Sell Me on a PS3

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I posted this same topic over at GameTZ where I've been a member for many years. Since the member base is bigger here, I'm posting this same topic again.

I'm looking for many different opinions, thoughts, persuasions as to why I should own a Playstation 3.

I currently do all my gaming on a iMac (running Windows 7 Ultimate under bootcamp), PSP Slim, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen, and a Xbox 360. I love the Xbox 360 the most. It's noise level is annoying, but I've learned to live with it. I don't have a blu-ray player, but I do have a few blu-ray movies I picked up along the way cheap.

Just being generally curious, I'm wondering if I'm missing anything by not owning or playing a Playstation 3. Graphics are nice, but I'm more interested in general gameplay here. I like the sense of community and multiplayer I find with my paid membership to Xbox Live. I found enough cheap deals on time cards that I have 2 and a half years prepaid. I had an Xbox 360 die on me once under warranty. I took it back to BestBuy and had a replacement within an hour. I don't have any RROD horror stories.

So what am I missing? Sell me on blu-ray, game sharing, exclusive titles, likes & gripes, whatever. Point me to some youtube comparison videos. Either way I will be using blu-ray soon, I just haven't decided if I want it to be via a PS3 or a general blu-ray player. Local stores here are selling a Panasonic BD60 for $120. It's very tempting but I'm still weighing it against a PS3.

If it makes any difference, I have owned a PS1, PS2, PS2 Slim, Original Xbox, etc. I hated the original Xbox, didn't care for the PS2 regular or slim, really liked the PS1.

I'm not going to go out of my way to sell you on a PS3 since you can search youtube and do your own research, but I'd say you're missing out on a tremendous gaming experience without one.

I personally think the PS3's exclusives easily beat what the 360 has to offer. No contest. The fact that it doubles as a Blu-ray player, includes an online service with the purchase (i..e no yearly or monthly fees) and is whisper quiet (for the most part) is just icing for me.

You've been here long enough so you should know what the PS3 has to offer. Look up videos for Uncharted 1 and 2, InFamous, LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet and Clank, Metal Gear Solid 4, Heavy Rain, God of War III, MLB 10: The Show, and so on if you need to be sold on one. If those don't interest you then you don't like games need one

Yes, no contest. 360's games are a pitiful joke compared to PS3. Hell even the Wii has a better library and more variety than 360. M$ simply doesn't have anything exclusive to keep you on their console, everything worth playing WILL be on the PS3 or Wii before long. Plus you get more reliable hardware and a better balanced controller. Nor do you get nickel and dimed for every little thing and gamesharing is always an option. If you care about the fluff features (I don't have interest in anything not gaming related) then I suppose PS3 has even more to offer.

You didn't like the PS2? Now I know you're crazy. Ha.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/scores/ Here's a list of the "well-reviewed" PS3 games. Go through, find ones you can't play on 360, and see for yourself whether you'd like them or not.

As a blu-ray player, PS3 cannot be beat. Easy and constant internet connections means you're always up-to-date on your firmware. May not seem that important, but Sony has plans that would allow any existing blu-ray player to handle 35 GB discs (instead of the current 25gb) with a simple firmware upgrade.

Also worth mentioning - upgrading to a higher capacity hard drive is much cheaper than on 360, since you don't have to buy an official Sony-branded HD.

That should give you a start, but you should really do your own homework. Buy a Ps3 because you want one, not because some random internet guy convinced you to.

I personally have all three systems. If you can afford it why not get it? I buy games for all systems. It really comes down to whether your friends have the system also. PS3 has had some pretty good exclusives like Infamous and Demon Souls. Really no one should have to sell you on getting the system. Get it only if it doesn't break the bank and there are enough games you want. Being able to play your Blu ray moves is a plus, but it should not be the only reason, as a Blu ray player can be had for around 100.

With the price drop of the PS3, it's a great value of a system with some nice exclusives that ssjmichael mentioned above.

The online isn't as streamlined as Xbox Live and the lack of cross-game invites and party chat leaves PSN to be lacking, but still functional when it matters the most (multiplayer).

Either way, a PS3 is a great addition to your already large arsenal of gaming platforms.

On a side note, I wouldn't read into comments from fanboys such as DPsx7 too much. You don't buy a console because of the hardware, you buy it for the software and your personal needs. Whether or not your personal needs require you to have a PS3 is a decision ultimately left up to you.

