Brutal Legend $19.99 - New MSRP

Fearbeard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I didn't see any threads about this but when I was at EB earlier today I saw Brutal Legend for the Xbox 360 priced at $19.99 on the shelves. Used price was 17.99. Online price is still $39.99. I was in a rush so I didn't check out the PS3 section.

I had picked it up at Best Buy with the $20 coupon last month and I'm not sure if they were conpeting with that or what, but the price surprised me.

edit: Apparently it's the new MSRP so look for it to drop to this price everywhere.

[prices=360]Brutal Legend[/prices]
[prices=ps3]Brutal Legend[/prices]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh, I just saw it was $19.99 at amazon too. I wasn't aware the MSRP had dropped. It's still listed $39.99 at a few places, like bestbuy.com and gamestop.com but we'll likely see those go down in a few days.

wow 5 months and the game's MSRP is down to $20? What a failure of a game, I saw it coming. This game had failure written all over it. Thankfully this was Tim Schafer's last failure, he said if the game didn't sell well it would be his last.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']wow 5 months and the game's MSRP is down to $20? What a failure of a game, I saw it coming. This game had failure written all over it. Thankfully this was Tim Schafer's last failure, he said if the game didn't sell well it would be his last.[/QUOTE]

It was fairly well received by reviewers and sold about 1 million copies across both platforms, so I'd hardly call that a failure.

Got this game as a gift when it came out so I really can't be too disappointed that it dropped so quickly. Do yourself a favor and pick it up for this price.

Do it for the Schafer.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']wow 5 months and the game's MSRP is down to $20? What a failure of a game, I saw it coming. This game had failure written all over it. Thankfully this was Tim Schafer's last failure, he said if the game didn't sell well it would be his last.[/QUOTE]

The game actually received respectable scores and reviews. I am personally glad it dropped this quick because I have been waiting to play it but of course I am a gamer with a budget. I am looking forward to picking this up soon now.

Glad to see you were cheering for this game to fail though. That's what we need more of... Have you at least played this game? I would hope so before you started hating on it.

I'm going to check my local BBV to see if they've got a used copy for $10. That's a price point I don't think I could resist. They didn't have any last time I checked, but there is another BBV nearby (or at least there was - BBVs are dropping like flies, it seems) that I haven't checked in a while.

Man, I was a dumbass for buying this when it came out. Still got it in the wrapper. Just part of my backlog. Although I did get it as part of Best buy's B2G1F sale.

Ive been looking at this game since the Demo.
I would have bought it for $60 but i rarely Replay non-multiplayer games
After I get bored of battlefield ill pick Brutal Legend up, it was a great demo

[quote name='spectre666']I guess I'll be picking it up when I pick up BC2. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

Amen. Last time I do that. Should have just saved my money.

[quote name='sstcrush']Ive been looking at this game since the Demo.
I would have bought it for $60 but i rarely Replay non-multiplayer games
After I get bored of battlefield ill pick Brutal Legend up, it was a great demo[/QUOTE]

In case you've completely missed the coverage of the game, just be warned that the demo isn't wholly representative of the game experience. The demo makes it seem mostly like a third-person hack-and-slash, but as you get into the game, you find that the main battles are actually RTS-style affairs.

I enjoyed the game, more for the story, humor, and overworld than the RTS-style battles. Got about 3/4 of the way through it before getting stuck and moving on to other games. Definitely worth $20 or less though.

i picked this up during the B2G1 at TRU back in october, and it actually didn't hold my attention. traded it in for $30 with EDGE at GME - then i saw it on the BB gamer zone thread and picked it up last week for $20. this game is great for $20.

Don't expect Psychonauts with this game. This game turns to shit about halfway in, but I daresay the first half alone and atmosphere still make it worth $20.

will probably nab this tonight before work. i kept thinking that with the hidden rts gameplay that it might lose it's overwhelming fun halfway through, but i feel like $20 is a good price. thanks, op.

The game is not that bad, its actually pretty good. Sure it had alot of different elements in it and playing a RTS on a controller was a bit weird, but after getting used to it, it wasn't that bad. Multiplayer was really fun.

I bought it when GS was having the deal 'trade 2 in and get it for $20'. I beat it months ago and traded it back in at GS for $30 when they had those stackable deals.

Thats actually a good deal for $20. I might pick it back up sometime and finish my hard or brutal run and pick up the rest of the trophies.

Well, that's annoying... I just bought it last week at Target for $30. I thought I was being a good CAG! ;) I already opened it and started playing, which is very rare for me, so no return. Very good deal at $20.

Let's get together and iron out those online trophies - Velo214 psn - Sentinel you can rebuy at gamestop and return the sealed game with your target receipt...? save $10?

The only Blockbuster left around me never sells used games. I asked the employees and they said they didn't even know that any Blockbusters ever did it...

Hopefully amazon will get it back in stock soon. I want to bite on this deal and use an amazon gift code as well ;)

[quote name='phragit']I wish the games I didn't buy on release dropped this quickly[/QUOTE]

Agreed! Every year I do the Toys R Us buy 2, get 1 sale to get three new releases, and every year at least two of the three I buy drop in price significantly before I even have a chance to unwrap the ones I bought. Brutal Legend was one of the three I got this year, and I just opened it for the first time last week.

It's tough though - I do like to show support for games once in a while by paying full price when they are released. I am currently debating buying Heavy Rain now to support the developers trying something different, but I know if I do it will drop to $30 or less before I get a chance to play it.

I bought it regular price and got a lot of enjoyment out of it, so it's definitely worth it at $20. The RTS bits are a little weak, but not nearly as terrible as people make them out to be. There are also only a handful of them, so it's not like the entire game plays that way (rough guess - maybe 10 of them total? They usually occur around major plot events)

$20 seems like the right price for this, but I have no idea when I would have time to play it. Heavy Rain, Battlefield, MLB 10, FFXIII, and GoWIII all deserve to be played over this. Maybe I'll get to it this summer.

Brutal Legend is a lot of fun, but it's a testament to failed marketing and a misunderstanding of design.

It's an RTS, though Schafer and EA both believe hardcore that it's a 3rd person action game with RTS elements. It's far more of the opposite though. The RTS elements in play are more important, while in balance they weren't looked at well enough. (How to win in multiplayer- Choose Ironheade, SPAM FIRE BARONS)

The atmosphere, story and humor more than make up for any shortcomings though. Well worth your time and $20.

bread's done
Back