Cheap Ass Gamer Supports Partners in Health - Stand With Haiti

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]12174[/IMG-R]I realize I'm a little late on this, but I wanted to let the CAG community know that I've donated 100% of Cheap Ass Gamer's January advertising revenue to Partners in Health's Haiti relief efforts. Partners in Health is an A+ rated charity with over 20 years of on-the-ground experience in Haiti.

If you've been surfing CAG (without an ad blocker), you've already helped a little bit. If you have the means, I encourage you to make an additional donation via the link below.

icon4.gif
Partners in Health - Stand with Haiti

Cheapy, that was very generous of you. Makes me glad to be part of the CAG Community. Hopefully my site will garner more hits and I could be in the position to one day do the same thing.

Cheapy you might want to change your name to something else, because you sure aren't that cheap for all the charity stuff you do. Just wanted you to know your a stand-up dude. Now I don't feel bad for buying all these games I never play.

Kudos, Cheapy. You're kinda my hero. I love that this community is only "selectively cheap". Wallets are open wide around here when it counts.

And again, the best gaming site/community around. And easily the most active and giving owner.

Very awesome Cheapy.

This is the only site where the ads are actually things I'm into once in a blue moon, I even got a coupon once for something I was waiting for on a legit site from an ad. I might be the only one on earth but yeah...... I always did want an ad blocker to protect my computer from teh evil viruses but I'm to lazy to get the add-on lol.

This was cool of you Cheapy, I wove this site..... :'(

This is a great cause and its never too late to do something. I urge all gamers whether its time or money, give back to your communities, local or worldwide. For this I applaud all who work for a better cause, not oneself but for the sake of helping others. Thank you. :applause:

Modern day Robin hood. Take from the retailers and give to the needy.

Seriously though, you do a lot of great things man. Good on ya.

[quote name='Demontooth']People surf without an ad blocker?[/QUOTE]yeah well I for one wanted to support CAG but I'm broke so I whitelisted CAG. Turns out I don't mind banner ads. The main reason to use adblock are a) pop-up/pop-under ads, b) tacky ads evenworse than the evony i'm talking 'facebook of sex' type ads and c) full screen click some random spot to remove ads d) speaking ads, any ad that makes a sound as soon as it loads I might make a blog post dedicated just to that because it's so annoying. The way I figure any site that can guarantee to avoid those three factors I'm willing to consider adding to my whitelist, CAG (sure), Penny Arcade (why not) NinjaVideo (never)

I'm glad you went with a charity outside of Red Cross. Apparently Red Cross gets most of the money and it's hard for them to distribute. Nice work Cheapy!

It's a broken country that will take decades to recover. Let's hope that the corruption improves and that the people get the protective codes and laws they need to avoid a repeat disaster.

It's a shame that Haiti is suffering... but America caused it, just like most of the terror in the world. Keep watching television and fighting over your scraps while your last shreds of freedom are stripped away. Do some research before you pay for what our government has done.

Glad to hear it, Cheapy. And don't feel bad for it being "late." Just because the Haiti quake victims have fallen out of the media spotlight doesn't mean they don't still need help. Everyone gives during the celebrity telethon. This is the time when they most need money and when it's hardest to raise it.

Can we earmark a little bit to pay for drone8888's therapy?

[quote name='drone8888']It's a shame that Haiti is suffering... but America caused it, just like most of the terror in the world. Keep watching television and fighting over your scraps while your last shreds of freedom are stripped away. Do some research before you pay for what our government has done.[/QUOTE]

HUH?????

American caused an earthquake?

he's not talking about the earthquake he speaks of the status of Haiti as corrupt, lawless, with it's leaders in exile, etc all of which contribute to a 'simple earthquake' completely devastating the capital city and the govt (as ideally proper construction foundations the entire city shouldn't have been flattened that badly, the US shouldn't have had to take over the airport to coordinate aid planes etc), and speaking as someone who has a fair bit of knowledge on Haitian history (against my will) my point to you (like to Pat Robertson) is so what?? even if I agree with you (unlike Pat) these are people who are in need and if we as a group can contribute to an organization that can help them there's no reason not to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='drone8888']It's a shame that Haiti is suffering... but America caused it, just like most of the terror in the world. Keep watching television and fighting over your scraps while your last shreds of freedom are stripped away. Do some research before you pay for what our government has done.[/QUOTE]

You're the one signed up as a soldier, right? Everyone is responsible for their own destiny, whether it be an individual, family, community, or country. We're not flawless by any means, but your comment is at the least out of place.

Way to go CAG, help those in need.

bread's done
Back