Steam: "Midweek Madness: Wings of Prey 50% Off!" ($24.99)

EliotAndrews

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Hey CAG people.
Steam has posted their Midweek Madness deal for the week:

wop_spotlight.jpg

Midweek Madness: Wings of Prey 50% Off!
"Wings of Prey is available for 50% off until Thursday!"

Wings of Prey usually goes for $49.99, so it will be $24.99 during this sale.

Wings of Prey - $24.99 (50% off) [MetaCritic: 79]

Wings of Prey Demo - Free

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in the process of posting this when I noticed the deal/news/graphic was pulled from the front page. I assume they're still going to go through with it, though.

Yeah, even when I was posting this, the price was still $49.99. Now that it's $24.99, it's official enough.

I agree, though, this is a definite skip.

was hoping for another classic game to go 50% off
skipping this one
and
glad to be saving money this midweek :D

Woah woah woah. Doesnt this game have some ridiculous install policy. Even with Steam you have a limited number of installs. Its crazy. Some people report that they couldnt install again after just three reinstalls. And whats worse is that Im not sure if the company will fix that. Id rather pay like $10 or less for a game that has that sort of DRM. Frak that.

[quote name='Reaperain']Woah woah woah. Doesnt this game have some ridiculous install policy. Even with Steam you have a limited number of installs. Its crazy. Some people report that they couldnt install again after just three reinstalls. And whats worse is that Im not sure if the company will fix that. Id rather pay like $10 or less for a game that has that sort of DRM. Frak that.[/QUOTE]

To top it all off, the DRM is the infamous Starforce.

[quote name='animalspinners']To top it all off, the DRM is the infamous Starforce.[/QUOTE]

Ya...I think...HELL NO. Its a sexy game but I say dont screw yourself by getting a game that doesnt even let you take advantage of Steam properly. Weekend sale should be better. This is a scam. Haha.

[quote name='gamer1233']Starforce made my decision really easy. I just dont understand some developers/publishers, steam is a form of drm.[/QUOTE]

Yep -- you need a connection at all times to play. Otherwise, no dice.

meh will skip, I could go for Half-Life Anthology sale right now...just saying. I never finished Half-Life because the graphics made my eyes bleed but want to play it now

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']meh will skip, I could go for Half-Life Anthology sale right now...just saying. I never finished Half-Life because the graphics made my eyes bleed but want to play it now[/QUOTE]

lol

[quote name='gamer1233']Starforce made my decision really easy. I just dont understand some developers/publishers, steam is a form of drm.[/QUOTE]

I despise all forms of DRM, but I will at least tolerate Steam when the price of the game is ridiculously good. Losing access to my collection of $5 games when Valve goes tits-up won't be the end of the world...but paying $25 to have Starforce rape and pillage my computer? Hell no.

Here's to hoping a Civ IV sale makes it way back again sometime soon, the recent Civ 5 announcement got me interested in the series again.

bread's done
Back