CAG MLB 10: The Show League Fantasy Teams! MIL/PHI/SD open! Series 6 Games Due 9/6!

n8rockerasu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
mlb10cagleaguelogo.jpg

What's up guys? This is the thread for the CAG MLB 10: The Show FANTASY Team League. I made the title similar to Josh's for the sake of continuity, but hopefully it doesn't just end up being confusing, haha.

7/9/10 - 2 Spots Open! Phillies and Padres! Hard Series Deadlines Now In Effect
Posting the rosters for the Phillies and Padres in case someone from the other league or something wants to take them over.

Phillies Roster
philliesroster1.jpg

philliesroster2.jpg

philliesroster3.jpg

philliesroster4.jpg

Padres Roster
padresroster1.jpg

padresroster2.jpg

padresroster3.jpg

padresroster4.jpg

For what it's worth, the Phillies have a 2-0 record and the Padres have an 0-1 record.

There are currently 3 unplayed games left in series 1.

Supreme vs MattYoung (Neither of you has played a game yet, so I don't know how interested either of you are at this point)

ajumbaje vs wildcpac (Obviously, if there's no replacement for ajumbaje, wild will get a win here)

Steggy vs Jetman07 (same here. if there's no replacement for Jetman, Steggy will get the win)

Again, these games are due by Sunday, 6/11 at 11:59 PM EST. I'm trying to prevent another completely wasted season of The Show online, guys. But I need some help.

5/22/10 - LEAGUE RESTART - 3rd Time is the Charm
Well, after learning straight from the SCEA devs that our league was in fact broken, the only choice we have is to start over. So, we're back to square one with sign ups. I'll give priority to people who were already in the league, but depending on how many are still interested, there could be other spots. People who were already in the league will keep the same teams, and switching teams will only be possible once the league is full...and with the idea of keeping the AL and NL balanced.

The only thing I ask is that you only sign up if you're really motivated to get through at least one season, by playing at least one game per week. As discouraging as the online portion of this game has been, I wouldn't blame anybody for not wanting to bother with it. At this point, I have no idea how many teams to expect to have, so I'm only going to leave sign ups open until Tuesday. That gives people three days to check this thread and express their interest. That should be plenty of time.

Possible draft times will be as follows: Sunday 5/30 at 9PM EST, Monday 5/31 at 9PM EST, Tuesday 6/1 at 9PM EST, Wednesday 6/2 at 9PM EST, Thursday 6/3 at 9PM EST. When you sign up, please list ALL times when you are available.

CAG Name | PSN Name | Team | Time Zone | Draft Preference
1. n8rockerasu | n8rocker82 | Texas Rangers | EST | Any
2. m_d_amore | mdam0re | New York Mets | EST | M/W/Th
3. madbst | madnena | Minnesota Twins | EST | S/M/T
4. Matt Young | MattYoung730 | Los Angeles Dodgers | PST
5. *TEAM OPEN* | Philadelphia Phillies |
Josh5890 | Josh5890 | Baltimore Orioles | CST | Any
melokeith | cusemanKeith | New York Yankees | EST | S/M/T/Th
8. DestroVega | DestroVega | Oakland Athletics | EST | M/T
9. *TEAM OPEN* | Milwaukee Brewers |
10. Supreme | CaptainBackslap | Chicago White Sox | EST | S
11. *TEAM OPEN* | San Diego Padres |
12. wildcpac | Cpac2008 | Florida Marlins | EST | S/M

Old League Info (Broken Due to Sony)
Check out the league webpage and correct standings here!
http://www.theshowcommunity.com/leagues/142002

5/22/10 - Update #3 - Restart?
All right, the question now is whether there's even any interest in starting over. I know not everybody was able to make it to the last fantasy draft, so that could appeal to some people. But for those who've been through the "test league", then the draft for this league, I'm sure your patience is wearing thin (as is mine). With a 30 second time limit and about 8-10 people showing up, the draft only took us an hour and a half though. But really, it depends if there are even enough people who care about being in a league anymore. I'll go with whatever the community wants to do.

5/22/10 - Update #2 - Nevermind - League Broken
HOLY fuck! Disregard the PM I just sent out to everybody. I just got confirmation from Russell himself that our leagues are essentially broken. I posted this on OS a few hours ago:

I still haven't downloaded the patch yet, but since the freezing seems to be fairly isolated, I gave my league the ok to download it, and I'll do so myself later today. What I have noticed however is that theshowcommunity webpage for my league still shows the wrong standings. Not a single game has been recorded since we had to replace one guy in the league.

