Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots $19.99 and eligible for FSS

Geb

CAGiversary!
I know this game has reached this price point several times, but Amazon is finally offering at this price again. Newegg is also offering it at this price with free shipping. Great game for the PS3 if you haven't played it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best game on the PS3, hands down. If you haven't beat it yet, I feel sorry for you (and please don't judge it by the demo)...
I hated the demo and loved the game. MUST PLAY!

Have this game in my backlog, got it for this same price about 2 months ago when Gamestop had it on sale, was happy to have ended up with a non GH copy too!

[quote name='josh62488']never played any MGS games b4...but liked the demo....if i play this will I be lost?[/QUOTE]

I played all the Metal Gear Solid games at least twice and still had to look stuff up to figure out everything that was going on in the story. The MGS series is known for the crazy, convoluted plot. That being said, for $20 you are still getting a great stealth/action game. If you like the demo, I would pick it up.

[quote name='Lord Darkstorn']Best game on the PS3, hands down. If you haven't beat it yet, I feel sorry for you (and please don't judge it by the demo)...
I hated the demo and loved the game. MUST PLAY![/QUOTE]

It isn't if you've played Uncharted 2. :D

[quote name='ZForce915']It isn't if you've played Uncharted 2. :D[/QUOTE]
Uncharted 2 was amazing, but the story and characters were all so stereotypical. MGS4's uniqueness is unparalleled.
I'll admit U2 is one of the best games this gen, but it's still not quite as good as MGS4 or Bioshock, in my opinion.

If you really need it soon, I guess its a deal. Otherwise, if you wait for Gamestop's GAMEDAYS Sale!, you can get a gutted copy for $19.99 plus tax.

What I really need is for MGS4 to drop to like 19.99 used at gamestop, so I can pick up Disgaea 3, Valkyria Chronicles, and MGS4 in a b2g1........................................................screw it in for 1 :)

[quote name='josh62488']never played any MGS games b4...but liked the demo....if i play this will I be lost?[/QUOTE]

If I recall, there is a free download on PSN that is an interactive database to get you up to speed. I'm in the same boat--never played any MGS, but couldn't resist it for $17 last month at Sam's Club. I downloaded the database thingie months ago, just for the heck of it.

EDIT: I just checked. It's called the Metal Gear Solid 4 Database. :) And it covers all previous games. It's pretty shnazzy. I think it even looks at your savegame data and locks out bits that might spoil you, depending on how far into the game you are. Definitely worth checking out since it's free!

You'd be lost even if you played through all of them, haha.

Still worth playing (more like watching) though.

[quote name='dchrisd']If you really need it soon, I guess its a deal. Otherwise, if you wait for Gamestop's GAMEDAYS Sale!, you can get a gutted copy for $19.99 plus tax.[/QUOTE]

Wait...how is that a better deal or worth waiting for?
Even if you don't have prime or a way to get the FSSS at amazon you can get it for $19.99 shipped from Newegg unless you have tax but then it'd be the same cost as Gamestop except you'd get it in a couple days instead of a couple weeks and NOT gutted.

In for one at Newegg, thanks OP. And to think that I almost bought the game a few months ago for $30 at Best Buy just because I had a gift card.

No tax is a plus and since they accept PayPal funding, it feels as if I didn't lose any money. :D

bread's done
Back