Halo Wars (Limited Collector's Edition) NEW - $30 Free Shipping

i was able to pick up the halo wars limited edition at my local gamestop for 17.99 used in just about new condition. only thing missing was the Spartan and Covenant Stickers.

Thanks op but unfortunately the value in this is not much now that the Platinum Hits version is out. (Full disclosure I got this on clearance @ Target for $60 1 month after its release @ $80.) The PH version has the multiplayer DLC for free ($20 value) and the Halo 3 maps with the collector's edition aren't worth much since they're on the second disk of the ODST package, or can be purchased for $10 on the Marketplace (the maps were exclusive to the Halo Wars CE for 1 month.)

Only thing this is good for is if you have no desire to do multiplayer and want the awesome steeltin and collectibles.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Thanks op but unfortunately the value in this is not much now that the Platinum Hits version is out. (Full disclosure I got this on clearance @ Target for $60 1 month after its release @ $80.) The PH version has the multiplayer DLC for free ($20 value) and the Halo 3 maps with the collector's edition aren't worth much since they're on the second disk of the ODST package, or can be purchased for $10 on the Marketplace (the maps were exclusive to the Halo Wars CE for 1 month.)

Only thing this is good for is if you have no desire to do multiplayer and want the awesome steeltin and collectibles.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like me. :cool: (I like my collectibles, but I could care less about multiplayer)

I got this when it was $30 at dell.com. It's a cool looking set, but it's been in my backlog for far too long. (and it's probably going to stay there for awhile since I'm trying to finish up Tales of Vesperia before Final Fantasy XIII comes out... Then there's Sakura Wars at the end of the month)

Thanks OP... I love deals on CEs.

I'm torn between my dislike of Halo and my love of Collector's Editions... lol. I'd definitely bite at $20, but I'm on the fence here.

[quote name='scott_matthews']Thanks OP... I love deals on CEs.

I'm torn between my dislike of Halo and my love of Collector's Editions... lol. I'd definitely bite at $20, but I'm on the fence here.[/QUOTE]

Agreed!

The Steelbook case this comes with is actually pretty nice ... granted I sold mine before the value kind of bottomed out, but it was a really nice case. The comic book/ art book is alright .. nothing to write home about but yeah, the artwork on the case itself was sweet.

I had to bite, and i just happen to have money in my PP account. 29.99 with free shipping and no tax is pretty great to me.

Thanks OP!

Super find OP. I payed full price back when it released. It's a great item for Halo fans like myself, $30 is an awesome bargin.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']This was my sweet spot a few months ago but now I just can't pull the trigger.[/QUOTE]

In all honesty man the only appeals of the damn thing when it launched for me was the Halo 3 maps and the steelbook. Now the maps are available on XBL as well as on the ODST Online Disc and the only appeal of it now is the awesome steelbook case.

The game is fun and all but just go with the $20 regular edition at Wal-Mart. :)

bread's done
Back