* * * * - 40 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

#7501 Kazaganthi   Blue Rogue CAGiversary!   1947 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:15 AM

With all this talk of curry I feel there is a Red Dwarf joke to be had, but I can't think of one. So instead I suggest just watching Red Dwarf. :)

#7502 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11172 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:17 AM

Woot my Sorcery Saga LE shipped, set to arrive tomorrow with about 2 other packages. Gonna be a good day ^_^

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#7503 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:30 AM

Woot my Sorcery Saga LE shipped, set to arrive tomorrow with about 2 other packages. Gonna be a good day ^_^

Play it right away and give us some impressions!  If it's good, I think I want to grab it this week while it's new and support it.  If it ain't that great, I'll wait for a decent sale.  :)

#7504 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   13991 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:38 AM

i only see one that is preowned/used for sale on bestbuy.com

I don't think it was available outside of store pickup. I had been watching for used copies for weeks now. (Never showed up in my area.)

#7505 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3897 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:54 AM

MMmmmmmm, curry-flavored stew...

I don't think I've ever tried Singaporean curry, or anything Sinaporean.  Have you ever had vegetarian Singaporean curry?

Never seen any, actually, but I'm sure it'd be good if somebody experienced made it. Honestly, the chicken is the least appealing part of chicken curry (not that it isn't good!). The curry itself, the potatoes, and dipping bread in the curry are just so awesome that the chicken kinda pales in comparison.

Not sure how it would taste if you didn't cook the chicken in with the rest of the curry, though, if you want to avoid all contact with meat. It could still be really good for all I know, but I'm really just not sure.

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#7506 elessar123  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:52 AM

Never seen any, actually, but I'm sure it'd be good if somebody experienced made it. Honestly, the chicken is the least appealing part of chicken curry (not that it isn't good!). The curry itself, the potatoes, and dipping bread in the curry are just so awesome that the chicken kinda pales in comparison.

Not sure how it would taste if you didn't cook the chicken in with the rest of the curry, though, if you want to avoid all contact with meat. It could still be really good for all I know, but I'm really just not sure.

That's how I do it. When I'm making Japanese curry, I use the blocks as well, like most Japanese/Taiwanese. But mine has celery as well, which wasabi didn't mention. I'd usually cook the chicken when I'm cooking the carrots and onions, and pull out the chicken so it doesn't get overcooked. I add it back in when you add in the curry blocks. Sometimes, when we don't feel like using chicken, we just cook lentil on the side and put that in instead.

And Singaporean/Malaysian curry isn't much different from other Southeast Asian curries, with a lot of coconut milk. Although Singapore curry noodles is way up there in my favorites.

Spoiler

#7507 wbc1228   huh?! CAGiversary!   2891 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:13 AM

Got my replacement copy of Sweet Fuse (psp) from Amazon and it is the same as before.

Sketchy shrink wrap and no necklace.

booo

Seems like the price is back up to $29.

It anyone wants this for $20, let me know.

Otherwise, I'll send it back to Amazon for a refund.

upper.JPG

top.JPG

front.JPG

#7508 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6447 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:21 AM

Got my replacement copy of Sweet Fuse (psp) from Amazon and it is the same as before.

booo

I have to ask, why do you think the shrink wrap is sketchy? 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#7509 wbc1228   huh?! CAGiversary!   2891 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:30 AM

I have to ask, why do you think the shrink wrap is sketchy? 

It doesn't look factory sealed.

I have at least 20 sealed psp games in my collection and they're sealed differently.

Both copies of Sweet Fuse (the original and the replacement) look like that so I'm guessing the seal is like that for this game.

I don't care for the seal but I want that necklace.

Guess I need to buy a copy off ebay or wait for a sale on arksys store.

#7510 Frahps   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   215 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:36 AM

Since it'll probably be the last Japanese-based PSP game published (that's non-Gaijinworks) does that really warrant it fancy, most likely more expensive wrapping? It's a risk title already, I'm sure they had to cut costs.

Also possible that the necklaces are gone, too.

#7511 theMixxer   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   80 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:02 PM

For what it's worth, my copy of Sweet Fuse that I got day 1 had that same shrink wrap. I think it's just a cheaper shrink wrap they use to save money, because I noticed that a lot of the reprints of games (especially niche titles) will occasionally have the same shrink wrap, and all of those I've had come from Amazon or GameStop. Heck, even the copy of Battlefield 4 on PS4 that I bought from Target had that same weird shrink wrap now that I think about it. Also, yeah, I think the only way to get the necklace at this point is by ordering the game from Aksys themselves.

#7512 barrit   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2040 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:09 PM

booo

attachicon.gifupper.JPG

attachicon.giftop.JPG

attachicon.giffront.JPG

I remember that's how No More Heroes Paradise was sealed when it came new. I guess it's the type of shrink wrap they choose?

