Feedback
180 (100%)
header.jpg

spotlight_NEW_friday.jpg
spotlight_NEW_thursday.jpg
spotlight_NEW_wednesday.jpg
spotlight_home_NEW_tuesday.jpg
spotlight_home_NEW_3.jpg

Through the 14th, Steam & Square-Enix/Eidos will be offering sales on some of their catalog of great games.

Weekend Deals:
Batman:Arkham Asylum $24.99 (50% off)
Just Cause $7.49 (50% off)
Batman/Just Cause Bundle $22.09 (66% off)
Final Fantasy XI Online: Ultimate Collection $7.49 (50% off)

Metacritic:
Batman: Arkham Asylum (91)
Just Cause (75)
Final Fantasy XI Online (85)
Final Fantasy XI Online: Chains of Promathia (77)
Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess (XX)
Final Fantasy XI Online: Treasures of Art Urhgan (83)
Final Fantasy XI Online: A Crystalline Prophecy (XX)

Demos:
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Just Cause

Thursday the 11th:
Mini Ninjas $14.99 (50% off)
Gyromancer $7.99 (50% off)
Bundle Pack $15.29 (66% off)

Metacritic:
Mini Ninjas (74)
Gyromancer (71)

Demos:
Mini Ninjas
Gyromancer

Wednesday the 10th:

Tuesday the 9th:
Monday the 8th -
Hitman/Deus Ex Series 50%, or buy them all for 66% off
Deus Ex $4.99 (50% off)
Deus Ex: Invisible War $4.99 (50% off)
Hitman: Codename 47 $4.99 (50% off)
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin $4.99 (50% off)
Hitman: Blood Money $4.99 (50% off)

Hitman/Deus Ex Bundle $16.98 (66% off)
The Hitman Collection $7.99 (60% total savings)
The Deus Ex Collection [currently no savings]

Metacritic:
Deus Ex (90)
Deus Ex: Invisible War (80)
Hitman: Codename 47 (73)
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (87)
Hitman: Blood Money (82)

Demos:
Deus Ex & Demo addon mission
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Hitman: Codename 47
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin & Demo 2
Hitman: Blood Money

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='the_punisher']Deus Ex worth $5? Never played it.[/QUOTE]
Yes, easily one of the best games of all time.

Does anyone else find the Deus Ex pack mispriced?

Deus Ex - $4.99
Invisible War - $4.99

Individual price 9.99
Package price- 29.99
Publisher Week -$18.00

$11.99
Cost to you

[quote name='the_punisher']Deus Ex worth $5? Never played it.[/QUOTE]

Yep. It's an FPS/RPG hybrid, with a pretty healthy amount of choice as far as story elements (3 overall endings, several mini choices along the way) and fighting style go. I really enjoyed the story too, but I'm a sucker for sci-fi dystopian plots.

Deus Ex is a fantastic game. I don't know how it has held up since I played it a few years ago. I might go through it again since I lost my save file after reformatting and never beat it =(

LOL. I bet they're going to put Batman AA on sale for $10 after I bought it from GLFW. Pretty good price for the Hitman/DX pack although I hated, HATED DX:IW when I first played it on release. Maybe I'll try it again to see if I've softened my initial stance.

Hopefully Batman will be put up at a good price. I already own it on 360, but a friend of mine has been waiting for it to go on sale on Steam for awhile now.

A very good line up of games for 50% off. Deus Ex was great, while Invisible War was just meh.

But to be honest, at this stage of these games lives (with the exception of Hitman: Blood Money), $4.99 should be the standard and not sale price.

[quote name='mcgavin27']Does anyone else find the Deus Ex pack mispriced? [/QUOTE]

It is advertised as 60% off the normal package price (and it is), but the normal package price is $29.99 for some reason. Anticipate a change to

Last edited by a moderator:
Deus Ex is definitely worth purchasing and playing. Got my copy on the CGW free Christmas DVD they sent out about 8 years ago. Christ, I'm old.

[quote name='cheapo72']It is advertised as 60% off the normal package price (and it is), but the normal package price is $29.99 for some reason. Anticipate a change to

I feel bad. A good friend of mine bought me Deus Ex GoTY for Christmas back when it was $10, and I have yet to play it. I need to get around to that.
But finish Half Life first.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Dang, I thought for a second that they were putting FF7 & FF8 up on steam lol.[/QUOTE]That would have been quite the downgrade from Deus Ex.

Both Deus Ex games for 5 dollars each? Now that's a steal. I know a lot of people hate on Invisible War, but I'll be damned if I didn't have just as good a time with it as the original. $4.99 is easily justifiable for either of the games.

[quote name='Green Card200']Deus Ex is a fantastic game. I don't know how it has held up since I played it a few years ago. I might go through it again since I lost my save file after reformatting and never beat it =([/QUOTE]

I still love the game, I played it a few months ago and still had tons of fun. I don't know how the Steam version is but the retail version suffers from a few graphical problems in windows 7.

