Entertainmart HUGE trade in Values next week!

buster90

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
If you live near an Entertinmart they have have mega trade in values next week for certain games. The company is expanding hopefully they will be in more states other than just 3 for now.

Here are some of the values you get cash for your games March 12, 13 and 14. The values listed are trade in for your used game cash given.

Xbox 360

$45 cash for Mass effect 2, Dragon Age, Bioshock 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Modern Warfare 2, Army of Two 40th Day, and Darksiders.
$30 cash for Mortal Kombat vs DC
$40 cash for Madden 2010

PS3

Values are the same as games listed above. Except MAG and Heavy Rain are listed as well for $45 cash

Wii

New Super Mario Bros- $40
Tatsunoko vs Capcom- $40
Punch-out- $35
Mario Party 8- $30
Smash Bros Brawl- $30
Mario Paper- $26
Mario and Sonice Winter Games- $35

Thanks for the post. I live in Dallas, TX and we do have two Entertainmarts in the area. Great trade in cash value for some of those games.

[quote name='djpookie2000']Thanks for the post. I live in Dallas, TX and we do have two Entertainmarts in the area. Great trade in cash value for some of those games.[/QUOTE]

There is actually 5 in the DWF area

Dallas
Arlington
2 in Plano
Lewisville

They are in Texas, Colorado, and one other state I can't remember.

I go to them all the time. The used game boxes are open so you can find the best case, add the best instructions, and get the best disk for it as well.

[quote name='An J0e']:( unfortunate spelling, i live in Louis-ville. lol got excited for a second.[/QUOTE]

ahhh answers it for me. i live in louisville too.

[quote name='djpookie2000']Thanks for the post. I live in Dallas, TX and we do have two Entertainmarts in the area. Great trade in cash value for some of those games.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, we do?!?!

Never heard of this store 'till now. Though I don't live in dallas, somewhere outside of it.

I have one of these close here in Colorado. It's not bad but for games it sucks. The newer used ones are way over priced and the older ones are usually sun bleached copies from a blockbuster window display. They have more movies and cds than anywhere else though. Usually amazon or even gamestop beat the prices this store has.

lol @ the crunkness of the store

But too bad there's not one of these in SA. I'd dump DA for $45, even though I still want to play it.

They are also upping their buy values of systems and a flat $10 per bluray

40 gb PS3 for 205, My warranty ran out this last month... guess it's time to upgrade to a slim.

Terrible Website, yes... but their buy-backs are based on stock... so they cant really have too much info posted on their site... I wish they would keep a weekly updated list of the Most Wanted games...

I've also asked the question of how they stay in business, despite their high buy-backs. Im guessing it's because the majority of the time people do not leave with the money... which Im very guilty of doing on several occasions. They have, without a doubt, the most gi-normous used boxed set area I've ever seen. That being said, for disc-only games, games not on the list. and boxed sets/dvds not on their most wanted list they do not pay too much for it.... Their turnover rate on Wii, DS, blu-ray, old big releases on the ps2 (final fantasies, etc) and disc only games is quite amazing.... but their psp game turnover rate appears to be horrendous.

Also, where are you finding this mystical 5th one in DFW? There's one in Arlington, one in Lewisville, one in Central Dallas and One in Plano. The only other one I know about in Texas is in El Paso. Id like to see what the other store has in stock. I will say, Im least impressed with the Arlington/Lewisville stores. One is too small (lewisville is in a mall-space) and the other has some real attitude problems (employees at the Arlington store can be jerks).

it says "We pay... $10 for most Bluray" so I don't think their going to up every tiv for blurays.

Anyone know if they change their TIV even when announced?

[quote name='ets']it says "We pay... $10 for most Bluray" so I don't think their going to up every tiv for blurays.

Anyone know if they change their TIV even when announced?[/QUOTE]

Some of the stores are giving a flat 10$. As for the "MOST bluray" language... those other stores are paying 10 on all blu-rays that they sell for 9.99 and over, which is just about every blu-ray except the scenery demos.

Yes, they can/do change buy back prices even after they announce promotions like this... but it is rare and depends on if they receive an ungodly amount of something or huge price drops. This happened during the "most wanted month" last june when Afro Samurai s2 was on sale at every store for 9.99 and they had a buy-back of 30 on it. They post it on their doors/counters when that happens, though.

I just came back from the store in Arlington, TX

I got $40 for MW2, $35 each for Left 4 Dead 2 and MAG, and $20 for Velvet Assassin.

I guess they gave me less money, because they already received a pretty good number of copies.

[quote name='SniperREX']I just came back from the store in Arlington, TX

I got $40 for MW2, $35 each for Left 4 Dead 2 and MAG, and $20 for Velvet Assassin.

I guess they gave me less money, because they already received a pretty good number of copies.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking it has more to do with the new TIV's starting tomorrow. Good think I'm off early tomorrow. I'm taking L4D2 down for sure.

[quote name='dyeknom']They are also upping their buy values of systems and a flat $10 per bluray

Also, where are you finding this mystical 5th one in DFW? There's one in Arlington, one in Lewisville, one in Central Dallas and One in Plano. The only other one I know about in Texas is in El Paso. Id like to see what the other store has in stock. I will say, Im least impressed with the Arlington/Lewisville stores. One is too small (lewisville is in a mall-space) and the other has some real attitude problems (employees at the Arlington store can be jerks).[/QUOTE]

There is a big one in North Dallas/Addison Area...get off the tollway and take the street right passed the galleria down to preston. It used to be an old Marshall's. That's the one I used to go when I lived there...