PS3 has the best value of any of the 3 systems. The online is not as good as Live, but it's free and blows away the Wii and is at least comparable to the 360.

The PS3 really has a lot of great exclusives. Granted you lose first/third party exclusives like Mass Effect, Halo, Fable, and Forza among others from the 360, but you gain stuff like Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank, Valkyria Chronicles, Buzz, MLB The Show, Gran Turismo and others so it's a wash. Most multi-platform games are now pretty comparable between systems (stuff like Bayonetta is the exception vs. the rule now) and some games are better on the PS3 (Batman: Arkham Asylum and FF XIII.)

Also its still one of the best Blu-Ray players on the market and even the ones that are better aren't as good a deal as the PS3 considering the difference in cost vs. functionality of the PS3 vs. a stand alone Blu-Ray player.

The OP clearly has money if he can afford all that stuff he listed so it's not even a question of the 360 or the PS3. He can afford to keep both and buy games for both as well. Basically it comes down to this: The 360 won't provide you with a complete gaming experience, neither will the PS3. If you want the best of both worlds, plus a kick-ass Blu-ray player then getting a PS3 really is a no-brainer.

look at me trying to sell you on one after I said I wouldn't >>

Blu-Ray is a waste of money. Why drop $29.99 for a new movie? Oh the special effects are awesome and the sound quality...well it totally dignifies the outrageous price! Oh wait, no it doesn't. I'll still enjoy the same movie that you're watching with an extra $20 in my back pocket...

These questions are awfully annoying as we know very little about your tastes.

If the exclusive titles sound worth it to you then go for it. The console itself is fine, the online is fine, the blu-ray player is fine, PSN is a fine network. It's what you are going to do with it personally that makes the difference.

Not trying to be rude, but if you need to be 'sold' on a system, that's a pretty good sign that you should pass on it, at least for now....

[quote name='crushtopher']Blu-Ray is a waste of money. Why drop $29.99 for a new movie? Oh the special effects are awesome and the sound quality...well it totally dignifies the outrageous price! Oh wait, no it doesn't. I'll still enjoy the same movie that you're watching with an extra $20 in my back pocket...[/QUOTE]

You are shopping at the wrong store if you are paying 29.99, must be going to Barnes and noble. I have never paid more than 15 for a blu ray.

[quote name='crushtopher']Blu-Ray is a waste of money. Why drop $29.99 for a new movie? Oh the special effects are awesome and the sound quality...well it totally dignifies the outrageous price! Oh wait, no it doesn't. I'll still enjoy the same movie that you're watching with an extra $20 in my back pocket...[/QUOTE]

Or you can really save your money and get netflix for anywhere from 11-20 a month for 1-3 out at time including Blu Ray movies.

If you need someone to convince you then it's not right. I personally bought a ps3 and 360 at launch and am just barely starting to feel like my purchase was justified. If you love how streamlined 360's content, dashboard, and online are you'll hate the ps3. Maybe the 360 spoiled me but the ps3 interface is terrible and I hate the fact that when all I want to do is play a game I spend five minutes before hand downloading and installing an update or have a mandatory game install. The online community is pretty junky on psn also. I hear lots of gripes about paying for xbox live but if online gaming is you're cup of tea then you get what you pay for.

Blu-ray is a nice option, I'm a movie addict so I buy into it. As long as you're not stupid enough to plunk down $30 per movie it's a nice addition.

The one thing I think 360 has over the PS3 is the sense of community. While it does cost yearly, almost everyone is on Xbox Live and it's easy to communicate and coordinate playing games with friends.

The PS3 though provides a wider range of games, many of which are niche, that attempt to push the genres. Multiple PS3 exclusives have had me saying "wow, never played anything like that before." The 360's exclusives, Halo/Gears/Fable, play like they're produced for the masses. Pixel Junk Monsters/Eden/Shooter, Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, MAG, MGS 4, Ratchet and Clank, Demon Souls etc. are all games that I loved and felt brought something to the table that no other game this generation did.

My only gripe is that the PS3 exclusives have all been so good that I want to hold onto them after beating them. A problem because I regularly sell a game once done.

I also really love Blurays. On a 42" inch TV the difference in video quality is extraordinary. There are always coupons out that bring down the prices of new releases to $11-15...though I have netflix. :)

[quote name='coolz481']Not trying to be rude, but if you need to be 'sold' on a system, that's a pretty good sign that you should pass on it, at least for now....[/QUOTE]
AIN'T THIS THE TRUTH!!!!