#7513 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5774 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:45 PM

booo

attachicon.gifupper.JPG

attachicon.giftop.JPG

attachicon.giffront.JPG

That is the correct factory seal for copies with the necklace inside.  Did you actually open your copy to check for the necklace?  

#7514 bruceg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1520 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:19 PM

For what it's worth, my copy of Sweet Fuse that I got day 1 had that same shrink wrap. I think it's just a cheaper shrink wrap they use to save money, because I noticed that a lot of the reprints of games (especially niche titles) will occasionally have the same shrink wrap, and all of those I've had come from Amazon or GameStop. Heck, even the copy of Battlefield 4 on PS4 that I bought from Target had that same weird shrink wrap now that I think about it. Also, yeah, I think the only way to get the necklace at this point is by ordering the game from Aksys themselves.

Yeah, even the same game can have two different wrappings, both factory sealed.  The latest I noticed was DMC for ps3 (I managed to find one with the folds, and the rest were non-folded).  There aren't many variations they use....

#7515 wbc1228   huh?! CAGiversary!   2891 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

That is the correct factory seal for copies with the necklace inside.  Did you actually open your copy to check for the necklace?  

It is still sealed.

If I remember correctly, in the past, all of my freebie bonuses were outside the case.

humm... I wonder if it is really inside.

I tried to look through the plastic when I first got it but didn't see anything.

I'll open it up later tonight.

I'm going to laugh if it is really inside the case.

Update:
Negative, I opened the game and there was no necklace inside the case.

#7516 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11172 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:55 PM

Well I'm a bit ticked off. Got my Sorcery Saga LE in, opened the box up (Which I couldnt even say was a box, more just a cardboard wrap around). And the box of the LE was dented to hell, it was basically flattened as much as the contents inside would allow it to be, along with some stress marks along the sides and a few tiny tears.

Not that I was buying the box for collecting purposes, I still think its a bit messed up I paid for one day shipping and cant even get the item in pristine condition.

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#7517 wbc1228   huh?! CAGiversary!   2891 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:06 PM

Well I'm a bit ticked off. Got my Sorcery Saga LE in, opened the box up (Which I couldnt even say was a box, more just a cardboard wrap around). And the box of the LE was dented to hell, it was basically flattened as much as the contents inside would allow it to be, along with some stress marks along the sides and a few tiny tears.

Not that I was buying the box for collecting purposes, I still think its a bit messed up I paid for one day shipping and cant even get the item in pristine condition.

Was it from Amazon.com?
Yea, they're really bad at mailing out LE/artbooks.

I have complained a bazillion times on the artbooks but Amazon doesn't care

(they still keep sending them out in bubble mailers)

I have gotten so many dented/bent items from them that I pretty much avoid them if possible for fragile items.

I usually keep them if they're only sightly dented in the corner but it is ridiculous.

If I wanted a used item, I would have brought one from ebay/amazon warehouse.

Best Buy/Rakuten/NIS America have been pretty reliable for me.

#7518 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5774 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:07 PM

I ended up ordering one from Aksys directly.  Shipping was $10 but I knew Amazon would damage it severely and I will no longer buy CEs from them.  

#7519 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11172 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:11 PM

Yeah, in the future I'll try to avoid them, But I have ordered quite a few rarer/similar items from them without an issue.

Actually I guess I misunderstood replacement, they are gonna send me a new copy that will arrive tomorrow, and I have 30 days to send back in my old one. Gonna be pissed if this is just as dented or worse though

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#7520 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4230 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:43 PM

glad I ordered my xillia le not from amazon but another seller. though the le is a pretty sturdy box compared to the ce from what I hear.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#7521 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1884 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:44 PM

Was it from Amazon.com?
Yea, they're really bad at mailing out LE/artbooks.

I have complained a bazillion times on the artbooks but Amazon doesn't care

(they still keep sending them out in bubble mailers)

I have gotten so many dented/bent items from them that I pretty much avoid them if possible for fragile items.

I usually keep them if they're only sightly dented in the corner but it is ridiculous.

If I wanted a used item, I would have brought one from ebay/amazon warehouse.

Best Buy/Rakuten/NIS America have been pretty reliable for me.

This is exactly why I'm hoping for Best Buy to get a listing up for the Bravely Default CE.

#7522 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:32 PM

I don't collect stuff, but I do buy textbooks, from Amazon, and I guess other books from time to time (Zelda: Hyrule HIstoria, for one), and they alllllwayyyyyssssss arrive dented.  Especialy with $100+ textbooks, it's just stupid annoying.  But, I complain, and they normally give me a certain % discount, which can be a lot when the item in question is a textbook.

