FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)

coindash2-300x168.png
AI-300x168.png

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/62341.html

Game Info
Joe Danger recreates that childish joy of the first time you took a toy motorbike, doused it in lighter fluid, lit it, and launched it at high speed over your carefully constructed ramp out a second story window. In this fast, fun and frantic title players will wear the cape of down-and-out daredevil Joe Danger. From humble but dangerous beginnings old-school Stunt hero Joe, publicly humiliated by the reckless Team Nasty at the start of the game, competes to regain his reputation as the Master of Disaster.

Race against your rivals, out-thrill your friends and defy death to defeat the dastardly Team Nasty. Across over 50 eye-poppingly gorgeous and eye-wateringly dangerous levels take Joe on the ride of his life and go from zero to hero.

Easy to pick up and hard to put down Joe Danger gives arcade classics a nitro boost up the exhaust pipe, and puts the Evil in Evel Knievel. Get ready for a burst of sugar-rush excitement for today’s jaded gamers.

Play, Create and Share! Freeze the game at any point to enter edit-mode and change your world any way you want. Put a ramp down just before you land or place a ring of fire just before you go through it. Create the most ridiculous stunts you can think of, then use them to smash some World Records! Share your creations with all your friends and torment them with your devious creations.

Physics with Cartoon Timing! “Joe Danger” Uses advanced cartoon physics to create a world ripe with slapstick humor. Laugh in the face of Danger, but it laughs back when you crash, as you bounce from boulder to boulder, on fire, towards a pile of giant mousetraps. Flung from your bike at high speed, make a last ditch attempt to please the crowd, by pulling poses mid-air and nudging yourself into the directly into path of Danger.

Battle your Friends! Take on your friends to compete in outrageous Split Screen face-offs. Tricks earn boost which gives player’s the ability to gain ridiculous speeds and pull even bigger tricks. Master your motorbike, then take on the World with your high-scoring Combos.
Announcement
Hello Games, the double IGF nominated bright young indie start-up, today announced that they will be bringing the world’s first stunt-em-up Joe Danger as a console exclusive to PlayStation®Network for the PlayStation®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system this spring.

Speaking earlier today Sean Murray, Managing Director said; “We’re giddy with anticipation to be coming to PS3, it’s frankly the most exciting day in Hello Games history so far. We’re a tiny team of four, trying to make a really big game, with some huge features like user generated content. We’re the developer, the publisher and marketing team for Joe Danger. At best we know how to do one of those, and even that’s arguable, it’s a rollercoaster ride.”

Hello Games also announced that the critically acclaimed Joe Danger will be part of Sony Computer Entertainment America’s (SCEA) PlayStation Network Publishing Fund. The “Pub Fund” helps foster the development and distribution of new and exciting games from independent developers by offsetting development and publishing costs that have proven to be barriers for many smaller, independent studios.

“We have a long standing history of nurturing new talent and introducing Hello Games through our Pub Fund initiative meets our goals of delivering innovative games and empowering the creative minds breaking into the industry,” said Rob Dyer, senior vice president of publisher relations, Sony Computer Entertainment America. "Bringing a fresh take to classic arcade racing and delivering unique, user-generated content, Joe Danger broadens our Play, Create and Share genre and will provide PlayStation fans of all ages with a charming, rewarding and purely fun gameplay experience."

Sean added “2010 has already been amazing for Joe Danger, starting with three nominations for the IGF, and having had such an awesome response to our first trailer. When SCEA approached us, we knew the fit was a good one. It allows us to focus on doing what we enjoy most, making a great game.”

Hello Games recently released the first dazzling video of Joe Danger, which can be viewed here and they will be demonstrating Joe Danger to the world at GDC next week.

For more information about Hello Games and Joe Danger, please visit http://www.joe-danger.com, or follow them on twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. Looks like Play. Create. Share. became bigger than just LBP. It'd be cool if they tried to do this with every kind of genre. Not too sure how much I'd like this game though. Need to see some more variety in it.