I hate threads like these. You need to be SOLD to buy a 300 dollar system??? You see the games out. You probably played the system before countless times. Do you really want to the SOLD on the system or are you subliminally just trying to conjure up another ps3/360 debate???

I think the latter.

I got all three systems. Our 3-4 360's get the most play. When it comes to fighting games though, the ps3 always get turned on. That's just me. But, I know what is coming out on the ps3 and I don't play those types of games, so I'm not pre-ordering them any time soon.

And yes, you should be concerned about the warranty. $170 dollars to repair a console is pitiful, and that's what my roommate had to pay. They didn't even repair it...they just sent him a new one. I guess nice, except for the high price tag.

I'm not going to convince you to buy something that you probably see/use more than once a week already in your life. You say you got all that technology....so take your ass to your friend's house and play theirs or to gamestop. You ain't someone's daddy who barely know how to use a computer...

I've had my PS3 for a few weeks now, and I've been playing it a lot lately. Even though I'm enjoying the newness of the PS3, I still prefer my 360 for a lot of reasons.

My main issue with the PS3 is the online components. I know that I'm paying for Xbox Live, but the difference is pretty huge in most of the main areas.

[quote name='DPsx7']Yes, no contest. 360's games are a pitiful joke compared to PS3. Hell even the Wii has a better library and more variety than 360. M$ simply doesn't have anything exclusive to keep you on their console, everything worth playing WILL be on the PS3 or Wii before long. Plus you get more reliable hardware and a better balanced controller. Nor do you get nickel and dimed for every little thing and gamesharing is always an option. If you care about the fluff features (I don't have interest in anything not gaming related) then I suppose PS3 has even more to offer.

You didn't like the PS2? Now I know you're crazy. Ha.[/QUOTE]

Can you get more "fanboy-ish" than this? I have both and like them equally. Don't listen to this dumbass.

The exclusives, the free online play, the wi-fi built in, the rechargeable controllers, the Blu-ray. That all factors into why the PS3 is my platform of choice for console gaming.

Sure, PSN isn't as streamlined as Xbox Live but the dashboard is such a mess, and i have used it plenty to form an opinion.

Plus, I just can't find myself wanting to play anything on the Xbox. Literally, other than 2 or so games, it's such a dead market just full of Halo and Gears of War, the most generic of the generic.
And I have a PC for those Valve games I want to buy.

I do wish Sony improves the online support and makes developers implement more Xbox Live features into their games. Lately, I've seen most MP games now support cross game invites. And some games show exactly what you're doing in that particular game now.

I remember last generation when I bought an Xbox instead of a PS2, and I regretted it so much because Sony's games were just so much better. The same is here this generation, Sony just has the better games that I want to play and so much variety between them all.

Also, all these so called "exclusives" like the GTA4 DLC are coming to the PS3 within a month. I bet Mass Effect 2 won't stay PC/360 for too long.

The system itself is better, no contest. You get way more for the same amount of money.

As far as games, it really comes down to the exclusives. Halo vs. Killzone 2.....the latter. 360 does have Forza 3 which is the best driving game out right now. Mass Effect is decent, but way better on the computer than the 360.

PS3 has Demon's Souls, which is probably the greatest exclusive ever. Uncharted 2, which is the best rated gamed in a LONG time, and the new MLB the Show 10. Considering my loathe for sports games, this one is suprisingly AMAZING.

Coupled with the fact it has bluetooth, built in Blu Ray drive, can browse the internetz, gamesharing, and an amazing add-on called Ad-Hoc Party, which makes the PSP amazing, it's really a no brainer.

People get a 360 for the online community, which is way more established than the PS3s, but you pay for it.

As far as I see, the PS3 has just as good of a community as Xbox Live's. I mean, people on here organize games and you can always go on Home and find them.

I see no benefit other than cross game chat to what Live does. It is simpler to do stuff like inviting or seeing messages but come on.

For popular FPS, the servers are decent enough. For other titles like SF4, and Demon's Souls, the servers/lag is almost unbearable at times. It's impossible to think that a community of about 3,000,000 is equal to one of about 8-10,000,000. For more obscure titles that aren't new or mainstream, this is definitely a factor.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']For popular FPS, the servers are decent enough. For other titles like SF4, and Demon's Souls, the servers/lag is almost unbearable at times. It's impossible to think that a community of about 3,000,000 is equal to one of about 8-10,000,000. For more obscure titles that aren't new or mainstream, this is definitely a factor.[/QUOTE]

Meh, that's nothing to do with the PS3. Games like Red Faction are P2P on PS3 and 360 and they run like shit.