I'd be all over this deal if I didn't already have all of these games. Deus Ex is easily the best of all of them, and is a must own. I feel it still holds up, as I just played it last year for my first time and I appreciated it more than most FPSs.

[quote name='vherub']my guess for future days:
batman, mini ninja, last remnant $10-15, tomb raiders $5-10,[/QUOTE]

Definitely Just Cause somehwere in there.

Deus Ex for $5 bucks? Hmm...

that's tempting, only because I hear nothing but praise for that game.

I'm totally betting on a FFXI Sale, too, this week, since I believe that game is getting a major update this week, along with a host of other game-changing changes down the line. SE will want to revive interest in it.

IIRC Tomb Raider: Underworld was ~$7 sometime around November last year, so I definately can see that one getting cheap (along with the others - they'll probably do a Tomb Raider day of some kind).

Incidentally, if priced well, I definately recommend all three - Crystal Dynamics did a nice job of making the franchise "not suck" like it had been since really Tomb Raider 2 and onward. It's kind of a shame Eidos had to go get mad over Underworld not selling well (because clearly, putting it up against giants like Wrath of the Lich King, Gears of War 2, etc is a smart idea!) and fire a bunch of the CD staff :(

So they put up the Deus Ex package price as 11.99, so it is cheaper to buy each game separate. Any chance you think that they will realize and change the package price to lower than 10 dollars for both games?

[quote name='Blob3001']So they put up the Deus Ex package price as 11.99, so it is cheaper to buy each game separate. Any chance you think that they will realize and change the package price to lower than 10 dollars for both games?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it looks like they switched around the prices for the packages-- the Hitman pack has 3 games and the DE pack has 2. They were probably supposed to be $4 each, so the DE pack should be the $8 one and the Hitman for $12.

They'll probably catch that soon, so get Hitman now if that's all you want!

OK, the Hitman discount it taken off a package price of $20 instead of the correct $30. Deus Ex's error is the opposite.

So if you're just interested in Deus Ex hold off on buying, hoping they'll notice their mistake.
If you're interested in Hitman only, buy now before they notice the mistake.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I still love the game, I played it a few months ago and still had tons of fun. I don't know how the Steam version is but the retail version suffers from a few graphical problems in windows 7.[/QUOTE]

I have yet to try Deus Ex under Windows 7, but anyone interested in playing this on a modern PC might want to try these rewritten renderers: http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/ These files will help the game run better as well as support higher resolutions. Highly recommend them, and the UT99 as well if anyone here still plays it.

Maybe this sale is the time for me to give it another go under Win 7.

[quote name='Mike UFC']LOL. I bet they're going to put Batman AA on sale for $10 after I bought it from GLFW. Pretty good price for the Hitman/DX pack although I hated, HATED DX:IW when I first played it on release. Maybe I'll try it again to see if I've softened my initial stance.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking the same thing. I almost jumped on the GFWL deal, but knew Steam would do a drop on it.
I'm hoping that this will be the week.

This is great, I had been waiting for Deus Ex to go on sale! I have the PS2 port(Deus Ex: The Conspiracy) but don't have my PS2 with me so I've been dying to replay this!

Exclamation points!

I have no idea why the Deus Ex pack isn't $7.50 ...I'd buy that in a heart beat, but now I'm struggling with the thought of buying both at $5 each when I already own physical copies of both. Yes, I'm cheap and poor... $2.50 is so little and yet so much at the same time.

...and Invisible War is definitely worth a purchase in my opinion. It may not have been the leap forward you'd want from a sequel, but it's not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination.

[quote name='ClaudeBalls']I have yet to try Deus Ex under Windows 7, but anyone interested in playing this on a modern PC might want to try these rewritten renderers: http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/ .[/QUOTE]
[quote name='TestType']Anybody getting Deus Ex should perhaps try this tool to fix various issues it can have on modern systems. Check it out: http://www.kentie.net/article/dxguide/index.htm[/QUOTE]

You might also want to try John P's textures for DX:IW (and Thief 2&3) and the High-Def Texture Pack for DX.

So I was a huge Deus Ex fan back in the day, and when I played Invisible War on my xbox I was utterly disappointed because they dumbed it down for the console.

With that said, if I didn't really like the simplified xbox version, is the PC version worth picking up? It's been years since I've played IW ... but I know I could only buy it on console at the time because I didn't have a PC capable of running it. Is there any big difference between the xbox version and the PC version, any more depth in gameplay that was missing?

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Hoping for a $5 or less deal on Just Cause 1. The 2nd one looks pretty awesome and never got around to playing the first.[/QUOTE]

There is no doubt in my mind they will do it.

Here are my predictions for the entire week -

All Tomb Raider games
Just Cause
Last Remnant
Weekend deal will be Batman, probably at 75% to mimic the GFWL sale.

[quote name='doodofdoods']will these last all week or just one day each?[/QUOTE]

With "a set of different deep discounted games each day", I wouldn't risk waiting until Tuesday.

bread's done
Back