Perfect Dark ZERO LE $18.92 or 13.04 if combined for FSSS

I bought the used version, played and returned it after few hours of gameplay.
The game is nothing like the N64 version and the control feels extremely stiff especially in multilayer. If I recall correctly, it wasn't very easy to find a match though.

Still waiting for this to hit $5 new on Amazon before biting. Reading a few reviews and viewing some gameplay, I can't justify spending more than that :/

Thanks OP! Picked it up since I hadn't played it yet. I was going to get the standard edition for $10 at newegg, but this seemed just as good.

The Platinum Hits is only $1.23 more and contains the map pack on disk that is normally 500 points (the second map pack was released free). That being said, the better deal is finding the PH version at GS for $4.99. Most people end up not liking the game, and the resale value is zilch. I have a strange obsession with it and have been whittling away at the achievements since '05.

[quote name='KillerRamen']Single player sucks, but the multiplayer was fun (or good enough) during the launch.[/QUOTE]

Infection was such a blast when there was actually humans on the other end instead of bots. Everyone was playing at launch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it is 5 years old. I really enjoyed it though when I played it back in 2005. Better game than a lot of higher profile ones IMO, and I liked it better than the first one overall.

Hope Rare has something neat in the works. Don't necessarily need more FPS from them given how cluttered the genre is (though I'm sure I'd like it), but the market is super light on adventure-y/platform-y games...

This game did not age well. Considering it's one of the 360 launch titles, def not worth more than $5. If you've been playing the new eye-candy games, going back to PDZ will make your eyes bleed.

for 30 at buy.com, you can get perfect dark zero (I think I got the platinum hits version with my order a few weeks back), crackdown, project slypheed and two rechargeable controller batteries (either pink or blue)....all with free shipping.

I got the LE version a long time ago and I didn't think it was anything special....likewise with the game overall...I think I played two levels and than sold it.

http://www.buy.com/prod/xbox-360-ho...ero-project-sylpheed/q/loc/108/213455509.html

[quote name='bh47']This game did not age well. Considering it's one of the 360 launch titles, def not worth more than $5. If you've been playing the new eye-candy games, going back to PDZ will make your eyes bleed.[/QUOTE]

yep played the demo and boy does the graphic sux

I really enjoyed the multiplayer on this one, and for some reason, so do my friends (surprising considering all of the hate it's getting).

Still, you should definitely buy the Platinum Hits release over the Limited Edition, as it contains the bonus DLC multiplayer maps you'd otherwise have to pay for (and with the bare few amount of maps it comes with, you definitely want those).

i got a limited edition copy used for 4 bucks shipped on ebay, i didn't think it was as bad as people make it out to be.

[quote name='Doomtime']Loved this game. Can't believe it's almost 5 years old. Geez.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, isn't it kind of mind blowing? :hot:

[quote name='Rozz']I really enjoyed the multiplayer on this one, and for some reason, so do my friends (surprising considering all of the hate it's getting). [/quote]

Yeah, and people seem to forget how old it is. Personally I probably had more fun with it then like Call of Duty 4 though, and definitely more fun than Halo 1 or Uncharted 1.

Eh...
I don't know why people say that. Looks worse, plays worse IMO, and I wasn't even able to finish it. I like the character too, and wish she was used more. Microsoft should be taking better advantage of Rare IMO :(

[quote name='Wolfpup']Eh...
I don't know why people say that. Looks worse, plays worse IMO, and I wasn't even able to finish it. I like the character too, and wish she was used more. Microsoft should be taking better advantage of Rare IMO :([/QUOTE]

I think nostalgia plays a big role in it. Personally, I agree with you in that Perfect Dark Zero is superior to the original.

[quote name='Kerig']Perfect Dark HD on XBLA in 5 days, only 800 MS points. Done.[/QUOTE]

No it's not. Rereleasing a 10 year old game isn't remotely what I'd consider taking advantage of Rare. Where are the original games? Where are the sequels? The only thing we've really gotten was the (apparently excellent but it's still in my backlog) Banjo 3, and that was two years ago.

[quote name='SirMikael']I bought the LE for $5 or $10 more than a year ago. I'm not trying to threadcrap, but this isn't all that great of a deal.[/QUOTE]

Was it used or new?

My two cents:

Terrible game. Even the dev team admitted this was a rushed and unfinished game and it shows. I'm more familiar with the single player than the multiplayer, so online you might find this more of a gem, but alone on the campaign it's got a really awful story, annoying as hell characters, cheap gimmicks, uninspired stages, an annoying 'helper' squawking in your ear every minute or so (think of her as a Jamacan Navi), and the controls are fussy. You're better off spending your cast on just about anything else.

...but that's just my two cents.

Heads up, it's awful. It has this really odd camera/control feeling that oddly makes it unplayable. That and the level design is awful.

[quote name='icedrake523']Save your money to buy MS points to buy the updated version of the first game. MUCH better.[/QUOTE]
I was trying to figure out why someone would buy the old one

Picked up a like new copy of the LE at GS the other day with some spare credit I had from flipping two copies of L4D2 when I could get $47.61 for each one. :p

[quote name='Wolfpup']No it's not. Rereleasing a 10 year old game isn't remotely what I'd consider taking advantage of Rare. Where are the original games? Where are the sequels? The only thing we've really gotten was the (apparently excellent but it's still in my backlog) Banjo 3, and that was two years ago.[/QUOTE]

Nuts & Bolts wasn't Banjo 3, it was just a hideous side-game. The re-designs made me want to vomit.

bread's done
Back