Wow. Those TIVs are suicide. Great for traders/flippers though.
1) Give the highest TIVs in the world
2) ???
3) Profit!

[quote name='lakingsx213']There is a big one in North Dallas/Addison Area...get off the tollway and take the street right passed the galleria down to preston. It used to be an old Marshall's. That's the one I used to go when I lived there...[/QUOTE]

Apparently there is one in Fort Worth as well in Hulen Mall now.

They are actually making their website not suck now... I was shocked to find out there's one in Ft Worth. There was never a "grand opening" like they had for the store in plano, el paso, etc as far as I remember

Got $45 each for Ao2: 40th day, ME 2, DA: O, Darksiders, and Bioshock 2 from the store located in Plano. Thought it was kind of weird that they didn't offer any type of receipt. They have a pretty big selection of games, movies, and cds but I didn't notice any cheap games.

There's also an entertainmart at the Town East Mall in Mesquite, TX that just opened up a couple of weeks ago. They are having the sale right now, but today is the last day.

I scanned a flyer for the sale at the one in Dallas over by the Galleria. Its sale doesn't start until NEXT weekend (19th, 20th, 21st).

imgbf.jpg

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Hard to believe they make any kind of profit off of games giving these kind of TIVs.[/QUOTE]

I traded in MK vs DC (PS3) today for $30, and noticed that they sell it for 34.99 and they had 12 copies of the game on the floor. :whistle2:#

[quote name='ets']I traded in MK vs DC (PS3) today for $30, and noticed that they sell it for 34.99 and they had 12 copies of the game on the floor. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed the same thing when I went today. How long has this place been in business? I've never heard of it before. Hopefully they keep offering great TIVs like this. It's actually a really awesome store, I was digging threw some old PS1 games, and ended up buying Silent Hill 2 for $10 on xbox, which is actually a damn good deal. Their old used game selection is actually pretty nice, cheap too.

Well, I know the reason my local Entertainmart stays in business is they have some kind of deal with the one of the local rental stores.

Whenever the rental store needs to dump their excessive stockpile of new-ish movies, Entertainmart magically gets loads of them.

Wait a month and get the movie for half off.

Also, for every time I've gotten a ridiculously good trade-in, theres usually two times I've felt insulted by their offer.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Hard to believe they make any kind of profit off of games giving these kind of TIVs.[/QUOTE]

These stores are always crowded on the weekend, especially the one on Preston & Alpha in Addison (Dallas), so I know they are moving their stock. Do they make money? I'm not sure if that's their business plan. Let me explain:

The guy that started this company is the same guy that started up CD Warehouse. He sold that company for a huge profit. They used to have stores everywhere - now there's only a handful. And would you really want to be selling cds now?

After that, this guy created Movie Trading Company; then guess what? He sold that one to Blockbuster Video. I wonder how that's working out for BBV now.

My guess is that he's trying to get as many stores open and be a thorn in the side of Gamestop and BestBuy. They pay more in cash then Gamestop gives in credit. They pay more in cash then I can get off of most stuff if I was to sell it on ebay. Perhaps he's trying to take in and move as much product as possible and then trick Gamestop, or even Best Buy to buy him out. Gamestop hates Entertainmart cause they lose so many trade ins. Once you know about Entertainmart and have one near you, you'll never trade a game back to Gamestop. Though, I've sold crap to Entertainmart and then used the cash to immediately buy used games from Gamestop.

Is Gamestop dumb enough to buy this company? I have no idea, but I doubt it. Maybe he can get Blockbuster to fall for it again.

Here's a news article on this guy: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...N-Hall_02bus.ART0.State.Edition1.3d01bea.html

It seems like one of those get it while the gettings good scenarios. I remember when gamestop would give you $10 credit for dvds (didn't matter what the movie was as long as it was dvd), then slowly became terrible about trade values. Now they have $4 "Disc Replacement Insurance"? fucking gag me with a stick. Movie Trading company was pretty awesome about trade values (and still are in some cases), but now they are kind of lowballers as well. Now Entertainmart comes along, and absoultely astounds me with all the cash they are handing out. I know that they are buying back used games at great prices to build up stock for new stores. I just wish that after these companies seem to hit some kind of critical mass, the t.v.s wouldnt plummet so far.

I traded in today
Bioshock 2 45
COD MV2 45
Xbox 360 145
left for dead 2 (20 from tru) 45
mass effect 2 (20 from tru) 45
Bad comapny 2 (40 from tru) 40

I've probably sold back 25% of my cd and DVD collection. I also sold all my PSP and Wii stuff. They game me $200 for my Wii system last summer and 75 bucks for my original PSP last month. I've probably gotten $750 cash by selling junk I don't want.

And because I don't know when this gravy train will stop, I'm going to go through more of my stuff and see what I no longer want.

I'm starting to get annoyed at all the crap stores we have here in California...

I was checking the website for Entertainmart, and they offer $300 for a PS3 60GB! I would totally trade mine in for that much. Not to mention the TIV's for some of these games are outstanding.

We need a store like this here...preferably in SoCal. :)

bread's done
Back