Super Mario Galaxy 2 - New Trailer! - Out now

Cao Cao

CAGiversary!
fbyr88.jpg

Release Date: May 23, 2010
Metacritic page

Amazon ($20 Gaming Credit)

Transmission 1: First video in a 16 video series, click on "Next Feed" at the end of the trailer to go to the next video in the series, or go to the Wii Youtube channel to view them in any order.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qleVPr10PRw

Trailer 4/21/10
Trailer 3/31/10

GameSpot's summary of the conference demonstration

Trailer

Gameplay Montage

Last edited by a moderator:
That trailer is fuck awesome. Same track as last year, but this time orchestrated.

Logo looks different that last year though. No more U R MR GAY?

mariogalaxy2.jpg

The bigger worlds and the return of Yoshi & orchestrated music completely sold me. I was already planning on buying it on day 1 but I'm even more hyped for it now.

The Sunshine stage also looks like a nice throwback to that game. Seriously one of the most criminally underrated Mario games.

I was a little disappointed in SMG1 since I found it easy and none of the worlds really did anything for me. But this looks more promising, especially with Yoshi. The thing I'm looking forward to the most is the music. It sounds incredible.

[quote name='Ryukahn']All we need now is for Amazon to kick ass and give us a $10 video game credit for ordering :cool:[/QUOTE]

I was hoping for a repeat of TRU's $25 GC with purchase.

[quote name='Strell']I was hoping for a repeat of TRU's $25 GC with purchase.[/QUOTE]

I'm too lazy to go to TRU for it since it's over an hour round trip, and it would only end up being a $10 difference since Amazon will probably have it for like $46.99, so that $10 more would be to save on gas/time plus release day delivery! ;)

Would be a nice option for those with a TRU close though.

[quote name='icedrake523']I was a little disappointed in SMG1 since I found it easy and none of the worlds really did anything for me. But this looks more promising, especially with Yoshi. The thing I'm looking forward to the most is the music. It sounds incredible.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't go so far as to say SMG 1 disappointed me, but I too would like more of a challenge. Green mushrooms really meant nothing in the first one and only a few of the purple coin challenges were somewhat difficult.

I really thought it would be closer to the end of the year before it was released and I heard last night it was going to be released May 23rd. That's some awesome news. The first one was great. I'm gonna buy it day one. :)

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']I wouldn't go so far as to say SMG 1 disappointed me, but I too would like more of a challenge. Green mushrooms really meant nothing in the first one and only a few of the purple coin challenges were somewhat difficult.[/QUOTE]

I know the trailer might not be indicative of the difficulty, but some of those stages look pretty damn tough in the new trailer. I'm in regardless.

Another confession: I have yet to really play SMG1. I just struggle to get into 3D platformers. I've played quite a bit of NSMB Wii, though. Love a good 2D platformer. I do want to play SMG1 (and 2), but somehow I've got to find the motivation to sit down and it!

Anyone remember the U R MR GAY thing from SMG1's logo? (look at the star twinkles)

large.jpg

Here's the logo for SMG2.

n52azl.jpg

U R MIAY is spelled out by the star twinkles.

Or, if you reverse it..

YA I M R U

:whee:

Day one purchase for sure. The trailer was cool, but I noticed a few spoilers. ;) Although the bosses in Mario games are pretty easy anyway.

[quote name='crunchewy']Another confession: I have yet to really play SMG1.[/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad. I've yet to play SMG1 as well...because I'm too cheap to pay $40+ for it new. I really should start looking around for a cheap copy somewhere, maybe prices will drop now the sequel is coming out.

SMG2 had better have some really awesome pre-order bonuses for me to even consider buying it near release date.

Can't wait for this! Love Mario games

[quote name='Scorch']Anyone remember the U R MR GAY thing from SMG1's logo? (look at the star twinkles)

Here's the logo for SMG2.

U R MIAY is spelled out by the star twinkles.

Or, if you reverse it..

YA I M R U

:whee:[/QUOTE]

Hahaha

The music against that Dragon Boss sounds awesome! I wonder if Koji Kondo is making any music for this game. Also, this game looks better than I thought it would.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']I know the trailer might not be indicative of the difficulty, but some of those stages look pretty damn tough in the new trailer. I'm in regardless.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping Galaxy 2 is a bit more difficult. I loved the original, but only a handful of stars gave me trouble.

[quote name='AllTimePlumber']I'm hoping Galaxy 2 is a bit more difficult. I loved the original, but only a handful of stars gave me trouble.[/QUOTE]

I can't remember where, but I know Miyamoto said that the first game was intented to bring newcomers into the series and the second will be alot more challenging.

What can possibly be more challenging than those stupid purple coins? I stopped playing the game because of them.

I actually liked exploring the hub worlds. They should hide more surprises and secret place in them instead of eliminating them. (Where's Matt C... he can add this to his "lazy" article. I don't buy Miyamoto's excuse.)

not sure how I feel about the loss of the hub world. But the reason doesnt really make sense, I mean, its cause the game needs to be more accessible and easier? I thought this was gonna be a hard game, for the fans.

I will buy it anyway, and Im not really bothered by dropping it. But it seems odd to me.

I'm not a fan of hub worlds, so this is good if you ask me, but I wouldn't consider my opinion too much, as I've yet to get around to even playing SMG1. I'm mostly a fan of 2D Mario.

New scans from Famitsu:
http://www.imagebam.com/image/b3cbde76399069
http://www.imagebam.com/image/5693f276399071
http://www.imagebam.com/image/6ae7ed76399075
http://www.imagebam.com/image/c9173a76399080

Reveals some tidbits of information:
- A general outline of the game's intro:
Peach sends Mario an invite for stargazing and cake. The game begins in a side-scrolling World 1-1-style level, complete with cameos of the Blue and Yellow Toads. After some walking, Mario finds an injured White Luma on the ground. Bowser appears, cackles and starts his mischief. Then Mario finds himself on a Mario head planetoid piloted by a fat purple Luma, and he uses it as his spaceship.
- Multiplayer mode: It's still "assist play," but this time, the second player controls an orange Luma that can attack enemies and fetch coins/1ups.

bread's done
Back