That's one colorful game. The design of the levels looks like something Nintendo would make. It looks pretty fun, though I'd probably get bored of it after a short while.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/05/31/coming-soon-to-psn-store-joe-danger-for-ps3/

Joe Danger finally has a release date and it's next week:
Hello World! It’s exciting to be back on the PlayStation.Blog. It’s even more exciting to be able to announce that Joe Danger, the PS3-exclusive title that allows you to fulfill your daredevil fantasies, will launch on PSN June 8th!

I can’t describe what it feels like to see our own game actually hit the PlayStation Store. My three friends and I at Hello Games couldn’t be more nervous and giddy. We barely slept for the last few months, trying to get the game finished and polished. I doubt we’ll sleep for a month more, trying to stay on top of the leaderboards.

What I really can’t wait for is the surprises we have in store for PS3 gamers. This has been a total labor of love for us, and I’m really looking forward to seeing what people think of the game. If you want to know more about the Joe Danger, you can read some previews here, here and here, but first let me tell you a bunch of stuff you might not know.

Stunt, Create and Share
Creating levels in Joe Danger is as fast and fun as playing the game itself. In fact, you never leave the game! As you ride through your level, press Edit at any time to freeze the world and play about with it however you want. You can drop a ramp then launch Joe over it, or place a Shark Tank just before he lands.

You can even create your own challenges to send to your friends. Lay down the gauntlet with your own Multiplayer race level, or set out a Coin Dash against the clock, or a tricky Target Smash. You can complete a friend’s level, then add more danger and send it right back for the ultimate challenge. That’s how we’ve created all our own levels in the game.

It’s a BIG game
You take Joe from zero to hero across eleven tours, which are each made up of up to ten levels. Levels are set in a crazy diverse set of hazard filled game modes like Target Smash, Assault Course, Race, Coin Dash, Bowling Bounce, and Puzzle Mode.

Each of those levels feature a high-score table and up to eight challenge stars earned by thrilling the crowd. Some involve collecting hidden pick-ups high in the sky using skilful boosting, beating Team Nasty to the finish line, collecting the letters of D-A-N-G-E-R , racing against the clock, launching your bike at top speed towards a rack of bowling pins and scoring a strike, or keeping the crowd cheering as you combo a whole level. Sometimes you’ll be trying to do all of those things at once!

Community
Joe Danger is all about playing with friends, because playing Joe Danger together is how we’ve built this game. That might mean passing the pad on a heart-breakingly difficult Coin Dash, or punching your rivals off their bike in Splitscreen. Sometimes it’s crossing the finish line to immediately see all your online friends highscores, and instantly restarting. More often, it’s about downloading a new level and trying to complete it, before making your own tweaks.

We want this to be a competitive game, something to play with friends and one we hope you’ll want to tell everyone about.

The PSN Store publish date is June 8th — and we hope you enjoy it!

You can keep up to date with Hello Games and Joe Danger on our blog, follow us on Twitter or even just send us mail!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...danger-for-ps3/comment-page-1/#comment-408525

Sean Murray | May 31st, 2010 at 8:59 am
We want to do some cool things with Trophies. I like it when they make you play a game in a very different way. I hope that some of those trophies will become a real badge of honour to Joe Danger players. We also took some ideas from the community on our last Playstation Blog post. Thanks everyone!
We’ll put the list together and reveal them soon.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...danger-for-ps3/comment-page-1/#comment-408559
Sean Murray | May 31st, 2010 at 8:27 am
Whoops! I meant to say this in the post! The price is $14.99 in the States.

The game is pretty huge, probably one of the biggest on PSN. That’s something that’s going to surprise people, we hope Joe Danger is going to consume your PS3 for quite a while! As a small studio we’re not totally in charge of pricing, but we genuinely think its really good value.

[quote name='pram12']Looks like Trials HD.[/QUOTE]

I was actually disappointed it didnt look more like Trials HD.

To me, this looks more like Excitebike, focusing on racing, rather than the almost puzzle aspects of Trials. However, my fingers are crossed that it will have a puzzle mode or something similar mimicing Trials.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']I was actually disappointed it didnt look more like Trials HD.