I do feel M$ pumps some of their subscription fees back into the infrastructure. If you've had one as long as me (3 years), its a blatantly obvious difference, as far as lag and the ability to find a decent ping'd game.

If you generally play top selling FPS games, you really won't notice a difference, as I said before.

When Red Faction was new, I can't say I've ever experienced a negative experience with latency issues at all. Haven't tried it on the PS3 online, so I can't compare the two

It might be better now but I remember watching people play RFG on 360 and the lag was unbearable for them. And same happened on PS3.

But games like BC2 don't really have that problem due to having servers

When the game doesn't friggin boot you randomly, it plays nice. I'd be interested to see if the 360 suffers from the same problem. It's kind of random, but absolutely sucks that you lose all that experience.

lol

that is the last reason I got a PS3. after playing Demon's Souls, I have no patience for a game like that.

at least Dante's Inferno had boobs

once you get past the first 2 levels, it's really not bad at all. After my 2nd play through, I'm able to complete the game with any character in about 12 hours

[quote name='Microshock']The exclusives, the free online play, the wi-fi built in, the rechargeable controllers, the Blu-ray. That all factors into why the PS3 is my platform of choice for console gaming.

Sure, PSN isn't as streamlined as Xbox Live but the dashboard is such a mess, and i have used it plenty to form an opinion.

Plus, I just can't find myself wanting to play anything on the Xbox. Literally, other than 2 or so games, it's such a dead market just full of Halo and Gears of War, the most generic of the generic.
And I have a PC for those Valve games I want to buy.

I do wish Sony improves the online support and makes developers implement more Xbox Live features into their games. Lately, I've seen most MP games now support cross game invites. And some games show exactly what you're doing in that particular game now.

I remember last generation when I bought an Xbox instead of a PS2, and I regretted it so much because Sony's games were just so much better. The same is here this generation, Sony just has the better games that I want to play and so much variety between them all.

Also, all these so called "exclusives" like the GTA4 DLC are coming to the PS3 within a month. I bet Mass Effect 2 won't stay PC/360 for too long.[/QUOTE]

How is the dashboard a mess? I love the ease of the dashboard. To me the PSN interface is a mess.

The rechargable controllers I consider a downside. I hate having to take a break from gaming to plug my controller in and charge it, not to mention the system has to be on to charge it. I love the fact that on the 360 I can have one batter pack charged at all times and if the current one dies I just pop in the new one and continue on. Not to mention the PS3 controller aesthetics are just terrible. Trying to do the finger twister and circular motions in Heavy Rain just reminded me how much I hate that controller. Wi-fi I can't really touch on since not all ps3's have them. I bought a launch system and mine does not.

And I know the 360 is shooter heavy but there are some great exclusives that you know aren't shooters. I hate the Halo franchise so that was never a draw for me. I find plenty of variety with the system.

Don't get me wrong I love my PS3 but you're making it sound holier than god.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']How is the dashboard a mess? I love the ease of the dashboard. To me the PSN interface is a mess.

The rechargable controllers I consider a downside. I hate having to take a break from gaming to plug my controller in and charge it, not to mention the system has to be on to charge it. I love the fact that on the 360 I can have one batter pack charged at all times and if the current one dies I just pop in the new one and continue on. Not to mention the PS3 controller aesthetics are just terrible. Trying to do the finger twister and circular motions in Heavy Rain just reminded me how much I hate that controller. Wi-fi I can't really touch on since not all ps3's have them. I bought a launch system and mine does not.

And I know the 360 is shooter heavy but there are some great exclusives that you know aren't shooters. I hate the Halo franchise so that was never a draw for me. I find plenty of variety with the system.

Don't get me wrong I love my PS3 but you're making it sound holier than god.[/QUOTE]

Some. That's the keyword. One or Two of the non-shooters interest me on 360.

Also, your reasoning for why rechargable controllers are bad is dumb, the controllers charge by USB so you don't have to plug it in a PS3, you can have it in a PC or a laptop, etc. And you don't have to deal with dumb rechargeable batteries or pay more for the packs.

Twister? The controls in Heavy Rain were DESIGNED to be twisting your hands at times. The controller has worked fine for over a decade, and it's just as good today. I prefer it over the clunky 360 D-pad and Bumper buttons.

