AVATAR Blu-ray SteelBook™ (Import)

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
For now, none of the USA or Canada won't release Avatar on Blu-ray or DVD SteelBook™ or any other special edition until later this year due to Director's command, not the Studio. Most likely, I'll be importing this elsewhere. I'll compile a list that will release as a SteelBook™.

Australia
EzyDVD Exclusive Collector's Tin (Not a SteelBook™)
811450.jpg

Price: $36.34 AU ($32.23)
Release Date: TBA
Link: EzyDVD.com.au

China
TaoBao Exclusive
Price: 200 Yuan ($29.30)
Release Date: April 30, 2010
Link: TaoBao.com

Denmark
BlockBuster Exclusive (Blu-ray/DVD Combo-Pack)
PROD429447_jpg.jpg

Price: 199,95 DDK ($36,40)
Release Date: April 27, 2010
Link: BlockBuster.dk

Sweden
DiscShop Exclusive (Blu-ray/DVD Combo-Pack)
80454.jpg

Price: 249 Knonor ($35.24)
Release Date: April 28, 2010
Link: Disc Shop

Thailand
Boomerang Exclusive (Single Disc)
Price: 1,290 Baht ($39.52)
Release Date: April 29, 2010
Link: Boomerang Shop

United Kingdom
Amazon.co.uk (Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack, Art Card & Survival Guide)
51CA2R48ecL._AA300_.jpg

Price: £21.27 ($32.59)
Release Date: April 26, 2010
Link: Amazon

HMV.com (Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack, Art Card & Survival Guide)

Price: £24.99 ($38.28)
Link: HMV

Play's Exclusive (Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack, Art Card, Survival Guide plus Free Glow-In-The-Dark T-Shirt)
13858078a.jpg

Price: £24.99 ($38.28)
Link: Play

Last edited by a moderator:
The one from Play.com is that a steelbook or tin? Might be worth it just to check out the survival guide.

[quote name='sendme']The one from Play.com is that a steelbook or tin? Might be worth it just to check out the survival guide.[/QUOTE]

They don't seem to clearly specify it in the listing, but if the picture is accurate, then the spine definitely looks like a steelbook.

Anyways, I'll buy whatever collector's shit they put out, but I was really hoping they wouldn't be using this key art for the cover. It's the worst, by far. It hardly even looks like the Na'vi do in the movie.

YGuys can't you read the title? It does say STEELBOOK. For the record, Tin doesn't have a spine nor hinge door, it pops out open.

I only asked because in the one you said it was a tin. I just wanted to make sure it was a steelbook.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']YGuys can't you read the title? It does say STEELBOOK.[/QUOTE]

This would have sounded 25% less douchey if your very first item in this supposed STEELBOOK ONLY!!!!1!! thread of yours didn't include "tin (not a steelbook)".

[quote name='Kerig']This would have sounded 25% less douchey if your very first item in this supposed STEELBOOK ONLY!!!!1!! thread of yours didn't include "tin (not a steelbook)".[/QUOTE]

Agreed... It seems like PiNOY is getting back to the old ways again. I remember the non steelbook cluttered DVD/Blu Ray forums. But that's gone. :cry:

Play.com updated the UK version with video of the inside artwork of the SteelBook as well as adding a free T-shirt:

13858078a.jpg

Now it includes:

*With FREE Glow-in-the-dark Avatar T-shirt worth £14.99!
*Full Book (203 pages) - a confidential report on the biological and social history of Pandora- activist survival guide- field notes and other data from the Resources Development Administration's xenobiological research and scientific labs have been compiled as a guide to the many unique aspects of the mood Pandora.
*4 Lenticular Art Cards

Any know yet if the Amazon.uk version will be compatible with Region A players?

Also, unless I somehow missed it or can't find it.. is there any way to order from play.com being in the U.S.?

[quote name='shrike4242']Don't bother picking this one up, since they're going to triple-dip it:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4298

Once for the release coming up next month, once in the late fall with "expanded" content, and a third one that's 3D.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I read this earlier today and was kinda irritated...
I love how they spin it to sound like they're doing us a favor "in order to maximize audio and video quality"
What a lame excuse to try and justify a double/triple dip.
I will just be patient and wait until November.

[quote name='Darknuke']so us U.S. ppl can't get this? I tried ordering it on play.com and couldn't without a European address... boo =([/QUOTE]Normally when you see one of these threads, you normally can't order it directly to a US address. It all depends on the site in question.

Amazon.co.uk, yes, you can order from there and have it sent to your US address. Same goes for Amazon.ca.

[quote name='integrafied1']Yeah, I read this earlier today and was kinda irritated...
I love how they spin it to sound like they're doing us a favor "in order to maximize audio and video quality"
What a lame excuse to try and justify a double/triple dip.
I will just be patient and wait until November.[/QUOTE]That's why I'm waiting until November before picking it up on BR, especially since there's a rumor we'll be getting an "extended cut" theatrical re-release of it in the fall with 20+ additional minutes of footage.