To me, this looks more like Excitebike, focusing on racing, rather than the almost puzzle aspects of Trials. However, my fingers are crossed that it will have a puzzle mode or something similar mimicing Trials.[/QUOTE]
"Levels are set in a crazy diverse set of hazard filled game modes like Target Smash, Assault Course, Race, Coin Dash, Bowling Bounce, and Puzzle Mode."

It looks like there's a good amount of variety in the modes it offers.

[quote name='SEH']The game looks interesting, but I'll wait for the inevitable $9.99 sale on it.[/QUOTE]

agreed.

What do people think so far?

I liked what I played, but I am kind of confused. Is Puzzle Mode unlocked later on?

It is a great game, but I wish it was a bit slower and more technical like Trials.

Got this game yesterday, it's pretty fun, and I had a mess around a bit with the level editor. I'm interested in trading some levels withyou guys. :)
Does anyone know if there's any breakable boards? I want to create something where a rider goes through it and have it trigger something else to fall down in the path. Is that possible?

Also I didn't mess with multiplayer at all yet, but is it only split screen or is there some online modes, too?

[quote name='Sinistar']Got this game yesterday, it's pretty fun, and I had a mess around a bit with the level editor. I'm interested in trading some levels with you guys. :)
Does anyone know if there's any breakable boards? I want to create something where a rider goes through it and have it trigger something else to fall down in the path. Is that possible?

Also I didn't mess with multiplayer at all yet, but is it only split screen or is there some online modes, too?[/QUOTE]

Local multi only. Id be interested in trading some tracks, feel free to add me on PSN.

Im working through story mode right now, but its getting frustrating, so I would gladly welcome a break.

I'm having fun with it. I think $10 would have been a better price point (or $12 even), but I'm definitely not let down with it despite the $15 tag.

I actually like that it's not like Trials HD. It may just because I own both consoles, but I just feel like if you want Trials HD, you should get Trials HD (or petition to have it ported or something). I like that Joe Danger is its own game and offers something slightly different for those who may just want a more arcade-y experience. The visuals are wonderful and the controls are pretty spot-on. Like the above poster though I can tell I'm starting to reach a point where the difficulty in general is ramping up. I'm curious to see how difficult it is by the final few stages.

Haven't played too much with the level editor, but I'll probably put some time into that when I get tired of the career mode.

[quote name='tenma']I'm having fun with it. I think $10 would have been a better price point (or $12 even), but I'm definitely not let down with it despite the $15 tag.

I actually like that it's not like Trials HD. It may just because I own both consoles, but I just feel like if you want Trials HD, you should get Trials HD (or petition to have it ported or something). I like that Joe Danger is its own game and offers something slightly different for those who may just want a more arcade-y experience. The visuals are wonderful and the controls are pretty spot-on. Like the above poster though I can tell I'm starting to reach a point where the difficulty in general is ramping up. I'm curious to see how difficult it is by the final few stages.

Haven't played too much with the level editor, but I'll probably put some time into that when I get tired of the career mode.[/QUOTE]

Youre right about Trials. I actually have Trials 2 on PC, so its OK that this is not Trials. I just think that the PSN could really use a game with that interesting puzzle-esque twist.

I think my only major complaints so far are the switch gates. Maybe I just have a loose analog, but it seems sometimes when I just flick to switch gates, it registers twice, switchs back, and I hit the bumper/miss the switch. The music has gotten irritating (support for playlists would have gone a long way for longevity), so I have turned that off and I wish there was a separate slider for the voices, as theyre getting to that point as well. Also, it claims to have several different modes, but there seems to be very little variation amongst them. It seems like there are really only three "modes" racing, trials and the trials where you can use the editor.

I agree a $12 price point may have been more fitting. However, I decided to pull the trigger when I read the backstory on the group making the game. Essentially, it is just four guys who put this together and depending on how well the sales go, they will either disband or work on another game. Im hoping that if it has a good enough showing, they might patch in some online multi, playlist support, DLC or move on to a different title of similar quality.