I'm not sure what SCEA thinks they fixed with online leagues, but they gave a big list of things as though leagues were taken care of, but yet I'm still seeing this. Games that were played 3 weeks ago are not being reflected in the standings. We can only hope that the games are actually registering since the game isn't asking me to resolve them. But it feels like quite a big leap of faith. If we get to the end of the season and can't advance to the playoffs, heads will roll. I love my offline play as much as the next guy, but online play is still a HUGE selling point for this game. If they can't do it right, I'd rather have it taken out of MLB 11 completely and have them charge $10 less. Online play has always been a miserable experience with this series. They need to learn to cut their losses.
Surprisingly, he actually responded to my post...but with this:

The league fixes are not retroactive you have to start over to take advantage of them.
To which, I responded with this:

Wow...my guys aren't going to be happy about that one. Glad we wasted 2 months. No offense to you Russell, but that portion of the game was completely botched this year (for something that was supposed to be "the focus"). That kind of stuff makes the game not worth $60. "Much Cooler This Year" it was not...
I won't be surprised if this gets me banned from OS. I confronted "the savior" directly. But I'm sorry, that's complete garbage. So, we should have waited until May 22nd to start our online league for a game that came out March 3rd. fuck off SCEA! Anybody who pre-orders this game or buys it at launch in the future is tool. Unless you don't care about online play at all, there's really no point.

5/22/10 - Game On! Patch Status! New Due Dates! New Rule!
It looks like this last patch is safe for everyone to download. A few people have had some freezing issues with it, but these seem to be isolated incidents. So, this league is NOW RESUMING.

Since today is Saturday, I'm going to give Series 2 games a final deadline of this Tuesday, 5/25 at 11:59 PM...and Series 3/4 a deadline of Friday at 11:59 PM EST.

I hope this isn't too much for people who have none of those games played. I may consider being lenient if a team shows significant effort but just can't get all 3 games played. But the point is picking this thing back up and getting it moving again. I'm really curious how many league issues were actually fixed with this patch. Records on the league website are still wrong....so, who knows.

Also, to deal with all the drops and disconnects SCEA has made it so that any game that drops will not count. To deal with this, and to avoid playing the same game 3 or 4 times, if a game drops, it will be resumed from the beginning of the most recent completed inning. When you reach 9 (or 8.5 if the home team is winning, obviously) total innings of play, if the score is not tied, just disconnect from the game (I would advise pulling the cord in case quitting still actually counts), and report the results on here. If both teams agree to just play the game to completion, that's fine. I just want to have a system for games where people are having trouble staying connected. And with that, play ball!

5/12/10 - Red Sox and Padres Available! Series 3&4 Due 5/18/10 at 11:59 PM EST

All right, did some more housekeeping. Dahk and SnorE are now dropped. This means both the Red Sox and the Padres are available to take over. Anybody who takes them over should keep in mind that since replacing players, all of the games played have stopped showing up in the standings. The only solace you can take from this is that they're not showing up for anybody else either.

They are, however, showing up in the schedule...and it's not asking me to resolve the games, so hopefully this means they are being tracked, and we all will not have wasted a ton of time when the regular season is over. Neither Dahk nor SnorE played a game in the league, but they both had their Series 1 games resolved. So, both teams are 0-1. Here are the rosters for both teams.

Red Sox Roster
MLB10redsoxroster1.jpg

MLB10redsoxroster2.jpg

MLB10redsoxroster3.jpg

MLB10redsoxroster4.jpg

Padres Roster
MLB10padresroster1.jpg

MLB10padresroster2.jpg

MLB10padresroster3.jpg

MLB10padresroster4.jpg

I haven't resolved either of the Series 2 games for both teams, with the idea of not giving an extra loss to whoever takes over the team(s). I also hope that whoever does take over will be very proactive in getting their games played. I'm requiring that Series 3 AND 4 games be played by next Tuesday (5/18) at 11:59 PM EST. So, make sure you're available to participate.

5/5/10 - Series Deadlines Now in Effect

All right, guys. The league has moved forward. The only game from Series 1 that didn't get played was between Supreme and madbst. But Supreme PM'd me a day or so ago to let me know that he's still having trouble finding a new PS3 and to just give him the loss. Hopefully another week provides him with better luck.