With Hyrule Historia, they just sent me a second copy, which ALSO arrived dented.  Oh well.  Gonna give one to my brother for his birthday, keep the other for myself, and not care that it's dented.

If you're a collector, that's gotta be frustrating, though.

#7523 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22386 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

I'm certain that the only reason they started that packaging feedback stuff was simply for the Placebo effect. I've complained constantly about damaged items for almost 2 years now and it's still an issue.

Amazon's terrible shipping doesn't even bother me anymore. Now, whenever I buy something from them, I just factor in the fact that it'll arrive damaged. 

What pisses me off is that when I order cheap, easily replaceable items that are pretty much impossible to damage unless someone physically opens the box and intentionally damages them (stuff like socks, gloves, HDMI cable, etc.), they ALWAYS ship those in a box with ample protection on all sizes. But buy a LE game and they're like, "oh, this is the last copy we have and it's pretty expensive... lets just wrap it in one of those flimsy cardboard things and send it off!" 

With stuff like guides/artbook, mine are always packed with protection on the top, and no more than two sides/corners. I wonder if they ever consider what's going to happen to the unprotected side, edge and corners? 

Currently playing: 

:ps4: Horizon Frozen Wilds - :)

:3ds: Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology - :)

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#7524 Thermopyle  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:56 PM

I'm certain that the only reason they started that packaging feedback stuff was simply for the Placebo effect. I've complained constantly about damaged items for almost 2 years now and it's still an issue.

Amazon's terrible shipping doesn't even bother me anymore. Now, whenever I buy something from them, I just factor in the fact that it'll arrive damaged. 

I have never once had a damaged Amazon package.

Thermopyle2.png

#7525 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3676 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

Just got my Killer is Dead from Amazon, and it's the LE. Awesome stuff. 

#7526 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29323 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

this is the same way they ship out their kindles.   Try  to  tell  CS about it and they have no clue what  sort of shipping container it is.  Funny thing is its good enough for amazon to ship the item to you in   BUT    your not allowed to ship it back them same way if you dont want the item (i got a kindle like this with a smashed box  and  was im sending it back, was told if i would use the same  package   its up to the return department  to  issue the refund or  say i  did it to myself by not shipping it back in an  NORMAL BOX  lol   whatever amazon

still waiting for me  LE from newegg to ship. got billed last night still not shipped 

edit  stay the Fuck away from newegg.    The billed by credit card last night  refuse to do a refund  and said the game will not ship   for  20 to 30 days (OUT OF  STOCK .. said they can not  ISSUE A REFUND ON an order that is in process  and they hang up on me.  Call them back and now they are saying   Wait time is 2 to 3 hours and chat is over and hour  Fuck this site 

WOOOO I STINK

#7527 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:19 PM

Hm, my Kindles (just the e-readers) always came in fairly protective Kindle containers.  They say "KINDLE" on them, too.  Might as well say "STEAL ME" when UPS puts them on the doorstep.

ANYWAY on to more important things. How is the Sorcery Saga Curry God whatever dungeon crawler rogue-like somin or other game???

#7528 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4230 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

What pisses me off is that when I order cheap, easily replaceable items that are pretty much impossible to damage unless someone physically opens the box and intentionally damages them (stuff like socks, gloves, HDMI cable, etc.), they ALWAYS ship those in a box with ample protection on all sizes. But buy a LE game and they're like, "oh, this is the last copy we have and it's pretty expensive... lets just wrap it in one of those flimsy cardboard things and send it off!" 

With stuff like guides/artbook, mine are always packed with protection on the top, and no more than two sides/corners. I wonder if they ever consider what's going to happen to the unprotected side, edge and corners? 

HA sounds like me.

Spoiler

tldr just order a couple things together and they should provide decent protection. or order an sd card/candy straws tubs with it lol. It'll probably take longer to ship your stuff together unless they happen to be near/in the same location

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#7529 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4510 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:25 PM

I just think it's funny that people even try to order flimsy CEs from amazon anymore. I know there is a 'chance' that it'll arrive undamaged, and often times you can save $5-10, but the risk for damage is huge. At this point, I'm much happier paying full MSRP for a CE and just ordering from Gamestop. Their packaging is actually top notch. I'm at a point in my life where I'm not alright with chasing my tail in circles trying to get an undamaged copy of something.

My YouTube Channel (Not in active use)

https://www.youtube....HellDestroyer77

My Complete Game Collectionhttps://drive.google...cpj5oe8EOPSQ1JQ

My Twitter:https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Complete DVD/Blu Collectionhttp://www.blu-ray.c...id.php?u=102540

#7530 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11172 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

So do you HAVE to send it back when you ask for a replacement lol? Not that I would, just curious if they insta-ban you or something.

As far as gameplay, havent been home since it arrived and havent had a chance to play yet. My friend says he likes it though (And he loves dungeon crawlers)

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png