* * * * * 2 votes

Game of Thrones discussion thread - Season 5 debuts April 12th

#1951 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   48153 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:37 PM

I think she knows what kind of monster Littlefinger really is, it was pretty apparent in her meeting with him earlier this season. Granted, she doesn't know the true depth of what he's done but she knows he's not to be trusted.

I'm thinking there's a chance he's the one being played this time. He's always ahead of the curve but I'm hoping this time he's the one who gets blindsided and by Sansa of all people.

Also, it wasn't just Littlefinger who threw the whole Game of Thrones into play. Varys also created instability by backing Viserys (and later Daenarys) pact with the Dothraki. It's not explicitly stated (in the show anyway) but it's entirely possible that Illyrio even received the dragon eggs to give to Daenarys from Varys.

That led to the initial conflict between Ned and Robert because Robert wanted Daenarys assassinated and Ned wouldn't do it. They patched things up from there but nevertheless Varys was working behind the scenes to undermine Robert.

Also, is it just me or are things looking really, really bad for the Lannisters now? I mean, be prepared for Cersei and Jamie to be dead next season at the latest, bad. If they make it through this High Sparrow business, they've still got a laundry list of enemies to deal with. There's the Starks who are now back in control of the North, there's Elaria Sand in control of House Martell now, you've got the joined armies of Daenarys and Yara Greyjoy, and their alliance with House Tyrell continues to deteriorate. They are basically against the whole kingdom at this point. Oh, and then there's those White Walkers...

Sansa know Littlefinger really wants her and she knows how to use it against him.  How far she's going to take it remains to be seen as well.   How much he gets played also remains to be seen.

Littlefinger and Varys were responsible for the whole goings-on since Day 1, though they were doing it from different angles to the same end.  Varys is always working for "what's best for the realm", which in his mind wasn't Robert on the throne.  Next best option would be putting Viserys or Daenerys on the throne, which is why he worked to get them safe into Essos via Illyrio's work.  That's one thing that was excluded from the books was Tyrion's meeting with Ilyrio in Pentos and his way to Valyria.   Gives some nice background on that part of the story.

I think Cersei has something she's working on with Qyburn as an alternate plan since she can't use trial by combat any longer.  If next week's episode doesn't end up with

Spoiler
, I'll be surprised. 

There's a LOT to try and work out by the end of the last episode and they're going to take 69 minutes to do it, since we have a super-supersized episode as a finale. 

#1952 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   48153 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:41 AM

HOLY Fuck!

#1953 ChiefBrody1027   40th Anniversary CAG CAGiversary!   697 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

ChiefBrody1027

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:45 AM

HOLY Fuck!

That's how a finale should be. That was awesome.

Chief_Brody_1027.png

#1954 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   9585 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 05:58 AM

Um so yeah that one reveal in the last 10 minutes that the one person came from that other person was uhhh ... an atom bomb of a reveal to say the least.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around what this means.  It's confusing because a lot of it was mentioned back in the beginning so I'm searching online to understand the reverberating implications.  But wow....

Now playing:

:ps4: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Overwatch

:vita: Zero Time Dilemma

#1955 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   5835 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:02 AM

I kind of knew about it but the reveal was still emotional and powerful. So how did 

Spoiler

#1956 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   48153 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 12:55 PM

The short episode-to-episode travel times were a bit irritating, though the thing is, Iron Islands to Mereen is a much longer distance than Dorne to Mereen, as Dorne is one of the most southern points of Westeros.

Mereen to Dorne is a straight west travel, where Iron Islands to Mereen involved sailing south down most of the north-south distance of Westeros. 

#1957 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11998 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 01:38 PM

Best season since the first one. All the pieces came together finally and every storyline paid off. That big reveal will send shockwaves once it's fully realized but for now only the audience and one person know about it. Meanwhile, winter is here and epic battles are going to break out soon, but who and when? This is getting intense!

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#1958 slowdive21   PUT SOME RESPECK ON MY NAME CAGiversary!   12144 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:09 PM

I thought it was kinda meh. They basically wrapped up/set up things. I haven't read the books, but the only surprise was

potential show and book spoiler:

Spoiler

#1959 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 27 June 2016 - 03:16 PM

I thought it was kinda meh. They basically wrapped up/set up things. I haven't read the books, but the only surprise was
potential show and book spoiler:

Spoiler

Not necessarily,
Spoiler

#1960 slowdive21   PUT SOME RESPECK ON MY NAME CAGiversary!   12144 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 27 June 2016 - 03:26 PM

Not necessarily,

Spoiler

I also read that:

Spoiler

#1961 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   48153 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 05:09 PM

I also read that:

Spoiler

That's the current thought of what happened. 

Spoiler

#1962 Indignate   Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess! CAGiversary!   17764 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 05:23 PM

A vote for Littlefinger is a vote for our future against the zombie hoard.

#makewesterosgreatagain

I play bad games

If anyone isn't going to use their code I'd love them forever.

I don't like Godzilla.

There are just so many un-Godzilla like things it should be easy to see why people didn't like it (also the annoying cast). Zilla being killed by missiles was the biggest thing that bothered me Godzilla is supposed to be far stronger than that. The army shouldn't be able to hurt Godzilla unless they are using something like MechaGodzilla or Moguera.