Also, 98 percent of the systems have Wi-Fi built in, only the 20GB's don't. Your fault for being cheap and buying the 500 dollar version.
He wants to be sold to buy a new PS3, not a launch 20gb.

I also think that Remote Play is pretty cool and hasn't been addressed yet. I use my PSP to act as a remote control for music streaming from my PS3 to my system around the house. Its super handy and pretty cool at the same time. I take it to work to on Thursdays to download demos before I get home.

[quote name='ryanflucas']I posted this same topic over at GameTZ where I've been a member for many years. Since the member base is bigger here, I'm posting this same topic again.

I'm looking for many different opinions, thoughts, persuasions as to why I should own a Playstation 3.

I currently do all my gaming on a iMac (running Windows 7 Ultimate under bootcamp), PSP Slim, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen, and a Xbox 360. I love the Xbox 360 the most. It's noise level is annoying, but I've learned to live with it. I don't have a blu-ray player, but I do have a few blu-ray movies I picked up along the way cheap.

Just being generally curious, I'm wondering if I'm missing anything by not owning or playing a Playstation 3. Graphics are nice, but I'm more interested in general gameplay here. I like the sense of community and multiplayer I find with my paid membership to Xbox Live. I found enough cheap deals on time cards that I have 2 and a half years prepaid. I had an Xbox 360 die on me once under warranty. I took it back to BestBuy and had a replacement within an hour. I don't have any RROD horror stories.

So what am I missing? Sell me on blu-ray, game sharing, exclusive titles, likes & gripes, whatever. Point me to some youtube comparison videos. Either way I will be using blu-ray soon, I just haven't decided if I want it to be via a PS3 or a general blu-ray player. Local stores here are selling a Panasonic BD60 for $120. It's very tempting but I'm still weighing it against a PS3.

If it makes any difference, I have owned a PS1, PS2, PS2 Slim, Original Xbox, etc. I hated the original Xbox, didn't care for the PS2 regular or slim, really liked the PS1.[/QUOTE]

This message is coming from a guy who owns and plays both systems as well as 27 other ones and been playing for 30 years. I am a fanboy of no system so I’m telling you straight because I play games for the games themselves, I don’t play because of a name on the system itself.

Ill just compare a ps3 with a 360 elite since that seems to be your primary gaming outlet right now and they are priced the same and comparable.

Ps3 has built in included wifi connection for wireless internet, the 360 does not. It will cost you another 100 bucks to buy an addon for the 360 to get wifi. (do note ps3 also includes ethernet for a wired internet connection also so you get both).

Ps3 has bluetooth and usb ports for flash drives, keyboard, mice, microphones, headsets, earpieces and so on, the 360 has neither nor can you add them on.

Ps3 has 100% free online gaming, the 360 charges you a annual fee to play any game online or even have a friends list. Ps3 also has something called Home which is 100% free and optional to use where you make a character and run through a virtual world with other people, chat, check out themed areas like a resident evil 5 area with mini games, trailers playing on big screens, an apartment you get to own and decorate and its constantly being added onto. Think of Home as kind of like The Sims only it a city about games only it has alot of other people in it also with you. I also prefer to ps3 community, 90% of the time I get on xbox live all I hear are a bunch of immature brats cursing and yelling.

Ps3 can play blu ray high def movies and has a really good upconvert on dvds, 360 can only play normal dvds and doesnt improve their picture any. Its also kind of cool I can take a movie I download on my pc, stick it on a usb flash drive, plug it into my ps3 and watch it on my bigger tv right off the flash drive. Can pause, fast forward, frame rate change, zoom in and out and use other options like you can on a dvd from the ps3 video menu.

Not to mention the ps3 runs dead quiet vs a 360 which is quite loud. And ps3 is known for being a pretty problem free machine while 360 even to this day still suffers from hardware problems, hell gamestop stopped taking extended warranties on them (don’t know if they do again now or not) because so many people were bringing them back with problems.

Far as games go both systems have 90% of the exact same games. All big names games like megaman 9, wolfenstein, bioshock 1 & 2, dead rising 2, beatles rock band, ghostbusters, bayonetta, call of duty 4, la noire, fallout 3, rock band 5, grand theft auto 4, modern warfare 2, brutal legend, marvel vs capcom 2, batman arkahm asylum, madden 10, assassins creed 2 and so on are on both systems and will continue to be on both.