This was posted on the PSN blag entry by one of the devs:

Posted on 10 June, 2010 at 12:08 pm by Sean Murray
Thanks so much, can’t tell you how awesome that is to hear!
As for the future, for the moment we’re working flat out to hopefully patch in some new features. There’s a couple of things, like Custom Soundtracks, that we just wish we could have included at launch. There’s also a bunch of new features planned, that I shouldn’t talk about yet, but are genuinely really exciting
icon_smile.gif

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/06/10/joe-danger-officially-out-on-ps3/

[quote name='8bitArtist']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhsgFU4bM10

i made a level in joe danger and my friend recorded himself playing it, he said his attempted were in the 50s or so before he actually beat it. my next levels will be much more sadistic.[/QUOTE]

Does JD have a youtube export option? I didn't see one in the menus, and I know a lot of PSN titles support this feature.

[quote name='Sinistar']Does JD have a youtube export option? I didn't see one in the menus, and I know a lot of PSN titles support this feature.[/QUOTE]

Not currently, but they stated in the blag i linked to that they're working on (or planning to work on) it.

Definitely reminds me of Trials 2 I have on Steam. Well worth the gameshare price.

I only finished the tutorial stages but I wish boost and crouch/jump buttons were switched.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Youre right about Trials. I actually have Trials 2 on PC, so its OK that this is not Trials. I just think that the PSN could really use a game with that interesting puzzle-esque twist.

I think my only major complaints so far are the switch gates. Maybe I just have a loose analog, but it seems sometimes when I just flick to switch gates, it registers twice, switchs back, and I hit the bumper/miss the switch. The music has gotten irritating (support for playlists would have gone a long way for longevity), so I have turned that off and I wish there was a separate slider for the voices, as theyre getting to that point as well. Also, it claims to have several different modes, but there seems to be very little variation amongst them. It seems like there are really only three "modes" racing, trials and the trials where you can use the editor.

I agree a $12 price point may have been more fitting. However, I decided to pull the trigger when I read the backstory on the group making the game. Essentially, it is just four guys who put this together and depending on how well the sales go, they will either disband or work on another game. Im hoping that if it has a good enough showing, they might patch in some online multi, playlist support, DLC or move on to a different title of similar quality.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I definitely agree with you on pretty much all those points. The gates can sometimes be tricky for me as well, but I guess my main complaint stems rom the level editor. I'm normally not that big into creating my own levels in games, but I was kind of excited about trying it out with this. Unless I'm missing something though, it feels like the choices and options in the mode is pretty limited.

I definitely agree with you about the music starting to get a little bit old (it becomes even more apparent when in the aforementioned level editor because you're not actively doing anything most of the time). I think it'd be cool if there was an option to go through and select certain tracks as favorites and just set them as a playlist. Some of the levels are a lot of fun, but some are just kind of annoying.

Overall though I'm pretty excited about what this developer may do in the future. Joe Danger is a pretty fresh feeling game and is something I see myself putting a fair amount of time into before moving on.

Yeah, I'm hoping they introduce some new features because I feel like $15 is too much for this in its current form. It's fun and all but $10-$12 would've been better.

For anybody creating their own levels: I was messing around with it and after filling up the level with obstacles, I haven't found a way to close it out or put a finish line in... am I missing something obvious?

[quote name='QiG']For anybody creating their own levels: I was messing around with it and after filling up the level with obstacles, I haven't found a way to close it out or put a finish line in... am I missing something obvious?[/QUOTE]

the finish line will automatically appear when you upload it. i think the reason it didnt that first time was you ended on a target, so maybe throw like a cone or square sponge right at the end to establish a finish line.

Really having fun with this one, was up till 3am going back to levels to complete everything. Totally blows Trials outta the water IMO. (No retarded difficulty spikes to deal w/)

[quote name='ccohen322'](No retarded difficulty spikes to deal w/)[/QUOTE]

yyyeeeaaahhhhh... wait until the last circuit. shit is ridiculous.

