The Sixth Annual CAG March Madness Contest - Time For Our Brackets to Fall Apart

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
The First, Second, Third, Fourth, and Fifth Annual March Madness contests have gone very well with all three going down to the wire in determining the winners. I've got a few games to add to the prize pool, along with maybe a few more that I may be getting soon, and maybe some donated games from generous CAGs. I prefer new, sealed games, but would accept opened games as long as they're mint and complete,
meaning that they look like they've only had the plastic ripped off with little to no scratches on the disc.
If you'd like to donate games, please PM me. This contest will be conducted through Yahoo's Tourney Pick-'em set-up, which streamlines the process and just lets everyone worry about their picks. You can find the quick link to the group here.

Current Prize Pool
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames - Xbox 360 - Sealed - FriskyTanuki
NBA Street Homecourt - Xbox 360 - Sealed - FriskyTanuki
Deadly Premonition - Xbox 360 - Sealed - FriskyTanuki
Rock Band: Unplugged - PSP - Sealed - FriskyTanuki
Singstar Queen - PS3 - Sealed - FriskyTanuki
Greed Corp. - Xbox 360 - FriskyTanuki
Brutal Legend - Xbox 360 - FriskyTanuki
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - DS - FriskyTanuki
Saints Row 2 - PS3 - Sealed - Josh5890
Dragon Quest VIII - PS2 - Sito

Right now, the tourney itself is still being set up and will be set in stone on Selection Sunday (check out ESPN or whoever else that's doing coverage). However, in the meanwhile, you can sign up and join the CAG group to reserve your spot. The deadline to get your picks in is five minutes before the first game starts on Thursday, March 18.

Entry Guide: Just head to here to create your pick set and then go here and enter the group ID# (52247) and password (cheapyd) to sign up and join the group. The only thing I require of you is to post here if your pick set name or yahoo ID doesn't match your CAG ID so that I know it's you.

If I see people who haven't done this come Wednesday night (March 17), you will be booted. Last year, Yahoo started allowing people to join groups after the tipoff, so if I kick you during the final check just before tipoff, or you were not in at this point, and you join again, you will be banned from the group to prevent that from happening again. I will have a list of everyone involved, so you have to be on the list to be eligible to win. I will make a check on the list to line up everyone the night before tipoff and boot anyone I cannot link to a CAG username, so you will have a chance to get back in if you let me know who you are. I will make the final sweep just before tipoff and kick any stragglers left on the list. I would also prefer that those entering the contest be from the United States and Canada to minimize shipping costs and the chances of shipment errors. I also have the ability to alter the rules if other changes to Yahoo's Tourney rules have been made that interfere with the ones for the contest. The group can hold up to 500 people, so I think we'll have enough for anyone that wants to join. If we do reach that total, I'll create a new group for the rest of the CAGs that want to enter.

I will probably pick winners the same way I did last year: the top 3 scorers will get prizes. Depending on how many prizes there are, the top winner will get first pick on the list, then second place, and third place gets what's left.

Feel free to chat about the tourney, your team's chances, and all that fun stuff once you sign up. If you have any questions post here. Good luck to everyone that enters.

Also, keep your posts civil and mature. If you can't do that, then don't post in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks FT! I enjoyed participating last year and this year should be very interesting.

Evan Turner made quite a buzzer beater to win Ohio State's first Big Ten Tourney game.

I'm hoping the Buckeyes win the entire tourney so they can possibly get a one seed.

Kentucky finally woke up and beat Bama.

Tomorrows Kentucky vs Tenn rematch should be interesting.

Last year I picked 100% correct the first day. Then it all went downhill from there ... Fun times.

Bracket name - GF_Eric

Thanks for setting this up. Best part of college sports. There's nothing like a tiny school making the elite 8 or final 4.

Congrats Buckeyes Big Ten champs!

Wow! the committee really penalized Syracuse fourth #1 seed and forced to play out west.

Yay, the Jayhawks got the #1 overall seed! :D
I'll make my entry later. Gonna take some time to make one on ESPN for my real life pool, then I'll make on on here.

This is my first time, and I hope it turns out good!

my bracket name and yahoo name are musashix4.

I'm definitely in for another tourney year. I think I originally signed up for CAG when Frisky ran this contest a few years back.

I'll sign up later this week.

bread's done
Back