Alan Wake (Limited Collector's Edition) - $79.99

RBH

CAGiversary!
0088537008528500x500.jpg

alanwakespecialedition.jpg

Hardbound in quality linen, the Limited Collector’s edition is designed to resemble a hardcover book. The pack will include:

• Game Disc in box with unique art
  • Exclusive In-Game Audio Commentary and Hints by Remedy
  • “The Alan Wake Files” – a 144pg book that includes a short story written by Alan Wake and compiles the FBI dossiers investigating the events in Bright Falls, WA
  • Exclusive Audio Disc with Soundtrack and Score
  • Game Add-on token redeemable on Xbox LIVE for the first Alan Wake add-on content pack
  • Exclusive Xbox disc with special content: Alan Wake Xbox Live Theme and Alan Wake Avatar for Xbox LIVE
Preorder to receive the Bright Falls Bonus Pack, which includes exclusive content like Avatar gear, an Xbox LIVE theme, and a “making of” video.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002I0JFN8/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Alan-Wake-Limited-Edition-Xbox-360-Xbox-360/13313721

Release date is set for May 18th:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3177916

4351033346_e06f4955ac.jpg

4351033116_8348b1af57_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RBH']Not up on Amazon yet, but I wonder if it'll include the $10 credit like the standard edition of Alan Wake currently does.[/QUOTE]

It would be sweet, but sadly I doubt it. Collector's Editions of others they have run that promotion on have been excluded (God of War, BioShock 2, Mass Effect 2, etc).

Cool looking CE, I'm definitely in for one. Thanks OP.

Nice, going to cancel my standard edition order and switch to this once Amazon adds it to the site.

[quote name='RBH']Not up on Amazon yet, but I wonder if it'll include the $10 credit like the standard edition of Alan Wake currently does.[/QUOTE]

I'm just hoping for another 20% Bing CB through Walmart.com, that would be enough for me to pre-order the CE (which looks pretty awesome, btw).

So there is no regular game case, and you store the disc(s) INSIDE that thick book like box?

Darnit! I'm spending more $$ per game lately because of all those LE/SE/CE things such as ME2, BioShock 2 and GOW3.

Very nice CE. Worth the $20 upgrade from the standard edition, IMO.

Hopefully Amazon will put it over the weekend or into the beginning of next week.

I'd encourage you to not support this game since M$ forced the devs to make it 360 exclusive. This game was originally intended for PC only to show off DX10 and when they missed that boat decided to convert all their work to a 360 game. Only yesterday did they finally admit they were stringing PC gamers along for years and I have zero tolerance for liars. Yeah, I'm nerd-raging but ultimately it's M$ who dropped the hammer on these guys since they can't control the money flow on PC games and GFWLoL is an epic failure.

Buy it if you must, but for anyone on the fence this is food for thought.

Very risky investing in the CE of a brand new IP. Hope nobody ends up regretting the extra dough. This will certainly be a rental for me at launch.

I wish more CEs were like the Bioshock CE and included the reg standard plastic case inside. I love the extra stuff, and the look of all these CEs but they don't sit right on the shelf and don't match the rest of my games.

Either way I can't wait for this game. I've been watching it for quite a while now.

a video game in a book? what are they trying to do? get us to read!?!

I'm in for one, that looks incredibly sweet! Would definitely have to open that one too. I wonder if the avatar goodies are on a card inside the case or codes that will be emailed..

edit: and I did not want this game until I saw this CE, now it'll be pre-ordered, day one purchase..that's the power of LEs!!

[quote name='Jodou']I'd encourage you to not support this game since M$ forced the devs to make it 360 exclusive. This game was originally intended for PC only to show off DX10 and when they missed that boat decided to convert all their work to a 360 game. Only yesterday did they finally admit they were stringing PC gamers along for years and I have zero tolerance for liars. Yeah, I'm nerd-raging but ultimately it's M$ who dropped the hammer on these guys since they can't control the money flow on PC games and GFWLoL is an epic failure.

Buy it if you must, but for anyone on the fence this is food for thought.[/QUOTE]

Who cares? Sony and MS do this all the time to get some competitive advantage. As long as the game is good, I will buy it.

[quote name='Jodou']I'd encourage you to not support this game since M$ forced the devs to make it 360 exclusive. This game was originally intended for PC only to show off DX10 and when they missed that boat decided to convert all their work to a 360 game. Only yesterday did they finally admit they were stringing PC gamers along for years and I have zero tolerance for liars. Yeah, I'm nerd-raging but ultimately it's M$ who dropped the hammer on these guys since they can't control the money flow on PC games and GFWLoL is an epic failure.

