Amazon 11 am PDT - Gold Box deal on GTA: Episodes from Liberty City - $25.00

Anyone else think it'll really happen at 10am and Amazon's just being wonky since daylight savings time hasn't kicked in on Pacific time yet?

[quote name='Justin42']Anyone else think it'll really happen at 10am and Amazon's just being wonky since daylight savings time hasn't kicked in on Pacific time yet?[/QUOTE]

Oh, daylight savings time! I was wondering how it got so late so quickly. All the clocks I use change automatically.

[quote name='shadowrage']I could swear I got the 360 pack in a lightning deal maybe a month ago.[/QUOTE]

You did, because I did also :)

It was $20 bucks back then, not sure what they will want for it now.

[quote name='mitnosi']You did, because I did also :)

It was $20 bucks back then, not sure what they will want for it now.[/QUOTE]

What was in the X360 pack? Episodes of Liberty City and which other?

This might be a dumb question, but I'm assuming these are the discs, or are they just DLC?

If they're discs, can I DL the episodes instead of popping in the discs?

[quote name='imfromwisconsin']This might be a dumb question, but I'm assuming these are the discs, or are they just DLC?

If they're discs, can I DL the episodes instead of popping in the discs?[/QUOTE]
The retail pack is a stand-alone disc, which doesn't require the original GTAIV to play. Doesn't give you a DLC download option.

[quote name='imfromwisconsin']This might be a dumb question, but I'm assuming these are the discs, or are they just DLC?

If they're discs, can I DL the episodes instead of popping in the discs?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know anything that's sold on a disc (that is also available as DLC) can never be downloaded instead, because then you could just sell the disc version and still have the game/content or whatever. It'd be nice though, especially for those xbla compilation discs.

[quote name='kidrocklive']As far as I know anything that's sold on a disc (that is also available as DLC) can never be downloaded instead, because then you could just sell the disc version and still have the game/content or whatever. It'd be nice though, especially for those xbla compilation discs.[/QUOTE]

oblivion GOTY second disc, you can download and than use the original disc. i've passed along the second disc to so many people, it's not even funny

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Does this JUST include the expansions or is it GTA4 + both expansions?[/QUOTE]

I believe it's just the expansions as a standalone version.

[quote name='opportunity777']I believe it's just the expansions as a standalone version.[/QUOTE]It is.

The DLC from XBL, or the DLC card sold at retail for L&TD needed the original game. This one doesn't, as it has a copy of the game engine included. It doesn't include the content from the original game.

Should you have finished the original GTA4 before these, or are they completely separate stories0

Dammit! I ordered it used from Amazon Warehouse Deals friday night for $30...got my shipping info this morning...

I'll wait. Already bought TLaD on XBL so $20 is my max limit. Either I'll wait for this set to go down in price or wait for TBoGT to be a deal of the week.

[quote name='Patriotbball5460']If I beat the game on my PS3 and dont have any save of GTA IV on 360, am I still able to play it like normal..?[/QUOTE]

Yes. EfLC doesn't require the original game and doesn't use game saves if you have them.
That said, not sure if I should budge at $25 or wait for it to go down a little more. Hmm.

[quote name='forteblast']Yes. EfLC doesn't require the original game and doesn't use game saves if you have them.
That said, not sure if I should budge at $25 or wait for it to go down a little more. Hmm.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, picking up a copy now! Thanks!

[quote name='Patriotbball5460']If I beat the game on my PS3 and dont have any save of GTA IV on 360, am I still able to play it like normal..?[/QUOTE]

Yes. They do not require the original to play.

bread's done
Back