Uncharted: Drake's Fortune $15 at Burlington Coat Factory YMMV

RuenShock

CAG Veteran
I stumbled upon this today while looking for some cloths. They had it in a
"Great Games" section by the register. When I first looked through the bin I laughed because most of them weren't great at all, but shut up quick when I found this.

Really happy to have it, I just got a PS3 and I'm getting caught up on the exclusive games I've wanted to play.

This one was at the one located in Lakeland, FL. They had at least one other copy that I saw.

[quote name='kanwal236']holy shit they sell games there?![/QUOTE]

Ya, but the weird part is I NEVER see a games section, but near the checkout section they have shelves of games, kinda like how you would see candy/magazines at grocery stores.

The BCF near me has had these since I was in highschool, in college now, but it was always shovel ware.

Yeah, I never expected to find games there, much less any that were good. They had games for Wii, 360 and DS as well. But didn't really see any that got my attention.

Yeah, Kohls near me sells games, its borderline shovelware as well, James Pond for DS is the most interesting there. How many copies of Top Spin 3 they have is mind boggling.

I can't believe they never changed the name of that store..maybe drop the last two words and just rename it Burlington, or maybe BCF or something.

I'm surprised there not out of business from that :D

Well, I guess if they can sell dust- and dirt-covered candy at Home Depot, they might as well sell games at BCF.

Either way, good price for this game if you can find it.

I was at burlington last night wife the wife and son. I also seen a bunch of video games at the front. Mostly a bunch of kiddie games is all I noticed. Didnt really check all the games since I figured there wouldnt be anything good, maybe I should have checked some of the other games...

Target had the same deal in the past but the fact you found it there makes this an interesting post because I am sure they haven't been pick clean.

[quote name='discordman']Yeah, Kohls near me sells games, its borderline shovelware as well, James Pond for DS is the most interesting there. How many copies of Top Spin 3 they have is mind boggling.[/QUOTE]

Yeah my Kohls sells cruddy games near the cash register - every once in a while they get a decent game or two

i hate to admit this but i work at a BCF, we get games sometime mostly crap but the best thing we ever got was a bunch of copies of the GBA fire emblem games. God i regret not picking them up when we had them,

Yeah the only negative about getting the game so cheap is when you have to buy new clothes when the peta protesters throw blood on you for shopping at Burlington Coat Factory.

they should work out a promo or something.. I'm thinking each overpriced or a least big puffy jackets should just comes with a kiddy game or if your lucky like OP, a good game inside one of the locked in pockets until it's checked out at the register. I think that's a good way to stay in business and get more people to buy they're over inflated puffy jackets. Heck, if they do that with fleece I'm all over it.

But in all honesty, I have no idea how or in any way make a clothing retail synonymous with the name Burplington Coat Factory would one day sell games.. it just baffles me. I understand Ross does it since they're so random but how can anyone expect a clothing retailer with the name BC fucking F would sell games. Here's hoping FCUK would be next as it's my favorite clothing store ever.

kohls, tj maxx, now burlington.. even 7-11s and office max, doesn't surprise me if grocery stores one day carry shovelware games too.

[quote name='frpilot']kohls, tj maxx, now burlington.. even 7-11s and office max, doesn't surprise me if grocery stores one day carry shovelware games too.[/QUOTE]

They already do. I've seen Wii and DS crap at Shop Rite.

the last time i was there was last summer and they had two huge bins full of wii, ds, and ps2 shovelware. i looked through the bins for 5 minutes hoping to find something, but there was nothing. i don't think i'll bother checking

Thanks for this. Hit the two Burlingtons near me and struck gold (Uncharted for $15) at the second one. I never knew they carried software.

TIP: They stock games in two places. The first store I went to only had games back in toys (with books, DVDs, etc). So that's where I looked in the second store. But that store also had a narrow display just for games like the OP mentioned. That's where the better stuff was located.

Came in here to say that I once saw a copy of The Breakfast Club on HDDVD at a BCF and thought it was odd, but my mind was blown when I saw that the OP saw this at THE EXACT SAME ONE IN LAKELAND, WHOA DUDE! Going to go to the Lakeland Square Mall tomorrow and look for this!

[quote name='darkbase']Came in here to say that I once saw a copy of The Breakfast Club on HDDVD at a BCF and thought it was odd, but my mind was blown when I saw that the OP saw this at THE EXACT SAME ONE IN LAKELAND, WHOA DUDE! Going to go to the Lakeland Square Mall tomorrow and look for this![/QUOTE]

Damn, and here I was hoping I was the only CAG around here. Let me know if you find anything else. I was in a bit of hurry and only got a chance to look through the top 4 bins. Good luck on any other finds.

[quote name='Smallville123']Thats like Blockbuster selling individual pickles in their own juices.....oh wait.....we do now!!!!!! lol[/QUOTE]

That doesn't surprise me, there is a Movie theather not to far from me that does that.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']They already do. I've seen Wii and DS crap at Shop Rite.[/QUOTE]

I used to buy Castlevania SOTN sealed copies at Cub Foods. They were 19.89 a copy for the greatest hits version.

Son of a biscuit eater...
driving by one of these stores today and dropped in...
yep Uncharted for $14.99
thanks op

bread's done
Back