Unfortunately, there was no option to resolve the game between yukine and GenDV138. It's like the league knows the damn game got played, but isn't recording it. yukine, it's your call on what you want to do, man. My fear is that every single game you play is going to do the same thing. You could play the rest of your 20 game schedule, and this fucking piece of shit will still probably say you're 0-1 at the end of the season. My opinion is that it's probably worth playing one more game, just to see if maybe it was a fluke. But after that, it's not worth wasting your time over.

For anybody following along at home, since we've now officially completed Series 1, that means the schedule has opened up...by one game. Series 10 is now open. Since SCEA insists that we move along at this snail's pace, I'm requiring that Series 2 games be completed by next Tuesday 5/11 by 11:59 PM EST. Obviously, feel free to play any other games you have available, but make Series 2 a priority. Thanks, guys!

4/30/10 - State of the League

All right, now that the league has been underway for a little over 2 weeks, I'd like to start seeing some significant progress in keeping the schedule moving. Some teams have done GREAT, and have played 4-5 games already. Anybody who's on a pace of 2 games per week has nothing to worry about. You're definitely doing your part. Keep it up!

But there are a couple people who haven't played any games. This is inexcusable. For now, I'll just giving these players losses, but to keep in tune with baseball, 3 strikes and they're out. From this point on, people need to be playing AT LEAST one game a week. With the way the schedule works, we really all need to stay moving together, otherwise we're going to get to a stalemate, where the entire league is waiting on 2 people. Anybody who causes this league to stop moving will be kicked out.

Unfortunately, hqn101 has to drop from the league, so that means that the Houston Astros (with fantasy players, mind you) are open. The Astros are 0-1, so you won't be starting with too much of a disadvantage. I'll try to take some screen shots of the Astros roster when I get on my PS3 in a little while, that way people can know exactly what they'd be signing up for. Other than that, I've been pretty happy with how this league is going. Just need to see a little more effort from a few people. Here's where we are now in terms of standings and recent games played.

leaguestandings4_30.jpg

leaguerecentgames4_30.jpg

4/12/10 - Play Ball! Important Info About Free Agents!

Ok, guys. The draft is complete and you can start playing your games. I want to thank everybody for being flexible with the draft day since the game seriously put it on the wrong freaking day. But we actually got off to a running start tonight after the draft with several games being played. Even though I didn't get several of the "key players" I wanted, I still love the fact that I made this team. And up and down the roster, it really feels like "mine".

***IMPORTANT NOTE CONCERNING FREE AGENTS***
Just like our first test league, when you go to look at the "Free Agents" list, you'll notice that every player, even players that were drafted, is listed and available to sign. Meaning, if anybody signed them, there would be duplicate players in the league. So, I'm going to say this straight up,

DO NOT sign ANY free agents!!!

Since we drafted full 40 man rosters, there's really no need to sign anybody.

4/5/10 - League Restart: Check In and Post New Draft Availability!
All right, played 2 games tonight, and both counted instantly. The servers finally seem good to go. So, on that note, it's time to regroup the troops, select a new draft time, and do this thing for real.

The earliest we could probably vote and get everybody signed back up is Thursday 4/8 at 9 PM EST (the league would have to be created and everyone would have to join before Wednesday at 9 PM EST though...so that might be pushing it). Unfortunately, I won't be available Friday or Saturday. Other options are Sunday 4/11 at 9 PM EST, Monday 4/12 at 9 PM EST, or Wednesday 4/14 at 9 PM EST.

I want everybody to list the days/times when you ARE available. Again, the day that receives the most votes will just be what we go with. If anyone is no longer interested in playing, please let me know so you can be replaced. If it works properly *knock on wood*, the draft should be really fun. I appreciate your cooperation, guys, and I'm definitely ready to do this thing for real!

3/26/10 - League Standings and Recent Games

Posting this just so we can kinda track where we're at and how things are going for the league.

testleaguestandings3_26.jpg

testleaguerecentgames3_26.jpg

3/12/10 - League Set Up! Draft on Wednesday 3/17 at 10 PM EST!!!

All right, the league is set up, and it is called CAG Fantasy League. The divisions are American League and National League. Please join the league that your team is actually in. If you join the wrong league, you will be booted for being a retard, lol.

