Rare Xbox 360 games

VideoGamesIzFun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
Hey all! I would like to compile a list of rare Xbox 360 games (seeing as how I can't find any on the internet). I figured this would be the best place to start it because you guys know about this stuff. Any suggestions??

:360:Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition
:360:Tales of Vesperia Collector's Edition
:360:Fallout 3 Survival Edition
:360:Mass Effect Limited Edition
:360:Bioshock Limited Edition
:360:My Horse and Me 2
:360:Beautiful Katamari
:360:Culdcept Saga

:360:Nfs:prostreet Faceplate

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='62t']Katamari but it dropped a bit after it showed up on XBL[/QUOTE]

Ok thats a good one. I know there are a couple for sure. Katamari was released almost 3 years ago and is still available to trade in at gamestop trade 2 get new game for $20 deals... so we got a start

As far as oblivion with rating.. pics or explain because I havent heard of this?

I'd imagine if anything, it'd be a couple collector's editions, like Tales of Vesperia, and Bioshock. Mass Effect 1 as well; I don't think I ever saw that one before in person

[quote name='lolwut?']I'd imagine if anything, it'd be a couple collector's editions, like Tales of Vesperia, and Bioshock. Mass Effect 1 as well; I don't think I ever saw that one before in person[/QUOTE]

Good point, I never really thought the limited editions of games were worth it, but appearantly they are when they are truly limited

Titles with real Limited Editions like Dragon Age Origins are going to be fairly rare for the most part.

But besides collector's edition I can't think of that much really. There's some I can think with smaller production runs that are tougher to find than some. Operation Darkness and Culdcept Saga come to mind for instance, but you can typically track them down with a bit of effort as well and typically for not too much money.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Titles with real Limited Editions like Dragon Age Origins are going to be fairly rare for the most part.

But besides collector's edition I can't think of that much really. There's some I can think with smaller production runs that are tougher to find than some. Operation Darkness and Culdcept Saga come to mind for instance, but you can typically track them down with a bit of effort as well and typically for not too much money.[/QUOTE]

Are saying Culdcept Saga and Operation Darkness are rare? Or that they have limited editions (??)

Also do you guys think Darkest of Days is going to be rare?? I have honestly never seen the game

[quote name='62t']Katamari but it dropped a bit after it showed up on XBL[/QUOTE]What really? The game itself isn't even THAT great :\ maybe I should flip my copy

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']

As far as oblivion with rating.. pics or explain because I havent heard of this?[/QUOTE]

Oblivion launched with a Teen rating, only to be temporarily yanked off shelves and re-rated Mature.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Are saying Culdcept Saga and Operation Darkness are rare? Or that they have limited editions (??)

Also do you guys think Darkest of Days is going to be rare?? I have honestly never seen the game[/QUOTE]

Not limited editions, but I'm saying they are titles you don't see everywhere (mainly cuz nobody buys them). Doesn't exactly mean they are rare or valuable in any way. For instance I bought Operation Darkness about 2 months ago for about $15. IMO for it to be rare and have any value, it has to be hard to find as well as still have some demand for it. I'd say something like Darkest Days is in the same fold, it maybe not be something you see alot, but it's also not in any real demand.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Not limited editions, but I'm saying they are titles you don't see everywhere (mainly cuz nobody buys them). Doesn't exactly mean they are rare or valuable in any way. For instance I bought Operation Darkness about 2 months ago for about $15. IMO for it to be rare and have any value, it has to be hard to find as well as still have some demand for it. I'd say something like Darkest Days is in the same fold, it maybe not be something you see alot, but it's also not in any real demand.[/QUOTE]

OD is $9 shipped on Newegg. It's not hard to find.

There are a couple limited editions that might be relatively rare, but the only other games I can think of that are worth anything / in demand are Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition (one just sold on ebay for $761) and the Ace Combat 6 Flightstick bundle. There are actually a lot of rare 360 faceplates that sell in the $100's.

[quote name='mitch079']
A good price guide online for games is - http://www.videogamepricecharts.com/console/xbox-360[/QUOTE]

Very nice list. This pretty much sums it up.

