ModNation Racers PS3 $39 Pre-order at Overstock

psychoxfoo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
38.94 to be exact, plus 2.95 shipping. It says release date is 6/15 though I know on other sites it says 6/1.
Do note though that it says you will be charged immediately as pointed out here: https://help.overstock.com/cgi-bin/overstock.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=96
"In order to assure you receive Overstock.com's low price on this item, your credit card will be charged upon order placement. The item will ship immediately upon release."

If anyone is still interested, here ya go http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movies-Music-Games/PS3-ModNation-Racers/4133296/product.html
Don't forget Bing 5% cashback http://www.bing.com/search?q=overstock+cashback&form=QBRE&qs=n&sc=1-18

edit--- for skeptics, "You can initiate a return for most new and unopened items (this includes games)within 30 days of delivery for a full refund.* You must return items in new or unused condition with all original materials included with the shipment. We must receive your returned items at our processing facility within 45 days of delivery. We inspect all returned items and award a partial refund for opened or used products. If the return is a result of our error or defective product, we will refund the full cost of the merchandise and shipping charges."

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like a great deal. I preordered with Amazon already but I am still debating whether to cancel or not... Guess I'll check the cancellation policy with overstock. Thanks for the link.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Are you sure this isnt for the PSP version ?? I know it says PS3 but what if its a mistake .... will they honor it ?[/QUOTE]

Yeah could possibly be a mistake, but it does note that it's 32% off of Amazon's price, and also since you will be charged immediately, I'm guessing you will hold record of the item description as "PS3 Modnation Racers," to which you can use to easily counter any disputes that might come up.

wouldnt surprise me if its a lower price point when it finally comes out and then has a ton of pay nickel and dime DLC

Good deal, but I think I'll wait for reviews (or a demo) on this one. Thanks op.

I would watch overstock.com. I just ordered a game and after i paid for it they changed the website to say it was preowned. That is bait and switch. Needless to say i am returning it at their expense. Bad business practices.

is mod nation racers even on psp? also how fast is there shipping i am really interested in this game and if i can get it for $40 count me in

[quote name='dimeadz']I would watch overstock.com. I just ordered a game and after i paid for it they changed the website to say it was preowned. That is bait and switch. Needless to say i am returning it at their expense. Bad business practices.[/QUOTE]

This.

Overstock is beyond shady, and attempts to get them to honor purchases as advertised fall short - you're lucky to get your money back. Avoid if possible.

I've been playing the beta and its a ton of fun. I don't usually enjoy racers but I have to say, this game's multiplayer is absolutely fantastic.

Overstock will not honor the price mistake, orders will be canceled and money will be refunded (they charge immediately and they will refund you when the price mistake is discovered, which is when the game is shipped). This is from experience, so don't get excited over nothing.

I pre-ordered this a couple weeks ago. Guess we'll see what happens. If they cancel the order and refund the charge, no big loss.

[quote name='bmachine']Says it's sold out. How can a pre-order be sold out?[/QUOTE]

That happens all the time. Amazon is another good example. Most vendors only have a certain amount of the product available for a pre-order and it is better to just say you are sold out when that limit is reached instead of putting people in limbo while waiting for more product to come in or canceling pre-orders since you offered too many.

The "sold out" in this case perhaps a red flag raised in the internal system... why so many people pre-ordering this game? Oh, we got the price wrong! Doh!

[quote name='Serpentor']The "sold out" in this case perhaps a red flag raised in the internal system... why so many people pre-ordering this game? Oh, we got the price wrong! Doh![/QUOTE]

Hahah yeah. Either that or when they were about to enter info for the PSP version of the game, they were scratching their head on why the price for that was the same for the PS3 version. Uh oh!

[quote name='mook8515']Just ordered using paypal. How long does it take to get the bing cashback confirmation?[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering that too, preordered one, figured I'd give it a shot :)

Edit: Just got the cashback of $2.73 about 15 min later...

I had thought this game was just a PSN game. I can't imagine paying full price for a racing game. I did it for Mario Kart Wii, but I had people I was playing with locally. Plus, Mario games tend to retain their used value extremely well. Does this game allow motion controls for steering? Normal controls aren't as much fun.

[quote name='carbontiger']Dead @ Overstock. Thanks to the douche that SD'ed it.[/QUOTE]

PM me. I think I can help u out.

[quote name='kyoichi']PM me. I think I can help u out.[/QUOTE]You bought like 50 copies and killed it, didn't you? ;)

Got mine cancelled today.

Did anyone else get a second email that said their order was not cancelled?

Although I checked my order status on the website, it still says cancelled.

[quote name='stevelee2k']Got mine cancelled today.

Did anyone else get a second email that said their order was not cancelled?

Although I checked my order status on the website, it still says cancelled.[/QUOTE]

They emailed and called me and said I received the cancellation email by error and that my item will still ship. Let's hope so.

Like others, I got cancelled by e-mail and then phoned to indicate the order had not been cancelled. I have a UPS tracking number as well. Now I just have to hope they shipped a PS3 version as the order indicated and not one for the PSP.

I just got an e-mail saying "We regret to inform you that due to an inventory error we were unable to ship the item listed below. We sincerely apologize and have issued a full refund to your method of payment."

wtf...all the preorder deals are gone now. UGH!!!!!!!

[quote name='killerbh']I just got an e-mail saying "We regret to inform you that due to an inventory error we were unable to ship the item listed below. We sincerely apologize and have issued a full refund to your method of payment."
wtf...all the preorder deals are gone now. UGH!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Same issue here. I did a live chat and then sent an e-mail and all they would do is give me a $5 credit on a future order. They even tried to pass the buck to there ordering system, but since it was a pre-order I don't buy it. I am personally done with them forever. This is the second time they have done this. If I would've known that they would'nt be shipping it earlier, I could've picked it up for $40 at another retailer. Terrible customer service.

Bump
I wish it wasn't out of stock i pre-ordered it @ Gamestop but if i can get it 20 bucks cheaper, trust me, i'm returning it sealed after i pick it up for the kratos pre-order bonus mua hahaha but seriously I'm broke! wouldn't mind 3D dot Game Hereos for 20-25$ either hit me up if any body knows a deal.
Hastings seems to have in for 39.99$ in store if anybody has one near them
here's the circular
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=storead

They sent me a message saying they were sorry for the initial inconvenience and sent it via ups. I tracked it and it should be here on the 25th

Like everyone else, I got the cancellation message last week. I didn't bother to call or email Overstock about it. I just figured I was out of luck. No biggie. I knew it was a longshot when I ordered it.

Then the UPS guy drops by this morning and lo and behold it's a box from Overstock. I open it up and there it is: Modnation Racers for PS3. A full one day before it arrives in stores!

So I can confirm that Overstock indeed honored my pre-order and I did receive the PS3 version. I hope the rest of you have the same luck.

I just got the call confirming the order is a GO for the original price ($39.99). So, I'll just have to return my Amazon order when it gets here tomorrow, lol. :p Oh, well, a little bit of trouble to save $20 is no trouble for a CAG, right? ;)

bread's done
Back