CAGcast #191: Motion Fighters

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-l=4668]3078[/img-l]The trio talks PlayStation Move, God of War III, Just Cause 2, Battlefield Bad Company 2, and Blur. We also cover the latest industry and shopping news, answer your CAGbag and Twitter questions and oh so much more!

Listen to learn how to win a $60 Amazon gift card!

[podcast]100[/podcast]
Download - 108 minutes, 52MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$6.95 domain = CAGDOMAIN[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Last edited by a moderator:
If Shipwreck thinks Final Fantasy is trying to be realistic then Mario is the most realistic thing ever.

The investment for Sega into Yakuza 3 isn't that much considering they already made a lot of money from it in Japan 2 years ago.

"Kingdom Hearts 386 divided by 2 days...whoever came up with that title...should be kicked in the balls. Seriously."
Man, I laughed out loud so many times this episode!

Great show this week guys, really enjoyed it.

Was my first time back listening after about a month or so and I'm really happy to say that I think I picked a great show to return on.

Keep on keeping on, I think all three of you bring something different to the show, and it's what makes the CAG Cast better than other casts. And yes that is including Wombat haha.

Freakin' Wombat had me laughing within the first couple of minutes.

Still liking the addition of shipwreck - you guys are all great together.

didnt care for the JC2 demo that much. the shooting mechanics just seemed kinda sloppy to me. ill rent it and see if i was wrong about it though.

You dont have to hope that the SonyBM and the Shitbox fail. They should fail quite alright on their own. Now what you have to be worried about is what the standard out of the box controllers will be for the next cycle.

Even then, you still dont have to worry because people are still going to make games you want to play. More than you possibly have time to play.

Man i just can't help staying up a few hours later just to listen to the brand new CAGcast right away.

Favorite line from the show: "Last time I saw him he had blue hair and he looked like he needed a sandwich badly."

I think that Womabt said it best when he said that the PlayStation Move controller can go fuck itself.Also I really do like the addition of Shipwreck to the show it adds something extra that was missing before.I would change the transitions maybe have music instead of saying now on to the cagbag.

The Red Herring makes the show more enjoyable, but Wombat's bed noises gives me nightmares. No more sex sounds, please?

Great show, finally starting to get used to Boat-Crash and his annoying voice. Also just from Wombat's twitter name that we share a birthday (only the day not the year, I'm not an old fart just yet) so happy early birthday!

Looking at the screen shots of the "Move" (I agree, horrible name) it looks like it will be able to be plugged in like all other PS3 peripherals and will probably charge. I don't see why now, (when even the Sony blu-tooth gets plugged in to charge) they would go the M$ route of buying batteries in order to play the game.

As for the peripheral, I hope this will be a good experience to be honest, I was very impressed with the E3 presentation last year along with the natal project. The thought of being able to play as a gladiator with full motion control intrigues me.

Oh and didn't the guys say last year that what they were showing was a prototype and that the final version would not look like anything close to that? It still looks like a dildo and something you don't want to be caught playing with.

Wow you guys, where do I begin with this episode:

First of all, I have been working at my local Gamestop for 3 years, so I LOVED your "spot-on" impersonation of us Gamestop employees. Wombat's flawless impression of us discussing when we first cried while playing Final Fantasy was especially accurate. Of course I'm being sarcastic when I say you were right. In actuality fuck YOU guys! Wombat, go take a dump in a box and send it to Unicef, or whatever other charities you hate, you no good, Scrooge-of-the-Century, shit stain on America's taint. Believe it or not there are socially well-adjusted human beings like myself who work at Gamestops who don't spend their work days circle jerking to the newest JRPG.

On a more pleasant note, I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard at a CAGcast. The whole discussion about Sony's bowl movement and the sub-controller that attaches to the "fuck stick" had me rolling on the floor.

(not actually angry, just representing for my Gamestop bretheren. You guys continue to rock, keep up the great show)

Given the username, TheTrueSephiroth's post is wonderfully ironic.

