* * * * - 40 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

#19891 lionhearted  

lionhearted

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:21 PM

I know what you mean.  I finally caved and bought it new at gamestop for $30 last week.  It's probably not getting any cheaper and that's not really a bad price.  I followed pricing searches for a few weeks but not many places are selling it and the price is probably just going to go up.  Before this I can't remember the last time I bought something new at Gamestop. 

The purchase was definitely worth it, if that helps. It's really not bad buying used or new Vita games at gamestop since they don't have any inserts and the cases don't appear to get touched very often lol.

I was going to buy it this weekend, yet the price jumped back to $40... I watched the anime so didn't want to buy it. But after finishing Danganronpa 2, I realized that playing the game will give me completely different feeling even though I know the ending already.

Just finished Danganronpa 2, the game is soooooooooo good. It is on the top of my list along with P4G to be the best games for Vita.

#19892 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6436 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:52 AM

I don't blame you. I open my LEs so I can play them, but every time I do I feel kinda bad that I'm ruining the collector's values of it. But I can't exactly afford to buy multiple copies of all the LE games, so yeah. :/

Haha yeah I can just imagine the looks people would give me when I opened a sealed copy of suikoden 2 a few years back.

And yeah outside maybe zestiria and persona 5 I don't plan on buying any more games until I get my backlog down to 25 games

#19893 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20341 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:53 AM

we might actually get shinning resonance, if sony is willing to help like they did in Taiwan in localizing it

http://www.siliconer...onance-chinese/

Which means we are not getting it as Sony America doesn't have a localization team like Taiwan.

#19894 sharpeone   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2355 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:21 AM

So, i've been searching online for ages for a copy of Danganronpa 1 that's not overpriced as heck. What's wrong with this game? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Danganronpa 2 is cheaper than the original one at this point. Do you guys know a secret place that i don't know of that ships to canada? I don't care if it's used, as long as it's not overpriced.

I ended up getting it used from GameStop for $24.99 used (although it looks to have jumped back up). My decision was made easier considering I had the Kongregate $5 coupon that was expiring that day. I had to pick it up since I bought the second one from the sale and kept hearing to play the first before starting the second.

#19895 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:26 AM

Which means we are not getting it as Sony America doesn't have a localization team like Taiwan.

that is too bad. that elf girl looks like sabre in the game. LOL

#19896 elessar123  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:39 AM

I think this code is expiring today, so if anyone wants it:

Tales of Hearts costumes (Vita, PSN):
6N4A-5KNA-8GP9

#19897 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2460 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:40 AM

I didn't realize Danganronpa was $40. Bought an extra copy off of craigslist for less than ~$20 and than sold it for ~$20 after I beat it.

#19898 tylerdurden10   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   375 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

tylerdurden10

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:48 AM

6N4A-5KNA-8GP9

Of course some lurker took it already without thanking you.  :-(

#19899 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3657 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:52 AM

6N4A-5KNA-8GP9

Would be best to offer codes through PMs so lurkers don't get them.

#19900 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9683 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:47 AM

I was going to buy it this weekend, yet the price jumped back to $40... I watched the anime so didn't want to buy it. But after finishing Danganronpa 2, I realized that playing the game will give me completely different feeling even though I know the ending already.

Just finished Danganronpa 2, the game is soooooooooo good. It is on the top of my list along with P4G to be the best games for Vita.

Damn, you're right.  The price just went up on a number of those Vita JRPGs at Gamestop.   That stinks.  Ok back to boycotting Gamestop!

For people who are into collecting the nice books, I bought the Smash Brothers hardcover guide and the Farcry hardcover guide for $12.50 each +10% discount at GS on Sunday.  It might be worth investigating at your own stores but I think its YMMV.

#19901 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   38061 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:52 AM

Damn, you're right.  The price just went up on a number of those Vita JRPGs at Gamestop.   That stinks.  Ok back to boycotting Gamestop!

For people who are into collecting the nice books, I bought the Smash Brothers hardcover guide and the Farcry hardcover guide for $12.50 each +10% discount at GS on Sunday.  It might be worth investigating at your own stores but I think its YMMV.

Strategy guides are 50% off through Sunday, I think. Wednesdays are also when Gamestop refreshes its weekly sales, and those Vita JRPGs had been on sale for a few weeks.

#19902 KudosConan   Procrastinator CAGiversary!   685 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

KudosConan

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:17 AM

Just wanted to chime in, just started playing the english patched Tora Dora game on the PSP and it just so happens that the plot started for an upcoming new year as well! I found it quite coincidental but also perfect for my happy beginning with an awesome game and anime. Less than an hour left here on eastern coast till 2015. Wrote down my resolution for an ease of mind, but will probably use it as firework fodder later XD. Happy New Years' Eve fellow CAGs!!

#19903 Petey Parker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   722 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Petey Parker

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:54 AM

Damn! I'm still playing Danganronpa. I picked up a new copy at Gamestop a week or so ago. I should have picked up the second one at the time too since it was also $29.99. Now it's up to $40. :(

#19904 Kopyasu  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:33 AM

Yeah, sorry about that tylerdurden10 and AugustAPC. I'm the lurker that took it earlier without thanking elessar123. I was trying to post when I claimed it, but I couldn't remember my password and the email associated with my old account to reset the password at all. I ended up creating a Twitter account to create another one because the security codes on CAG was impossible to get correctly...

So thank you elessar123 for the code and have a happy new year.

#19905 scblueeyedguy   Future Gadget Laboratory Technician CAGiversary!   2739 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

scblueeyedguy

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:44 AM

6N4A-5KNA-8GP9

Glad you reminded me to redeem mine. Probably should have sold it shortly after I bought it. Oh well.