#1963 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 27 June 2016 - 09:03 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1964 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   48153 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 09:09 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1965 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   5835 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 27 June 2016 - 09:20 PM

I think I rewatched episode 9 about 5 times and the season finale 3 times already. This season was so good that when there's nothing to watch I just go straight to episode 9.

#1966 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   9585 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 10:21 PM

Ok so can somebody please disclose
Spoiler

Now playing:

:ps4: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Overwatch

:vita: Zero Time Dilemma

#1967 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   5835 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 27 June 2016 - 11:59 PM

Ok so can somebody please disclose

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1968 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   5835 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:56 AM

The short episode-to-episode travel times were a bit irritating, though the thing is, Iron Islands to Mereen is a much longer distance than Dorne to Mereen, as Dorne is one of the most southern points of Westeros.

Mereen to Dorne is a straight west travel, where Iron Islands to Mereen involved sailing south down most of the north-south distance of Westeros. 

That make sense. 

Spoiler

I thought this was pretty neat too:

Spoiler

#1969 Indignate   Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess! CAGiversary!   17764 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:16 AM

Claims don't mean anything. Its the person with the bigger army.

Dany wins.

I play bad games

I don't like Godzilla.

There are just so many un-Godzilla like things it should be easy to see why people didn't like it (also the annoying cast). Zilla being killed by missiles was the biggest thing that bothered me Godzilla is supposed to be far stronger than that. The army shouldn't be able to hurt Godzilla unless they are using something like MechaGodzilla or Moguera.

#1970 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2014 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Invicta 61

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:37 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#1971 Indignate   Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess! CAGiversary!   17764 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:47 AM

He's a halfling.

Like Frodo.

I play bad games

I don't like Godzilla.

#1972 Dokstarr   Tap, Snap or Nap CAGiversary!   2100 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 01:38 PM

Dany wins.

That is pretty much the world of GoT. The Targs conquered everyone and became the rulers. Then Robert got pissed and conquered everything. And now Dany is pissed and wants to conquer it back.

#1973 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11998 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:36 PM

Dany wins.

Dany has no battlefield experience other than overwhelming other armies or simply using her dragons. At least one of her dragons will fall in an upcoming battle and it will shatter her army's confidence. She is also nothing without Tyrion to guide her at this point, so who is really in charge there? That said, I doubt Jon even wants the throne at this point but is more than willing to join forces to defeat the whitewalkers.

Regardless, of the three contesting the throne at this point, Jon would be the best fit as he's the most well-rounded and experienced to rule. Cersi is too bitter and cold now to rule fairly, Dany too ignorant and in constant need of men's council to lead, but Jon has always just bit the bullet and done what was needed. He is a natural leader, one the seven kingdoms need.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#1974 sp00ge   Hey guys, I'm a turd! CAGiversary!   11453 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2016 - 04:45 PM

Dany has no battlefield experience other than overwhelming other armies or simply using her dragons. At least one of her dragons will fall in an upcoming battle and it will shatter her army's confidence. She is also nothing without Tyrion to guide her at this point, so who is really in charge there? That said, I doubt Jon even wants the throne at this point but is more than willing to join forces to defeat the whitewalkers.

Regardless, of the three contesting the throne at this point, Jon would be the best fit as he's the most well-rounded and experienced to rule. Cersi is too bitter and cold now to rule fairly, Dany too ignorant and in constant need of men's council to lead, but Jon has always just bit the bullet and done what was needed. He is a natural leader, one the seven kingdoms need.

Except Jon isn't that great of a leader. He ignores advice from those who were close with the enemy (Sansa) and acts too much on emotions, as the Battle of the Bastards clearly illustrated.  Ramsey played him like a fiddle and Jon's irrational actions cost him the battle, if it weren't for Sansa going behind his back and bringing in backup.

I think the Leeroy Jenkins video pretty much sums it up:

To his credit, he knows how to rally his troops, but how long will that last when he just keeps marching his men into certain death?

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1975 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11998 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2016 - 04:56 PM

I respect someone that takes risks over assured victory by numbers. He fought regardless the odds. That's the mark of a warrior.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#1976 sp00ge   Hey guys, I'm a turd! CAGiversary!   11453 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:24 PM

He foolishly ran out into battle when he should have been commanding his men.  Had he held back, then yes, backup may have not been necessary, but instead he ran out to try to save his brother (whom Sansa already said Ramsey would not let survive).  He tried to be a hero on all fronts, instead of sticking to the plan, and ended up looking like a buffoon.  And if not for Sansa, he'd be a dead one.

There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity, and sometimes they occupy the same space.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1977 RoboSonic   Playing some Soul Reaver 2 CAGiversary!   189 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:52 PM

He foolishly ran out into battle when he should have been commanding his men.  Had he held back, then yes, backup may have not been necessary, but instead he ran out to try to save his brother (whom Sansa already said Ramsey would not let survive).  He tried to be a hero on all fronts, instead of sticking to the plan, and ended up looking like a buffoon.  And if not for Sansa, he'd be a dead one.

There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity, and sometimes they occupy the same space.

Exactly. I couldn't believe that he went and did that.

But... talk about one hell of a season. A real nail biter right up to the end.