Free One Yr Subscription to XBN (Xbox Nation)

XBN > OXM article wise I get OXM for the demos, but XBN isn't chock full of fanboys. This is a great mag, and now it's monthly.

" I doubt it comes with demos, but any video game mag for free is worth it. "

It won't come with demos because it doesn't have them :lol: Good mag btw though.

It's for rewardsgold though and as someone pointed out before they have no homepage which is strange so now I feel like I shouldn't have filled one out earlier. Hope it all goes well though.

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin']Is that mag any good? Come with demo's?[/quote]

Think of it as the Nintendo Power of Xbox magazines. The same can be said for OXM. And no, there aren't any demos.

Maybe it's just me, but XBN and OXM both seem like complete and utter crap to me...

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus'][quote name='Medium_Pimpin']Is that mag any good? Come with demo's?[/quote]

Think of it as the Nintendo Power of Xbox magazines. The same can be said for OXM. [/quote]

I don't see it that way at all. Nintendo Power and OXM are complete fluff magazines, officially sanctioned propaganda put out by the same companies that promote their respective consoles and games. Xbox Nation has no affiliation with Microsoft and is completely independent. Their only goal is to put out and sell a good magazine, not sell the system and games.

I think the difference is clear. Xbox Nation's articles are much more substantive and critical of Xbox than either OXM or Nintendo Power are where their consoles are concerned. OXM and Nintendo Power have nothing negative to say about their systems.

XBN is pretty good. Started getting it free as some sort of 'IT professional' deal, along with some IT crap.

First off, XBOX Nation is a very good mag. Secondly, it is not an official mouthpiece. I read almost all of the mags on the market (except Gamenow) . . . sometimes the official ones (Nintendo Power, OPM, OXM) have decent articles and info. The unofficial ones are usually better in their reporting--I prefer Game Informer of EGM. Thirdly, these free subs are kinda hit or miss . . . when you pay for a sub from the publisher you will get it in a month, when you pay through a broker you will get it in two months (I paid $5 for Xbox Nation for instance), and when it is free you will get it in three months (50-50 if you are lucky). Hopefully, I can add a year through this promo 8)

I have gotten a lot of free subs, but not nearly all of the ones that I've signed up for . . . the reason they are free is that publishers need to have higher numbers and giving out some freebies bumps them up. Plus, they hope to spread word-of-mouth and maybe even hook you.

My bro had a sub to the Official Playstation Mag--I thought i was dumb . . . he gave me the issues and demos when he was done . . . I got hooked.

i started my subscription last year for only 5 bucks at magazinevalues.com........really good deal though they take a couple of months to start sending you issues........anyways, xbox nation is the first gaming magazine that i trust somewhat as far as reviews.......the articles are really interesting too

That does remind me of how horrible Nintendo Power is. They give every game 5 stars out of 5.

Their reviews are always glowing and ecstatic it's ridiculous.

I subscribe to nintendo power, but only because i am a sucker for anything that has pictures on the bindings. I never read their reviews but sometimes the articles are half way decent, but their letters are always from little kids and are never very entertaining. I hit the XBN subscription and it went through, heres hoping i actually get it.

[quote name='yellowaznboy']I posted this in the Magazine thread under Non-Gaming Deals and Requests.[/quote]

lol, yea! it's a repost... but thanks nonetheless. maybe some people missed out.

btw, thanks yellowaznboy for the og post. i got in before they "ran out." :D

[quote name='doraemonkerpal'][quote name='yellowaznboy']I posted this in the Magazine thread under Non-Gaming Deals and Requests.[/quote]

lol, yea! it's a repost... but thanks nonetheless. maybe some people missed out.

btw, thanks yellowaznboy for the og post. i got in before they "ran out." :D[/quote]

No problem. I'm glad you got in on it.

Btw, I only brought it here, and didn't see it anywhere else, so hopefully a lot of CAGers got in on it. =)

bread's done
Back