The draft will be held on WEDNESDAY 3/17 AT 10 PM EST.
Here are things to consider about the draft:
1. Your presence is not mandatory. You can set up your draft board ahead of time and have the CPU draft for you.
2. The people who were fine with 9 PM, but think 10 PM is a little late, the earlier rounds are clearly the most important. The last 7-8 rounds will more than likely be spent drafting bench players and relievers. If you have to leave early, set up your picks for the final rounds, and leave.

From the looks of things, there are A LOT more options than in years past (although that is what they promised us). Josh will be happy to know, there is a "Free Agents" heading, but it said I needed to play at least one game before entering it. There is also a heading for "Pitching Rotation", which will be really nice so we don't have to post and keep track of them on here. And there's a heading for "Disabled List". I left injuries on since there are so many options to trade and/or sign new players. I think this will really add a strategic element to the league.

As for league settings, I put the difficulty at All-Star with default sliders. Guess Pitch is set to default (I don't understand people who don't like it. To me...it makes the entire game a chess match, letting the pitcher know that you're thinking right along with him...which in turn makes pitching a lot more fun). Most of the other settings are default as well, except, as always, I turned hot zones off. I'd rather people pitch to the situation than pitch to the "blue square".

Oh, I also turned off "Auto-Resolve Game". This is supposed to randomly choose a winner if a game "expires" without being played. As fair as that sounds, I'd like to have more control over it than that. I'm done with randomly deciding on a winner. If a game needs to be resolved, I'll assess who's fault it was that the game didn't get played (based on posts in this thread attempting to get in touch with your opponent). If both sides are equally at fault, I'll flip a coin.

I have no idea how or if "flex scheduling" works this year (not that it really worked last year anyway). With the new enforced pitching rotations and this auto-resolve game feature, I don't even know how they would implement it. Other than that, it looks like there will be lots of stat tracking and tons of options for people to screw around with. By the looks of it, it's getting pretty close to a straight up online franchise. Should be a lot of fun! Can't wait to get started! :)

3/10/10 - Check In and Post Draft Availability!

All right, well, it looks like all the spots in the are now full. However, in the interest of making sure everybody who signed up actually checks CAG frequently enough to be a worthy participant, I'd like everybody to check in and give their availability for possible draft days of Wednesday 3/17 at 9 PM EST, Thursday 3/18 at 9 PM EST, Saturday 3/20 at 9 PM EST, Sunday 3/21 at 9 PM EST, or Monday 3/21 at 9 PM EST (please put down all days that you'd be available). Keep in mind that the draft will likely take between 3-4 hours, but it should be a lot of fun!

Based on that, I'll figure out which is the best day to hold the draft. I don't expect one day to be perfect for everybody, but if I wait for a perfect day, the league will never get started, haha. Whatever is best for the majority is what we will do. Remember, you can set up a draft board in advance with your preferred picks and have the CPU draft for you. You can be present for all of the draft, part of the draft, or none of the draft. It's all whatever you want to make out of it.

I'm going to give everybody 72 hours to check in and post their availability. If you don't make a post in the next 72 hours, you'll be dropped from the league and replaced by one of the players on the waiting list. I don't want to be too strict about things, but if you don't check this thread at least once every 2-3 days (preferably at least once a day), you're just going to drag the league down.

3/4/10 - Sign Ups!

Anyway, since there are still some people looking to get in a league, and the votes were pretty evenly split between original teams and fantasy teams, Josh and I decided that a second league might better serve the interests of everyone involved rather than expanding a league that could already take 4 months to complete.

So, right now, anybody who would rather play with fantasy teams than use original teams, feel free to sign up. The goal here is to open up a spot for everybody, and make sure the people who were on the waiting list have a place to play. There may be an opportunity for people to participate in both leagues, but for now, we just want to make sure that everyone is included.

If you're in the other league and you sign up here, we will take it to mean that you would be comfortable giving up your spot in the original team league if it becomes necessary. Josh wants to keep 16 teams in his league, but if we have less than 16 here, I'd be fine with it. Again, like in Little League, we just want to make sure everyone gets a chance to play.

