* * * * - 40 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

#14281 RikuXIII  

RikuXIII

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:53 AM

Persona 2 for ps 3 is tempting me for like $4, anyone have opinions of it?

#14282 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10664 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:57 AM

Clannad Voiced Edition is coming to Steam. 

http://www.siliconer...-steam-release/

#14283 Domo7   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   259 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:16 AM

Where is the Neptunia Limited Edition being sold again? I don't remember haha

#14284 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8404 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:16 AM

Nice easy buy when it comes out.

Also Neptunia Rebirth LE right here on Amazon at 12 AM PST Tuesday:

Link

#14285 TLOU  

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:30 AM

I was thinking about getting the LE of Re;birth, but none of the extra features are enticing me to pay the extra $20. I already have a good Vita case, the cell phone charm doesn't interest me, and that art piece is probably never going to see the light of day. Box looks nice though.

#14286 Eternal Session   Banned Banned   962 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Eternal Session

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:02 AM

Is there a patch out there to put the h scenes and other deleted content back, or will I need to buy it elsewhere if I want it?

#14287 Eternal Session   Banned Banned   962 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Eternal Session

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:04 AM

I noticed that two of the gamestops in town had a copy of Ys:  Memories of Celceta Silver edition for $49.99.  Picked it up since it was one of  the only copies within 60 miles.  Kind of regret spending that much, but kind of wanted to since I have the collector editions of the psp Ys games.

There probably aren't any better deals on this out there?

There are 5 in my area, give or take. I'll wait for it to be converted to used.

Don't forget that Neptunia thing is happening like three midnights from now, depending on your timezone!

What Neptunia thing?

#14288 Azxs  

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:20 AM

Is there a patch out there to put the h scenes and other deleted content back, or will I need to buy it elsewhere if I want it?

Clannad doesn't have h scenes, most Key vns don't.

I was thinking about getting the LE of Re;birth, but none of the extra features are enticing me to pay the extra $20. I already have a good Vita case, the cell phone charm doesn't interest me, and that art piece is probably never going to see the light of day. Box looks nice though.

They're only printing 1000, that's enough for me to buy one since I'm a sucker for really limited edition stuff. I'd say it's worth it to grab one for your collection if you're into that sort of thing.

#14289 Eternal Session   Banned Banned   962 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Eternal Session

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:15 AM

One arc does. I believe it's the only one that does. In any case, I'll get it. Once it gets a 75% off sale, that is.

#14290 Azxs  

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:27 AM

One arc does. I believe it's the only one that does.

That's 

Spoiler
 which is a side story. It's a separate game.

#14291 Eternal Session   Banned Banned   962 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Eternal Session

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:32 AM

I know. I just thought it was included. And I left out the name because it could be a spoiler.

#14292 Azxs  

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:46 AM

I know. I just thought it was included. And I left out the name because it could be a spoiler.

They didn't say anything to indicate it is and I doubt it will be, since Sekai Project specifically announced "Clannad Full Voice Edition" which shares it's name with a japanese release of the game from 2008 which didn't include it as far as I can tell. I suspect it will be released separately if Clannad does well. I don't really see how the title could be a spoiler but I'll go back and tag it just in case.

#14293 Eternal Session   Banned Banned   962 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Eternal Session

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:01 PM

They didn't say anything to indicate it is and I doubt it will be, since Sekai Project specifically announced "Clannad Full Voice Edition" which shares it's name with a japanese release of the game from 2008 which didn't include it as far as I can tell. I suspect it will be released separately if Clannad does well. I don't really see how the title could be a spoiler but I'll go back and tag it just in case.

I see. Well, in any case, I'm in for it for sure, whether or not they include side stories. Love Steam for getting VNs now, even though they were long overdue.

#14294 argyle   Mr. Lucky CAGiversary!   6367 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:40 PM

They're only printing 1000, that's enough for me to buy one since I'm a sucker for really limited edition stuff. I'd say it's worth it to grab one for your collection if you're into that sort of thing.

I've decided to pass on it too.  I thought about the limited angel, but there's just WAY too much coming out this Fall and I simply can't get it all.  I'm picking up 7 games in September alone, and no matter how I look at the list I can't bring myself to cancel any of those.  So something had to give, and the Neptunia LE is the week link for pretty much the same reasons TLOU said.  

Posted Image

#14295 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29320 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

you do know its not limited. they are only printing 1000 cause they think they can only get  1000 of the japan  charms.  So its not really unlimited 

WOOOO I STINK

#14296 shivan128   CAG at heart CAGiversary!   3751 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:07 PM

you do know its not limited. they are only printing 1000 cause they think they can only get 1000 of the japan charms. So its not really unlimited

You truly have a dizzying intellect.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Monster Monpiece, :3ds: Majora's Mask, :xb1: N/ATM :360: N/ATM, :ps3: N/ATM, :ps4: Dying Light/#KillAllZombies, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#14297 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5980 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:19 PM

you do know its not limited. they are only printing 1000 cause they think they can only get  1000 of the japan  charms.  So its not really unlimited 

You truly have a dizzying intellect.

