it was discussed recently, but is there anywhere that still offers the Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition? Amazon and Gamestop both have it for $29.99 and was curious if anyone knows what the chances are that they still have the Limited edition available? Based on the product details on Amazon it shows the package is  7.5 x 5.4 x 1.1 inches, which is the size of the Limited Edition, but it's just as likely that the product page wasn't updated once they ran out. Any one here bought one recently from Amazon and know if it's the Limited Editions till?

The last time I was in Best Buy (in Puerto Rico, so it's more YMMV than normal), they had 2 on the shelf and the website still shows the limited edition picture and has the limited edition description, so maybe that is what they are shipping?

#7270 wbc1228   huh?! CAGiversary!   2891 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:10 PM

I already have the regular edition of Mugen Souls....

Guess I'll buy the LE for the figures.

#7271 barrit   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2041 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

Vita D3 is still pretty high. Only $5 less than what it was at. Prob cheaper to get that from Amazon or somewhere else.

#7272 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11259 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

Already either have everything, its way too high, or just a bad game.

Nearly got Bleach, but i can just as easily grab at a b2g1 at GS or something. If those Disgaea 4 figures were cheaper I'd have brought em

#7273 Thermopyle  

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

the sale is live now

http://store.nisamerica.com/Sale

Yeah...crap sale aside from the Atelier stuff and Hyperdimension Neptunia.

I don't know why their PSP digital stuff never goes on sale. I'd like to pick up Disgaea 1 + 2, Prinny 1+2, and ZHP for playing on my Vita.

#7274 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:44 PM

Yeah...crap sale aside from the Atelier stuff and Hyperdimension Neptunia.

I don't know why their PSP digital stuff never goes on sale. I'd like to pick up Disgaea 1 + 2, Prinny 1+2, and ZHP for playing on my Vita.

Good choices!  I think they have been on sale, because I've bought them all for my Vita (despite having had the UMDs), and I don't usually buy something unless it's on sale.  At one point Gamestop was actually selling the codes for a few of those games, if not all of them, at a discount.

#7275 Thermopyle  

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:49 PM

Good choices!  I think they have been on sale, because I've bought them all for my Vita (despite having had the UMDs), and I don't usually buy something unless it's on sale.  At one point Gamestop was actually selling the codes for a few of those games, if not all of them, at a discount.

D1 is 9.99 (instead of 14.99), D2 is 14.99 (instead of 19.99), Prinny 1 is 7.99 (instead of 9.99) and Prinny 2 is 9.99 (instead of 14.99.) ZHP isn't on sale at GS at all. Better prices at GS, to be sure, but still not really sale prices.

#7276 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

I dunno if it is still the case, but for the longest time you could buy codes for all those games (maybe except ZHP) at gamestop for about half of the price they are on the psn.

#7277 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1492 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

Nothing from me for the sale. I hoped HDN Victory would go on sale since it's been out for over six months.

#7278 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

D1 is 9.99 (instead of 14.99), D2 is 14.99 (instead of 19.99), Prinny 1 is 7.99 (instead of 9.99) and Prinny 2 is 9.99 (instead of 14.99.) ZHP isn't on sale at GS at all. Better prices at GS, to be sure, but still not really sale prices.

Yeah, I meant codes for the digital versions, not the UMDs.  Unless that's what you're talking about.

$10 and $8 sounds pretty good to me, man.  If that's for the digital game codes, you should probably just go for it.  :)

#7279 C-Zero   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1082 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:56 PM

It's looks like most of what is on sale are 200 dollar giclees.  Still too much for what amounts to a poster for me.

I could get Bleach for 15, but I've heard it's a very poor game.

It's like Dynasty Warriors so if you like those type of games , you'll like the Bleach game.

#7280 Thermopyle  

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:13 PM

Yeah, I meant codes for the digital versions, not the UMDs.  Unless that's what you're talking about.

$10 and $8 sounds pretty good to me, man.  If that's for the digital game codes, you should probably just go for it.   :)

Yeah, they're digital. If I didn't have a humongous backlog I'd go for it, but in the meantime it's hard to pull the trigger on older games I know will have great sales at some point. I just want that point to be now, is all. :)

#7281 DarkZero104   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   604 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

DarkZero104

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:23 PM

The Atelier games are on the Vita and Neptunia will also soon be there. Disgaea 3 Vita was not only cheaper LAST year by $5, it was free PSN+ game a few months ago in both NA and the EU. The plushies and wearable merch is barely discounted (or in the hoodie's case, not at all) and the anime varies a bit in worth it to rightstuf will be cheaper (as they currently are with one title there).

Looks like the only thing really of note are the prints. Don't know how much they regular go for either.

#7282 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:28 PM

Yeah, they're digital. If I didn't have a humongous backlog I'd go for it, but in the meantime it's hard to pull the trigger on older games I know will have great sales at some point. I just want that point to be now, is all. :)

Fair enough!  Yeah, you'd think NISA would have a PSN sale at some point.  Actually, I'd love that, because, while I have (all?) their Vita/PSP stuff, there is a lot of their PS3 stuff I don't have and want.

#7283 Jon7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   889 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

Nothing from me for the sale. I hoped HDN Victory would go on sale since it's been out for over six months.

The weird thing is when the sale first went live Victory was marked down to $30 even though it was out of stock, and now the page for it's been completely removed from the store. I don't know if that means they don't plan on getting more stock of it or what.

#7284 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1276 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:07 PM

The weird thing is when the sale first went live Victory was marked down to $30 even though it was out of stock, and now the page for it's been completely removed from the store. I don't know if that means they don't plan on getting more stock of it or what.

Well that sucks if they don't end up getting any more of them.  Victory is the only game I'd be interested in and $30 would possibly have been my price point.

Oh well, at least it's on PSN now.  Maybe they'll have it on sale on there in the upcoming months.  LOL

#7285 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8686 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:19 PM

http://www.joystiq.c...available-to-a/

So basically this is the best outcome possible. Atlus is still an independent company, just owned and funded by Sega and Sega is telling Atlus to utilize any of it's dormant franchises.

#7286 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4296 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:21 PM

a week or so old but yeah its nice to know. can't wait for skies of arcadia legends 2 valkyria chroncles 3 and maybe 4 among other things.

#7287 kidrocklive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2218 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

kidrocklive

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:47 PM

You know there was a sequel, right? It wasn't released in the US but it's called Last Window and it's great. They also did a similar game called Again where you play an intelligence agent. That game uses real photographs for its characters instead of rendering.

I heard about Last Window a week ago and bought it on eBay. I never heard of Again. I will look that one up. Thanks!

#7288 Boss   [Removed by Admin] CAGiversary!   1949 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:32 PM

http://www.joystiq.c...available-to-a/

So basically this is the best outcome possible. Atlus is still an independent company, just owned and funded by Sega and Sega is telling Atlus to utilize any of it's dormant franchises.

Skies of Acardia?!  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:

#7289 King Trax   Crazy! CAGiversary!   899 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

King Trax

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

Here just a quick screenshot comparison of the two different versions. I think Vita version uses in-game character model for character portraits while the 3DS one uses game art for conversations.

http://i.imgur.com/76t152O.jpg

I appreciate the Vita's in-game models...but I actually like the 3DS art 2D style better.  Probably because I enjoy anime.

#7290 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19867 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:05 PM

Weird they are not using the bottom screen for map on the 3ds version