Buy it if you must, but for anyone on the fence this is food for thought.[/QUOTE]

Widespread adoption of this stance would be perceived more as a statement against Alan Wake than against Microsoft's policies. And while I do find some of the tactics MS employs annoying, boycotting them as a company would be a net loss for me, and would mean nothing at all to them.

[quote name='eau']So there is no regular game case, and you store the disc(s) INSIDE that thick book like box?

Darnit! I'm spending more $$ per game lately because of all those LE/SE/CE things such as ME2, BioShock 2 and GOW3.[/QUOTE]

I hope the thick like book isn't crappier than a regular game case like other LE such as the original GeoW and ME. A cheap looking and built paper case.

Some food for thought:

It is the market that has decided that PC is insignificant and game sales on consoles dwarfs most PC games in the same genre. Don't blame MS, blame the market and the people buying consoles games including me!

[quote name='bojay1997']Who cares? Sony and MS do this all the time to get some competitive advantage. As long as the game is good, I will buy it.[/QUOTE]Sony might make deals for exclusive game rights during development but they've never dropped a platform release completely and not told anyone. Remedy had to know for months, if not years that it wouldn't be coming to PC and finally let it slip some months ago that a PC release wasn't their focus but still a possibility. Why outright lie and not just tell us PC gamers to move on because they aren't supporting us anymore? I mean, Amazon has had it up for pre-order for months now FFS.

I'm just very disappointed to see a game I've been following for five years have the rug pulled out from under. Sure I could still get it for 360, but I prefer customization the PC (and cheaper price for that matter) offers over the limitations of Xbox.
[quote name='sengar']Widespread adoption of this stance would be perceived more as a statement against Alan Wake than against Microsoft's policies. And while I do find some of the tactics MS employs annoying, boycotting them as a company would be a net loss for me, and would mean nothing at all to them.[/QUOTE]It's more of an awareness thing for me; I wanted people to know of the shady dealings.

[quote name='Jodou']I'm just very disappointed to see a game I've been following for five years have the rug pulled out from under. Sure I could still get it for 360, but I prefer customization the PC (and cheaper price for that matter) offers over the limitations of Xbox.
It's more of an awareness thing for me; I wanted people to know of the shady dealings.[/QUOTE]Someone should tell Amazon that it's not coming out for PC, since they still have it listed for PC and 360 with the updated release date.

[quote name='shrike4242']Someone should tell Amazon that it's not coming out for PC, since they still have it listed for PC and 360 with the updated release date.[/QUOTE]
Lol, I'm keeping my pre-order dammit! I'll demand that they produce a copy on PC or else.

[quote name='TLPRIME']Disappointed that this CE doesn't come with a flashlight.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I thought when I heard there was an LE coming...

Holy TriTesticle! i was planning on getting this game right from the jump, im totally getting this CE. i hope R* does a cool CE for Red Dead as well because i'll get that to.

[quote name='hobbie8046']Very risky investing in the CE of a brand new IP. Hope nobody ends up regretting the extra dough. This will certainly be a rental for me at launch.[/QUOTE]

I only buy CE's for new IPs. The known big sellers make a ton of CEs which is why you see Halo 3 Cat Helmets laying around for $40 . The true rare stuff are the unknown new IPs, like the original Bioshock, Dead Space and Mirror's Edge. I sold my Dead Space CE for over $500. You're lucky if you can even find it now... there's only one available on eBay right now and I don't see it at Amazon anymore (where I sold mine). It's almost $200 with more than 2 days left and it's not even sealed:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dead-Space-Ultr...temQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item414cdf84b4

I can't stop laughing. That big meany microsoft lied to us and the dead pc market won't get it! Hahahaha, sorry I'm a asshole..

I'm still debating about the CE, I'll probably just get standard.

[quote name='heavy liquid']I only buy CE's for new IPs. The known big sellers make a ton of CEs which is why you see Halo 3 Cat Helmets laying around for $40 . The true rare stuff are the unknown new IPs, like the original Bioshock, Dead Space and Mirror's Edge. I sold my Dead Space CE for over $500. You're lucky if you can even find it now... there's only one available on eBay right now and I don't see it at Amazon anymore (where I sold mine). It's almost $200 with more than 2 days left and it's not even sealed:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dead-Space-Ultr...temQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item414cdf84b4[/QUOTE]

Not only is it not sealed, it doesn't even include a copy of the game! Furthermore, the CE extras don't even seem all that great.

But you do have an interesting point about new IP CEs. I doubt this Alan Wake CE will be a very limited run, but it should at the very least be far less than a Halo or Gears of War game. And the extras in this Alan Wake CE are actually pretty cool.

