Predators - In theaters now! Post your Reviews here! (Spoilers)

I thought that was Shia LaBeouf in the last picture.. I'm glad it's not.. or at least, IMDB tells me it's not.

[quote name='Scorch']I thought that was Shia LaBeouf in the last picture.. I'm glad it's not.. or at least, IMDB tells me it's not.[/QUOTE]

That's Adrien Brody. Anyway, this looks like a nice surprise. Hopefully it will be alot better than AvP 2.

[quote name='twicwborn']That's Adrien Brody. Anyway, this looks like a nice surprise. Hopefully it will be alot better than AvP 2.[/QUOTE]

More like better than Predator 2, AVP and AVP2. They all were bad, but this one has a good cast and a cool setting being in the Predators home land.

pleasedon'tsuckpleasedon'tsuckpleasedon'tsuck

That is certainly an interesting cast they put together. Actors from all different areas, never would expect to see them all together in one film. I can see how it will play into the "many different people thrown together to survive" feel of the movie.

Adrien Brodie's come a long way from being lanky Jew who played the piano...

Trying not to raise my hopes up, but it looks damn promising.

could be interesting but i dont see why adrien brody is in it. i get the odd feeling hes going to be one of the main survivors or the only one. heres to hoping one of them is a cyborg.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant say any movie directed by a guy named nimrod can inspire much faith, jokes at his name aside only other movies he has really done was armored (which I didnt see because it looked fucking ridiculous) and vacany which was pretty bland, uninspired and mediocre at best.

The cast doesnt interest me either as anything I happen to like about like fishburne or brody are the things that they do well that has absolutely nothing to do with fighting intergalatic hunters. And much as I like danny trejo but no movie he has been has been of very high caliber, sure some may have been enjoyable and good but overall werent that good (from dusk till dawn aside).

And the whole going to a
predator planet is pretty fucking weak considering its a predator game reserve which just happens to look just like a jungle from earth.

I would really love for this to be good but I have serious doubts that it will be worth watching more than once.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Looks interesting. The director guy mentioned something about a new predator, can't wait to see[/QUOTE]

Well the OP's link isnt working but if it is the same thing as this one is, then you see the new predator in it a couple times in concept art and a shot at the end and its
fucking laughable because its like some predator crossbred with a lion

http://teaser-trailer.com/movie/predators

If it is the same teaser then thats not the director talking in it. Thats robert rodriguez which is who should have done this to begin with. They have him talking because he is the only one fans respect, they wouldnt care if they had the real director talking about the movie.

Adrien Brody and Topher Grace. fuck that. I hope the Predators tear them apart limb from limb. I don't see this being any good whatsoever. I just wish they would leave the Alien movies and Predator movies alone. They were great back in the day, end it with that. Why does Hollywood insist on destroying franchises? Anything to make a fucking buck. The only thing this movie has going for it is Danny Trejo.

Another thing, why are the Predators hunting in parties? They don't need to hunt in parties, it was stupid when they did it in AvP and it'll be stupid now. And whats with that dog thing? I guess it's like your bloodhound in Duck Hunt. If the Predator misses with his shoulder cannon its going to come up and laugh at him.

Why is there a line in the movie saying "They learn, they adapt" like they're surprised? Just because they're aliens from another planet means we don't expect them to learn and adapt?

And this Rodriguez quote from that clip - "They're such killers and they're such predators." Wow, I'm glad you understand the concept of the movie, thanks for pointing that out to us. I wasn't sure why the movie is called Predators, but now I do.

Basically what I'm saying is fuck this movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do they keep putting Eric Foreman in action movies? He's ok in dramatic or comedic roles, but dude isn't an action star. Maybe he'll be the medic or something who gets killed early on.

[quote name='Scorch']I thought that was Shia LaBeouf in the last picture.. I'm glad it's not.. or at least, IMDB tells me it's not.[/QUOTE]

I have no freaking clue how you confuse Adrien Brody for Shia LaBeouf if you didn't need new glasses. :lol:

[quote name='gargus']And much as I like danny trejo but no movie he has been has been of very high caliber, sure some may have been enjoyable and good but overall werent that good (from dusk till dawn aside).
[/QUOTE]

Heat

[quote name='gargus']Cant say any movie directed by a guy named nimrod can inspire much faith, jokes at his name aside only other movies he has really done was armored (which I didnt see because it looked fucking ridiculous) and vacany which was pretty bland, uninspired and mediocre at best.

