Anybody have American Psycho on Blu Ray + PS3?

shytface

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
I just Goozexed this movie recently and it won't play in my PS3. It starts up ok, plays the Lionsgate intro clip, then gives the disclaimer about expressed opinions and just hangs at a black screen afterwards.

When I got the disc it was covered in smudges but they wiped away with a softcloth leaving only a few light marks on an otherwise mirror finish. The only other Blu Ray I own is National Treasure and that plays on my PS3 fine, so I thought maybe I got a bad disc. It was in pretty good overall shape though, so I decided to do a search online and found this:
http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-General/American-Psycho-blu-ray-issue/m-p/43685299

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2008/08/reports_of_ps3_242_firmware_difficulties_surface-2/
(7th comment down)

So it looks like it could be a compatibility issue with this particular Blu Ray and the PS3. I sent an e-mail to Goozex support asking if they'd refund my points/token without me having to leave the guy negative feedback for something that may not be his fault.

So does anyone have this movie and a PS3? Does it play fine in your system? I'm wondering if this is a universal issue, or maybe it's limited to certain models/firmwares, or possibly just a bad run of discs got pressed and I ended up with one of em?

I have the Blu and a 120 GB Slim PS3. I watched it in early January to completion with no problems.

Hmm, I have a 120GB Slim and my firmware is 3.15. Appreciate it if anyone can post back with their model/firmware and playback results.

Also, the UPC code on the back of my movie is 0 31398 20346 9 80 in case there was more than 1 print...

Edit: Thanks Ivan, that's a little strange then. I suppose there might've just been a bad batch of these movies released or something? Kind of sucks cause I've never seen it before and I really wanna watch it. Hopefully Goozex comes through with a refund for me. Unfortunately I don't know anybody locally with a PS3 or other Blu Ray player for me to test the movie with.

Or what about PS3's having different BD Rom drives? I know the Xbox 360 has several different DVD drives, does anyone know if that's the case with the PS3? Maybe certain drives play the movie fine and others don't?

Mine worked fine but I'm not sure if I watched it before or after I upgraded to the 120 GB Slim. I had a 60GB Phat before that.

[quote name='TheRock88']I watched this almost a year and a half ago on my 80 GB BC PS3 and had no problems with it.[/QUOTE]

same here

[quote name='BigPoppa99']is it possible its not a US region Blu-Ray? The Blu from Netflix worked fine on my 80gb phat[/QUOTE]

Blu-rays are region free.

Try exchanging it at Wal-Mart for a different copy. Most Wal-Marts carry this title on Blu and will allow you to exchange for the same item without receipt. Some people don't agree with doing this, but they're just going to defect it out and get a credit from the manufacturer, and since it sounds like a manufacturer defect anyway, I don't really see the harm.

bread's done
Back