[quote name='heavy liquid']I only buy CE's for new IPs.[/QUOTE]

QFT.

CIP: Demon's Souls.

Enjoy buying an LE of that in a few years. Or now for that matter.

[quote name='heavy liquid']I only buy CE's for new IPs. The known big sellers make a ton of CEs which is why you see Halo 3 Cat Helmets laying around for $40 . The true rare stuff are the unknown new IPs, like the original Bioshock, Dead Space and Mirror's Edge. I sold my Dead Space CE for over $500. You're lucky if you can even find it now... there's only one available on eBay right now and I don't see it at Amazon anymore (where I sold mine). It's almost $200 with more than 2 days left and it's not even sealed:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dead-Space-Ultr...temQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item414cdf84b4[/QUOTE]

Well there were only 1,000 of those Dead Space ones made. I don't think this Alan Wake one will get as much interest but I guess you never know.

[quote name='heavy liquid'] I sold my Dead Space CE for over $500. You're lucky if you can even find it now... there's only one available on eBay right now and I don't see it at Amazon anymore (where I sold mine). It's almost $200 with more than 2 days left and it's not even sealed:
[/QUOTE]

yeah, but I think that Dead Space was truly limited to 1000 copies and only handed out at a conference..not your typical CE by any means. but I sure would love to have one :D

@ssjmichael: JINX

[quote name='BingoBrown']Not only is it not sealed, it doesn't even include a copy of the game! Furthermore, the CE extras don't even seem all that great.

But you do have an interesting point about new IP CEs. I doubt this Alan Wake CE will be a very limited run, but it should at the very least be far less than a Halo or Gears of War game. And the extras in this Alan Wake CE are actually pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the extras do look really good (love developer's commenary -- Rididick did that, too), so I'll probably be getting the CE. And you're right, I was ultimately disappointed by the Dead Space extras, most of which could be found separately (art book, anime dvd), which is why I ended up selling it.

[quote name='token2k6']yeah, but I think that Dead Space was truly limited to 1000 copies and only handed out at a conference..not your typical CE by any means. but I sure would love to have one[/quote]

True... they only made 1000 of them and they could only be purchased online at the EA store site. Same with the Mirror's Edge LE, of which even fewer copies were made. Bioshock was a Gamestop exclusive which I'm sure added to it's rarity (along with it being a new IP).

[quote name='CyReN']I can't stop laughing. That big meany microsoft lied to us and the dead pc market won't get it! Hahahaha, sorry I'm a asshole..[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you'd think we were used to being shit on by now. In conclusion, fuck M$.

Actually now that I'm reading the description on joystiq.com of the abandonment of the PC version, it sounds somewhat unoffical with the "unnamed Microsoft representative":

link

So the PC might come after all. I hope I'm not raising false hope again. ;)

this game scares me its been in development for so dam long that it might have the too human thing and suck i shall wait on this

[quote name='leesiulung']Actually now that I'm reading the description on joystiq.com of the abandonment of the PC version, it sounds somewhat unoffical with the "unnamed Microsoft representative":

link

So the PC might come after all. I hope I'm not raising false hope again. ;)[/QUOTE]
Well, the fact of the matter is they have never shown any footage from the PC; it's always been 360 so the writing was on the wall long before they even hinted that it might not make it to PC. Like I said, it's bullshit to not come clean when they had to know if they would be working on the PC version still or not. I mean, I can't imagine why secrecy would be so important about a PC release.

This looks great, I have both systems and will defintely buy this. Who care about the PC. People still play on the PC? LOL

Wow, nice set. Pricey, though. I'm still not sure about this game. It looks intriguing, but I'm not sure it's a must-play. I think I'll pre-order the CE and wait for some reviews to decide if I should cancel.

[quote name='BIG5']Wow, nice set. Pricey, though. I'm still not sure about this game. It looks intriguing, but I'm not sure it's a must-play. I think I'll pre-order the CE and wait for some reviews to decide if I should cancel.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you, pre-order in-store. Wait to see a few reviews before I decide....

God I am such a sucker for collectors editions. If the developers packaged a smelly old sock of theirs in some cool casing I'd be all over that shit. Can't wait for this game.

i have heard nothing about this game. if there is a game any of you could compaire to this that is already out what would you say it is most like? i read psychological action and think condemned, so how wrong am I?

[quote name='James1221']i read psychological action and think condemned, so how wrong am I?[/QUOTE]

Pretty wrong... it's more like Silent Hill meets Twin Peaks, if that makes sense to you.

[quote name='bclagrange']Who care about the PC. People still play on the PC? LOL[/QUOTE]
What do you think a console is? Our school systems really are failing. . .

bread's done
Back