#19906 scblueeyedguy   Future Gadget Laboratory Technician CAGiversary!   2739 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

scblueeyedguy

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:47 AM

Strategy guides are 50% off through Sunday, I think. Wednesdays are also when Gamestop refreshes its weekly sales, and those Vita JRPGs had been on sale for a few weeks.

Nope, Tuesday (30th) was the last day for 50% off guides. My store reminded me because they wanted to get rid of their last couple of LE guides. Wanted the Far Cry 4 guide, but didn't really want to pay or use points for it.

#19907 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:45 AM

6N4A-5KNA-8GP9

whoa didn't realize that expired today.. though sometimes stuff doesn't expire on the date listed. WTF thats a very short time on a code, i hate when companies do that bullshit. At least this was a preorder bonus though and not DLC specifically stated that was included in the game. That really pisses me off when companies do that

anyway, i have 2 of those codes. I ordered two games though. Were you given 2 different DLCs for pre-ordering, or did i get one for each game? When i entered the top code it seemed to unlock 6 costumes. Is that all you get? Just wanted to check because if i got an extra i'll probably give it away. No point in entering the 2nd to find out its the same thing. Any other codes for niche games that came out the past several months that are expiring? I just checked hatsune miku and thats good for several more months

#19908 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   5044 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:10 AM

The codes don't usually expire on said date. Gamestop receipts usually default to certain dates, and they very often go beyond the date. Some by like a full year at times.

#19909 lionhearted  

lionhearted

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:49 PM

Damn! I'm still playing Danganronpa. I picked up a new copy at Gamestop a week or so ago. I should have picked up the second one at the time too since it was also $29.99. Now it's up to $40. :(

Check Amazon. Danganronpa 2 is selling for $28.99. Get it before they change the price too.

#19910 Ur-APS   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11872 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:55 PM

Glad I picked up Danganronpa 2 before it jumped back up. 

#19911 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20341 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:06 PM

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=963142

XSeed's domain registration might revel some new localization

Corpse Party: Blood Drive -Vita

Xanadu Next -PC

Trails of Cold Steel aka Sen no Kiseki!!!!

#19912 Ur-APS   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11872 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:10 PM

will wait for official confirmation. But will be excited for Corpse Party and Sen no Kiseki

#19913 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:17 PM

Xanadu Next -PC

i hope it is true with trails

#19914 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:27 PM

Xanadu Next -PC

will wait for official confirmation. But will be excited for Corpse Party and Sen no Kiseki

well, i am not sure if the marketing guy over at xseed is teasing or being serious, but here is a convo he had recently with a poster

there could be sound truth to it.

http://forum.marvelo...28

ThePlayerOfGames : If all we're doing is hoping and guessing?

A Corpse Party collection for PS3/Vita or the HD versions of the Trails games.

Wyrdwad :Yeah, we've been a little too busy to tease, sadly. Not enough opportunity to upkeep our teasing. wink.png

I will say, though, PlayerOfGamers, that we've inquired about the possibility of doing the former of those two ideas, but sadly found that it was not feasible.

And the latter, we're still looking into.

-Tom

#19915 elessar123  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:30 PM

Yeah, sorry about that tylerdurden10 and AugustAPC. I'm the lurker that took it earlier without thanking elessar123. I was trying to post when I claimed it, but I couldn't remember my password and the email associated with my old account to reset the password at all. I ended up creating a Twitter account to create another one because the security codes on CAG was impossible to get correctly...

So thank you elessar123 for the code and have a happy new year.

Np, and thanks for letting us know anyways.

The codes don't usually expire on said date. Gamestop receipts usually default to certain dates, and they very often go beyond the date. Some by like a full year at times.

My last Gamestop code expired on the day it said it would, so I don't know. Wasn't willing to risk it.

#19916 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   723 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:35 PM

http://blog.us.plays...iday-thank-you/

Looks like Sony is going to give Playstation Plus users 5 extra days to their subscription to make up for the network issues that were happening on christmas. They're also going to give out a 10% of a purchase in your cart code. Hopefully they give these out soon, but all they say is "sometime this month".

That 10% code would be great to use on Atelier Ayesha Plus when it comes out this month.

#19917 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20341 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:37 PM

well, i am not sure if the marketing guy over at xseed is teasing or being serious, but here is a convo he had recently with a poster

there could be sound truth to it.

http://forum.marvelo...28

ThePlayerOfGames : If all we're doing is hoping and guessing?

A Corpse Party collection for PS3/Vita or the HD versions of the Trails games.

Wyrdwad :Yeah, we've been a little too busy to tease, sadly. Not enough opportunity to upkeep our teasing. wink.png

I will say, though, PlayerOfGamers, that we've inquired about the possibility of doing the former of those two ideas, but sadly found that it was not feasible.

And the latter, we're still looking into.

-Tom

A Corpse Party collection doesnt exist in Japan, so there is no way for Xseed to release that.  On the other hand there is a Trail HD in Japan

ps3-eiyuu-densetsu-sora-no-kiseki-fc-kai

#19918 Cloyd   Forever awaiting the English release of Moe Crystal. CAGiversary!   1040 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:51 PM

A little more info on Trails, plus some screenshots and videos.

http://www.rpgsite.n...-by-xseed-games

#19919 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:13 PM

A little more info on Trails, plus some screenshots and videos.

http://www.rpgsite.n...-by-xseed-games

so is series call trails or legend of heroes?

#19920 elessar123  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:19 PM

The series is part of Legend of Heroes (we got like 3-4 of the PSP ones).

It's part of the Trails group of games.

It's like the Atelier Arland/Dusk sagas, or Shin Megami Tensei games.

Edit: These. They were released out of order, IIRC.
Spoiler