THQ Complete Pack $49.99 @ Steam (DoW2, CoH, Red Faction: Guerrilla, and more)

[quote name='nlemmon86']Is this a permanent deal or is it temporary?[/QUOTE]Through the 19th.

This is a really awesome price for a lot of games that I would like to play, but my laptop won't be able to handle most of these, and I don't think I will be getting a better one anytime soon, so I'll probably pass. I regret buying a cheap laptop because of Steam's deals.

If they wouldn't have put Company of Heroes, Shadows of Chernobyl and Titan Quest on sale the last month, I would have hopped all over this. Now, I have half the ones on the list I want. Not sure if I want to spend 50 on the other half.

I'm definitely tempted. Only have RF:G and the Titan Quest games currently. Not a bad price, but my PC game backlog is already massive plus I have ST:O to play too. Decisions decisions.

All I really want out of it is Dawn of War II, so it's better to just wait for the Gold Edition of it. Great deal though.

mf'ers. they got me. dow2 was the clincher. seriously ridiculous deal. can you imagine the insanity if there was a bundle like this for the 360?

I definitely got it. Getting a new computer soon so should be worth a hardware test at least. At most, hours of awesomeness.

Only titles I already owned were the original DoW series.

I'd go in on it if someone wanted to buy my extra copies of DoW II and the CoH games.(wink, wink, nudge nudge)

PM me if you want to get just the CoH games or Dawn of War II seeing as I already have those on Steam.(I wouldn't ask full price either, of course)

EDIT: I also have STALKER on steam, so I'd gift that one away for $4.

EDIT2: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252121

There's a thread for people who buy packs like this and end up with extra games to get rid of via Steam gifting.

I don't think any of the games in the THQ pack can be gifted to other people. I'm trying to find the steam support article saying which games do and don't.

That's definitely incorrect. You can purchase any game to specifically gift but you can't gift a copy of any game you already own from a pack. I know this definitely because I already had Unreal Tournament III and when I bought the cheap Unreal Complete Pack I didn't get an extra UT3 to gift. There are just certain ones and certain exceptions they make, like Bioshock 1 with the Bioshock 2 deal was one and there are others.

THQ Pack, in my cart gives me this message at the bottom: THQ Complete Pack: According to our records, you already own one or more of the items included in this package on Steam. If purchasing for yourself, see the Extra Copies support article to determine whether the items you already own can be shared with friends.

I hate Steam

The "Total War Mega Pack" $20.00 sale already made me bite the bullet as I had been waiting to jump on an E:TW sale.

Then, Steam comes out with this THQ pack, which I purposely avoided during the holidays as I had already spent about $150 on other games during the holiday sale.

Steam always seems to have sales during the week where I get the most work hours and thus = more money, meaning I am still as broke as I normally am every week.

Will sleep on this until the 19th!

Steam offer for the THQ pack is valid through the 19th, but does anyone know when the sale on the Impulse version expires?

EDIT: Never mind, it's through the 14th according to their banner.

Well I finally broke down today and bought it. I already owned Titan Quest games through Steam and RF:G through Impulse but the pack was just too tempting overall. Great price. The only game I have on Impulse now that I don't have on Steam is Demigod and I'm really not a fan of that game after playing it.

bread's done
Back