Naughty Bear

This reminds me of Conker for the N64 (which I never got around to playing)... I would bet it will be cheap not long after release and I may pick it up then.

I had it preordered in an outburst of goofy spontaneity, but I cancelled it and bought ME2 with the money. I'm still looking forward to it, but like it was said I'm gonna wait on this one.

The game is actually quite awesome. Basically the goal is just to rack up as many points as you can by scaring the shit out of the other bears, torturing them, or just straight up massacring them. You can be stealthy, set up traps, or just go all out Schindler with a weapon.

There are 7 main episode missions and 5 sub-missions for each episode. The sub-missions have various goals like "drive everyone insane", "never get hit", "time trial", etc. Each level can take 15-40 minutes depending on how you are playing.

The gameplay can get a bit annoying after a while, but the deaths and the way the AI works in this game is hilarious once you start driving the bears insane. The death animations are all great as well, seeing a cute teddy bear gut itself with a knife or shoot itself in the head and watch their fluff come out is very satisfying.

Of course, it is not all positives. I've had a lot of issues where enemies would just freeze in a spot and would not get scared or move, this is an issue when you get to missions where you cant hit the bears as it is the perpetual game over. Also, on a couple of longer missions, I got to the end, and the freaking game froze. Each mission is three parts (tutorial part, middle part, boss part). There are NO checkpoints, so if something bad happens, you start all over at the beginning, which gets really annoying if you're set out after a special goal.

The achievements are all pretty easy to obtain eventually. Overall i'd probably give this game a 6. For what it is, its pretty great, but I think it could've been a lot better, and probably should've been a $30 game. For now, i'd say just rent it.

Never had an interest in this but damn, I didn't know it was a physical copy at retail. Seems like too much of a one-trick pony to warrant that.

[quote name='dennisb407']Damn, alot of bad reviews coming in for this unfortunately :([/QUOTE]

The reviews flowing into Metacritic are all quite negative. There's just too many good games out there to waste time on the poor ones.

[quote name='Bezerker']The game is actually quite awesome. Basically the goal is just to rack up as many points as you can by scaring the shit out of the other bears, torturing them, or just straight up massacring them. You can be stealthy, set up traps, or just go all out Schindler with a weapon.

There are 7 main episode missions and 5 sub-missions for each episode. The sub-missions have various goals like "drive everyone insane", "never get hit", "time trial", etc. Each level can take 15-40 minutes depending on how you are playing.

The gameplay can get a bit annoying after a while, but the deaths and the way the AI works in this game is hilarious once you start driving the bears insane. The death animations are all great as well, seeing a cute teddy bear gut itself with a knife or shoot itself in the head and watch their fluff come out is very satisfying.

Of course, it is not all positives. I've had a lot of issues where enemies would just freeze in a spot and would not get scared or move, this is an issue when you get to missions where you cant hit the bears as it is the perpetual game over. Also, on a couple of longer missions, I got to the end, and the freaking game froze. Each mission is three parts (tutorial part, middle part, boss part). There are NO checkpoints, so if something bad happens, you start all over at the beginning, which gets really annoying if you're set out after a special goal.

The achievements are all pretty easy to obtain eventually. Overall i'd probably give this game a 6. For what it is, its pretty great, but I think it could've been a lot better, and probably should've been a $30 game. For now, i'd say just rent it.[/QUOTE]

those two review lines said it all. maybe a clearance pickup at $4.99 then?

bah, I was looking forward to this game. I didnt realized it was on disc which is baffling and the reviews point to it being so bad there must be a movie somewhere of the same name.

Wow how did this end up retail? For some reason I always thought it was an XBLA game. I planned to buy at at 1200 points. At this price it's laughable.

[quote name='Tybee']I wonder if these horrible reviews will compel DarknessBear to change his user pic?[/QUOTE]

He should Photoshop some tears in.

I didn't hear of this game till a couple weeks ago, but it looks really fun and interesting. It sucks in a way that it's getting bad reviews, but I have so many games to buy in the coming months that the only way I'd be able to get this would be at a reduced price anyway, so this just means I'll play it sooner.

For those interested, the Gold Edition of Naughty Bear comes out on Tuesday. $30 SRP & it comes with:

• Twice the Content
  • $25 DLC Value
  • New Epic Episodes
  • New Comic Kills
  • More Weapons
  • Killer Costumes
  • Enhanced Multiplayer
It also has a nice Kill Bill ripoff cover:

51W7nIjluvL.jpg
51MXGK8EZSL.jpg

bread's done
Back