Dead Space limited edition is the highest so far.
Katamari is around $30ish which is fair for a out of print game,but as another person said you can get a digital download for $20 now, and also Gamecrazy has it for $20 I've seen a few copies at a local store.

Yea but we also need to take into consideration that theses game are all still new and it is hard to tell their rarity right now but in about 10 years from now will they be rare? What about Asterix at the Olympic games NTSC?

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Yea but we also need to take into consideration that theses game are all still new and it is hard to tell their rarity right now but in about 10 years from now will they be rare? What about Asterix at the Olympic games NTSC?[/QUOTE]

Asterix at the Olympic is a Canada only game. It never got a US release but lots of people from Canada are selling it on ebay.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Yea but we also need to take into consideration that theses game are all still new and it is hard to tell their rarity right now but in about 10 years from now will they be rare?[/QUOTE]

My bad. I'll go hop into my time machine and let you know later, k?

[quote name='62t']Asterix at the Olympic is a Canada only game. It never got a US release but lots of people from Canada are selling it on ebay.[/QUOTE]

order it from Inetvideo.com if you want it: $8.99 + shipping new.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Titles with real Limited Editions like Dragon Age Origins are going to be fairly rare for the most part.

But besides collector's edition I can't think of that much really. There's some I can think with smaller production runs that are tougher to find than some. Operation Darkness and Culdcept Saga come to mind for instance, but you can typically track them down with a bit of effort as well and typically for not too much money.[/QUOTE]

Those are referred to as "uncommon" games. Namco/bandai are the only ones so far on regular editions of games that seem to have any value. Tales of Vesperia was inflated till it got a reprint. Katamari & Culdcept are getting harder to find but don't really have any value.

I also imagine some of the capcom games this gen will inflate in prices in a few years because they always do. Look at the capcom games on PS1. A bunch of those could have been had on the cheap for years. Then boom they rocketed in price. :roll:

I do believe the Burger King series of games can be classified in the "rare" category. You do know that nearly every copy of the game was burnt by people who possessed it. Only 7 copies remain in the world that were not spit on and burnt at some time.

perfect dark zero limited edition and quake 4 limited edition are launch titles hard to find but don't hold much value. most of the things the op posted were editions no one wanted or people thought weren't worth the $.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Oblivion launched with a Teen rating, only to be temporarily yanked off shelves and re-rated Mature.[/QUOTE]

I have a T for TEEN rated Oblivion. How rare is it and is it worth much?
The only thing is the disc says M but the cover and book say T.

Seems like Eternal Sonata on PS3 may be starting to get rare, I saw a used copy at Gamestop with a price tag of $40. Not sure what the 360 version's price tag is. I know even the regular version of ToV on 360 sells for $35 used at Gamestop.

If you want to talk about faceplates, the E3 05 one (white with the green circle swirl 360 logo and E3 05 on the USB door) is pretty rare. I used to have one but I sold it on EBay a couple of years back. The Eternal Sonata faceplates given with preorders of the 360 version of the game at Gamestop are also kinda rare, as are the faceplates for preordering GTA IV at Game Crazy.

How rare would be some of the Gamestop only CE of 360 games, like Forza 3 or Assassin's Creed 2, be?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Seems like Eternal Sonata on PS3 may be starting to get rare, I saw a used copy at Gamestop with a price tag of $40. Not sure what the 360 version's price tag is. I know even the regular version of ToV on 360 sells for $35 used at Gamestop.

If you want to talk about faceplates, the E3 05 one (white with the green circle swirl 360 logo and E3 05 on the USB door) is pretty rare. I used to have one but I sold it on EBay a couple of years back. The Eternal Sonata faceplates given with preorders of the 360 version of the game at Gamestop are also kinda rare, as are the faceplates for preordering GTA IV at Game Crazy.

How rare would be some of the Gamestop only CE of 360 games, like Forza 3 or Assassin's Creed 2, be?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop is again ripping people off. You can get ToV new for $30. As for Eternal Sonata, I'm not sure what's up with that. Best Buy had tons of copies 6 months ago for $20 a piece. I should have picked one up, since the game goes for double that now.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Seems like Eternal Sonata on PS3 may be starting to get rare, I saw a used copy at Gamestop with a price tag of $40. Not sure what the 360 version's price tag is. I know even the regular version of ToV on 360 sells for $35 used at Gamestop.

