goHastings used games are in good condition?

tatotiburon

CAGiversary!
Hi, today i check this deal from goHasting in used gamed but somebody know that the used games that they sell are in good condition with the original case?

Thanks

I placed a very large order with them a few weeks ago which was shipped in multiple packages over the course of a week. As the games arrived, I was extremely happy overall.

Most of the games were complete with the original case. 2 of the games had the original cover sleeves didn't have manuals and were in "rental" dvd cases. It didn't bother me though because they were X-box games and one of them was only 88 cents anyway (Psi-ops). The discs were all either mint or near mint (probably refurbished, but I couldn't tell with a few).

Keep in mind I was taking advantage of the wildly low prices they have on a lot of last-gen used titles which I'm sure they kind of don't care as much if an Xbox version of The Warriors ($4) doesn't have the green case as I'm sure 360 titles get priority for case replacement. All the PS2 and Wii games I got were complete.

The interesting thing to note is that half of the PS2/Xbox games I got were nearly mint. It's definitely a much safer alternative for last-gen games than Gamestop's online store is.

I've ordered several games from them this year. Overall, the quality of their used games is good. All of the games I got had manuals in them but 1 or 2 had bad cases, meaning there were some scratches or cracks on them.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']So ok to assume this apply to their blu-ray / dvd movies as well?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, their dvd/blu-rays are like that too. Although there have been times I've received "rental" copies(copies they put out for rent, not those ones that are just the movie like Blockbuster used to get) from that have been resurfaced or scratched up.

But their inventory system is so screwed up, they might list something and it's actually OOS and another item listed under that title. It's happened to me multiple times. Like for example, you order The Walking Dead Season 2 and end receiving The Walking Dead Season 1 that's stickered as Season 2.

It's really hit or miss. Most of the time you get a complete good condition game. Rarely you will get something in not so nice condition. The best advice is to always order "used" and only order "previously owned" if the price is ridiculously lower (b/c the condition will most likely be worse).

The thing to worry about the most is how they ship your order. If they use a cheapo polybag mailer then most likely your game will arrive with a cracked case and tons of plastic shard remnants. If they use a proper bubble mailer then the game should arrive in great condition.

bread's done
Back