The cast doesnt interest me either as anything I happen to like about like fishburne or brody are the things that they do well that has absolutely nothing to do with fighting intergalatic hunters. And much as I like danny trejo but no movie he has been has been of very high caliber, sure some may have been enjoyable and good but overall werent that good (from dusk till dawn aside).

And the whole going to a
predator planet is pretty fucking weak considering its a predator game reserve which just happens to look just like a jungle from earth.

I would really love for this to be good but I have serious doubts that it will be worth watching more than once.

Well the OP's link isnt working but if it is the same thing as this one is, then you see the new predator in it a couple times in concept art and a shot at the end and its
fucking laughable because its like some predator crossbred with a lion

http://teaser-trailer.com/movie/predators

If it is the same teaser then thats not the director talking in it. Thats robert rodriguez which is who should have done this to begin with. They have him talking because he is the only one fans respect, they wouldnt care if they had the real director talking about the movie.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should check out his first film, Kontrol. Nimrod Antal is fully capable of not only making a great film, but a great Predator film. It's easy to take pot shots at a movie that's not even out yet.

[quote name='cognitive77']It's easy to take pot shots at a movie that's not even out yet.[/QUOTE]

We have good reason, the details released thus far make it sound like a pile of shit.

i wonder if they will have sexy female predators in this one that could be cool. also do you think predators hatch from eggs ?

[quote name='tcrash247']We have good reason, the details released thus far make it sound like a pile of shit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, remember when they announced that guy from 10 Things I Hate About You was gonna play the Joker?

I can't wait for this come out. Robert Rodriguez showed up at DiggNation Live last night and was talking about it and it sounds awesome. I really hope it ends up being as dark as he is promising.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Yeah, remember when they announced that guy from 10 Things I Hate About You was gonna play the Joker?[/QUOTE]

Having an actor announced and seeing an actor in the role are two completely different things. And the casting is only one of my problems, see my first post. Actors generally do not ruin a movie for me, the actual movie does. Like I said in the post you quoted, the DETAILS released make it sound like a pile of shit, not casting.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Why the fuck is Topher Grace in a predators movie. I would of been vaguely interested if Topher Grace was not here.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

[quote name='JolietJake']Why do they keep putting Eric Foreman in action movies?[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

[quote name='tcrash247']Adrien Brody and Topher Grace. fuck that. [/QUOTE]

Why the hate for Adrien Brody? He's a great actor.

Didn't the original Predator have some skinny teen with glasses - I think they called him spectacles or something. I seem to remember he died pretty quick. Hopefully they carry on this tradition. Someone should remind the director that this ain't Harry Potter.

[quote name='camoor']Why the hate for Adrien Brody? He's a great actor.

Didn't the original Predator have some skinny teen with glasses - I think they called him spectacles or something. I seem to remember he died pretty quick. Hopefully they carry on this tradition. Someone should remind the director that this ain't Harry Potter.[/QUOTE]

He doesn't strike me as an action star. The guy in the first Predator had glasses, but he was pretty hardcore. I doubt Brody is going to be telling pussy jokes. I said to my wife I wish I could have a little pussy, she said me too, mine's as big as house!

In this segment Alex talks about how he became attached to Predators 2010. He describes his relationship to the Predator franchise (including Predator, Predator 2, and the Alien V.S. Predator films). He also discusses Arnold Schwarzenegger's involvement with the franchise. Alex shares his experience of writing with Robert Rodriguez. He also talks about writing as a fan and for the fans. Check back soon for more from Alex Litvak.

6SBC (dot) com

When I first read about this and that it would be on the Predator home world I wanted to see this and have been hoping that it would not suck. The teaser makes it look like it will be worth checking out. I will be seeing this opening weekend. Maybe they will also have a rerelease of the first BD when this comes out. I would love to have some extras on the BD.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Yeah, remember when they announced that guy from 10 Things I Hate About You was gonna play the Joker?[/QUOTE]

He was also Oscar-nominated and had been in a shit ton of other movies when it was announced, so no, not the same thing.