How rare would be some of the Gamestop only CE of 360 games, like Forza 3 or Assassin's Creed 2, be?[/QUOTE]Checking eBay for Assassin's Creed 2 Master Assassin Edition shows numerous auctions with BIN's of 2x retail price (new & sealed), and some other random auctions without BINs all over the map.

Forza 3 LE's are the same way from a quick eBay search.

[quote name='Matt Young']Gamestop is again ripping people off. You can get ToV new for $30. As for Eternal Sonata, I'm not sure what's up with that. Best Buy had tons of copies 6 months ago for $20 a piece. I should have picked one up, since the game goes for double that now.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Amazon had ToV as a deal of the day for under $20 not once, but twice that I am aware of. I bought it the second time. Risen seems to have a low print run because I have only seen it online. Amazon only carries it through buy.com. I like the game but I am not sure how much demand there is for it.

[quote name='HydroX']Beautiful Katamari? 'Really? I saw many copies of this for like $9.99 in a few places.[/QUOTE]It's OOP, so if you can find a copy for $9.99, I'd suggest picking one up if you're interested in it.

Katamari isn't the most valueable game but I think it has held it price the best out of all 360 games. I would consider it uncommon right now but in the future I doubt it will lose it's value. Also for $10 pick it up it's going for $20+ used and $30+ new on ebay, that would be some easy money.

bloodbowl and backyard football 09 are fairly limited. The latest CSI is sorta difficult to find.

I have the Bioshock LE sealed and an open/mint copy of Oblivion CE with Teen rating.

How about one of the favorites of gamerscore whores in the US: My Horse and Me 2!

You can pick it up from this seller in Australia for $50-60 shipped:

My Horse & Me 2

Resale will probably get you at least that much in USD.

It is rare because it is a PAL only release, but it is in fact a region free game despite being marked as PAL on both the packaging and the disc.

[quote name='AshesofWake']eternal sonata sealed seems to be getting original retail value on ebay, and used copies aren't that cheap...[/QUOTE]

300 points on Goozex? Seemed fair to me.

[quote name='Kerig']order it from Inetvideo.com if you want it: $8.99 + shipping new.

[/QUOTE]

You beat me to it, I was going to add that but I had to jet before i could post it.

[quote name='Scorch']bloodbowl and backyard football 09 are fairly limited. The latest CSI is sorta difficult to find.
[/QUOTE]

Have you played Bloodbowl? I'd rather play Sneak King or Big Bumping for hours on end than to play Blood bowl for 2 minutes.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']How about one of the favorites of gamerscore whores in the US: My Horse and Me 2!

My Horse & Me 2

It is rare because it is a PAL only release, but it is in fact a region free game despite being marked as PAL on both the packaging and the disc.[/QUOTE]

If I go through your list of games, Am I going to see that you have this game and all it's achievements? :D

[quote name='Vulcan2422']If I go through your list of games, Am I going to see that you have this game and all it's achievements? :D[/QUOTE]

No.... not me..... I never played My Horse and Me 2.... and if I did there is no way I got 1000/1000 in it... ;)

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']How about one of the favorites of gamerscore whores in the US: My Horse and Me 2!

My Horse & Me 2

It is rare because it is a PAL only release, but it is in fact a region free game despite being marked as PAL on both the packaging and the disc.[/QUOTE]

Damnit now I want it. Just because it rare, I know nothing on it, but it now peaked my interest and I didn't even know it existed. must resist

[quote name='Denbo32']Damnit now I want it. Just because it rare, I know nothing on it, but it now peaked my interest and I didn't even know it existed. must resist[/QUOTE]

It is def rare in the US currently no listings on ebay usually goes for around $60 tho.

Also anyone who is interested Darkest of Days price dropped at GS to $20 new and $25 used lol just got a copy... too bad its GS "new"

bread's done
Back