All the multi releases are Camerons doing. As much as I hate to say it but it is. He did not want the 3d one to be out yet and it looks like we might not see that till some time next year.

[quote name='OuTrAgE']Looks like it will total about $38 for the Steelbook from Amazon.co.uk. I'm tempted to order, but not sure.[/QUOTE]

I'm grabing that for sure. I'm a sucker for steelbooks.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I'm getting Danish version for sure because Denmark is a birthplace where SteelBook were born. :D[/QUOTE]

How much money do you make to ALWAYS be buying 20 million different steelbooks, and how do I get some so I can always buy steelbooks lol

[quote name='Mako1215']How much money do you make to ALWAYS be buying 20 million different steelbooks, and how do I get some so I can always buy steelbooks lol[/QUOTE]

How do any of us get money to buy games? It's the same as any collecting. Nerds using money unwisely, basically.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']How do any of us get money to buy games? It's the same as any collecting. Nerds using money unwisely, basically.[/QUOTE]

I was just saying, because he buys every steelbook known to man lol

Confirmed. I went to Best Buy today and saw a huge poster AD showing "Free Avatar Blu-ray SteelBook with pre-order, $5 deposit required" at the endcap. Its Blu-ray sized with special artwork inside. Pre-Order starts next week Sunday April 4, 2010. The SKU number is 9862368.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Confirmed. I went to Best Buy today and saw a huge poster AD showing "Free Avatar Blu-ray SteelBook with pre-order, $5 deposit required" at the endcap. Its Blu-ray sized with special artwork inside. Pre-Order starts next week Sunday April 4, 2010. The SKU number is 9862368.[/QUOTE]

Well shit If I can snag me one of these then I will cancel my amazon UK order.

[quote name='Mako1215']Well shit If I can snag me one of these then I will cancel my amazon UK order.[/QUOTE]Same here. Hello "free" steelbook.

How is it free and if they have this I might actually bite on it at best buy. That way when the better one comes out I will just get it and put it in the steelbook.

[quote name='sendme']How is it free and if they have this I might actually bite on it at best buy. That way when the better one comes out I will just get it and put it in the steelbook.[/QUOTE]

They say it's "free", but it's really only 5$ since you have to pre-order it.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']
gotcha2010-header.png
[/QUOTE]
If thats true your seriously an A-hole as its not april 1st anymore; so jokes aside some of us canceled our preorder thinking we could get it locally after seeing this and now I need to preorder again due to what you thought was funny. I hope you get a temp ban as that would be funny for me.

[quote name='blissskr']If thats true your seriously an A-hole as its not april 1st anymore; so jokes aside some of us canceled our preorder thinking we could get it locally after seeing this and now I need to preorder again due to what you thought was funny. I hope you get a temp ban as that would be funny for me.[/QUOTE]
I posted yesterday at 10pm PST. By the time I woke up, I was like loled!!!

[quote name='Mako1215']Is Avatar going to be region free?

Specially the Amazon UK one.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone confirm what region the UK will play in? I would like to import it if possible and play it on my PS3. Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.

TIA

[quote name='Mako1215']How much money do you make to ALWAYS be buying 20 million different steelbooks, and how do I get some so I can always buy steelbooks lol[/QUOTE]

He basically uses the money from defrauding Amazon to buy these steelbooks.

[quote name='maximus101']He basically uses the money from defrauding Amazon to buy these steelbooks.[/QUOTE]

This. I really think that he deserved to be permabanned for that "Avatar steelbook at Best Buy" stunt (that he didn't even remotely time right for April Fool's). I've had it with this guy.

[quote name='Mako1215']I was just saying, because he buys every steelbook known to man lol[/QUOTE]
The guy uses the same handle on blu-ray.com, dvdtalk, and a few other BD/videogame related sites. This stuff is probably his full-time job.

[quote name='DetroitSportsFan']The back of the standard UK release. Looks like it's region A/B.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info...just one more question for clarification please....With an A/B region, it WILL play in US based Blu-Ray players, correct?

[quote name='heathen3017']Thanks for the info...just one more question for clarification please....With an A/B region, it WILL play in US based Blu-Ray players, correct?[/QUOTE]
Correct, our US Blu-Ray player are region A, so it'll play with no problem.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Correct, our US Blu-Ray player are region A, so it'll play with no problem.[/QUOTE]

Not all US BluRay players can play PAL content. So while you will be able to watch the movie without any problems, any special features that are not in HD will be in the PAL SD format.

[quote name='ytsejam1138']Not all US BluRay players can play PAL content. So while you will be able to watch the movie without any problems, any special features that are not in HD will be in the PAL SD format.[/QUOTE]

Good thing the initial DVD/Bluray release has no special features whatsoever.

bread's done
Back