So, with that, feel free to sign up if you wouldn't mind playing ONLY in a fantasy team league. Oh, and feel free to pick your team now. I know last year we did a lottery for team selection, but I remember that process even taking longer than it should have. Since it won't be as important with fantasy teams, I'd rather just knock it out right away. And I'll pick my team last to give everybody a fair shot at the Yankees, lol ;)

CAG Name | PSN Name | Team | Time Zone | Draft Preference
1. n8rockerasu | n8rocker82 | Texas Rangers | EST | Any
2. Josh5890 | Josh5890 | Baltimore Orioles | CST | Th/Su/M
3. yukine | ratzombie | Houston Astros | MST |
4. m_d_amore | mdam0re | New York Mets | EST | M/W
5. melokeith | cusemanKeith | New York Yankees | EST | Any
6. chriscolbert | chriscolbert | Cleveland Indians | EST | Th/M/Su
7. ajumbaje | ajumbaje | Washington Nationals | EST | Su/M
8. GenDV138 | GenDV138 | Minnesota Twins | EST | Any
9. spidamatrix | TheGloomyAvenger | Detroit Tigers | EST |
10. steggy | Killsbury | Boston Red Sox |
11. DestroVega | DestroVega | Oakland Athletics | EST | Vacation 4/10-4/17
12. madbst | madnena | San Francisco Giants | EST | Su/M
13. Supreme | CaptainBackslap | Pittsburgh Pirates | EST
14. Matt Young | MattYoung730 | Los Angeles Dodgers | PST
15. whataboutbob? | whataboutbobby | San Diego Padres | CST
16. jetman07 | jetman07 | Philadelphia Phillies | ???

Waiting List (this is for people who prefer the other league, but would like to be in both)
iSuperfly | ??? | TBD | ???

Last edited by a moderator:
n8, please put me down sir. PSN is Josh5890. Also, in honor of Cal Ripkin Jr. I would like to be the Orioles. Yes, I know I'm not picking the Cubs. Blah, blah, blah. I figure that this will make things less confusing for me when I'm playing a league game... "Which league is this now?" :rofl:

sign me up for fantasy...on the waiting list for the other league...i will take padres doubt anyones begging for them...however did just beat the yankees online

[quote name='SnorE']sign me up for fantasy...on the waiting list for the other league...i will take padres doubt anyones begging for them...however did just beat the yankees online[/QUOTE]

Well, we'll be drafting the teams anyway (hence Fantasy, haha), so you'll have a chance to make the Pads really good! :)

For Dahk and jousley, since you guys both have spots in the other league, I assume this means you would PREFER to play in a fantasy team league. Just want to make sure because right now, we're just taking sign ups for one or the other. If there's room, we'll expand it to people who want to play in both in a day or two.

SnorE, not sure of a draft date yet. Obviously, there's never going to be one day/time that works for everybody. But if people want to start voicing opinions on when they're usually available (just give me a day of the week and a time if possible...the exact date we'll work out later). I don't know if an evening time on the weekend would work best or during the week. I do have to set it when I create the league though, so we'll just have to hammer it out before we set everything in motion.

I'd prefer to be in both leagues in case one fizzles out. I love The Show and feel like I can contribute to both leagues. If you want me to only be in one though, I'll understand.

well thurs-sat usually party...sunday nights are good monday nights tuesdays after lost weds night...im more of a night guy...im in Eastern time zone...knowing that might help too

havnt ever done a league like this. i would really like to though

psn: iambobbyd team:phillies

is it a live draft?? i guess pm me with details and what not and ill give my email. this sounds awesome. i'm gonna go get the game now.

[quote name='Dahk']I'd prefer to be in both leagues in case one fizzles out. I love The Show and feel like I can contribute to both leagues. If you want me to only be in one though, I'll understand.[/QUOTE]

That's fine, and I completely understand wanting to be in both. Josh and I are in both just so we can kinda co-manage and help each other out when needed. But for right now, we just want to know if you HAD to pick only one league, which would it be? Once we make sure everybody has a spot in either league, we'll open it up for people to play in both. So, for now, which one is your definite preference?

[quote name='rhoffa']havnt ever done a league like this. i would really like to though

psn: iambobbyd team:phillies

is it a live draft?? i guess pm me with details and what not and ill give my email. this sounds awesome. i'm gonna go get the game now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a live draft. HOWEVER, you can set up your draft board ahead of time and let the game autodraft for you, so you wouldn't need to be there. The only "problem" with this as I've mentioned before is that obviously it's not as perceptive, so if you put 3 SS in a row, just hoping you'll get one, if two happen to be available each time your turn comes around, the game won't think "I don't need to draft another SS because I got one last round"...and you'll end up with two SS.

