PSP Games soon to play on the Ps3 system?

phantasyx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
While its not Official Sony is clearly testing the compatability for psp games to upscale on HD TV's through the playstation store mini's. Hopefully when the PSP2 is annouced they will add a emulator for the ps3 because I have not been able to play psp games since I lost my psp at LAX in 2007 :(.

PSP games would beat ANY psn store games out currently.

Last edited by a moderator:
You must be trollin'.

Because that'd be too good and too badass to be true!

I would buy psp games just for that. Even if I don't own a psp!

They could take the idea on how they run their classic ps1 games. You can buy them off the store and play them on the handheld or the console. Almost same idea here. I would like to see this happen, right along ps2 games on the network.

I just want a PSP player for the ps3 so I can just put in my UMD discs and play like Nintendo did on the GCN and SNES with the Gameboy Player.

I'd like to see the PSP2 get some trophy support; but hey I'd love to be able to play psp2 games using the ps3... but I guess I'd have to happy w/ the psp2 being connected to the ps3. I'm sure sony still wants the games to be bought for use on the psp2 and not just as a ps3 psn title.

Hey, so can't you use the PSPGo and play PSP games on your TV with a USB cable or something? I know you can pair a DS3 to the PSPGo. I could have sworn I heard it on the PS Nation Podcast.

You can play PSP games on your TV starting with the 2000 model, which you can connect to the TV via a component cable, but as far as I'm aware there's no PS3 interactivity there. You still have to use the PSP as your controller; the TV replaces the screen. I guess technically with the Go you could do it, as you hook it up via component cable and then use the DS3, though it's obviously still not using the PS3.

I do think it would be a decent move on their part to allow for a dual playing of titles, or to make some add-on to play UMD discs. We know that Sony tries to make up their loss on systems from software sales, so why not open the floodgates to the millions who own a PS3 but not a PSP? I own a PSP myself, but if given a choice, I'd rather play the game on my TV (I only have a phat PSP) rather than sit around my much much smaller PSP screen.

If anything this would drastically increase sales on PSP. There are games people want on PSP but don't want to get a PSP for em. And the only mini that matters isn't supported.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']I don't know, man. I just don't see them undercutting their handheld service like that.

Do you have a source for this?[/QUOTE]

Companies make more money on software than they do hardware so it's not that far fetched.

I would definitely welcome this but I'm willing to bet that with Sony's push for digital content, that this will be strictly limited to PSP games purchased form the PSN. I'm not a big fan of digital distribution so I wouldn't really care if that's how it worked. It would be cool if they'd let UMD games get uploaded from PSP's to PS3s but I doubt they would allow that.

[quote name='Vinny']Companies make more money on software than they do hardware so it's not that far fetched.

I would definitely welcome this but I'm willing to bet that with Sony's push for digital content, that this will be strictly limited to PSP games purchased form the PSN. I'm not a big fan of digital distribution so I wouldn't really care if that's how it worked. It would be cool if they'd let UMD games get uploaded from PSP's to PS3s but I doubt they would allow that.[/QUOTE]
Sony doesn't make money on PSP software any more.

[quote name='WormFOODx']I hope this is true because I don't want to have to buy a PSP just to play Valkyria Chronicles 2.[/QUOTE]

ditto

I only have one game I'd like to mention:

Metal Gear Peace walker

come on, you know you want to play it on the big screen with enhanced HD graphics. Thats where I wanted this post to lead mostly, a emulator that not only plays a psp game on your system but also enhances the quality of the game. Thats what I got out of that article. Now if you want to sit in a corner, in the dark and play this game I will leave you to it. However tell me that you wouldn't rather play this game and all Hideo's glory on a big screen in HD (bad scaling aside).

[quote name='phantasyx']I only have one game I'd like to mention:

Metal Gear Peace walker

come on, you know you want to play it on the big screen with enhanced HD graphics. Thats where I wanted this post to lead mostly, a emulator that not only plays a psp game on your system but also enhances the quality of the game. Thats what I got out of that article. Now if you want to sit in a corner, in the dark and play this game I will leave you to it. However tell me that you wouldn't rather play this game and all Hideo's glory on a big screen in HD (bad scaling aside).[/QUOTE]
Except that it wouldn't have enhanced HD graphics. It'll look like a sub-SD game that's been stretched to an HD resolution like the Minis that have been released so far. You're putting way too much faith in what the emulator offers, as it doesn't even allow use of the right stick for dual stick shooters that make due with using the face buttons on the PSP.

Exactly, why would i want to play my little perverted game of Dead or Alive: Paradise on my psp secretly in my room where no on else is around when i could be playing it on my PS3 with 5.1 surround sound with my friends and family around! Yeah!!!!
onion_msn_smilies-15.gif

Yeah this would be nice. I'd play PSP games much more often. It wouldn't cannibalize sales. I'm sure that a lot of people buying Minis started buying more since they can play it on PS3 and PSP at the same time.

More choice = better

[quote name='phantasyx']locoroco and patapon would also be great.[/QUOTE]

i think they did make a locoroco for ps3.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Sony doesn't make money on PSP software any more.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? Is it because of piracy?

the psp system they don't make much on however first party software and some 3rd they DO make money on like resistance is one socom stuff like that.

I'd like to get a PSP Go, but I just don't know what games I'd buy for it. Also, it doesn't have the whole UMD catalog. I like the form factor of the GO, but would rather have all of the catalog at my disposal (plus, the games are always full price and only from Sony--until Amazon starts selling them I guess).

At this point, I think I'm going to hold off for the PSP Go 2 or whatever.

bread's done
Back