WTF!?

Dizzying intellect is a understatement :-k

"Listen y'all, if Chris of all people isn't complaining, then you know it's a non-issue." -tonyxvx

#14298 elessar123  

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

Most don't? It's like 3 out of 10 that don't have HCG.

Spoiler

#14299 rockykai   Banned Banned   384 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

rockykai

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:25 PM

If a physical version of Clannad becomes available through this, you can bet where my money is going to go.

Day one digital anyway.  Holy **** is this awesome news.

#14300 option.iv   phantom fighter CAGiversary!   3156 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:30 PM

Tomoyo is best gurl. Clannad HYPE.

test.gif

Youtube | Twitch | Twitter | Steam

NNID: option.iv

#14301 elessar123  

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:48 PM

Platinumed Demon Gaze last night. Pretty good game. End game wasn't too bad compared to EO1 and EO2.

Spoiler

After that, I farmed for the katana trophies and the skull/shroom trophies, and ended up at level 45-ish when I finished.

Overall, pretty good game. If you're into EO at all, it's worth a play. About half the length too.

Spoiler

#14302 Thermopyle  

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:41 PM

Cool, glad to hear it. I've been interested in EO but just don't like the DS hardware at all.

Thermopyle2.png

#14303 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8404 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:51 PM

Sad to say but I'm ready to go for Neptunia Rebirth. The sad thing is I have both its sequels though only played a bit of the second game, so I'm ready to tackle the trilogy.

Also on an unrelated but niche related comment I have been playing Imouto Paradise a bit. Done 3 of the playthroughs which included 2 main and the harem. It's an alright game, though it's almost like a higher quality nukige game. The characters are alright (I liked one of the playthroughs a decent amount and the other....yeah it was kind of annoying), although the main character is a fairly annoying cliche ultra perverted brother. I think I was expecting more story out of this one....yes I know esp with the main box art it should have been more obvious. Still alright though and I will finish the other 3 routes. I don't think I will buy other games localized from this company, moonstone cherry, which is there nukige brand. It's still a fun one and I would buy the sequel, but i'll stick to just moonstone's games. At least I like this quite a bit more than the Softhouse Seal nukige which have interesting themes, but are generally lacking in just about everything else. Just my 2 cents of course.

#14304 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1178 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:00 AM

Since I know a few people on this thread use Bing Rewards: Did it change recently?

It seems like you can get more points now, but that it takes 3 searches instead of 2 per credit on PC.

It's a lot more searching, but if you're consistent it seems like you can get gift cards in fewer days now.

Posted Image

#14305 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29320 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:16 AM

anyone know the link to the  LE Neptunia Rebirth  and its what midnight pst time tomorrow 

WOOOO I STINK

#14306 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1055 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:32 AM

anyone know the link to the  LE Neptunia Rebirth  and its what midnight pst time tomorrow 

http://www.amazon.co...a/dp/B00KRNCJVS

Tuesday 12 am pst

#14307 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1055 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:35 AM

Since I know a few people on this thread use Bing Rewards: Did it change recently?

It seems like you can get more points now, but that it takes 3 searches instead of 2 per credit on PC.

It's a lot more searching, but if you're consistent it seems like you can get gift cards in fewer days now.

yeah on pc it's 3 searches per credit for 30 credits. on mobile 2 searches per credit for 10 credits

#14308 Eternal Session   Banned Banned   962 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Eternal Session

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:23 AM

I did, but I stopped. It just wasn't worth it anymore. Unless you're working in an office, and even then, doing 100+ searches every day is just not possible. Even using a bot is more trouble than it's worth.

#14309 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1178 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:37 AM

I did, but I stopped. It just wasn't worth it anymore. Unless you're working in an office, and even then, doing 100+ searches every day is just not possible. Even using a bot is more trouble than it's worth.

Yeah, I'm finding it hard to recommend to others. I do actually work in an office and have occasional daily downtime waiting for stuff to compile, etc. It fits well in those periods.

Also if you set it to your default in chrome you can bang out the following pretty quickly

1. Ctrl + t

2. Type something

3. Enter

4. Repeat

Posted Image

#14310 Monkeydog   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Monkeydog

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:40 AM

The trick is to search for one thing, like "Simpsons Characters" and then just click on everything that pops up. Takes me like two minutes a day for PC/Mobile (I use a UA spoofer to do mobile).