Frequency 2.99 Boscov's Dept Store

Squall280

CAGiversary!
I just though I post would this. I went to my local Boscov's and found the game for 2.99. Don't really know if it's much of a deal but I thought I'd give the heads up.

Frequency is a pretty good game, it pales in comparison to it's sequel Amplitude. But I say it's well worth the 2.99! (I paid 10 bucks for my copy)

Frequency is definitely worth $2.99, I think I picked mine up for around $15. I enjoyed it quite a bit more than Amplitude, especially since there were more songs that I liked.

Wow that is an awesome deal. Great game with a surprisingly good selection of music. Personally I wish DDR's music was more like this game... I mean with Frequency, you had all the DJ dance stuff, but you also had exclusive (at the time) music from Powerman 5000 and Fear Factory, and that's just awesome.

[quote name='GenDV138']Frequency is definitely worth $2.99, I think I picked mine up for around $15. I enjoyed it quite a bit more than Amplitude, especially since there were more songs that I liked.[/quote]
I guess I just liked the flat plane of Amplitude and I liked more of the songs. Both of them have many cool songs though.

[quote name='AngellicLulu'][quote name='GenDV138']Frequency is definitely worth $2.99, I think I picked mine up for around $15. I enjoyed it quite a bit more than Amplitude, especially since there were more songs that I liked.[/quote]
I guess I just liked the flat plane of Amplitude and I liked more of the songs. Both of them have many cool songs though.[/quote]

Yeah, both are great games, fun to play with friends online. Hopefully they make another game in the series sometime.

well i work at boscov's and once in awhile something will come up that is just too good to me true. I snagged a Old Stock Brand New NES that we had hidden in one of our stock areas.

Never heard of the place. Is it nation-wide, or regional? Are there any partner stores that might have the same deal in the Northwest, specifically WA?

Thanks in advance.

Somehow, I think I misplaced my copy.

yeah there website offers it for 2.99 also. there are also other games that are cheap but none worth saying.
boscovs.com
if you order anything from the site it goes through the store i work at #52 scranton pa

Josef, a friend of mine and poster on CAG, saw these $2.99 games at Boscov's (along with Frequency) off of 273 in Delaware:

- Clock Tower 3, PS2
- Future Tactics, PS2
- NBA Courtside 2002, GC
- NFL Quarterback Club 2002, GC

Eternal Darkness for GC was $4.99

I was going to order Frequency from boscovs.com, but shipping is a flat rate of $8.95. Too bad there's not a B&M Boscov's near me.

There are a handful of $2.99 - $4.99 games on their website. The shipping kind of sucks though.

NBA Inside Drive 2003 (xbox) - $2.99
Space Ace (xbox) - $4.99
Shenmue 2 (xbox) - $4.99
Clock Tower (PS2) - $2.99
Frequency (PS2) - $2.99
Spy Muppets (GBA) - $4.99
Madden 2002 (GCN) - $2.99
Darkened Skye/Out Law Golf (GCN) - $4.99
NFL Quarterbacks club 2002 (GCN) - $2.99
SX Superstar (GCN) - $4.99

ahhh...a few OK titles, but shipping kind of kills it unless you are getting multiple games.

[quote name='GenDV138']Frequency is definitely worth $2.99, I think I picked mine up for around $15. I enjoyed it quite a bit more than Amplitude, especially since there were more songs that I liked.[/quote]
aggreed

What were the main differences in gameplay between Amplitude and Frequency? I was really a big fan of Amplitude and at this price, I definitely want to give Frequency a try.

BTW, here's a link to Store Locations for Boscov's for those wondering.

[quote name='t65will']What were the main differences in gameplay between Amplitude and Frequency? I was really a big fan of Amplitude and at this price, I definitely want to give Frequency a try.[/quote]Been a while since I played them but off the top of my head... In frequency the tracks all ran along a sort of "tunnel," so like if you moved from track to track you'd be riding along the wall, along the ceiling, etc. Instead of having the tracks on a flat plane. And the multiplayer was split-screen. Plus there was a bunch of cosmetic differences, like you had a more generic indicator flying over the beats, rather than the spaceship you fly in Amplitude. Of course there were different songs, and Frequency had a "remix mode" (that may have been in Amplitude, I forget).

I picked up a $2.99 Future Tactics and $2.99 non-GH Virtua Fighter 4 at my local Boscov's over the weekend...I have a friend that runs the electronics dept there...I'll see if I can get a list of the markdowns.

bread's done
Back