It will try to balance your team out in the later rounds, but depending on how you have your board set up, this could lead to having to play a SS at 2B or something. It's not the end of the world, and you should still have a pretty damn good team, but really, being there for at least part of the draft is ideal. Just to give everyone an idea, last year the draft took about 3-3.5 hours (although we also had tons of glitches with SportsConnect crashing, the draft freezing, etc which brought things to a standstill at times. I'm hoping those won't be issues this year).

I have the option of giving each person 30, 60, or 90 seconds to make their pick. If you do the math, if we assume we'll have 16 teams, with a 60 second selection time, each round would take 16 minutes (assuming everybody took the full time...which really hardly ever happens...but this is worst case scenario). The draft is 25 rounds, so 25 x 16 = 400 minutes = about 6.5 hours. CLEARLY, nobody would sit through a draft that long, but if we consider most picks not taking the full 60 seconds, and the possibility that some people may let the CPU autodraft for them, it would take significantly less time.

I wouldn't be opposed to putting a 30 second limit on the picks to guarantee that things keep moving, but sometimes things can get frantic if your guys get picked and you have to scramble to find someone else. I would rather have 60 seconds just for the times when you might need it, but we'd also have to have the understanding that people need to try to make their picks as quickly as possible, or we'd be there all night. Just some things to think about.

sounds good. yea just send me a message i guess on psn or here when you know the details i would like to do this. when would we plan the draft? i play hockey on sunday nights - east coast

...such a long install...

Hey N8 - do you want the Yankees? I know it's fantasy draft, but that's my team, so I'd take them if you don't want them - but wanna defer to you if you do.
Otherwise, I think I'd take the Pirates.

[quote name='melokeith']Hey N8 - do you want the Yankees? I know it's fantasy draft, but that's my team, so I'd take them if you don't want them - but wanna defer to you if you do.
Otherwise, I think I'd take the Pirates.[/QUOTE]

No, it's cool man. I ended up getting the Yankees last year, so that's why I figured I'd let somebody else run with them this year. If you want them, they're all yours.

[quote name='SnorE']did you already put in for a league request? isnt there like a 14 day waiting period or something like that?[/QUOTE]

I haven't. I need to figure that out. I went into the league creation menu, and it looked basically the same as last year. Like it allowed me to choose all the settings and even set a date/time for the draft. I didn't try to go any further though because I didn't want to be locked into anything. I'll have to ask Josh if it actually tells you about the 14 days after you submit your league for creation. Although, the game hasn't been out 2 weeks yet, and I see leagues online...so maybe they changed it?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I haven't. I need to figure that out. I went into the league creation menu, and it looked basically the same as last year. Like it allowed me to choose all the settings and even set a date/time for the draft. I didn't try to go any further though because I didn't want to be locked into anything. I'll have to ask Josh if it actually tells you about the 14 days after you submit your league for creation. Although, the game hasn't been out 2 weeks yet, and I see leagues online...so maybe they changed it?[/QUOTE]

The first day, I tried to make a league but I got the 14 day thing as well. The next though, I tried again and it let me do it. I haven't setup CAG league yet though. I'm gonna wait until we have the league rosters set up.

league manager. i dont know if it will take the 14 days they say but i will be in boston for a seafood show from next saturday 13 til wednesday 16 but able to draft wednesday.

[quote name='Josh5890']The first day, I tried to make a league but I got the 14 day thing as well. The next though, I tried again and it let me do it. I haven't setup CAG league yet though. I'm gonna wait until we have the league rosters set up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought it looked like I would have no problems creating it. Obviously we're not ready yet, but it looked like it would go through fine. Maybe they realized how pointless it was to force people to wait again.

[quote name='rhoffa']league manager. i dont know if it will take the 14 days they say but i will be in boston for a seafood show from next saturday 13 til wednesday 16 but able to draft wednesday.[/QUOTE]

All right...I'll keep that in mind as we're planning things.