Lol i can't believe ign gave this such a better score than gran turismo psp. This game looks kind of cool but ign's scoring has been really abismal lately. I don't think i can ever trust them again to give a good review.

[quote name='8bitArtist']yyyeeeaaahhhhh... wait until the last circuit. shit is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the level Coin Dash thats in the last circuit is the hardest in the game imo. I finally beat it after about 300 tries. Now all I need is to get those sharing trophies. Anyone wanna friend me and send me a level?

[quote name='JetMan07']Yeah, the level Coin Dash thats in the last circuit is the hardest in the game imo. I finally beat it after about 300 tries. Now all I need is to get those sharing trophies. Anyone wanna friend me and send me a level?[/QUOTE]

I hate how the coin dash always starts with that stupid horn. It is bad enough I have to do it 300 times to get a good run, but the horn gets grating after about 3.

As far as the sharing trophies, if youre desperate, you can actually share to yourself. simply go to share and type in your PSN and you will get both trophies.

Bought this last night an am loving it so far. Couple quick questions though, do you unlock more props for the create-a-course by playing through career? Also, whats with the limit on props you can put in a course? I was messing around with it this afternoon and I made what felt like a very short course and I got a warning that I could only place like five more props. It didn't seem like you could put too much into a custom track.

[quote name='SEH']Bought this last night an am loving it so far. Couple quick questions though, do you unlock more props for the create-a-course by playing through career? Also, whats with the limit on props you can put in a course? I was messing around with it this afternoon and I made what felt like a very short course and I got a warning that I could only place like five more props. It didn't seem like you could put too much into a custom track.[/QUOTE]

you dont unlock more props and the limit on the props is unknown(at least to me. cant give a specific number), but if youre placing little bombs and spike traps everywhere, its going to get filled quick. 1 bomb is the same as 1 loop de loop.

[quote name='8bitArtist']you dont unlock more props and the limit on the props is unknown(at least to me. cant give a specific number), but if youre placing little bombs and spike traps everywhere, its going to get filled quick. 1 bomb is the same as 1 loop de loop.[/QUOTE]

Damn, kind of sucks that you don't unlock more stuff and that the limit on items is relatively small (stars definitely should not count as a level prop).

Got it and my 3 year old loves it....of course he's not that good, but he laughs non-stop when he crashes or wipes out. Best $15 I spent in a while.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/26/j...youtube-support-in-free-peoples-p/1#c30099991

You want more Joe Danger levels, right? Why not get some more multiplayer levels, too? And level editing props? How about support for replays and uploading them to YouTube? You want custom soundtracks? Costumes? Level sharing? Okay, you're getting all of that ... right now.

Hello Games has released the "People's Patch" for its PSN game, which adds all of these features and more. Best of all, all you have to do is launch the game to download the patch. However, this is just the beginning of future updates for Joe Danger. Hello Games' Sean Murray teases on the PlayStation.Blog that "we're also working on much larger packs with new props and game modes. So keep an eye out for those."

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/08/26/joe-danger-the-peoples-patch/

The full list of improvements:
Yesterday we also released something we call the “People’s Patch”. It answers pretty much every piece of feedback we’ve had from the community. It’s something for fans to get really excited about, and if you haven’t played the game before, you’re in for a treat. It’s totally free, and all you have to do is boot Joe Danger up to get all this new cool stuff.

For instance, now you can save, playback and upload your greatest stunt spectaculars to YouTube. After all, what’s the point of being the world’s greatest stuntman if you can’t show your friends?

Here’s something else we’re really excited about – we’re going to be showcasing the very best user created levels at joe-danger.com. Go there now to find out more and enter our level building competition.

Also, there is a totally new, free level made by Hello Games available for download right now.

Here’s some of the key new features:

• Level sharing and more Levels
  • Replays and YouTube support
  • Custom soundtracks
  • More multiplayer levels
  • New level editing props
  • Costumes
  • Downloadable tours
  • Hidden stuff!
  • Lots more
Hello Games wants to genuinely thank the community again for their amazing support. We really hope you enjoy the new features or just take the time to try out the trial! Go and spread the word :)

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back