(DEAD) 02-26-10 Amazon DotD: Rocky: The Undisputed Collection [Blu-ray] $37.99

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
:br: Blu-ray - $37.99 & eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime

Limit 3 per customer

The underdog is back. Get the ultimate Rocky Collection on Blu, including "Rocky I-V" and "Rocky Balboa". Step into the ring and own this high-def collection at a knock-out price.
Special Features
  • Disc 1: Rocky Blu-ray
  • Disc 2: Rocky 2 Blu-ray
  • Disc 3: Rocky 3 Blu-ray
  • Disc 4: Rocky 4 Blu-ray
  • Disc 5: Rocky 5 Blu-ray
  • Disc 6: Rocky Balboa Blu-ray
  • Disc 7: Rocky Anthology Bonus Disc
  • Feeling Strong Now! Game
  • Rocky Featurettes:
  • Three Rounds with Legendary Trainer Lou Duva
  • Interview with a Legend - Bert Sugar: Author/Commentator and Historian
  • The Opponents
  • In the Ring: Three-Part Making-Of Documentary
  • Steadicam: Then and Now with Garrett Brown
  • Make Up! The Art and Form with Michael Westmore
  • Staccato: A Composer’s Notebook with Bill Conti
  • The Ring of Truth
  • Behind the Scenes with John Avildsen
  • Tribute to Burgess Meredith
  • Tribute to James Crabe
  • Video Commentary with Sylvester Stallone
  • Sylvester Stallone on Dinah! (1976)
  • Stallone Meets Rocky
  • Rocky Anthology Trailers: Rocky Theatrical Trailer, Rocky Teaser Trailer, Rocky II Theatrical Trailer, Rocky III Theatrical Trailer, Rocky IV Theatrical Trailer, Rocky V Theatrical Trailer, Rocky Balboa Theatrical Trailer
  • Rocky TV Spots: Introducing Sylvester Stallone Critical Acclaim #1 Critical Acclaim #2

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want Rocky IV. I want to hear "Hearts on Fire" in surround and watch the training montage in HD. That scene always gets to me, when Adrian returns and Rocky gets his second wind before the final bout.

I'm sold! Great price, especially when Amazon is selling each individual film for $13.99, and Rocky III, IV, and V aren't even available separately.

this is very tempting.
Until I take into consideration, I've never even opened my box set of the same thing (minus balboa) on DVD.
I love the movies, but I don't think I can bite this time.

I snagged this, thanks OP (although I happened to get wind of this on Slickdeals, but I'm sure I would have seen your thread if I checked here first) I'm going to try to sell my DVD anthology set because apparently it's worth 20 bucks or so still. This is a great price for the set-- I remember wanting to pick it up at Best Buy when it was 49.99, with a 10.00 manufactuer coupon.

Rocky IV is the most sensitive movie about nuclear disarmament ever made by Sylvester Stallone. I've already bought it.

Gah. Bought this back in November when it was pretty new for $50. Definitely worth picking up if you are a fan of the series, though!

Holy crao...holy crap. Great price!.

How can i say no to this?

Quick, somebody push me over the edge!

Edit: Do these Deal of the Day have a quantity limit? As in, will it probably be sold out by mid day?

[quote name='postulio']6 80s action movies that helped define the generation for 40$?[/QUOTE]

Years the Rocky films were released:

Rocky = 1976
Rocky II = 1979
Rocky III = 1982
Rocky IV = 1985

Rocky V = 1990
Rocky Balboa = 2006

Might want to check your facts a little bit. ;)

I decided I just had to jump on this.
I've already got Rocky 1 and 6 on blu ray. I can sell them on ebay and make up about $10. And I can sell off my DVD set for another $10 (or less).
For under $7 per movie, I just can't say NO on this one.

I don't even have a Blu-Ray player yet and I'm getting this. I'm a sucker for anything Rocky. Have 4 bucks left over on a gift card, which makes it even better.

Hell yeah! I've been looking at this once a week since it came out hoping the price would go down and it finally has. Rocky is the shit. Thanks OP.

I love Rocky I thru IV. Have not ever seen V and thought VI sucked balls!

Great price and very tempting, but I think I will pass for now and hope for a $25 price later on down the road.

sadly, i received mine today and it seems like the hindge holding all the discs came broken, they need to make these cases better :x

[quote name='Jav0r']sadly, i received mine today and it seems like the hindge holding all the discs came broken, they need to make these cases better :x[/QUOTE]

Had the same thing happen to me. Also, my box set was dented on the side, so I sent it back to Amazon without even opening it. I just received my replacement today (what a great company they are), and it's in mint condition.

I do agree with you that the "hinge" is cheap, but then again it's holding 5 discs, with Rocky and the Bonus Special Features disc in the main box (7 Blu-rays in total).

I also got mine with the back of the case snapped off, but Amazon gave me 30%, so 11 bucks credited back to my card.
Not bad, since the discs are fine I'm happy the case was broken now.

ended up snaggin this off ebay for 36.50.

Is this a decent set as far as extras go? Or are the extras just dumb stuff they tacked on to make the set 'bulkier'

bread's done
Back