CoD4 Multiplayer Help

beaus27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
PC GAMERS:
I have been playing FPSs on the PC for years,MOH,Counter Strike,FEAR,TF2, etc and I would say, I am pretty good at FPSs. At least good enough, were I enjoy FPSs and return to them.

I bought CoD4 a year ago and recently I have put time into the multiplayer. I am on the verge of ranking up to Sergeant lvl 10.
To be frank, I keep getting my ass handed to me. Not trying to whine or bitch, but campers/squatters every turn or players sniping across the map.
My question is, if I keep playing, does the multiplayer experience improve? I am a noob, so does my class improve too were I can compete on even playing field?
In general, any tips or pointers?
Thanks,beaus27

Not really, no. Most the casual fans have moved on to MW2 whereas the more invested crowd is staying behind due to MW2's arcadey nature (Not to mention the server thing)

You will get more options as you level but it's not really a linear progression of bad weapons to good. Sure there're things like the Barrett 50 cal and desert eagle in the upper levels but if you're really not doing well then maybe it's just a game you don't or won't like.

I'll bet you're probably playing on HC servers, which would explain the excessive camping. The only people still sticking with COD4 are those that play HC/tactical realism, and the very few left that still play competitively.

Yeah don't play on hardcore servers (you'll notice you dont have a crosshair) until you feel you can hold your own. You are about 2.5 years late so there are many people who have played the game for much much longer and they know exactly where/when/how to throw nades, shoot thru walls, best camp spots, etc. Just keep playing, get more useful perks, learn the maps and timing, and you will eventually hold your own.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Not really, no. Most the casual fans have moved on to MW2 whereas the more invested crowd is staying behind due to MW2's arcadey nature (Not to mention the server thing)

You will get more options as you level but it's not really a linear progression of bad weapons to good. Sure there're things like the Barrett 50 cal and desert eagle in the upper levels but if you're really not doing well then maybe it's just a game you don't or won't like.[/QUOTE]

Wow I have not played the first one in a long time. I didn't know most have went to MW2. I thought on the PC side most hated 2.

[quote name='sendme']Wow I have not played the first one in a long time. I didn't know most have went to MW2. I thought on the PC side most hated 2.[/QUOTE]
MW2 current players ala Steam (Which is required so this is all the people playing right now) 28,864
CoD4 cuttent players ala Game Monitors 6,850 (Can't guarantee the accuracy)

bread's done
Back