[quote name='DestroVega']I'd be in both.[/QUOTE]

What does this mean? Need more words, lol

[quote name='DestroVega']oh lol.. I'm signed up for the other league but I would play in this one too.[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok. Yeah, that's cool. I'll add you to the "both" list. Not sure how much longer I should give people before allowing people to join both leagues. I want to make sure everybody has a spot, but this thread has been up for a few days now, and my thinking is, if that's not enough time for people to see it, then they probably wouldn't do well in the league anyway.

never been in a league before. I'll give it a try. Since someone took my Padres, i will have to go with the hometown team

ajumbaje - ajumbaje - Washington Nationals

10 EST and after works for me

[quote name='ajumbaje']never been in a league before. I'll give it a try. Since someone took my Padres, i will have to go with the hometown team

ajumbaje - ajumbaje - Washington Nationals

10 EST and after works for me[/QUOTE]

Got you added. I'm all for having a later draft start time (especially to accomodate any of our PST players), but we also have to keep in mind that the draft will more than likely take at least 2.5 - 3 hours. So, if we start at 10, that puts us ending around 1 or later. That's fine with me because I'm a night owl anyway, but I'm not sure how much that would affect other people's schedule and what they day they'd be available.

My ideal time for staring the draft would be 8-9 PM EST. That way it starts late enough for our west coasters to be home from work/school...but not too late for any east coasters who may have work/school the next morning.

I'm signed up for the other league as well, but would like to play both.

I like SF's field so pencil me in as the Giants if I'm in.

I think I already responded to your PM, but I'd like to play. However, I am calling Sony tomorrow to find out what I have to do to send in my PS3 for repairs, so I don't know how long I'll be without it. :(

MattYoung730/ Los Angeles Dodgers (since I have the Sox in the other league; not that it matters much in this one).

how many games do we plan on playing? i am wondering because even half the mlb would be a lot of gaming... we should have a poll
season length (if we play multiple seasons with a shorter regular season we may draft differently), are we playing american or national league rules (i think it would matter if we only had 10-15 teams)
it would be best to all get our concerns out, and vote if other people are wondering as well

[quote name='rhoffa']how many games do we plan on playing? i am wondering because even half the mlb would be a lot of gaming... we should have a poll
season length (if we play multiple seasons with a shorter regular season we may draft differently), are we playing american or national league rules (i think it would matter if we only had 10-15 teams)
it would be best to all get our concerns out, and vote if other people are wondering as well[/QUOTE]

Well, I was envisioning doing something similar to what Josh is doing with his league (and what I attempted to do with my league last year despite the lag). We'll probably have 16 teams, and have a 22 game season. There will be two divisions. Hopefully we'll be divided evenly among National and American League teams. You'll play each team in your division twice and each team in the other division once.

We can't really choose what rules we play by. The way the game works is whoever is the home team, that's the rules you use. I'm not even going to think about multiple seasons or an extended season or anything at this point. If you've never played in an online league before, just making it through a single season is an accomplishment, haha. If we don't have to drop a player the entire season, I'll be amazed. You raised a lot of good questions though. If you have any others, let me know.

[quote name='MaskedPlague']I would like to get into this league if there is still room. The Reds are my first pick, but the Giants would be fine too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're definitely in, man. Since you're on the waiting list for the other league, you've got a guaranteed spot here. That was part of the purpose of creating this league...to make sure people who couldn't get into the other one had a place to play.

It looks like there's still a couple people on the waiting list for the other league who have yet to commit to this one. I might make tomorrow be the last day for exclusive spots before I round out the league with people wanting to play in both.

I'd also like to join if possible, any idea when the draft will be? I don't have the game yet, but I'm definitely picking it up this week.

Minnesota Twins
Time zone: EST

If there is room, I'm in...feel free to give up my spot on the other league, I rather do fantasy teams...

Nationals
Time Zone EST

Please keep me posted...

All right, I added the new guys to the list. But doing this opens up an interesting situation. If jmercado is ok with switching from Josh's league to this one, that opens up a spot in Josh's league...and it looks like dickeybeans is at the top of the waiting list.

SO, I'd have to ask dickeybeans if he'd rather play in Josh's league with original teams or this one? Surprisingly, we are running out of spots in this league, and it doesn't look like there will even be a whole lot of room for doubling up, so I just want to make sure everybody is in the place they want to be.

Also, jmercado, the Nationals are taken man. ajumbaje has them. Please pick another team.

[quote name='Matt Young']Nate, it says "TBD" for my team (if I get in) but I chose the Dodgers.[/QUOTE]

I know, but I'm not letting people on the waiting list tie up teams in case people who aren't in a league yet want to use them. If I allowed that, and there's not enough spots left for people to play in both leagues (which it's starting to look like there won't be), those teams just wouldn't be used. I just want to make sure that people committing to only one league get their preference.

bread's done
Back