GFWL The Club PC download $3.95 Direct2Drive

Thanks for the tip. Critics didn't seem too impressed with it, and I have plenty of other games to give my time to. (Mass Effect 2 comes to mind.)

Even at $3.95, I'll be passing on this.

Sounds like a quick and fun play. About a dollar cheap than third party sellers for new on Amazon.

For 3.95, I will be an achievement whore.

Is this as temporary sale? Seems worth it, downloading the demo to make sure it runs fine on my laptop.

Seems like a fun, arcade style game.

If this were available via any other digital download service I'd buy it. I have been ripped off by Direct 2 Drive three times this year by them failing to process my payment yet I still get charged. I would love to buy it but I refuse to give Direct 2 Drive another cent.

$4 you can't go wrong. I got it a year or so ago for around $11 on 360 and it's definitely fun. It has some interesting scoring twists on the arena deathmatch genre. It's underrated but by no means is it an amazing game. You'll get your money's worth for sure; I wouldn't(and didn't) have bought it at $60.

[quote name='aznguyen316']hmm thanks. The key can probably be used for another live game if you wanted haha[/QUOTE]
Ha, what do you mean by this?

And hey, I knew you were on Notebook Forum too!

[quote name='dallow']Ha, what do you mean by this?

And hey, I knew you were on Notebook Forum too![/QUOTE]

I DO NOT KNOW how reliable this gossip is, but:

There have been reports that the keys for GFWL games are not tied to the specific games they come with, but can be used to link any currently installed GFWL title that hasn't been linked yet, to your gamertag, basically authenticating for updates, LIVE achievements, mulitiplayer, etc.

For instance, you buy a used copy of DIRT 2 PC for cheap, find out after you installed it, that the key has already been used. Then buy this download of The Club, don't download it at all, but use the key provided to "activate" DIRT 2 to your Gamertag via GFWL.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dallow']Ha, what do you mean by this?

And hey, I knew you were on Notebook Forum too![/QUOTE]

hi! yup I'm there a lot nowadays. And read above me for explanation. I haven't tried it yet though.

[quote name='loomis1975']I DO NOT KNOW how reliable this gossip is, but:

There have been reports that the keys for GFWL games are not tied to the specific games they come with, but can be used to link any currently installed GFWL title that hasn't been linked yet, to your gamertag, basically authenticating for updates, LIVE achievements, mulitiplayer, etc.

For instance, you buy a used copy of DIRT 2 PC for cheap, find out after you installed it, that the key has already been used. Then buy this download of The Club, don't download it at all, but use the key provided to "activate" DIRT 2 to your Gamertag via GFWL.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't work with Dirt 2 due to ssa drm. However, I have heard similar rumors with other titles.

For about 4 bucks I would say that this game is well worth it. I bought it for 10 on 360 a while ago, and its pretty fun.

Downloaded and played the demo, a lot fun. Will be buying this, especially since the price is less than a chicken sandwich.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Doesn't work with Dirt 2 due to ssa drm. However, I have heard similar rumors with other titles.[/QUOTE]

It works with Bioshock 2.

So, let me get this straight, I can buy The Club, but use the key to activate a completely different game?

Somehow, I doubt this is CAGgotry; It's drifting quickly to a gray area.

Having that been said, may I please have a list of confirmed games I can do this with?

Thanks for the heads up on this op. I grabbed it and plays great. Only issue i am having is performing the update with live. it completed the update through live, then asked if i was sure i wanted to end the program to which i clicked yes. After that i restarted the game and it still says i need to update but when it starts updating it closes the game after a couple of seconds.

Minor issue i suppose as the game plays fine just cant log into live with it.

wait... how does activating on GFWL work. Is it similar to steam that once it's activated it's tied to your account and you can download it whenever on that particular account? Or is it just activated on the computer and must be activated again on any other computer, every time.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']wait... how does activating on GFWL work. Is it similar to steam that once it's activated it's tied to your account and you can download it whenever on that particular account? Or is it just activated on the computer and must be activated again on any other computer, every time.[/QUOTE]

Depends on the key type. Starndard keys are up 15 non revocable activations bound to the nt user account & pc. SSA keys are bound to the gamertag and can be used on that and only that gamertag with no other limits.

[quote name='Spyder187']Thanks for the heads up on this op. I grabbed it and plays great. Only issue i am having is performing the update with live. it completed the update through live, then asked if i was sure i wanted to end the program to which i clicked yes. After that i restarted the game and it still says i need to update but when it starts updating it closes the game after a couple of seconds.

Minor issue i suppose as the game plays fine just cant log into live with it.[/QUOTE]

I was having the same problem, solved it. Try running the game as an administrator (right click on the game, run as admin). Downloaded the update again, asked to quit - i picked "yes", the game automatically relaunched and connected to Live.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back