IGN posted this article today, just more ammunition.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/107/1077485p1.html

Let me post a little part of that and comment on it.

"Indeed, Predators will be a continuation of the original, with the aliens selecting the best-of-the-best from Earth and hunting them for sport, using tactics like flushing, driving and trapping to catch their prey. "

So what this sounds like is that the Predators are on a redneck hunting trip with their dogs. I guess they set up tents, start a bonfire, crack some alien beers and put on alien Nascar on their 6" black and white tv. This is just ridiculous, they're changing everything the Predators were about from the first two movies. They just keep fucking this franchise over and over again, will it ever stop? No, because the same people that paid to see Transformers 2 will pay to see this.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']He was also Oscar-nominated and had been in a shit ton of other movies when it was announced, so no, not the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Adrien Brody, Laurence Fishburn

idk about this movie the trailer shows that the predator has the " big head" affliction from the AVP movies

[quote name='tcrash247']IGN posted this article today, just more ammunition.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/107/1077485p1.html

Let me post a little part of that and comment on it.

"Indeed, Predators will be a continuation of the original, with the aliens selecting the best-of-the-best from Earth and hunting them for sport, using tactics like flushing, driving and trapping to catch their prey. "

So what this sounds like is that the Predators are on a redneck hunting trip with their dogs. I guess they set up tents, start a bonfire, crack some alien beers and put on alien Nascar on their 6" black and white tv. This is just ridiculous, they're changing everything the Predators were about from the first two movies. They just keep fucking this franchise over and over again, will it ever stop? No, because the same people that paid to see Transformers 2 will pay to see this.[/QUOTE]
How are the Predators in the other movies not like rednecks? Seriously they drive their truck and land it on Earth and go hunting all the time. AVP2 was the only one where we get a normal non-redneck Predator who has to go to a planet and clean up a mess one of his cousins leaves.

[quote name='BillyBob29']The more info that is released about the movie, the worse it sounds.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...I will have to agree.

Personally, I thought AVP was one of the worse movies I have ever seen. The first half of the film was an absolute bore. The 2nd half was going through the motions. I never bothered to see AVP2.

[quote name='bardockkun']How are the Predators in the other movies not like rednecks? Seriously they drive their truck and land it on Earth and go hunting all the time. AVP2 was the only one where we get a normal non-redneck Predator who has to go to a planet and clean up a mess one of his cousins leaves.[/QUOTE]

I'm speaking more of the tactics being used. Driving and flushing are much different than sitting in a tree being stealthed and stalking a bunch of humans.

[quote name='Xevious']
. I never bothered to see AVP2.[/QUOTE]

AVP2 was a god awful mess. Consider yourself lucky. The only reason I have faith in Predators is Robert Rodriguez is helming it. He may do it justice, but for the most part I agree with other posts on here. The more I hear about the movie, the more I lose faith.

[quote name='JolietJake']Like sitting in a tree stand and stalking deer?[/QUOTE]

I should not have said sitting, but I was implying that they move from tree to tree, which is why I used the word stalk. Sitting in a tree stand is more camping, you can't really stalk a deer in one place because to stalk means to pursue or approach prey stealthily.

RR has been wanting to do a Predator movie since the 1st one, so this is his time to make a good one. He's been flaming the 2nd one for a while now just like McG with Terminator 3. I think it will be better than the 2nd one and that's good enough to be decent.

[quote name='DaChicagoBear1']RR has been wanting to do a Predator movie since the 1st one, so this is his time to make a good one. He's been flaming the 2nd one for a while now just like McG with Terminator 3. I think it will be better than the 2nd one and that's good enough to be decent.[/QUOTE]

You know that Robert Rodriguez is not doing this movie, right? He's a producer, it's not his movie, just like District 9 is not Peter Jackson's and Hostel is not Quentin Tarantino's. They use the big name producer to promote the movie because it gives the illusion that it is that person's movie.

[quote name='tcrash247']You know that Robert Rodriguez is not doing this movie, right? He's a producer, it's not his movie, just like District 9 is not Peter Jackson's and Hostel is not Quentin Tarantino's. They use the big name producer to promote the movie because it gives the illusion that it is that person's movie.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but he had the script in place for many years. Antal though hasnt been asked the big questions when it comes to this movie, they all seem to go to RR.

bread's done
Back