Anyways, loved the episode. That's pretty surprising about Sega, it hadn't even crossed my mind how much they've put out this year. All good by me, though. I dug Bayonetta and am looking forward to busting some heads in Yakuza.

The Jeff Gerstmann comments always surprise me a bit also. I can't remember now if Ship has stated that he's only kidding around, but I think Jeff has pretty good taste. All the Giant Bomb guys have a good grasp on games, in my opinion.

Oh, and the hostess joke won't ever get old =D

Cheapy tell your wife that taking a cold shower cuts a toughness groove in her brain.

Keep up the good work.

[quote name='TheTrueSephiroth'] Believe it or not there are socially well-adjusted human beings like myself [/QUOTE]

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Anywho can't wait to listen to the show. The show is so much better with 3 host.

I agree with Wombat on Chime. I didn't get it either. I tried the demo, and while $5 is an excellent price to a game, and it's nice to know that most of that will go to charity, it just wasn't that compelling to me.

I'm glad that people have been downloading and enjoying it, though.

I enjoyed listening to the CAGcast. Good information on the CAGcast about SEGA releasing 10 games in the last 3 months. You guys are doing a great job on the CAGcast, keep it up.

Glad to hear a new podcast up. And NOTHING makes me feel better as I'm scraping together pennies for video games than to hear someone complain about their luxury apartment with desirable view...

Good show, but maybe you should hold off on contests til the end of the show, so I don't have to stop listening halfway through just to enter. Also, how about a version of the site for mible phones.

Cheapy YOU SAID YOU'D READ MY COMMENT IF I PUT IT IN ALL CAPS, SO HERE IT IS. EVER FEEL LIKE SINCE YOU LIKE HOWARD STERN SO MUCH, YOU SORT OF APE HIS STYLE? IT'S NOT A BAD THING SO KEEP IT UP. ALSO TELL WOMBAT HE DOES BEST WHEN HE IS THE INFORMATIVE ONE NOT THE JEALOUS SIDEKICK, HE KNOWS HIS STUFF AND HIS OPINION ON GAMING IS USUALLY SPOT ON BUT SOMETIMES HE DOES THAT JEALOUS JEW THING A BIT TOO MUCH. SHIPWRECK, YOU ARE FINE... I GUESS. ALTHOUGH YOUR TASTE IN GAMING IS A BIT MEH.

GOOD SHOW.

Cheapy, speaking of the Hal Halpin thing, my recent experience is:

I went to the website and found that YOU CAN NOW CANCEL your membership through the site.
After cancelling, I started getting daily newsletters from them (never got them when I was a member). I went to the site and confirmed I was set NOT to receive email from them. The unsubscribe link in the email newsletter says it works, but it doesn't.

What a douche company. Seriously, did his 8 year old nephew build that site?

I've now marked them as spam.

Personally I love the show. It help gets me through the day as a stay at home dad. Hearing other people just shooting the shit, even in the background, keeps me sane. Also amuses the lil one as well. Keep up the good work guys.

Good show. I like the little stories about Japanese electronics/utilities. Cheapy, don't waste your money on a soundbar or single "surround sound" speaker. Those can't beat true, 5.1 surround sound speakers.

Really enjoyed this one. So agreeing on all of the motion control nonsense. The 3-guy dynamic really came together this show. Time to get ol' Boatcrash on the CAGcast graphic, don't ya think?

Cheapy, try using some Cat 5/6 cable for your speaker wire. use one color(both strands) for the positive and another for negative. Good luck, spacepimp!

Oh come on guys, get of wombats back. He's probably the main reason I am listening to this show. Cheapy is pretty funny when he is talking about holes in his underwear or pooping in some showers and crashboat is really knowledgeable about videogames but wombat stupid jokes make me crack up most of the time. Just respect his honest opinion about chime, god of war 3, etc.
Great Show by the way and keep up the good work!

haha, I laughed when you guys brought up the Gamepro review because I was the second comment, as user snuhzone, and have been dogging that reviewer since his Darksiders review.

bread's done
Back