Each year the list of exclusive games gets smaller. But personally the games on the ps3 that are exclusive I like better and have more of a variety to them. Killzone 2, MAG, final fantasy 13 versus, demons souls, uncharted 1 and 2, little big planet, flower, god of war 3, gran turismo 5, super stardust hd, metal gear solid 4, resistance 1 and 2, ratchet and clank a crack in time and tools of destruction, infamous, heavy rain among another dozen titles coming out in the next year that are ps3 only I like better. If you like MMO type games ps3 is only system to announce ones coming out for it, the two being DC universe online and Final Fantasy 14 online. But all big name big production games will be on both systems.

And well, I personally like the ps3 controllers better. They feel more comfortable in my hands, the D-Pad is more precise because the 360 d-pad is just a disc and sometimes pushing up registers as left or right, and the batteries are rechargeable in it I that like so when it gets low I just plug in a usb to mini-usb cable in the front of the ps3 and it charges while I play so I don’t have to buy batteries for it, after 2 years of use my controller still holds its charge like it did new.

I’m not anti 360, I just prefer my ps3 more, and more or less just get games for my 360 when it’s a exclusive for the 360.

Everyone legitimizing this tool is stupid. He is taking advantage of your willingness to help and you're falling head over heels like nitwits to do all the work for him that he should have done himself.

yea, we're bored

I agree with everything you said, up to the part where the PS3 controller is better. The 360 stole every good feature from every controller ever made, and they did it better (except for the D pad). The D pad blows

You know, I have the 360 controller, I use it for my PC and I just prefer the DS3 over it. I guess its because I've used the DS3 so much longer but it just feels nicer. The feel of the bumpers especially.

I have had a 360 since the launch of the Elite. I also game on my PC, and have owned pretty much every other system out there at some point. I picked up one of the PS3 slim bundles on black Friday last year. Here is my opinions on the matter so far.

From a strictly hardware standpoint, the PS3 is the better designed / better deal. Good things:
-Blu Ray player. One of the best out there. If you plan on getting a player at some point, why wouldn't you get this.
-Built in wireless compared to having to drop $50+ for an attachment
-Streamlined connectors (for my slim at least). No huge powerbrick. No funky dongles to get optical audio out.
-Built in batteries for controllers. Mini-USB cord charges instead of some proprietary crap
-Better exclusives (taking into consideration that most of the "exclusives" on 360 can be played on PC such as the left 4 dead and mass effect games. Also taking into consideration that I do not like Halo or Gears of War that well.)
-Listing stuff in the PSN store in dollars is much better than a convoluted points system.
-Free Online. Though as someone who has played MMO's in the past and has bills to pay every month, this is not as huge of a selling point to me as it is to some. I think I paid $25.50 for my last year sub on 360 after bing. Which is less than the tank of gas I purchase every 8-10 days.
-Blu Ray format. Very durable, and FFXIII will be the first cross platform game I have purchased on the PS3, mainly due to the multiple discs of the 360 version.
-Noise level. My 360 sounds like a train compared to my PS3
-Reliability. Although I have had my elite for almost 3 years with no problems, I know the RROD will come one day.

And now, the not so good (for me at least).
-I do not know anyone who has a PS3. I have 10-12 or so RL friends and coworkers that I play 360 with, half a dozen or so that I PC game with, and no one that I play PS3 with.
-Most of the exclusives are single(ish) player ordeals. If you are big on online gaming, or playing with friends, the exclusives will not do much for you. Replay value and longevity tend to be lower on games lacking a robust online component for me.
-The controller sucks, ergonomically, after using the 360 pad. I can see why some are loyal to it, but Sony seems to think they perfected controller design 2 console generations and 15 years ago. They did not.

I'm sure there is more (for both lists), but I have mostly positive points listed. If you can afford it and have the time for it (something I have issues with), I say get it.

If I were just now getting into this generation of gaming, and did not have a list of friends with 360's already, I would purchase a PS3 first. This was not the story a couple years ago, but the PS3 has made some big strides. I am sure by the end of this generation, the PS3 will be the dominant console despite the slow start.

That does not mean that the 360 fails by any means. MS is a much larger player in this generation than last, and the game diversity (my main problem with xbox1) has improved dramatically. And it will continue to be my primary console in the near future.

It is all in what you prefer though, I guess. I know some people are really pumped up about God of War 3. I think it will be the same as the last 3 (counting PSP) games with prettier graphics; I am not that excited for it. I am looking forward to 4 player co-op in Crackdown 2 much more.

But, if you own both systems, you can try it all out.

bread's done
Back